• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjc

get-attachment-6.jpg

Rimshot

Denon AVR-1906

Was way bigger then I expected, so I couldn't fit it in the shelf I use as a tv stand, so it's temporary set up until I figure something good out hehe. Love the receiver though, great sound.

Sorry for the picture quality.

receiver.JPG

waxer

Cheap new shelf.
New PC
New 40" tv
Stalker and company of heros. More coming soon no doubt as I havnt been into pc gaming for a long long time.
2mezk7l.jpg

dzw75e.jpg

kuYuri

Canti said:
From the past 2 weeks:

w9fo05.jpg

mcetqf.jpg

- Welcome to the NHK vol. 6 + 7
- Dragonball Z season 2 and 3
- Kodak Easyshare 9.2mp digital camera (old camera broke, cheap replacement)
- Geforce 9600GT (not a big pc gamer so it's good enough for me)
- Super Stardust HD

Even with a new camera I am the worst photographer on the planet >:

I had this camera problem as well. Guess I'll take the advice people are giving you. :lol

Nakazato

waxer said:
Cheap new shelf.
New PC
New 40" tv
Stalker and company of heros. More coming soon no doubt as I havnt been into pc gaming for a long long time.
2mezk7l.jpg

dzw75e.jpg
hey where did you get the shelf from ??

sikkinixx

-PXG- said:
I just put in an order for a new TV :)

Samsung T220HD

I can't wait to get it :D

I'd love to know how you like it when you get it. I have been in the market for a new monitor/tv to replace my 19" LCDTV for a while now.

poweld

sikkinixx said:
I'd love to know how you like it when you get it. I have been in the market for a new monitor/tv to replace my 19" LCDTV for a while now.

I just picked up my 245T and I'm loving the thing (also upgraded from a 19"). Will post pics when I get my new camera on the 20th.

dreamer3kx said:
100_1440.jpg

Vizio 26" Class LCD HDTV (VW26L)

I had that Vizio and it was having sync issues with the ps3 xmb. When I would move to the left or right in xmb the clicking noise wasn't in sync, hated that shit, but everything else was fine.

I got one of them, only it's a 22".

How do you like how the Wii looks on it?

-PXG-

Edag Plata said:
I got one of them, only it's a 22".

How do you like how the Wii looks on it?

I only messed around on the menus. I played, mostly, Gears and Castle Crashers, and some GTA IV (PS3). So far, I love it. I was thinking that I could have gotten the 32". I can easily afford it. Its just a matter of whether it will fit where I want to put it, or not. Hmmm.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Ecto311 said:
I was on the edge of my seat just wondering when you would get something to post here...

Stock images is a ban but this kind of fluff isn't?

Seriously.

I, as much as anyone else, greatly anticipate your latest absurd spending decision but do we seriously need teasers and hints before the actual post?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I find it funny that many posters say what they are going to post later but yet I'm the only one being singled out. Put me on ignore if you don't like it because that's exactly what I'm going to vice versa. Certain people just love complaining. I don't really like putting people on ignore but I'm tired of all this bs. And done!!!

Tendo

Treated myself after destroying my Praxis II exam :)
Haven't played any RPG's in awhile and snagged these on the cheap
2akem4l.jpg

This is the first blu-ray I have ever bought. Some may hate it, but I love KoH
5w9ua8.jpg

Spore was a must, and I saw the Painkiller pack for 20 bucks and couldn't pass it up. I had been meaning to snag the games for awhile.
2ajxi10.jpg

sept08pickup08.jpg

RAW RAW FIGHT THE POWAAA!!!

Also ordered the Revoltech Lazengann and pre-ordered the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Can't wait for them to come in. :D

Tokubetsu

donkey show said:
sept08pickup08.jpg

Also ordered the Revoltech Lazengann and pre-ordered the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Can't wait for them to come in. :D

Mind telling me where you ordered the revoltechs?

Kadey said:
I find it funny that many posters say what they are going to post later but yet I'm the only one being singled out. Put me on ignore if you don't like it because that's exactly what I'm going to vice versa. Certain people just love complaining. I don't really like putting people on ignore but I'm tired of all this bs. And done!!!

No you're not. :) I called out that guy who said he was going to post pics of his mom's new car later. Dude was out of control.

donkey show said:
sept08pickup08.jpg

Not to spoil your party, but I've recently stopped buying PVC toys and products, because they're bad for the environment, and for you.

Creation of PVC produces poisonous dioxins, and overtime PVC off-gas potentially carcinogenic compounds in your home. Also you cannot recycle PVC.

Check out this link: PVC the Poison Plastic.

http://www.chej.org/BESAFE/pvc/about.htm

nny

zoku88 said:
Why didn't you ALREADY have TOB and Uncharted, Mr!? :mad:

have fun! ;)

I had Uncharted, what I got now was the guide, for the pretty pictures P

Concerning The Orange Box I didn't have a computer to run it decently until recently and also I'm not a big fan of FPS, I'm only now playing the first Half-Life, I finally decided to check this universe I hear so many good things about. As far as the Orange Box is concerned, so far I'm utterly in love with Portal. The rest of its contents will be experienced in the future (I still have Blue Shift and Opposing Force before it). I've got a lot of shooting ahead of me. )

sw26

Got this through today:

FFVI.jpg

Never played it before so looking forward to doing so (although I'm in the middle of FFV right now so I won't be playing it for a while).

zoku88

nny said:
I had Uncharted, what I got now was the guide, for the pretty pictures P

Concerning The Orange Box I didn't have a computer to run it decently until recently and also I'm not a big fan of FPS, I'm only now playing the first Half-Life, I finally decided to check this universe I hear so many good things about. As far as the Orange Box is concerned, so far I'm utterly in love with Portal. The rest of its contents will be experienced in the future (I still have Blue Shift and Opposing Force before it). I've got a lot of shooting ahead of me. )
Haha, I was just kidding :lol

But wow at me not noticing that it was a guide :lol :lol :lol :lol

Manp

donkey show said:
http://www.daviddino.com/sept08pickup08.jpg[IMG]

Also ordered the Revoltech Lazengann and pre-ordered the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Can't wait for them to come in. :D[/QUOTE]

*google image Lazengann*

wow, that's awesome! :O

:)

LiK

memecomplex said:
Not to spoil your party, but I've recently stopped buying PVC toys and products, because they're bad for the environment, and for you.

Creation of PVC produces poisonous dioxins, and overtime PVC off-gas potentially carcinogenic compounds in your home. Also you cannot recycle PVC.

Check out this link: PVC the Poison Plastic.

http://www.chej.org/BESAFE/pvc/about.htm

you should check this too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pvc

almost everything is made from PVC these days. it's inescapable altho i agree that i also cut down on pvc purchases as well. it's mainly because they're so expensive these days. ;)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
mjc said:
Please tell me the IGN thing is a sticker. They already mucked up the boxart with the giant "FROM THE MAKER OF DRAWN TO LIFE" thing on it (I like how the Euro box does it, more toned down, in bottom right.)

TomServo

Cheating a bit with the game pickups... two of the three go back to August. CivRev DS and Too Human were both purchased used with the recent GameStop 35% off sales, but both looked brand new.

IMG_0801.jpg

120GB HDD from eBay, $84 shipped. Managed to snag one that wasn't an Elite takeoff, so it's the right color to match the rest of my old 20GB unit. Bring on the Fall update!

IMG_0796.jpg

Birthday presents from my wife, who freaking rocks. The Republic Gunship is the biggest Lego set I've ever had, and given the hype (and second-hand market prices) of the old RGS I'm excited to get one.

IMG_0797.jpg

Steering wheel for my race car was a birthday present from the parents. AiM MyChron Gold dash / datalogger was an anniversary present from the wife. Not shown are the sensors, dash harness, and the Yoshimura race harness and EMS programmer / hub for the Suzuki GSX-R 1000 motorcycle engine that will power the car.

IMG_0795.jpg

mjc

Drkirby said:
Please tell me the IGN thing is a sticker. They already mucked up the boxart with the giant "FROM THE MAKER OF DRAWN TO LIFE" thing on it (I like how the Euro box does it, more toned down, in bottom right.)

Yeah it's a sticker, I just haven't removed it yet.

Pein

Banned
my pick ups from the past 2 weeks

mwy7o1.jpg

gurren laggan vol 2 and 3, seriously best anime in years
Code geass 1 and 2

4id951.jpg

arrested development season 3, this is my second copy my douche cousin took my other copy to canada
beck mongolian chop squad
school rumble season 1
veronica mars season 1

21b3pl4.jpg

tranformers bluray
friday night lights season 1, such an amazing show

2it9vp.jpg

volumes 1-10 of full metal alchemist
A red zune 80

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
10wp4rc.jpg

The Fall and Cool Hand Luke Blu-rays, Sunny season 3.

1222d0h.jpg
3313af6.jpg

French Videodrome and Italian Scanners posters that arrived this morning; I'm planning to get them dry matted and framed in a few days.

TomServo

65536 said:
You need to turn down the sharpness/edge enhancement/image processing options on your TV, there shouldn't be glowing edges around the text:

If you leave it as is, it will add to/exaggerate any aliasing in games. (jaggies)

It's the camera / jpg compression. TV is calibrated.

Banned
TomServo said:
It's the camera / jpg compression. TV is calibrated.
Fair enough, it's a bit of a compulsion I have — I have to point it out when I see it. Hopefully it will make other people aware of the problem at least.

Azzurri

akachan ningen said:
No you're not. :) I called out that guy who said he was going to post pics of his mom's new car later. Dude was out of control.

Wow, I was really out of control; some one please stop my madness. Heaven for bid I post something that I didn't directly buy but was part of my house hold which I do use.

And Kadey it's ok I don't see any problems for teasing things which you're getting soon.

Pein

Banned
Azzurri said:
Wow, I was really out of control; some one please stop my madness. Heaven for bid I post something that I didn't directly buy but was part of my house hold which I do use.

And Kadey it's ok I don't see any problems for teasing things which you're getting soon.
she could at least hint at what she's getting not just coming soon

LiK

Azzurri said:

yea, who cares. i'd rather have teasing over any lame stock photos that some dudes post here cuz they didn't get their stuff yet. tease us some more, it's dirty. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom