• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPT. 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

MarkMan said:
purple shirts are the best

*dap*
andysamberg.jpg

I dig your style. On another note, I was totally appalled at the $48 striped hoodie I wanted at the GAP today. I make money, but fuck if I'm spending it on a fucking $48 striped hoodie at the GAP.

PIMPBYBLUD said:
Pickup from about 20+ years ago :) Just found my stash of comics and cards in my parents garage earlier today. Forgot Double Dragon had a comic book through Marvel. Also found my Mortal Kombat comic book. If any of you remember it was from the advertisement that used to pop up during the demo screen on the MK arcade. Here are two pics of my findings. Will post all the video game stuff later.
2d0x64m.jpg

2rpp3lj.jpg
I always wanted those Mortal Kombat comics..also that Goro cutscene always scared me when I was young :lol

Nose Master

Man, that art on the Play magazine is probably going to do more bad than good. Makes the game look like some sort of tentarape sim. Yeah, they can open the magazine and see it's not, but, people will just glance and be off-put.

botkiller

Steam pickups this week. Killing Floor I actually Pre-purchased, but never really got around to playing it until now. So awesome that all of this was only $45.

20090914-xm2u6rd45ksmn3y1mfifjgasem.jpg

These came in today :D

Kratos Figures (Regular & Ares Armour
GOW037.jpg

Official Playstation Magazine (UK)
DSC05945.jpg

Nokia 6300 (Not the most sofisticated but I find it really useful
DSC05946.jpg

DSC05961-1.jpg

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
First time posting in a pick-up thread, but my Femme Fatale TE came and I just couldn't resist. Gonna go actually open the damn thing now!

2upvk7a.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Incoming shitty cell phone pics...

7131_130769658882_507353882_2523652_8060860_n.jpg

Pink DSi for my daughter's birthday! She's turning 8 tomorrow! O_O!

7131_130780628882_507353882_2523753_5177320_n.jpg

Best Buy TEKKEN 6 preorder bonus... Includes a Paul Phoenix tattoo sleeve and a limited edition T6 lithograph.

LiK

neojubei said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/rashonmon/pickups/DSC05865.jpg

Iron man for 14 bucks.[/QUOTE]

oh gawd, not even worth it at that price. i played the demo and the controls are complete shit. have fun...

Yes Boss!

New stick for my Saturn...this one feels identical to the Agetec Dreamcast stick. Still looking for the large official Astro City two-player for the system...if you have it and want to sell then please PM me.

P1020323.jpg

Generally don't post in the pickup threads unless I get something totally awesome. So here we go.

3920768443_37e47635d9_b.jpg

Complete Don Hertzfeldt collection including the preordered I Am So Proud Of You DVD along with an authentic piece of film strip cut from his collection (its cut from I Am So Proud Of You). I also grabbed the 'Rocket' print from Everything Will Be OK.

I'm so excited to go through all of these in DVD quality and not tiny resolution flash videos.

HUELEN10

Wormdundee said:
Generally don't post in the pickup threads unless I get something totally awesome. So here we go.

3920768443_37e47635d9_b.jpg

Complete Don Hertzfeldt collection including the preordered I Am So Proud Of You DVD along with an authentic piece of film strip cut from his collection (its cut from I Am So Proud Of You). I also grabbed the 'Rocket' print from Everything Will Be OK.

I'm so excited to go through all of these in DVD quality and not tiny resolution flash videos.
6tfwpv.png

REJECTED KICKS ASS!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Yes Boss! said:
New stick for my Saturn...this one feels identical to the Agetec Dreamcast stick. Still looking for the large official Astro City two-player for the system...if you have it and want to sell then please PM me.

P1020323.jpg

I've never had a single joystick and don't particularly care for them, but for some reason I really like this one. Maybe it's just the picture though. I kinda like the regular Neo-Geo stick too. Nice find at any rate.

Yes Boss!

Kilrogg said:
I've never had a single joystick and don't particularly care for them, but for some reason I really like this one. Maybe it's just the picture though. I kinda like the regular Neo-Geo stick too. Nice find at any rate.

It is the garish colors and old design that I like. They did a good job of getting the Astro City feel down. And they can be had for pretty cheap new (around $50-75). Original Neo Geo stick is my favorite as well...I don't think I'll ever like anything more.

Wormdundee,

Cool pick-up. He was a recent grad at my college back in the late nineties and would show up quite a bit. Nice guy.

b.e.r.g

Wormdundee said:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3496/3920768443_37e47635d9_b.jpg

I'm so excited to go through all of these in DVD quality and not tiny resolution flash videos.[/QUOTE]
Brilliant :D

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
botkiller said:
Steam pickups this week. Killing Floor I actually Pre-purchased, but never really got around to playing it until now. So awesome that all of this was only $45.

20090914-xm2u6rd45ksmn3y1mfifjgasem.jpg
This post is just brimming with win.

WEGGLES

red shoe paul said:
Excellent pick up. Looking to pick one up as well, where did you get yours?
Canadacomputers.com

Had a hell of a time finding it being sold IN Canada.

'Cause something that expensive I'd get interest charged on it.

But then I found Canadacomputers. It's awesome. In total it cost ~$450 Canadian, Tax, and shipping and everything. And I ordered it Thursday, and it came today (monday). Awesome. :)

JEKKI

I have found the solution to my late nite hunger...

sz8ohz.jpg

I shall no longer go to bed with an empty stomach ever again. hopefully.

n48aid.jpg

freakin FINALLY my muramasa comes in... I been wanting to play it all weekend and now it's monday I have no time during the week to play games. -_- tease...

and also fukk KOF12. the netcode is UNFORGIVABLE!

MPW

Pyke Presco said:
Alright GAF, here come a bunch of pics of my dorm room that nobody probably cares about, but too bad, I'm sharing anyway.

My kitchen:
Dormkitchen.jpg

My small bathroom (where the door wont even open all the way because the counter is too close):
DormBathroom.jpg

My dorm room (corner room so double windows, but this awesomeness is offset by the huge concrete pillar supporting the building. Also, top floor of the building so the ceilings are like 13 feet high, so I get lots of light) plus a pic of my mediocre dorm room gaming setup(PC/PS3/360, logitech x540's(they were like 60 bucks, I know they sound bad but they get the job done), Sharp Aquos 32" 720P, and Acer 22" monitor(1680x1050):
Dormroom1.jpg

Dormroom2.jpg

Thegamingsetup.jpg

Pathetic attempt to pick up Metal-GAF's recommendations on music, all I could find was Symphony X's "Paradise Lost"(in two cities and 12 different music stores/used cd places). Think I'll have to order that stuff online instead. Also, Opeth's "Watershed", "Deliverance", and "The Candlelight Years" (compilation of the first three albums I think):
Music.jpg

My textbooks/coursekit/book that is a compilation of articles/excerpts from publications by a bunch of scientists with commentary by Richard Dawkins(texts include organic chem, inorganic chem, history of mathematics and a first year astronomy text for easy marks):
Textbooks.jpg

Sonic and Knuckles XBLA:
SKXBLA.jpg

Batman Arkham Asylum (thank you Walmart Canada for the $40 firesale[43% off new launch price]) and Edge Magazine from june-october, courtesy of my brother :
BatmanEdge.jpg

yorku lol :D

Few pick-ups from over the weekend:

Apple in-ear earbuds. Necessary evil (not too keen on the sound, but it has a mic that works for the phone):
IMG_1162-1.jpg

Some clothes (underwear from American Apparel & shirt from j.crew)
IMG_1165-1.jpg

Some CDs:
IMG_1166-1.jpg

Balboa

The ULTIMATE Bourne Collection with a squashed box eBay style, also Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box.

t53gnt.jpg

Yes Boss!

MarkMan said:
Incoming shitty cell phone pics...

7131_130769658882_507353882_2523652_8060860_n.jpg

Pink DSi for my daughter's birthday! She's turning 8 tomorrow! O_O!

Pics, please, of the system unboxed and of high-quality, once your daughter gives you permission! I've not yet gotten an american system but the pink is the one I'm thinking of going for.

Hyphen

Balboa said:
The ULTIMATE Bourne Collection with a squashed box eBay style, also Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box.

t53gnt.jpg

What da hell!? I'd be really upset if a boxset arrived for me in that condition. Where'd you order it from?

Balboa

Hyphen said:
What da hell!? I'd be really upset if a boxset arrived for me in that condition. Where'd you order it from?
It's from ebay new and sealed, looked perfect in the photo but the packaging wasn't exactly great so it's been crushed in the mail.

I'd be more pissed if I wasn't going to make all my money back by selling the other stuff that was bundled with it in the auction, so the bourne set was pretty much free anyway.

Top Bottom