• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

brentech

The Indians owner died this sim. His son takes over.
My search for a RF replacement was on my roster....taking a hint from the real Indians and throwing Lonnie Chisenhall out there. He batted 348 and held together a .843 def eff over 79 innings.
I did get back my original starting RF and my do it all outfield defender, so my depth is back as well. Hanging onto that 3 1/2 game lead in the AL central.

Allard, my best pitching prospect, is out for 13 months ):

2 1/2 game lead in the division though! Might be the biggest all year.

Mark Reynolds is on fire! 13 for 36 .361 avg 6 hr and 13 rbi in his last 10 games!

eznark

Banned
Another contract was reset to a 1 year $500k deal. I do not know why this keeps happening. I'll get it fixed, Brent.

TheCrow

Ok, guess i'm done with using 7 day lineups. It keeps starting relief pitchers instead of my starting pitchers. He know has 4 starts with an ERA of 8 vs an ERA of 2 as a reliever.
rage.gif

Rommel

Got pretty screwed by that short sim the one before this last one. Profar was 2 days from coming back and Wong got hurt day 1 of the sim. What are the odds my best two players get hurt...

Rommel

Got pretty screwed by that short sim the one before this last one. Profar was 2 days from coming back and Wong got hurt day 1 of the sim. What are the odds my best two players get hurt...

My #1 and #2 starter are out for the year. My top 2 picks are effectively out for the year.

eznark

Banned
I've also been curious if we intentionally had PED suspensions off. Curious if Wong would get busted.

As far as I understand it, the only thing it does is change a suspension to an injury when the dice rolls. It was added in (and turned off by default) at the request of MLB as part of the license agreement. It shouldn't actually impact who is out. That's what I was told by a tester anyway.

brentech

As far as I understand it, the only thing it does is change a suspension to an injury when the dice rolls. It was added in (and turned off by default) at the request of MLB as part of the license agreement. It shouldn't actually impact who is out. That's what I was told by a tester anyway.

Well that's a real bummer after reading this last night

"Drug Suspensions
Drug suspensions can also occur in OOTP. Drug suspensions are random, but players with low intelligence and work ethic are more likely to get suspended for drug use."

eznark

Banned
Yeah, this is the first time they've ever been off by default. I forgot to turn them back on but was told it's effectively not a big deal. We'll turn them on in the off season.

Yo I'm coming for that first place.

I KNOW YOU ARE.

Stop scaring me.

I'm throwing everything I can at the wall. I have a Rule 5 guy in center, 3 guys in the bullpen who were free agents going into the year and yet am still barely clinging.

All I can hope for is 2B Wendle to come back, letting me get Zobrist to the OF and then hope Davis does enough to get me a 2+ WAR. I'll still need to get very lucky.

I don't think I have the horses to get down the stretch without your daddy moneybucks team rolling past.

There are rich teams, there are poor teams, then there's 50 feet of crap, then there's the Oakland Athletics.

Sanjuro

Brought up a couple kids a bit early. Robbie Ross had been killing it in AAA, been solid with a 1-hitter so far in the show.

I KNOW YOU ARE.

Stop scaring me.

I'm throwing everything I can at the wall. I have a Rule 5 guy in center, 3 guys in the bullpen who were free agents going into the year and yet am still barely clinging.

All I can hope for is 2B Wendle to come back, letting me get Zobrist to the OF and then hope Davis does enough to get me a 2+ WAR. I'll still need to get very lucky.

I don't think I have the horses to get down the stretch without your daddy moneybucks team rolling past.

There are rich teams, there are poor teams, then there's 50 feet of crap, then there's the Oakland Athletics.

My starting pitching is doing much better than I had expected. They really have kept me in there when my hitting was all over the place. Now I'm starting to get some hot bats finally (which should be happening. Just look at whose on my team). I do have a ton of money to throw around, although I hope to clear some room this offseason to see if I can load up on a couple of free agents. My minor league system right now is kind of a mess.

brentech

Brought up a couple kids a bit early. Robbie Ross had been killing it in AAA, been solid with a 1-hitter so far in the show.

Yeah, injuries forced me to bring up 3 outfield rookies. 1 doing really well and looks ready to stay. 1 just kind of meh and the other is outclassed.

Sanjuro

Yeah, injuries forced me to bring up 3 outfield rookies. 1 doing really well and looks ready to stay. 1 just kind of meh and the other is outclassed.

Have to be careful with the outclassed. I've had a couple guys who struggled a bit, ratings destroyed once moved back down, then got hurt. Hurts destroying virtual talent!

This game has been fun. Basically I finished a game out of the postseason last year by blowing up my entire rotation. Wade Miley has been getting over $10m to play AAA ball all this year.

This year has been far more consistent, but I'm not sure my rotation can get me far. Signing Cueto basically was an absolute priority. Rule 5 guy is fine for a back end of the rotation.

Have to be careful with the outclassed. I've had a couple guys who struggled a bit, ratings destroyed once moved back down, then got hurt. Hurts destroying virtual talent!

This game has been fun. Basically I finished a game out of the postseason last year by blowing up my entire rotation. Wade Miley has been getting over $10m to play AAA ball all this year.

This year has been far more consistent, but I'm not sure my rotation can get me far. Signing Cueto basically was an absolute priority. Rule 5 guy is fine for a back end of the rotation.

CJ Wilson is only in my rotation because of injuries. Him and Weaver are making a combined $40 million this year with a combined ERA of 5+. Fuck them both and the Angels for giving out huge contracts so hard.

Sanjuro

CJ Wilson is only in my rotation because of injuries. Him and Weaver are making a combined $40 million this year with a combined ERA of 5+. Fuck them both and the Angels for giving out huge contracts so hard.

The Cueto contract might end up bad, but seems at least he should be consistent, and I needed him now. Steve Pearce was the only bad contract I think I gave out, but he seems to be hitting a bit better after I tried to DFA his ass. He won the silver slugger last year, didn't need him, but figured he could take over at first base.

Basically my young outfielders are all ready to go, I have a great young 3B. My MLB lineup has been bursting at the seams.

ryseing

I now have three SP on the DL. One of these seasons I'll have healthy pitching that lives up to its potential and the AL West will be mine. At least Woj has been great. 142 ERA+ on this team is Cy Young worthy.

I feel like I've been really pushing my rookies too. Put my top pitching prospect (according to OSA anyway) into the rotation for a couple starts and he got blowed up, so back to AAA he went. Appel has been faring a bit better. Also just promoted my best, closest hitting prospect to the show. He was more or less holding his own at every level, so I just said 'fuck it' and put him in the MLB lineup. Batting around .250 his first week, which is a shitload better than some regulars I have.

Story of every Mariners season... Mariners are cursed in all forms.

Not back in the Kingdome days. It was the reverse.

It's hard because my stadium ruins righties but if I get too many lefties they all seem to run awful platoon splits. Oddly though I have a winning record at home and a losing record on the road, which is abnormal for Safeco era Mariners teams.

I want to move into Suntrust Park next season like the real Braves will in 2017.

Shit no I don't. It's supposed to hold 3,000 less fans than my average is this season.

4 games back, and in 2nd for the wild card

The free fall continues...

There seems to be a weird bug where I click on certain box scores (whether through my schedule or a player's box score) and it takes me to something completely different

brentech

I had no less than 15 emails from my new owner about season goals, which didn't say what they were. Game is going crazy.

Right now I'm happy with any sim that I win more than I lose. 3-2, I'll take it! Keeping a 4 game lead over Detroit and Chicago. 6 on KC.

Damn Shelby Miller is out for 5 days, Chris Archer for 3, and Chris Young, yet another OF, is out for 3 weeks!

Lol Archer has a virus and Miller a sore elbow. Suck it up and play!

Fan interest keeps dropping too. Down to 81 now

Correa 2x AL player of the week. 13-9 in August. I think I might end up over .500 fortunately/unfortunately.

I'm amused by the 3-way tie for worst team. Keep fighting, guys!

Top Bottom