• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

I got a new scout and damn........my whole organization has been turned upside down

I should have just kept the guy I had but I had to get Seattle's unwanted trash :(

brentech

I got a new scout and damn........my whole organization has been turned upside down

I should have just kept the guy I had but I had to get Seattle's unwanted trash :(
Doesn't mean they are actually bad players. That's where your own judgment needs to come in based on the results those guys get.

Rommel

I had the same issue when I got my new scout. I found it takes a season for them to get a true feel for the players and it levels out. Also it helps to get a scout who favors the same as your previous scout.

We should have a new GM for the Baltimore Orioles.

orioles-dance-celebration.gif

No, I didn't, and it's already processing for the day.
After this sim there is still 1 more day before salary arbitration, but this is always why it's a good idea to PM your finalized trade.

i totally forgot, got caught up at work. my bad, now i know for next time.

Hi guys, I'm the new GM of the Orioles. Saw their record last year and thought it would be easy to improve on that dumpster fire of a season. Pretty experience OOTP player, but haven't played in an online league since 6.5.

Hi guys, I'm the new GM of the Orioles. Saw their record last year and thought it would be easy to improve on that dumpster fire of a season. Pretty experience OOTP player, but haven't played in an online league since 6.5.

Nice to have another owner. Welcome aboard.

Your owner should have a really long leash/extremely modest goals after last season. ;) Hey, at least you get the top pick.

Rommel

Astros send:
2B Charlie Donovan (A)

D-Backs send:
SP Rubby De La Rosa (MLB)

I confirm. Bit of a money saving move and mostly a screw you DLR for hating the wonderful Chip Hale.

Astros making them moves!

Too many guys around age 27. Gotta shit or get off the pot.

If anyone needs a 2B, I'll willing to listen to offers for Franklin (who just put up an almost 3 WAR season!). Have a hotshot prospect who might jump AAA and be my new full time 2B. It worked for Adames!

brentech

2 trades processed this sim.
This sim, I think 3 days, brings us through salary arbitration and onto the day of free agency filing. (Believe that means you can start making offers).

Rule 5 draft is coming up shortly. Get your guys protected on the 40 man or forever hold your peace.

I can't believe nobody want the best defensive SS in the league. I'm not asking for much! Also trying to get rid of Alex Gordon.

How do we see who would be eligible for Rule 5?

Look at your roster overview and there will be a # sign next to everybody that's eligible. There's also a box in your Front Office that should have them listed there too.

Fuck my entire farm system is eligible! Most are trash but there are a few I want to keep.

Hey Brent, say I had a guy like Josh Reddick. You know, scum of the earth type. And I wanted to trade him for... well just about anything.

I know in the game you can do a "shop player" thing, which comes back with some CPU offers.

Would it be something we could do? Say, like, you have 2 shops per year, use them wisely kind of thing?

Because if the CPU offered me a bag of chips for Josh Reddick I'd take it.

brentech

Hey Brent, say I had a guy like Josh Reddick. You know, scum of the earth type. And I wanted to trade him for... well just about anything.

I know in the game you can do a "shop player" thing, which comes back with some CPU offers.

Would it be something we could do? Say, like, you have 2 shops per year, use them wisely kind of thing?

Because if the CPU offered me a bag of chips for Josh Reddick I'd take it.

Believe it or not, I was thinking about this earlier today. I don't care to track people's attempts and I don't even mind people asking me more often than that, but if it gets to a a point where the same person keeps asking, they'll just be black listed and I won't bother.
Some of those shop-a-player result with a long list of players, and I'm probably won't spend the time to type each name or do more than one screenshot of the results. That's the problems I see with it.

Normally it only takes me a couple minutes to start the simulation (handling trades or anything else that isn't automated). So if it gets to a point where it's taking me 20+ minutes just to get to the sim, I'm less likely to bother.

As a feeler, I shopped Reddick and only one result returns: LA Dodgers 3B Hector Olivera
Like Player to CPU trades, other league members will need to chime in if they have an issue with a trade or it will go through on the next sim if accepted. You would still need to send me a PM to make sure the trade goes through, with all the normal trade details.

brentech

Could you check Alex Gordon for me if you get a chance?

Huh, even though when I initiate a trade or shop a player like we're trying, I have to 'act as Atlanta Braves' or whatever team is involved......but it says "You may not shop any more players today" as if all teams together met the 3 player limit.

Not sure if I can change that, might have to cancel this idea if it can't be opened up.

brentech

Again, make sure you protect any players you don't want stolen in the Rule 5 draft. Final day to do so.
Today's sim will take us to the day of the draft, and you'll be able to make your draft list from there.

Hopefully I can get a useful piece from the rule 5. My team is lacking big league talent, so I can afford to use a roster spot on a lottery ticket type.

Also, wish I would have joined before arbitration offers were submitted. Would have given me $5 mil to work with before I trade off some payroll. I've got no money for FAs this offseason, but should be a big player next offseason when Adam Jones is off the books.

brentech

Hopefully I can get a useful piece from the rule 5. My team is lacking big league talent, so I can afford to use a roster spot on a lottery ticket type.

Also, wish I would have joined before arbitration offers were submitted. Would have given me $5 mil to work with before I trade off some payroll. I've got no money for FAs this offseason, but should be a big player next offseason when Adam Jones is off the books.
If there is some guys that were kept on the team because of the arbitration salary that you would have withdrawn offer to, let me know and I will free them from your team. It will happen in tomorrows sim along with the rule 5 draft as I am simming for the day right now.

----------
Hall of Fame voting is open
Rule 5 Draft, make your Draft list if you decide you want a player: Top bar GOBL -> Rule 5 Draft Pool -> Draft List -> Drag any players you want to the right
Make sure you export your team file and remember any drafted player has to stay on your Active roster or they are offered back to the original team.

If there is some guys that were kept on the team because of the arbitration salary that you would have withdrawn offer to, let me know and I will free them from your team. It will happen in tomorrows sim along with the rule 5 draft as I am simming for the day right now.

----------
Hall of Fame voting is open
Rule 5 Draft, make your Draft list if you decide you want a player: Top bar GOBL -> Rule 5 Draft Pool -> Draft List -> Drag any players you want to the right
Make sure you export your team file and remember any drafted player has to stay on your Active roster or they are offered back to the original team.

Awesome, thanks! RF Chris Parmelee and 2B Ryan Flaherty would have both been let go.

Apparently someone named HOBY MILNER threw a no no against the Phillies in 2017.

Hoby_Milner_Reading_Fightin_Phils_smexk5y5_0un2djdx.jpg

Pitches for Reading now. So he is currently in the Phillies system. He must have been dumped out at some point but then HAD HIS REVENGE. Good stuff.

1.3 WHIP, 289 K, 419 MILB innings. CRAFTY LEFTHANDER

Also...

th

Top Bottom