• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Missed the playoffs on a play-in game. Brutal.

Can't call the season a failure though. Got some solid innings from multiple rookie starters, and Adames, the gem of the Altuve trade, put up 4.3 WAR in his rookie season.

eznark

Banned
I had him on a rehab assignment and missed a couple sims, must have missed when his assignment was over because in the last sim he was DFA'd.

Sim to the first day of Playoffs is available.
Next sim will be to the first day of the Division round.

I know this sounds like a stupid question and the answer is obvious based on what I'm quoting, but I just want to confirm completely : I will be able to set my rotations before the games begin, right? Because I think I am going to give Adam Conley the game 1 nod instead of Jose, given that they have enough rest. Basically, right now, I have my 4th and 5th pitchers slated to start games 1 and 2 and I do not want this lol. Just wanted to see how much more rest my rotation's top end can get.

Also I am throwing Stanton back into the 3rd slot after missing the entire season. This could be an epic fail of massive proportions.

I hope I can get away with a 4 man rotation in the post-season.

brentech

Simmed to first day of the Division. Set your line ups and get ready!
Cleveland and Washington got through the Wildcard round.

3 Day sims will be used for the rest.

Since we are heading towards the off season I just want to say I'm looking to move players for a starting caliber CFer.

Guys who are totally available include (but are not limited to)

Austin Wilson
Brad Miller
Ketel Marte
Chris Taylor
Mike Zunino
Any reliever on my major league staff not named Carson Smith

I'm looking for someone who is major league or close to major league ready. I might even be willing to move DJ Peterson if the price is right.

brentech

3 Day sim will be up shortly.
Give it about 15 minutes. I actually ran it only to realize I had unchecked the "sim number of days" check box, so it needs to run again.

I'll go take an anxious shower

See what a dumb fuck decision it was to bat Stanton in the 3rd slot after taking the whole year off...

So I apparently didn't export (??? I swear I do every time I make any small change) but no matter, I'm up 2-0...

The guy that Stanton would be replacing hit 2 homers in game 2 and had an RBI in game 1. Yelich had 3 hits (2 doubles) and 2 RBI in game 1. Ozuna had a hit in each game and got a 3 run homer in game 2

Stay on the DL, Stanton!

I'm concerned about my bullpen though, and for some reason the game had the 5th starter about to go for game 3. Nope I need to win this now!

brentech

Game 1: Kluber had a bad game giving up 6 of the 7 runs. Lost in 10 innings. (Starting 2B Tony Wolters injured running the bases. Out for 3 days)
Game 2: Matt Moore pitches 7.1 innings with to ER. Win 6-2

Indians vs White Sox tied 1-1
----------------------------------------------
A's vs Rays tied 1-1
Nationals vs Diamondbacks 2-0
Cubs vs Marlins 0-2

Game 1: Kluber had a bad game giving up 6 of the 7 runs. Lost in 10 innings. (Starting 2B Tony Wolters injured running the bases. Out for 3 days)
Game 2: Matt Moore pitches 7.1 innings with to ER. Win 6-2

Indians vs White Sox tied 1-1
A's vs Rays tied 1-1
Nationals vs Diamondbacks 2-0
Cubs vs Marlins 0-2

Can you see if I made an export today? (probably shortly after you uploaded)
I just want to make sure some adjustments I made will go through. I have a bit of a tired bullpen after a long game so I wanted to prioritize the use of other guys

Would be lovely if Adam Conley pitched a CGS

Holy shit I hope I don't have to play the Nationals and that damn rotation.

Rommel

Yah my export didn't take either.

Hopefully this one will. Although if my guys don't step it up next few games it'll be a moot point.

My export didn't take time before last either. I wonder if there is some issue there. I had made extension offers to 3 of my guys, exported multiple times and when I downloaded all the offers were gone.

My last export did take however. I don't know.

Good luck playoff teams.

brentech

I guess I'll delete all the exports that it stores on my computer, but I don't know if that will have any effect. It's been the same process since day one.
Update: I deleted all team files from my import/export folder. Then imported all teams manually instead of through the automator as normally used. All team files are present, with 6 correctly showing as up to date at the time of this edit: http://gobl.obleague.com/lg/reports/news/html/leagues/export_reader.php

So Bob Melvin has apparently decided to start RJ Alvarez in game 3, a guy who's never before started a game.

Dude's been lights out for a while, a 1 WHIP since June. Just interesting that Jarrod Parker went 19-8, 3.51 for the year with 32 starts and Melvin would rather him come out of the pen.

It's so crazy it just might work.

EDIT: Wow Shelby Miller won the triple crown? Amazing.

brentech

Forgot to sim until now. It's available.
Please let me know if your changes took effect. Not sure what else I can do if they didn't, but I'll have to look into it further.

brentech

Downloading now. I hope I swept Bob's ass!
Pretty sure you, eznark, and I are the only remaining Madden GAF in the league. Bob is out. Last export from him was Aug 30 so his GM was retired. CPU runs it.
I will say that 2 series are complete, and 2 series are moving to a game 5!

Pretty sure you, eznark, and I are the only remaining Madden GAF in the league. Bob is out. Last export from him was Aug 30 so his GM was retired. CPU runs it.
I will say that 2 series are complete, and 2 series are moving to a game 5!

Looks like my export did work this time!

brentech

Today's sim will be up to the first day of championship series.

Through the playoffs I'll continue to import the same way I did last night in fear of problems. Which is use the import tool separately from the full automator.
After the playoffs I'll go back to the one step automator and you can just let me know if it's working. I personally think it was just a fluke though.

Rommel

My offense came alive finally! 10 run 5th for the dagger to the heart.

D'Backs v Marlins... I believe in my boys!

We need to do the 1997 world series again

And have it end the exact same way!

0215260001420020074_filepicker.png

If Brent won that is....

These Championship Series would have Fox TV executives jumping out their office windows. I cannot imagine a group of 4 teams that would generate worse national TV ratings lol.

brentech

3 Day sim is now available.
edit: I realize I haven't posted anything to the GOBL website in some time (since July), and thought some extra content may be nice there. So I made a post about the teams getting into the Championship Series.
In the future, if anyone wants to write anything about their teams big news (maybe a trade or a young player coming up) I'd like to post it with a short blurb. Just PM me or leave it here.
Or maybe no one gives a shit, but I thought maybe some character to the league could help for those that have time to add to it.
http://gobl.obleague.com

3 Day sim is now available.
edit: I realize I haven't posted anything to the GOBL website in some time (since July), and thought some extra content may be nice there. So I made a post about the teams getting into the Championship Series.
In the future, if anyone wants to write anything about their teams big news (maybe a trade or a young player coming up) I'd like to post it with a short blurb. Just PM me or leave it here.
Or maybe no one gives a shit, but I thought maybe some character to the league could help for those that have time to add to it.
http://gobl.obleague.com

I check the website at times. I'd totally be down to write for it.

brentech

I like it :)

Too bad the podcast didn't become a regular thing.
You don't know how many times eznark has said "we need to podcast this weekend" and then I never happened. Though, it's been a while since he said it.

I just couldn't run it myself because my baseball IQ and general knowledge is pretty low.

If I have someone at 37% rest, how much will he recover in 3 days?

I guess that if we do another 3 day sim, it'll go the game on the 27th? Because I just might bring Jose on short rest depending how the rest of the series goes...but I really need Conley and Garza to come through in 3 and 4!

lol WTF Rommel your entire pitching staff is lefties??

Rommel

If I have someone at 37% rest, how much will he recover in 3 days?

I guess that if we do another 3 day sim, it'll go the game on the 27th? Because I just might bring Jose on short rest depending how the rest of the series goes...but I really need Conley and Garza to come through in 3 and 4!

lol WTF Rommel your entire pitching staff is lefties??

It is kind of silly... I have a De La Rosa who is my righty but he is in the pen with the rest of them for the playoffs it seems. When I move some starters in the offseason I'll balance it out.

eznark

Banned
You don't know how many times eznark has said "we need to podcast this weekend" and then I never happened. Though, it's been a while since he said it.

I just couldn't run it myself because my baseball IQ and general knowledge is pretty low.

Twice I think. Three times if you include the one we did.

brentech

I just saw that the preseason predictions for the Indians was exactly right. Except they had me winning the division with 92 wins. That's crazy though. Pretty close on some of the other teams still in the race.

Top Bottom