• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Kai Ozu said:
2vj1we9.jpg

Fantastic stuff. I own 5 gundam figures myself

odhiex

Sorry for the crappy phone cam, but just got the slim today :D

20624aaf515d0eb94.jpg

Dammit AU$496 with one bonus game..well at least I'm still happy :D

11vmb8g.jpg

Instruments (new): 44€
Game (new): 36€

Cheap enough for me to check out the music game genre :lol

Now I only have to get my hands on the prequel for one day to export its songs to RB2 (for a total of 171 songs w/o buying any DLC songs)

Gagaman

Yes Boss! said:
New stick for my Saturn...this one feels identical to the Agetec Dreamcast stick. Still looking for the large official Astro City two-player for the system...if you have it and want to sell then please PM me.

P1020323.jpg
Do you ever go a week/month without a new arcade stick/some other large expensive gaming thing? Just curious (and jealous).

Yes Boss!

Gagaman said:
Do you ever go a week/month without a new arcade stick/some other large expensive gaming thing? Just curious (and jealous).

Yeah, I do go months with only buying the few normal 5-6 games but I'm moving in January and not going to be able to purchase much for the next number of years so I'm "catching up" for the forthcoming years on some classic stuff I never owned. Don't worry, I likely earn much, much less than you or most folks on this forum...just debt-free and no expenses so I'm having a bit of fun.

Zaptruder

Banned
Yes Boss! said:
Yeah, I do go months with only buying the few normal 5-6 games but I'm moving in January and not going to be able to purchase much for the next number of years so I'm "catching up" for the forthcoming years on some classic stuff I never owned. Don't worry, I likely earn much, much less than you or most folks on this forum...just debt-free and no expenses so I'm having a bit of fun.

You are a curious individual you know.

That said, arcade sticks are as valid as any other collectors item... well not really. It's unlikely those sticks will go up in value much if at all. But a real collector doesn't give a damn about that kind of stuff. They collect for the love of it!

MPW said:
yorku lol :D

Oh believe me, I know. Even worse is that I'm taking applied math...the program is a complete joke at this school. But hey, it leaves me with more time for other stuff.

Edit: Smash88, are you currently at York? If so, send me a PM, we'll chill, play some games and shit.

Gagaman

Yes Boss! said:
Fair enough man. Don't blame you for stocking up on the things you love while you have the chance. :)

Yes Boss!

Best pick-up ever in this very hedonistic month. This was a gift from incredibly kind GAFer memecomplex! Totally unexpected and his generosity is so elegant. Always wanted a shooting watch and the towel will be hung in my arcade room to remind me that button pushing is king. Enjoying the CD as well!

P1020336.jpg

Yes Boss!

Blablurn said:
yeah, i did it.

good bye my old 60GB PS3 :( had a good time with you.

Yay! I too sold my 60GB two months back. I'll just use my PS2 for playing older games. Also, donated my Metal Gear Solid PS3 to my brother...now just riding one PS3 Slim-style and life feels much simpler.

Blablurn

Yes Boss! said:
Yay! I too sold my 60GB two months back. I'll just use my PS2 for playing older games. Also, donated my Metal Gear Solid PS3 to my brother...now just riding one PS3 Slim-style and life feels much simpler.

i agree *high five*

although i had some problem with swapping the hdd's x) anyway. it works now. and the machine is beautiful.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Shooting Watch is the best... we had a kick out of that thing at work. Someone scored in the thousands via cheating using a drill+sponge lol. Shit was crazy.

Yes Boss!

Blablurn said:
i agree *high five*

although i had some problem with swapping the hdd's x) anyway. it works now. and the machine is beautiful.

Shit, I just redownloaded every thing. Took ten hours. :lol I kept my white dualshock 3 as well...so sexy. Still gotta buy one of the new colors.

MarkMan,

Shooting Watch rocks. Its funny the way it has a loop so you can put it on your trousers or something. Love the Hudson Bee...brings back a flood of fond memories. And I just locked up two Cabinet purchases for tomorrow. Gonna drive to the Bay area to pick them up in one long twenty-hour trip. A pristine Egret 3 and something called a Neo 26 that needs a little external work but is perfect electronically.

memecomplex is crowned KING this month!

Finally picked up a PSP 3000 with an 8 gig memory card ($24), R:R, CC:FF7, and Phantasy Star Portable.

fall09015.jpg

Grabbed Silent Hill, Untold Legends: Warrior's Code, and SOCOM FTB 2 off PSN:

fall09017.jpg

Finally, I picked up a Lazyboy for football sundays :D

fall09018.jpg

6816_138493871645_685251645_3084116_5751327_n.jpg

Took the pic with my DSi, surprisingly it looks better than my digital cameras pics.

I didn't pick up Scribblenauts though, I have to really make up my mind on that game. (Plus I didn't have my other Best Buy coupon with me and I don't think you can combine them either...)

Biff

First entry in a pick up thread!

DSC_0048.jpg

NFS: Shift
Uncharted MP Demo Voucher (currently downloading)
Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol

beje

Banned
Samsung M227WD (22", Full HD, 16:9, HDMI/DVI/Component/Scart, 5ms, not a single bad pixel...)

This is the pic of how my room looks right now that I'm finally able to bring consoles here and hook them up to the same screen I use for the computer

2myuopl.jpg

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
that wallpaper :lol

(and i know we're sposed to be nice in this thread, but you actually put the windows start menu on the side? come on!)

beje

Banned
bistromathics said:
that wallpaper :lol

(and i know we're sposed to be nice in this thread, but you actually put the windows start menu on the side? come on!)

It works really good on Windows 7 as there's no text on taskbar buttons, only a big icon

Not to mention that I have 1920 horizontal pixels to fill

spidye

ChefRamsay said:
First entry in a pick up thread!

DSC_0048.jpg

NFS: Shift
Uncharted MP Demo Voucher (currently downloading)
Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol
how is nfs shift on the ps3? did you notice framedrops or is the game buggy?

Metroid Prime Trilogy NTSC US (but I'll let it collophaned because I also ordered the PAL version)
80797_cimg0005j_122_391lo.jpg

Puzzle Quest, it was a Xbox Live Deal of the week (seems that microsoft finally got it that we don't give a shit about game addons of 3 years old games)
80798_cimg0008d_122_218lo.jpg

Super Mario Bros. (back to the roots! :D )
80800_cimg0009b_122_253lo.jpg

World of Goo (it's called one of the best wiiware titles so I had to buy it)
80803_cimg0010b_122_516lo.jpg

spidye

Mobius1B7R said:
Works great for me. No framedrops that I have noticed and no bugs. Really fun.
great. thanks. I need a good racer but I have the money for either shift or dirt 2. I guess I'll buy shift since I always was a nfs fan

Yes Boss! said:
Best pick-up ever in this very hedonistic month. This was a gift from incredibly kind GAFer memecomplex! Totally unexpected and his generosity is so elegant. Always wanted a shooting watch and the towel will be hung in my arcade room to remind me that button pushing is king. Enjoying the CD as well!

P1020336.jpg

WTF, I've wanted one of those SO badly for years now.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yes Boss! said:
Shooting Watch rocks. Its funny the way it has a loop so you can put it on your trousers or something. Love the Hudson Bee...brings back a flood of fond memories. And I just locked up two Cabinet purchases for tomorrow. Gonna drive to the Bay area to pick them up in one long twenty-hour trip. A pristine Egret 3 and something called a Neo 26 that needs a little external work but is perfect electronically.

Whoa! A NEO 26! Nice... I was studying the Neo cabs a lot lately... Super Neo 29s, Neo 26s etc. ;)

Egret 3 is a great addition. I'm still torn between Vewlix L or Vewlix F. I think I might just get a Riverservice cab instead. At least that one is easier to work with.

ngower

9925_137418131306_519656306_2992775_5797977_n.jpg

My first pair of glasses!

Also snagged some of the Beatles re-masters the other day but far too lazy to take a pic, and it doesn't help that my lens is acting silly...grrrr

Top Bottom