• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

brentech

Don't go fiddling around with your rosters (because it will get reset anyways). Next 1 day sim will be later today and it's going to be done just to correct the players that got stolen from this weeks trade.

Tomorrow will be back to a 3 day sim for FA

Only on the second team and already someone trying to snatch a player that was just traded....smfh. Should lose all your choices for this bullshit.

I hope it wasn't me, was it? I was third overall, but I checked every player's history after adding them to my draft list. I didn't get my pick, Ketel Marte, but I think Seattle snuck him back onto their 40-man after the eligible players list was posted.

Overall, I'm happy with my haul. Got a good SP, great defensive/platoon catcher, and a nice reliever. I'll probably keep them all.

Holy shit, I know it's unlikely, but you're willing to use 13 roster spots on Rule 5 players?
nvm, I didn't bother to look at how many rounds you had filled

Only on the second team and already someone trying to snatch a player that was just traded....smfh. Should lose all your choices for this bullshit.

Montero is on my team ):

Could've swore I fixed my list last night

I hope it wasn't me, was it? I was third overall, but I checked every player's history after adding them to my draft list. I didn't get my pick, Ketel Marte, but I think Seattle snuck him back onto their 40-man after the eligible players list was posted.

Overall, I'm happy with my haul. Got a good SP, great defensive/platoon catcher, and a nice reliever. I'll probably keep them all.

I sure did! I was looking through the 40 list going, "man there are some good guys in this!" and then going, "wait these guys are in my system already!". The sim before told me I had no one to protect, so I quickly added probably 4 guys to my 40 since I had more than enough empty slots.

I got a lot more dudes than I expected too. Not sure how I'm gonna make that work.

I sure did! I was looking through the 40 list going, "man there are some good guys in this!" and then going, "wait these guys are in my system already!". The sim before told me I had no one to protect, so I quickly added probably 4 guys to my 40 since I had more than enough empty slots.

I got a lot more dudes than I expected too. Not sure how I'm gonna make that work.

Well dang. After having tried to swing a trade with you for him previously, I thought I may have had a chance at getting him for free! :p (I couldn't believe you would purposefully expose him to the Rule 5 though. I thought maybe you were on a timely vacation, lol!)

brentech

update just went up.
I hadn't even noticed that I actually got my one and only player i wanted from Rule 5. Noticed when looking at the Offseason Summary by Team tab.

FA Signings:
Houston - SP Dillion Gee

Rommel

update just went up.
I hadn't even noticed that I actually got my one and only player i wanted from Rule 5. Noticed when looking at the Offseason Summary by Team tab.

FA Signings:
Houston - SP Dillion Gee

Gee was signed just before FA class came out. He was already in the free agency pool and the Astros with their new found money had a hole to burn in their pockets.

Gee was signed just before FA class came out. He was already in the free agency pool and the Astros with their new found money had a hole to burn in their pockets.

Just over a million to get a Very Popular player that raised the fan support from 48 to 50? Sounds like a fair deal to me!

STL/SF blockbuster trade agreement

STL receives:
Madison Bumgarner
Matt Cain
Marcos Santana

SF receives:
Jayson Heyward
Cole Baker

We came very close to doing a Heyward/Bumgarner swap at the deadline but I decided to wait and go with the team I had. It's tough to let Heyward go but Bum is signed at a reasonable deal and I really needed a starting LHP. And having a Wacha + Bumgarner 1-2 punch is no joke. I get Santana to take on Cain's contract who hopefully makes a decent #4/#5 starter.

Rommel

STL receives:
Madison Bumgarner
Matt Cain
Marcos Santana

SF receives:
Jayson Heyward
Cole Baker

We came very close to doing a Heyward/Bumgarner swap at the deadline but I decided to wait and go with the team I had. It's tough to let Heyward go but Bum is signed at a reasonable deal and I really needed a starting LHP. And having a Wacha + Bumgarner 1-2 punch is no joke. I get Santana to take on Cain's contract who hopefully makes a decent #4/#5 starter.

Holy crap. Glad I'm not in the central

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

STL receives:
Madison Bumgarner
Matt Cain
Marcos Santana

SF receives:
Jayson Heyward
Cole Baker

SF confirms.

Rommel

No offers for the most part on top FA's yet. Think everyone is waiting for the price tags to trend downward lol

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Gonna have 2 rookies in my rotation this next season. Would have 3, but one of my guys just went over the 50 IP mark last season so he won't qualify as being a rookie.

Batting lineup should be more interesting at least with Panik/Heyward/Posey/Belt/Upton.

brentech

AL East

Yankees – **OPEN**
Orioles – **OPEN**
Blue Jays – **OPEN**
Red Sox – Sanjuro
Rays – darkside31337

AL Central

Tigers – Got the Shakes
White Sox – **OPEN**
Twins – synchronicity
Royals – **OPEN**
Indians – brentech

AL West

A’s – CosmicQueso
Angels – DUFFMCWALIN
Rangers – ryseing
Mariners – Purple Cheeto
Astros – acheron_xl

NL East

Mets – Dmncnby2k9
Braves – CrimsonCommie
Marlins – ph33nix
Nationals – **OPEN**
Phillies – **OPEN**

NL Central

Cubs – Mrbob
Reds – **OPEN**
Cards – Shalashaska
Brewers – eznark
Pirates – **OPEN**

NL West

Giants – XiaNaphryz
Dodgers – **OPEN**
Rockies – pistolpete2940
Padres – Nightz
D’Backs – Rommel
Update.

Sim is processing and will upload shortly.
3 days.

5EdQqoS.png

This would make more sense if I wasn't St. Louis.

Twins send:

Eddie Rosario (ML)

Diamondbacks send:

Ender Inciarte (ML)
Ryan January (Hillsboro Hops-Northwest League (S A))
Josh Morgan (Reno Aces- Pacific Coast League AAA)
Marcus Wilson (Kane County Cougars- Midwest League A)

Rule 5 selection Tanner Murphy has been returned to the Baltimore Orioles. As it is I still have 3 catchers on my 25 man roster, gonna probably have to shed one more.

Pretty amazed I got a big free agent! $10.5mm a year for a guy who is an elite defensive RFer with 65 power!

brentech

Rule 5 selection Tanner Murphy has been returned to the Baltimore Orioles. As it is I still have 3 catchers on my 25 man roster, gonna probably have to shed one more.

Pretty amazed I got a big free agent! $10.5mm a year for a guy who is an elite defensive RFer with 65 power!
I was going after him as a DH. My scout said he couldn't play D, and he also has no speed.

Rommel

I had him as an elite RF with a .250/.350/.500 upside. But I'm leary of guys with 50 contact, one bad development bump away from a .220 hitter.

I was tempted to throw an offer to Garza, but giving a 30 year old a long-term, $10M contract to compete with Marisnick and Springer didn't seem like a wise plan.

brentech

I offered him 4 years a 6 per. I can see why he preferred Seattle's offer lol

I tried something like that initially and then bumped it up to 9 over 4 years with 10 in the final 5th year.
Because Cleveland lacks a good power hitter I would have been willing to spend it on a DH, but still fell short.

Rommel

Well now that my pen is shored up I'm probably done in FA unless an interesting players price tag drops, but thats 3 months away. On the plus side I now have a LF who can hit on Rosario.

eznark

Banned
I tried something like that initially and then bumped it up to 9 over 4 years with 10 in the final 5th year.
Because Cleveland lacks a good power hitter I would have been willing to spend it on a DH, but still fell short.

I have power hitters available. One even plays RF!

Rommel

Doesn't help him that the big money teams like the Yankees and Dodgers are cpu. So the usual suspects to trade a contract like that aren't around.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If anyone is interested in Desmond Jennings lemme know. Not looking for much, just a decent/good RP or some okay SP depth (need either option to be relatively cheap).

ryseing

Having an issue with my Rule 5 pick. Let me know what I need to do to get him on my roster. I need the pen help.

Trade offer still stands for Andrus/Choo. If you want an All Star and a blue-chip prospect, all it's going to cost you is taking on a shit contract. PM me.

Top Bottom