• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

brentech

Upload going up shortly. This brings us to the Rule 5 draft. If you want a player, you're going to have to mark that down in game (hopefully this will make that shit work right this year).
Go to GOBL tab at the top -> RULE 5 DRAFT POOL - > DRAFT LIST tab.
You can then drag a player over to your team list.

Since this is happening late, we may skip a sim tomorrow so everyone has chance to get that update in.

brentech

Thought I said it in a previous post, but I guess not, though it has been on the upcoming events calendar for a while now though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jesus Montero is showing up in the rule 5 pool even though I just traded for him?

Also are we limited to just 5 guys again or can we stack up as many dudes as we want now that its automated?

brentech

Jesus Montero is showing up in the rule 5 pool even though I just traded for him?

Also are we limited to just 5 guys again or can we stack up as many dudes as we want now that its automated?

Was about to say that. I'll import everyone's changes and then make sure the guys that were just traded aren't on a sheet. All other players have had more than enough time to be placed.

You can put as many as you want, just know that those players will be on your active roster immediately unless returned to original team or injured.

Pretty excited for the Rule 5. Think there is an opportunity to improve a spot or two.

I forgot, do we have to create open spots on our active roster PRIOR to the draft in order for a player to be drafted successfully, or can we juggle the roster to accommodate the rule 5 signing(s) immediately after the draft has concluded?

I know we have to keep them on our active roster throughout the year.

brentech

DeShields is still on my 40 man. I need a spot to accommodate a Rule 5 protection so please remove him.

Thanks.

We had this problem last season and it didn't fix itself until Spring Training started. I'm not going to bork my game trying to delete him 40 times again. Just say who you don't want taken and lets try it deal with it that way.

ryseing

We had this problem last season and it didn't fix itself until Spring Training started. I'm not going to bork my game trying to delete him 40 times again. Just say who you don't want taken and lets try it deal with it that way.

Fair enough. Thanks. Let me check my system and I'll post again before the draft.

Don't want to double post so I have a trade offer for the league in general. I want to move Choo/Andrus. They have fairly ridiculous contracts (I was saddled with them by the game and I have young guys I want to play), so what I'm thinking is this: I'll give you a 76+ prospect and Choo/Andrus for a 30s-40s prospect and a somewhat sizable contract that you're willing to unload (thinking 50-60% of the value of their contracts). You get a blue chipper and a starter (Choo hit .280 with .368 OBP last season) for a chunk of cash and a mid tier prospect. Gallo/Odor/Claudio/Harris/Mazara are off limits, but my system is so deep that there's still quite a few 76+ guys on the table.

PM me and let's get a deal done.

eznark

Banned
Not giving one last day for people to check their Rule 5's really led to an amazing pool! Hopefully it doesn't fuck up this time since I imagine there will be a lot of guys taken.

brentech

Is the R5 similar to as it was done last year?

Will work just like a normal first year draft instead of submitting names.
EVERYONE, if you could make this simple, before adding a guy to your list to draft......check his history and make sure he wasn't traded in the last week or two. Those guys are legit not supposed to be available.

Went and threw some guys on my 40 man who I wanted to keep and made sure to check nobody I want has been traded.

These Marlins are ready for their future trade chips!

Will work just like a normal first year draft instead of submitting names.
EVERYONE, if you could make this simple, before adding a guy to your list to draft......check his history and make sure he wasn't traded in the last week or two. Those guys are legit not supposed to be available.
Is it possible we just delay the sim and make our lists on a correctly updated file?

brentech

Is it possible we just delay the sim and make our lists on a correctly updated file?

Not going to sim today anyways, so while we can try that, I'm not sure if it will work.
Since we're already on the day of the draft, I get a sense that it won't change who is available, but I guess there is a chance.

I will only import changes tonight. We can hope for the best, but plan for it to be a small issue.

brentech

I just imported for the time being. Give me a name of someone that was in the Rule 5 that you have since protected and think he shouldn't be listed anymore.
I don't think it's going to work, and honestly, outside of the players that were just traded in the last sim - any other protections should have been taken care of well before this.

brentech

Hope the rule 5 draft goes as well for me this year as it did last year.

Holy shit, I know it's unlikely, but you're willing to use 13 roster spots on Rule 5 players?
nvm, I didn't bother to look at how many rounds you had filled

Only on the second team and already someone trying to snatch a player that was just traded....smfh. Should lose all your choices for this bullshit.

brentech

Went and threw some guys on my 40 man who I wanted to keep and made sure to check nobody I want has been traded.
Unfortunately it's just too late to actually protect a player. It's the day of the draft, so even when I import your changes, it doesn't matter. They're already in the draft pool.

With that said, it has been the offseason for a week or two of real time. Unless eznark wants to, I really don't think any player that wasn't in the recent trades with Seattle will be getting returned to their team (I tried my best to find them on anyone's list and remove them, but with CPU teams out there, they might still grab them).

brentech

Alright. File is uploading. I checked and players are now correctly locked to active roster unlike last season.
Let me know if any players that absolutely shouldn't have been drafted were.

Top Bottom