• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Rommel

This sim is like Christmas, I should get my RF back, a player development report and whats happening with the playoff race.

brentech

Neither my desktop or my laptop seems to be able to sim the league from the normal commissioners panel.

So I had to sim day by day. It's uploading right now.

You'd probably have it clinched it you weren't currently being swept by the best team in GOBL

Braves%20trash.png

Look at all those accolades, great regular seasons, and only one World Series to claim for it

You really are recreating the 1990s Braves

When the next advance happens, are we going to stop it before the 1 game playoff or are we going straight into it?

Cause I noticed just now I have nobody on my playoff roster, wasn't sure if I have to set that before we go

brentech

Looks like I have the same problem with simming even after wiping the game from my system. Will have to sim day by day again. (Really just means I can't automate the simming and generate the 'what happened between these days' email...but still pisses me off).
File should be up shortly.
Simming to Oct 10th, the day after Regular Season ends, but before any games are played. We don't have any play-ins to the wild card round.

Get your playoff rosters set. Simming 3 days at a time for the playoffs.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. His health status says ok, but he hasn't pitched since August 2nd.

Hopefully they throw a broken Kershaw out there anyways!

Oh shit he might be better now then. Well at least I won't have to face him in game one!

I wish my shit didn't take so long to update. Been stuck at 12% the last 10 mins.

Oh, shit...Kershaw's last report was on August 6 and that he'd be out 2 months.

It's been 2 months....

Looks like the Dodgers had been going on a 4 man rotation while he was out. And he conveniently comes back for this game, cause his health status looks ok.

Fabulous!

Rommel

Oh, shit...Kershaw's last report was on August 6 and that he'd be out 2 months.

It's been 2 months....

Looks like the Dodgers had been going on a 4 man rotation while he was out. And he conveniently comes back for this game, cause his health status looks ok.

Fabulous!

That's some timing lol

GL HF to all in the playoffs.

I really f'd myself with some of my playoff eligibility. Ah well, lesson learned. Hope it doesn't bite me in the ass.

Also, thanks Bob Melvin for letting Gray pitch the meaningless last game of the season. Real nice managing job there, guy.

Just gotta hope for a rusty version of playoff Kershaw.

Even playoff Kershaw is better than Henderson "Jekyll and Hyde" Alvarez.

Henderson is either great, or complete garbage.

In his only game against LAD earlier in the year he threw 8 innings, 5 hits allowed, 0 ER, with 6 strikeouts.

Henderson PLS

brentech

Most players that come back from a long injury do poorly for a bit if they weren't assigned a minor league rehab. Not sure if he was or not.
I threw Brantley to the wolves for the last couple games of the season since there is no minor league to test him out on. He had 0 hits through 2 games then finally got two in the last game of the season.
Not sure if I'll start him or his backup who has been playing well.

Damn ended the season with a 17 inning 1-0 loss to the Brewers. The Braves are the only team in the history of GOBL to win 100 games! Number 1 in attendance too with over 150,000 more fans at our games than the next highest team. All thanks to this guy:

markreynolds.jpg

Looking forward to playing the Dodgers in the WC series.

Rommel

I would like to propose something for the playoffs...

If everyone who is in the playoffs can make it, maybe sim through the playoffs in one sitting. Grab a chat channel or maybe even a TeamSpeak channel and give it a run. I think it'd be fun.

Damn ended the season with a 17 inning 1-0 loss to the Brewers. The Braves are the only team in the history of GOBL to win 100 games! Number 1 in attendance too with over 150,000 more fans at our games than the next highest team. All thanks to this guy:
You haven't learned your lesson about shit talking

Cliff Floyd murders the crimson tide and these Marlins will destroy the neo Braves

Fuck I could have swore I had a couple more players eligible for the playoff roster but apparently not.

Wait I know I made Ian Thomas and Jose Peraza eligible after a few of my guys were put on the DL and now neither one of them can be put on the roster wtf

If everyone who is in the playoffs can make it, maybe sim through the playoffs in one sitting. Grab a chat channel or maybe even a TeamSpeak channel and give it a run. I think it'd be fun.

If it didn't take me 30 mins to an hour to download the updates

You haven't learned your lesson about shit talking

Cliff Floyd murders the crimson tide and these Marlins will destroy the neo Braves

980.gif

Ughh, I need to manually manage my pitching rotation at the end of the season I guess. All my good pitchers are tired currently thanks to putting them in useless games.

Who would have guessed we'd be facing each other in the playoffs after that trade last year lol
Should be fun.

We have 3 days before we even play since the NL WC doesn't play until the 13th. So I think our first game is on the 15th.
Oh yeah, I didn't look at the league schedule.Actually, I'll have a better idea next sim I guess since we should have a chance to look everything over before the series starts.

brentech

Not going to happen. Uploads and downloads aren't instant.

Fired my hitting coach right before this final sim. My offense decided to go out the door with him.

Oh well, gonna have to find some way to not waste the rest of Felix next season.

Screw that. Let's sim through 2027 in one day. Then through 2043 on day 2... and in a week we'd be in 4012 and the A's might have won a World Series by then!

LOL, patience ain't your bag, is it Rommel? Think of it like drinking a nice Scotch. You could gulp it down and get that slightly bigger rush... or you can sip it, extend the experience. Settle in, enjoy those smooth earthy notes of OOTP.

Top Bottom