• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Marvie_3 said:
Where did I champion NHL 12? They're using a modified PS2-gen engine so there's only so much they can do with it. The game is going to be a broken mess like always but it does feel different in several areas and I happen to like some of the changes they've made(better rebounds, game speed is slowed down, minor bumps knock the puck loose, etc).

look you did it again... you are saying positive things about the game... please stop

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
look you did it again... you are saying positive things about the game... please stop
29bnkw4.jpg

zsswimmer said:
Well how about this.. if you don't like the demo, ya don't buy the game :D

ok, I'm not gonna buy it then

I will instead spend the $60 on game tickets for my hometown NHL team, why don't you do the same Swim?

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
ok, I'm not gonna buy it then

I will instead spend the $60 on game tickets for my hometown NHL team, why don't you do the same Swim?
Swim is gonna come up to some Jets games with me. :D

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
TheVisualizer said:
CHEAP SHOTS.

i read the canes and preds will be splitting time on the fox sports channel in atlanta this year. im feeling like there's a chance preds-age could grow to an unprecedented 3 members here!

Marvie_3

Banned
sefskillz said:
CHEAP SHOTS.

i read the canes and preds will be splitting time on the fox sports channel in atlanta this year. im feeling like there's a chance preds-age could grow to an unprecedented 3 members here!
Swim won't be a Preds fan because he doesn't want to lose another team to relocation.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Blinding said:
I laughed.

Hey Noz, didn't realize you played Halo. :p

Oh, and I'm for sure going to be getting NHL 12 on release day, yayyyyyy.
Man, if you could call that playing. I'm kind of retarded so SWAT is about the only thing I understand that doesn't scare me, that and running over teammates in big team battle. That was not a good showing for me though, had played way beyond what I should've and was sort of at the point of losing the will to live.

Any tips besides aim for the face? I find I hold my own pretty well against people of any rank, but then there'll be a few super high level people that just absolutely demolish me. Sometimes feel like I'm moving and looking in a non-skilled way.

EDIT: Our swat stats are kind of similar, you average 15 kills per game, i'm 14. Even with the disparity in matches played many of our medal counts are quite close. Sent you a friend's request, I can't always mic up but we should totally play sometime.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
TheVisualizer said:
Marvie here's another idea for jerseys that should fit your design style...

390825593.png
It turns out there actually is an XFL jersey in my color
maniax_jersey_home.gif

maniax.jpg

Blinding

Nozdeuce said:
Man, if you could call that playing. I'm kind of retarded so SWAT is about the only thing I understand that doesn't scare me, that and running over teammates in big team battle. That was not a good showing for me though, had played way beyond what I should've and was sort of at the point of losing the will to live.

Any tips besides aim for the face? I find I hold my own pretty well against people of any rank, but then there'll be a few super high level people that just absolutely demolish me. Sometimes feel like I'm moving and looking in a non-skilled way.

EDIT: Our swat stats are kind of similar, you average 15 kills per game, i'm 14. Even with the disparity in matches played many of our medal counts are quite close. Sent you a friend's request, I can't always mic up but we should totally play sometime.

Yeah, I was only in SWAT just to breeze past those two kill challenges. I feel like the reason I do well, especially in SWAT, are because of my awareness (thanks to my A40's, which also make playing NHL games that much more awesome,) and my general knowledge of where they're going to spawn and where they're going to push. Like in that one game, we'd kill them all on one side of the map, then that means they're more then likely going to spawn and push from the other side, so really all that's needed for that map is top control.

I just found it funny when I matched up with you, I was like "Wait, he seems familiar," and then it hit me. lol

On a hockey related note, the Jets unveiled their jerseys today.

_DSC4148_slide.jpg

Is it just me or is there already enough blue and white jerseys in the league? :l

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
It turns out there actually is an XFL jersey in my color
http://xflboard.com/uniforms/maniax_jersey_home.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://isportacus.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/maniax.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Wow, it's like all of the terrible colors Viz used had an orgy and that was the resulting bastard child.

[QUOTE=Blinding]On a hockey related note, the Jets unveiled their jerseys today.

[img]http://3.cdn.nhle.com/nhl/images/upload/gallery/2011/09/_DSC4148_slide.jpg[img]

Is it just me or is there already enough blue and white jerseys in the league? :l[/QUOTE]
I really like the home jerseys there. I'd like the aways if it weren't for the terrible mishmash of stripes on the arms.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Hey guys can I still join? This will be my first year for joining an EASHL team but it would be great to take my game online and play with some GAFers.

I've played a TON of Be A Pro, all defence, and I also play D in real life, so I know the position reasonably well.

Gamertag: thelatestmodel
Position: Defence (usually left)
Jersey: My favourite ones are taken, but Nick Leddy seems like a nice young man so I'll go with 8
Player name: Not sure yet
Favourite NHL team: Chicago Blackhawks

thelatestmodel said:
Hey guys can I still join? This will be my first year for joining an EASHL team but it would be great to take my game online and play with some GAFers.

I've played a TON of Be A Pro, all defence, and I also play D in real life, so I know the position reasonably well.

Gamertag: thelatestmodel
Position: Defence (usually left)
Jersey: My favourite ones are taken, but Nick Leddy seems like a nice young man so I'll go with 8
Player name: Not sure yet
Favourite NHL team: Chicago Blackhawks

sorry, we've already reached our quota on Blackhawks fans, find another club, bub...

Revenant

Marvie_3 said:
No, you can smack someone 3 times before you get a penalty. :D

:lol, i'm actually kinda glad they got it back. Really excited as we get closer to release here, and honestly looking forward to how this game is shaping up.

i do hope next year presentation is a big focus though.

Revenant said:
well to be fair marvie and I really should only count as one...

And that's our quota, so....?

Marvie_3 said:
No, you can smack someone 3 times before you get a penalty. :D

I hope the shot block button still protects you completely after the whistle. That shit gets old pretty quick of just having people ram you after the whistle.

Marvie_3

Banned
thelatestmodel said:
Yeah, sorry about last year. I promise I won't mention it if you let me on the team.
Just ignore Viz. He'll throw batteries at you if you're not careful.

Revenant said:
:lol, i'm actually kinda glad they got it back. Really excited as we get closer to release here, and honestly looking forward to how this game is shaping up.

i do hope next year presentation is a big focus though.
I'd rather they fix the broken gameplay parts they've been ignoring for the last few years.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
And that's our quota, so....?

I hope the shot block button still protects you completely after the whistle. That shit gets old pretty quick of just having people ram you after the whistle.
Who are you again?

Marvie_3 said:
Just ignore Viz. He'll throw batteries at you if you're not careful.

I'd rather they fix the broken gameplay parts they've been ignoring for the last few years.

Who are you again?
Ich bin der Meister des Hockeyplatzes!

Marvie_3 said:
I copy/pasted from a Simpsons quote dickface

What episode is that? I don't remember it for some reason.

Edit: :lol just found it. How the hell did I forget that? Grandpa Simpson is my favorite character. I'll leave now. :(

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
What episode is that? I don't remember it for some reason.

Edit: :lol just found it. How the hell did I forget that? Grandpa Simpson is my favorite character. I'll leave now. :(
16bhbo1.jpg

less than a week to go gentlemen until IT'S ON!

I'm so tempted to get the Season Pass so I can play this weekend, but the fact that Marvie got it already and I will be able to give him shit about it until the end of time is keeping me from handing over my Microsoft Spacebucks to EA

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
less than a week to go gentlemen until IT'S ON!

I'm so tempted to get the Season Pass so I can play this weekend, but the fact that Marvie got it already and I will be able to give him shit about it until the end of time is keeping me from handing over my Microsoft Spacebucks to EA
It was basically free for me. :D

Marvie_3 said:
It was basically free for me. :D

yeah that was a real cute story you made up about your buddy going in on half on something, very shrewd. You may have fooled some of the sheep that post in this thread with that tall tale, but we both know the deal...

You paid $25 to EA to rent the game for 3 days, hope you are as ashamed of yourself as I am of you, sucka!

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
yeah that was a real cute story you made up about your buddy going in on half on something, very shrewd. You may have fooled some of the sheep that post in this thread with that tall tale, but we both know the deal...

You paid $25 to EA to rent the game for 3 days, hope you are as ashamed of yourself as I am of you, sucka!
Except I didn't.

Milly79

So how many have the Season Ticket? Wondering if I should just play with my friends until everyone here has the game. And by friends I mean my friend on GAF.

Milly79 said:
So how many have the Season Ticket? Wondering if I should just play with my friends until everyone here has the game. And by friends I mean my friend on GAF.

pre-emptive traitor

I'm leaning towards getting the season ticket, but I can't play until Saturday night...

Marvie_3

Banned
Revenant said:
Holy fuckin shit. I just busted out laughing so hard in a computer lab on campus. :lol

Milly79 said:
I have it.....but you already knew that since you send me 15 messages a day about in on XBL. ;)

And I'll repeat what I said in the OP, if you club hop, I'm not keeping stats for you.

Milly79

Well, I want to get the hang of EASHL. I'll see if he wants to join the GAF team until the regular game releases. He basically plays with our Finnish buddy and he's on FHR (which is a top team). With the new rules, it's not like he's going to be able to play full time with him.

The only time I would club hop is for the first 3 days. Like I said, the only other guy we really played with on FHR and won't be club hopping due to the new rules.

Milly79 said:
Well, I want to get the hang of EASHL. I'll see if he wants to join the GAF team until the regular game releases. He basically plays with our Finnish buddy and he's on FHR (which is a top team). With the new rules, it's not like he's going to be able to play full time with him.

The only time I would club hop is for the first 3 days. Like I said, the only other guy we really played with on FHR and won't be club hopping due to the new rules.

what is there to get the hang of? it's the same damn game!!!

you need to choose GAF this year Milly, those other glitchers you play with don't care about you, they care about their stats.

I need you around so I can come up with new ways to insult your country-ass everyday. Gets boring having only Marvie to ridicule, he's pretty much tuned me out at this point...

Milly79

Haha. I struggle every year at the beginning.

And I'm gonna stick with you guys, for sure. You'd be so terrible without me cheesing it up.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm not picking up the game for a week or so after the release date, I've got a lot of stuff going on with school starting and lot of events happening in the first couple weeks

Top Bottom