• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Pokemon Tournament #2

RagnarokX

Pool 2
DarthWufei....................win
EBCubs03......................loss
EphemeralDream
Jiggy37
jjgames

LRS...............................win
NeoForte

WolfofMebu said:
GG temjin, a lot of misses on my part, not that it would have mattered, lol

At least I have my losing streak still!:D

We already battled temjin, but I'll play you again if you want:lol

RagnarokX

Well Jiggy kicked my ass, gg :)

DarthWufei....................win
EBCubs03......................loss
EphemeralDream
Jiggy37..........................loss
jjgames
LRS...............................win
NeoForte

NeoForte PMed me in the middle of last week. He sounded like he thought it was normal paired tournament style and I PMed him back informing him he had to fight all of pool 2. Haven't heard back from him.

Firestorm

Pool Results:

4zjhxev.jpg

Firestorm

RagnarokX said:
That chart is... confusing... and why didn't you count my win against DarthWufei?

Agh I must have missed it. Anyway, I made brackets. How I did it was 6 people moved on from Pool 1, 4 from Pool 2, and 6 from Pool 3. 4 from Pool 2 since 2 people never battled at all. I basically just estimated who would win a bit. Most of the non-battles were with people who were new and didn't play much. Bracket in next post.

Firestorm

Round 1 Winner's Bracket
Deadline: Wednesday September 19th, 2007

Division 1
temjin
Crazymoogle

Firestorm
jsrv

yeb
Kreed

NeoForte
LRS

Division 2
EBCubs03
TJ Spyke

Giard
RagnarokX

Xisiqolemir
JCX9

Jiggy37
WolfofMebu

temjin

Banned
Ah awesome, Firestorm. Thanks for all of the effort :)

By the way, how did you come up with those matchups? Random? Or computer generated?

Regardless, the win/loss chart looks cool, too bad there were a lot of inactive people.

Firestorm

temjin said:
Ah awesome, Firestorm. Thanks for all of the effort :)

By the way, how did you come up with those matchups? Random? Or computer generated?

Regardless, the win/loss chart looks cool, too bad there were a lot of inactive people.

Seeded from pools. #1 vs #16 etc. Two adjustments made so first round didn't have people in the same pools against each other.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Sorry to waste your time firestorm and everyone else but i kinda sold the game :(

Really didn't mean to start/not finish and disrupt the tourny. It was lame of me but just letting you guys know.

sry ):

Firestorm

FootNinja said:
Sorry to waste your time firestorm and everyone else but i kinda sold the game :(

Really didn't mean to start/not finish and disrupt the tourny. It was lame of me but just letting you guys know.

sry ):

Ack. I'll just replace you with NeoForte who I couldn't decide between him and LRS for yesterday.

Remind me to not do pool play if Smash is online and I make a tournament. Stuff gets so complicated on an online multiday setup.

Jiggy

I'll be right there. :D

Edit:
Firestorm said:
Remind me to not do pool play if Smash is online and I make a tournament. Stuff gets so complicated on an online multiday setup.
I don't know, it might actually work out for Smash. Matches only take like eight minutes or less, and that's assuming five lives and fairly even skill for both players. I think it would go a lot quicker.

Jiggy

A truly awesome battle, I admit. Stalling FTW--I always know a match is great when my only option left is to waste the PP of every move. >_>

yeb

Firestorm, you missed my matches against TJ Spyke and jsrv. Except for CrazyMoogle, I finished all my battles with over a week to go, and then nearly forgot about the tourney. >_>

Anyway, I sent a PM to Kreed, hopefully we can get our match in.

Top Bottom