• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Doesn't help him that the big money teams like the Yankees and Dodgers are cpu. So the usual suspects to trade a contract like that aren't around.

Definitely doesn't help. Is that new guy, that was mentioned earlier, still picking up that Yankees.

I can commiserate unfortunately. I wanted out from the Mauer albatross of a contract, but I knew it wouldn't happen without some self-sacrificial creativity that would ultimately do more long-term harm than good. Thankfully only two more years of his sucking my finances dry.

At least I got out from the Ervin Santana deal, but at the cost of Ynoa. The price of a cheap owner in a smaller market. But I can see some light at the end of the tunnel.

brentech

We're going to look into allowing Player to CPU trades. Will have to be approved even more so than a regular player to player trade.
Might be a bit, I have to look into it some more to see how it can actually be done or if it has to be completely processed by us and not just the final step. Would be nice if a human and CPU team could come to terms and then eznark or I just had to approve the pending trade.

eznark

Banned
We're going to look into allowing Player to CPU trades. Will have to be approved even more so than a regular player to player trade.
Might be a bit, I have to look into it some more to see how it can actually be done or if it has to be completely processed by us and not just the final step. Would be nice if a human and CPU team could come to terms and then eznark or I just had to approve the pending trade.

I have an event tonight but should be home by 9. I'll trade Braun to the Yankees for a top prospect to test things out!

I have an event tonight but should be home by 9. I'll trade Braun to the Yankees for a top prospect to test things out!

lucille-again1.gif

I offered that guy a minor league deal. No wonder he turned it down.

He wanted a 1 year deal for less than a million. I figured for a guy who was okay with being a bench bat and has huge power that was reasonable. Everyone I offered took my first offer.

I was going after him as a DH. My scout said he couldn't play D, and he also has no speed.

I first offered him before the Rule 5 with the intent of him being my DH. Now I have that kid from the Cubs who can't play defense at all as a first baseman so he will end up as my DH.

I had him as an elite RF with a .250/.350/.500 upside. But I'm leary of guys with 50 contact, one bad development bump away from a .220 hitter.

Admittedly the contact rating is worrisome, especially given how shitty my team was at hitting for average last year.

30 1/3 year old corner outfielder got $60m and 6 guaranteed years. lol

I probably should have held off until after the Rule 5 to offer him but eh. I gotta go for it while Cano and Felix are still not poop.

Rommel

I might be willing to move De La Rosa if someone is looking for a starter. Just seeing what interesting is out there.

Rommel

Going to be a challenge juggling two rule 5 pitchers... But they are some of my top pitching prospects already... Should be interesting

Rommel

Update is processing. Be up shortly.

Your AGM: "You're kidding, right? I would never accept this deal"

All those prospects had 2 or 3 people ahead of them according to my scout. Worth it for a solid hitting LF. Sorry Ender you were good but I couldn't take a .310 obp coming from my LF

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Your AGM: "That's not a fair deal. You have to offer us some more."

AGM can go fuck himself! Traded my 5th OF (albeit with ratings better than a typical 5th OF) for a pretty good reliever.

Already completing my owners goals too this offseason. He wanted me to acquire an all star.. so I signed CJ Wilson. YOU'RE WELCOME STU.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
AGM can go fuck himself! Traded my 5th OF (albeit with ratings better than a typical 5th OF) for a pretty good reliever.

Already completing my owners goals too this offseason. He wanted me to acquire an all star.. so I signed CJ Wilson. YOU'RE WELCOME STU.

My owner wanted a power guy last season and apparently Upton's 30+ homers wasn't enough to fulfill that goal. Well, he has Heyward now!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm doubling my development budget from last year. I want to see if this budget has any impact at all on those potential ratings.

You should also try shifting players between different positions and see how their potential numbers change, it could be as much as 20-30 points in some cases. Granted there's a good chance they'll have no defense rating for new positions, but the off-season is a good spot to think about position changes since the learning rate will be faster in spring training.

You should also try shifting players between different positions and see how their potential numbers change, it could be as much as 20-30 points in some cases. Granted there's a good chance they'll have no defense rating for new positions, but the off-season is a good spot to think about position changes since the learning rate will be faster in spring training.

I often switch a guys primary position if he has a better defensive rating at it.

brentech

League is simming right now. Been a little late the last couple days, busy in the afternoons.
This is a 3 day sim. Might switch back to 7 from here out unless there is an event day we'll break before it.

brentech

7 day sim in processing.
As it turns out, there is no way for you guys to make trade suggestions with CPU owned teams other than just asking me to try and run it.
I'm going to decide on a system. What I know for sure:
1) Trades won't be completed unless CPU fully agrees with your offer.
2) Eznark and I have to approve.

Probably going to only allow you a trade suggestion with those teams every so often since it would work this way. Should help with getting real offers to keep things competitive.

7 day sim in processing.
As it turns out, there is no way for you guys to make trade suggestions with CPU owned teams other than just asking me to try and run it.
I'm going to decide on a system. What I know for sure:
1) Trades won't be completed unless CPU fully agrees with your offer.
2) Eznark and I have to approve.

Probably going to only allow you a trade suggestion with those teams every so often since it would work this way. Should help with getting real offers to keep things competitive.

CPU can be absolutely destroyed unless the trade difficulty is set to very hard. I don't know what the settings are in our league, but the CPU teams will be obliterated unless it's handled properly. We'll end up with the human players having a very unfair advantage and the CPU teams may as well not exist. Additionally, some human teams that get trade proposals in before others will be handed an advantage. Just my input, but I think we have to be very careful about how we handle this issue in order to avoid some major pitfalls.

brentech

CPU can be absolutely destroyed unless the trade difficulty is set to very hard. I don't know what the settings are in our league, but the CPU teams will be obliterated unless it's handled properly. We'll end up with the human players having a very unfair advantage and the CPU teams may as well not exist. Additionally, some human teams that get trade proposals in before others will be handed an advantage. Just my input, but I think we have to be very careful about how we handle this issue in order to avoid some major pitfalls.

That's why I didn't just open the flood gates. Ease off.
Not just doing this with no thought of how it's going to work.

That's why I didn't just open the flood gates. Ease off.
Not just doing this with no thought of how it's going to work.

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across forcefully, if that's how you took it. Just sharing what I know about the CPU, in the event that you are unaware. Not everyone knows everything about this game. I'm far from an expert myself. I'm not trying to undermine your authoritah. Sorry.

cartman-patrol-ftr-150x150.jpg

Top Bottom