• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Really thought about giving Koehler the nod here, but I've decided to stick with Alvarez, and no Cosart on short rest.

I noticed that Alvarez alternates wins and losses. His last game was a loss. Hopefully the trend continues and this is a win!

Screw that. Let's sim through 2027 in one day. Then through 2043 on day 2... and in a week we'd be in 4012 and the A's might have won a World Series by then!

LOL, patience ain't your bag, is it Rommel? Think of it like drinking a nice Scotch. You could gulp it down and get that slightly bigger rush... or you can sip it, extend the experience. Settle in, enjoy those smooth earthy notes of OOTP.

Yeah, baseball isn't exactly a gulp-it-down sport, is it?! It's been a fun first two seasons so far. Good luck to all those who made the post-season.

Yeah I'm glad we have this league with its daily advances and that I'm not the one doing them. I thought about starting my own offline league but I know what road it leads to, I would be out of control. The anticipation is part of the beauty.

Damn I wish the division series started a day later. Jace will be back for game 2 and Freddie will be back for game 3! 3 starting pitchers are hot and my setup man is too! Looking similar to last years playoffs.

Sanjuro

Anyone else have a glitch where even after quitting the OOTP program, it says it's still running? Just happened since the last Steam update I believe.

Downloading now. And while I download I am going to pray to the Virgin Mary, Jesus Christ, Buddah, Allah, Joseph Smith, Shiva, Zeus, and whoever the fuck else, that playoff Kershaw shows up.

I would say that I wish I had Jose, but my offense was absolutely pathetic.

Stanton is on the block, and this isn't a joke. I am not exactly looking to trade this guy quickly, but this coming year is where I am going to seriously field offers, and if my team isn't contending, I am absolutely trading him. This next season his contract is still reasonable, but it will jump up to 25 million+ after.

sUmFs5b.png

First priority is to reload on pitching.

Corey Kluber vs Sonny Gray in Game 1. Wish I could watch it.

I would say that I wish I had Jose, but my offense was absolutely pathetic.

Stanton is on the block, and this isn't a joke. I am not exactly looking to trade this guy quickly, but this coming year is where I am going to seriously field offers, and if my team isn't contending, I am absolutely trading him. This next season his contract is still reasonable, but it will jump up to 25 million+ after.

sUmFs5b.png

Guess OOTP doesn't have the player optout clause after 2020?

brentech

Hrm, Brantley has the & mark for playoff elgible, but doesn't show up in my lineups for me to drop him into position. Will look at it more later.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

sUmFs5b.png

I may consider putting Bumgarner out for the right offer. Need to double check my financial situation.

The backend of that Stanton contract scares me away from any particular deal there though.

Rommel

I'm so dumb. Thanks!

Goldschmidt didn't do so bad against you either. Wong though..

And my starters have had a rough time against you.. my guess is you win it in 4 :(.

But my starters that did the best against you are now on the DL. Should be interesting, yah Goldy clubbed me good.

Man did Heyward get a ratings bump this year. I see him and Wong shared personal trainers in the offseason.

ntSYy9l.png

MC Safety

Do you folks add new players to the league? I have the Macintosh version for OOTP 2016 and would love to play a season against human competitors.

brentech

Bauer not ready for that playoff stage. Probably his worst game of the season. Gave up 12 hits and 7 ER.
Doesn't help that 5 guys didn't notch a hit that game, but damn. Guy wasn't ready for that.

Rommel

Error from my elite CF defender costs me game 1. Of course.

I see my manager decided to go with De La Rosa at the last minute lol...

Bauer not ready for that playoff stage. Probably his worst game of the season. Gave up 12 hits and 7 ER.
Doesn't help that 5 guys didn't notch a hit that game, but damn. Guy wasn't ready for that.

The Kluber-Gray matchup was worth the billing though.

Good series so far.

brentech

Sim is going up right now.
3 of the 4 series have been decided. I simmed an extra day to put us up to the day of the final game of this series.

A's and Indians at 2 games a piece.
If A's are able to upload tonight (or say they don't want to make any changes), I'll sim the final game of the series so the next days can keep moving at 3 days a piece.

Didn't even put a point against him.

Lol 90's Braves are back! Kershaw hasn't allowed a run in his 2 starts since coming back. He wasn't even fully rested!

My update fucked up and I'm still on the same day. What was the easiest way to fix that? I usually just delete everything.

Top Bottom