• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Rommel

At home against the Dodgers for 3 with my top 3 starters going vs the back end of their rotation. My boys have to make it happen.

brentech

Ugh. AL Central log jam. All too close.
The Indians have the hardest remaining schedule + 13 away games.

22 games left, magic number is 21 =(
I'm so scared.

Ugh. AL Central log jam. All too close.
The Indians have the hardest remaining schedule + 13 away games.

22 games left, magic number is 21 =(
I'm so scared.

I was really hoping I could pull off the AL Central miracle in the last 40 games like last season, but I just don't have any faith in my pitching holding up for the last 3 weeks.

Rommel

Tip:

If a player gets injured and goes on the DL after playoff rosters are set you can right click on another player and under transactions add him to your playoff roster.

5.5% playoff odds, hardest remaining schedule of any AL contender.

I am already dead. I guess considering my offense is 14th or 15th in nearly every offensive category it shouldn't be a surprise. Its like my team revolted after I traded off LogDog.

Edit: Interesting, I was looking at a bunch of my young arb eligible guys. They are all open to negotiate but they pretty much all want 1 year deals. So I could save a bunch next year but have to potentially pay out more long term.

*Nervously starts loading OOTP*

3-3 sim, Stanton 1-22 during the sim, nationals just 3 1/2 back of the 2nd wild card spot
a 2-0 loss to the Mets that went to...the 14th inning

RUKD2.gif

Kyle Seager had 3 homers in his first 9 at bats. Got hurt and was out for like a month, came back and has only hit 3 homers since. Ugh. .264 SLG% this month.

On the plus side my Short A team won the Northwest League, so huzzah.

Clinched at least a Wild Card spot this sim. Magic number is 3 for the division! Shelby Miller has a small chance of getting the pitching triple crown. 2nd in ERA, wins, and strikeouts! Miller for Cy Young and MVP!

Fucking Braves

Did you have to get swept by the Nationals!?!?!?

Lol you still have a 93% chance at the wild card.

Clinched at least a Wild Card spot this sim. Magic number is 3 for the division! Shelby Miller has a small chance of getting the pitching triple crown. 2nd in ERA, wins, and strikeouts! Miller for Cy Young and MVP!

Lol you still have a 93% chance at the wild card.

3 games against the Nats, 3 against the Braves, 3 against the Phillies

93% chance seems insanely high. If I get swept by the Nats...

And damn, Jarred Cosart has not regressed to the mean at all since he came back. If only did I have the duo of him and Jose, I would feel great about any potential playoff series
Now I'm relying on Matt Garza!

brentech

Dat 99.9% chance. Still scared.
Brantley can return in 5 days though. Just not sure if it's worth throwing him into the lineup after 4 months down. Probably not.

Checked my injury log....there is a virus in my clubhouse. Two guys have it! nooooooooooo

Choo Choo here comes to Wong Triple Crown Train!

Polanco is 169/519
Wong is 180/558

If you assume both get an average of 4 ABs per game, that's 40 abs left. Doing some math, it seems like both if they hit how they have would end up with roughly 13 more hits. So yeah, you gotta root for a couple of 0-fers.

I dunno what your likelihood is for dingers.

I may not have a player with more than thirty homers or 100 RBI. How the hell I have won 88 games is beyond my imagination.

Because you have a top 10 defense and a top 5 bullpen and your run prevention is really good.

You're basically like my Mariners team, except with a better offense.

Mark Reynolds leads my team with 31 home runs and 80 RBI. Definitely the reason we're winning

You have the best run prevention in the NL!

Because you have a top 10 defense and a top 5 bullpen and your run prevention is really good.

I am astounded that I have a top 10 defense. I swear I've noticed about ten games this season where it was like "well damn that 2 run error fucked me over in the 8th/9th inning!"

You have the best run prevention in the NL!

I know I was just joking. We have the best ERA, Starters ERA, and defensive eff. Had one of the best bullpens too but once a couple of my better relievers got hurt a few guys just fell apart. At one point in the season my entire pitching staff had an ERA under 4.00 except for Alex Wood.

Just curious, what is? I kind of assumed that fielding percentage played a big role in it.

I would guess that how well your defense does with runners on base counts.

Well the game's defensive rankings of your team is based on a thing they call "Defensive efficiency":

EFF - "Defensive Efficiency" - the rate at which balls put into play are converted into outs by a team's defense. EFF can be approximated with (1 - BABIP).

When I am checking to see if a player in OOTP is good I usually look at a combo of range factor, zone rating and defensive efficiency.

Errors and fielding percentage only really measure how well a player does at fielding balls they actually get to.

I personally also try not to play a guy at a position if he has less than 50 as his positional rating for that position.

Top Bottom