• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

JeanJule

Banned
My girlfriend and I got a kitten from my sister yesterday! We think she is a girl, so we named her Eve. If she turns out to be a he, we'll name him Esteban.
3913161680_7af3df8173.jpg

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
JeanJule said:
My girlfriend and I got a kitten from my sister yesterday! We think she is a girl, so we named her Eve. If she turns out to be a he, we'll name him Esteban.

AWWWWW

remember:

2 holes -- guy
1 hole -- gal

JeanJule said:
Just name it Pat and be done with it.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
A few pickups this month:

2009-09-09115304-1.jpg

And a new 360 headset (this is also the best one I have used by far! I used to have one years and years ago when they first came out :D)

2009-09-12120055.jpg

2009-09-12120128.jpg

If I knew original Xbox headsets worked with the 360 I would have been using them instead all these years!

memecomplex said:
Ajay I was disappointed with Spider-man Noir... is X-men Noir any better?

From all Noir series, X-men is the only worth. Actually it is really good, an interesting take on the X-men. I liked it very much.

Ovid

Allan Holdsworth said:
Two of my favorite games of all time. The amusement park level in "Legend" is awesome.
Gradius, High or Low, Horse Racing, Lottery...I fucking love that game.

Bii

Katana_Strikes said:

Awesome, I have the same Ikea chair.

Some quick pictures of what I received for my birthday earlier in the week.

3913790996_e514b019d9_o.jpg

Mac OSX Snow Leopard.
$25 Best Buy Gift Card.
From my coworkers. Snow Leopard's an upgrade for my Macbook and the gift card will probably be used towards Heroes: Season 3.

3905332129_97e087edce_o.jpg

The Office: Season 5. Blu-Ray.
Got through the first disc and just started on the second. The menus are a step up from the DVD version but only if the menu sound is disabled (becomes annoying after a few button presses). As for picture quality, I think I would've been satisfied with the DVD version since it's not a huge step up, in my opinion. I'm going to try and get through this before season six starts.
When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions. Blu-Ray.
Nature's Most Amazing Events. Blu-Ray.
Wild Pacific. Blu-Ray. Not pictured.
Watched through all of it and wow, it's amazing. I'm glad this series doesn't focus just on wild life but also on reef/animal conservation, the people living there and how sea life is affected by the many things that alters it. Once I get a new HDTV, I'm definitely watching this one again.

3905332213_2fb1bcbb70_o.jpg

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. Haruki Murakami.
Some new reading material. I've read two books from Murakami (What I Talk About When I Talk About Running and Kafka on the Shore) and have enjoyed both of them.
play. September 2009. Muramasa cover story.
Play is the only video game magazine that I'm currently subscribed to. It'll run out this year and I won't be renewing it. It's not that I don't like the mag but it's just that I flip through it too quickly to justify the price I payed for it. I suppose if I really want to read it, I'll just take a quick trip to Borders/B&N and read it there.

Glad I went to work today (took a 4 hour shift for someone who wasn't going to make it).... anyway some guy comes in and asks if we buy movies and I told him to bring them in. He comes in with a bag full of Blu-Rays and HD-DVDs...

IMGP0944.jpg

Everything there (except for Meet the Parents, which I bought new from Amazonf or under $4) cost me a grand total of.... wait for it. $55. To make things even better I already have a buyer for the movies in the 2nd row which I already owned, so I will be making all my money back plus some before the end of the day. Yay me!

ravien56

Yes Boss! said:
Hmm, I thought she looked a bit old myself...maybe because of the breast size. Anyways, I'm an ankle/wrist/neck guy so the big boobs are completely lost on me...I look more at the big bow instead. I did take her skirt off to see what was underneath and there was a little pasty thing covering her goods.

Different systems. I don't have any doubles.
Ahh ok, that makes a lot more sense. How much is the total value of the sticks combined?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
JeanJule said:

So cute!!!!!!

bigkrev

upload.JPG

I love the used record store near school, because the most they charge for used games is 30 bucks. Had to choose between Killzone and inFamous, and inFamous was gone when i went back yesterday...

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Nothing obscure this weekend, and still no hardware, but great stuff nonetheless... or at least I hope so.

dscn0560.jpg

I got Muramasa because it was the right thing to do. I got Play magazine because of all the Muramasa shit in this issue, and particularly because there's a thing on the 360's shmup library... which... well, I love shmups. I bought that at Borders while I was there with my mom, and she gave me a look after seeing the cover and... yeah, I couldn't really explain myself. Lastly, Raiden IV... some dumbfuck in the Raiden thread was going on about how I was "bitching" about the price and was therefore the problem with US gamers or something, and you know what? I still think $40 is really too much to charge for a domestic shmup release, but whatever. I was shocked I could even find it sealed at Gamestop. The befuddled dude at the register glanced at the back of the case and was like "ooohhhh.... that Raiden," and I was like "yep... that Raiden."

Gintoki

Just upgraded from a phat DS to a DSi. For my handhelds, I always pick either silver or black. So I've decided to get something different for a change.

DSC06272.jpg

Some stuff from the store.

DSC06276.jpg

LiK

djdac said:
Got the DS game rack from Club Nintendo.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2437/3913560461_b9af9a4a14_o.jpg

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3479/3913571103_3051b75202.jpg[/QUOTE]

i'm still waiting for my Mario Hat from the Platinum offer. anyone else still waiting?

LiK

Chacranajxy said:
Nothing obscure this weekend, and still no hardware, but great stuff nonetheless... or at least I hope so.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/JXYTheGreat/CAGBlog/dscn0560.jpg

I got Muramasa because it was the right thing to do. I got Play magazine because of all the Muramasa shit in this issue[/QUOTE]

WHOA, that issue of PLAY has that lovely Muramasa art. guess i'll need to pick it up.

Yes Boss!

ravien56 said:
Ahh ok, that makes a lot more sense. How much is the total value of the sticks combined?

I dunno, maybe 4K...something like that is what I've spent. Probably worth about 2-3K. I've had fun collecting them for the last two years and that is really all that matters. Getting another ten sticks through the end of the year. FUN! I love 'em.

nyprimus2

Paulathon said:
... So nobody else is going to say it?

It may as well be me then: good job receiving stolen goods. If you have some other explanation then fine, but there's nothing in your post to indicate that.

I also don't get why you're the one making the profit off this stuff when your post implies you're just an employee.
That's one reason of about 100 others that could explain why the person was selling the movies.

ili0926 said:
Is your bed the Malm from IKEA?
I think I have the same one - I really dig the simplicity of it.

Yeah, it's pretty much all from IKEA actually. I think most of it is under Malm as well. Really love how it turned out. I think my parents did too, they got a PS3 slim for their efforts!:D

Bluforce

memecomplex said:
Very sweet! Post more pics and impressions! You know you want to! :)
Click here. You can find 14 Hi-Res photos.

Impressions?
I think is a really good car, specially for European cities. It is my first car with an automatic transmission, it's not bad at all, and the paddle behind the steering wheel allow me to use the transmission it like a fully manual car.

Alright GAF, here come a bunch of pics of my dorm room that nobody probably cares about, but too bad, I'm sharing anyway.

My kitchen:
Dormkitchen.jpg

My small bathroom (where the door wont even open all the way because the counter is too close):
DormBathroom.jpg

My dorm room (corner room so double windows, but this awesomeness is offset by the huge concrete pillar supporting the building. Also, top floor of the building so the ceilings are like 13 feet high, so I get lots of light) plus a pic of my mediocre dorm room gaming setup(PC/PS3/360, logitech x540's(they were like 60 bucks, I know they sound bad but they get the job done), Sharp Aquos 32" 720P, and Acer 22" monitor(1680x1050):
Dormroom1.jpg

Dormroom2.jpg

Thegamingsetup.jpg

Pathetic attempt to pick up Metal-GAF's recommendations on music, all I could find was Symphony X's "Paradise Lost"(in two cities and 12 different music stores/used cd places). Think I'll have to order that stuff online instead. Also, Opeth's "Watershed", "Deliverance", and "The Candlelight Years" (compilation of the first three albums I think):
Music.jpg

My textbooks/coursekit/book that is a compilation of articles/excerpts from publications by a bunch of scientists with commentary by Richard Dawkins(texts include organic chem, inorganic chem, history of mathematics and a first year astronomy text for easy marks):
Textbooks.jpg

Sonic and Knuckles XBLA:
SKXBLA.jpg

Batman Arkham Asylum (thank you Walmart Canada for the $40 firesale[43% off new launch price]) and Edge Magazine from june-october, courtesy of my brother :
BatmanEdge.jpg

jaydogg691

Got these when Best Buy was having their buy one get one half-off deal. Also bought Fight Night Round 4, but gave it to my friend.

DSC00213.jpg

Wow, just noticed how bad the box arts for these games are.

-PXG-

red shoe paul said:
Damn, that looks so sick!

Launch event was amazing. 5th Cell dudes are awesome, and the other GAFfers were a cool bunch to hang out with.

We need to have an NJ/NYC meet-up sometime, just to chill and play games or something.

Some shirts for work from H&M and an adapter set for my macbook pro since I'm headed off to Europe for a bit. Gotta hit up Oktoberfest!

2009septpickup05.jpg

A pretty sweet jacket and Gundam Senki (which is really fun).

2009septpickup06.jpg

And I made some tuna steaks for dinner tonight. :D

2009septpickup07.jpg

Pickup from about 20+ years ago :) Just found my stash of comics and cards in my parents garage earlier today. Forgot Double Dragon had a comic book through Marvel. Also found my Mortal Kombat comic book. If any of you remember it was from the advertisement that used to pop up during the demo screen on the MK arcade. Here are two pics of my findings. Will post all the video game stuff later.
2d0x64m.jpg

2rpp3lj.jpg

Top Bottom