• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Marvie_3

Banned
djm said:
FJFZf.jpg

sKgwt.jpg

I used the Hurricanes logo cause it kinda looks like the gaf logo. Also the blue might be a little dark now I look at it in these jpegs.
Not a fan but I do like the color scheme. Looks weird having blue on only the top part of the homes. Aways don't look too bad but they need something to contrast the orange/gray against. I've got a couple ideas in my head that I'll whip up when I get home.

Marvie_3

Banned
Colors came out wrong and some of these looked a lot better in my head. The blue and orange both need to be darker. Figured I'd post them anyway:

scU6P.jpg

9P80W.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
So we qualified for the Pro playoffs despite being 1-2-0 on the month. Anyone wanna hop in the playoffs Sunday or Monday night?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm up for some games either late tonight or tomorrow sometime. I'm watching the VMAs so I can't play till 9 /10 EST whenever they finish. Tomorrow afternoon / night would probs be better

Marvie_3

Banned
Milly79 said:
I wanted you to play. Or course, you had to be an asshole.
Just so you know, sending party invites every 2 minutes for over half an hour isn't a good way to get me to play. If I haven't joined after the 2nd or 3rd one, I'm not coming.

Red_Man said:
I'm up for some games either late tonight or tomorrow sometime. I'm watching the VMAs so I can't play till 9 /10 EST whenever they finish. Tomorrow afternoon / night would probs be better
2jctwzq.jpg

Red_Man

:lol dont hate I don't wanna miss another Kanye freak out moment if it happens, plus him and jay are performing, after thats done ill probably stop watching

Marvie_3 said:
Just so you know, sending party invites every 2 minutes for over half an hour isn't a good way to get me to play. If I haven't joined after the 2nd or 3rd one, I'm not coming.

2jctwzq.jpg

Haha, so that's why you ignored my invites those times right Marvie? I knew we were buds! I knew it!

Marvie,

I still like the maroon ones, the alt teal ones look good, but do my a favor and just change that second color "teal" to a light carolina blue on both the maroon and teal ones like the concept pics. (To get light carolina blue your color palette needs to be set all the way over near where blue turns into purple and then all the way down and to the left.) You are still too close to green with the color in your pics. I wanna see which version looks better.

The yellow jersey is also interesting. I'm pretty sure you can find a jersey type that will allow you to make the sleeves color black from the glove up towards past the elbow to match what you did with the socks, that might look kind of cool.

Scrap the rest of the designs tho...

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
I still like the maroon ones, the alt teal ones look good, but do my a favor and just change that second color "teal" to a light carolina blue on both the maroon and teal ones like the concept pics. (To get light carolina blue your color palette needs to be set all the way over near where blue turns into purple and then all the way down and to the left.) You are still too close to green with the color in your pics. I wanna see which version looks better.
I swear the screenshot thing distorts colors. They don't look that green in game. I'll try to use an even lighter shade and see what comes out.

TheVisualizer said:
The yellow jersey is also interesting. I'm pretty sure you can find a jersey type that will allow you to make the sleeves color black from the glove up towards past the elbow to match what you did with the socks, that might look kind of cool.

Scrap the rest of the designs tho...
Like I said, I halfassed them. I'll tweak the yellow ones and see what happens.

Marvie_3 said:
I swear the screenshot thing distorts colors. They don't look that green in game. I'll try to use an even lighter shade and see what comes out.

Like I said, I halfassed them. I'll tweak the yellow ones and see what happens.

...oh wow, so you are implying that all the other jerseys you've ever made you actually put effort into?

could have fooled me

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
...oh wow, so you are implying that all the other jerseys you've ever made you actually put effort into?

could have fooled me
I like you Viz. You're a funny guy. That's why I'm going to kill you last.

Red_Man

I'll play tomorrow night if anyone else will plan to hop on, I'm playing a few games now to get ready for 12

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
So we have a new rule then? Only if they pass the color blind test are they allowed to play on our elite team?
Are you colorblind? That could be why your passes always go to the wrong team! ;)

Marvie_3 said:
Pretty funny coming from someone who quits all the time

glad I could brighten your day with my humorous remarks

oh yeah, I finally got my work schedule figured out for when the game comes out, looks like I'm working overnights starting at 11pm so I'll def be playing during the daytime mostly

2 weeks until I come out retirement again and you have to listen to my rambling and yelling again, rest your ears...

Marvie_3

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Nah, once the German Night/Vis Daytime squad start rolling shit will be on fire just like Dany Heatley!
That'll be a sight to see. Your "lag" problems were well documented when you were in the US. Now that you're in Germany, the game will probably be over before you even move your guy.

Marvie_3 said:
That'll be a sight to see. Your "lag" problems were well documented when you were in the US. Now that you're in Germany, the game will probably be over before you even move your guy.

Wouldn't that be an improvement?

Who knows, maybe the University will have crazy fast internet but with so many people it most likely won't...

Marvie_3 said:
Fucking EA......

So much for that idea then.

thought this was the Slot Cloggers thread

what is all this Working Class Gypsies talk? I'm PM'ing a mod, you better keep talk about that loser team that can't even qualify for the playoffs outta here

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
thought this was the Slot Cloggers thread

what is all this Working Class Gypsies talk? I'm PM'ing a mod, you better keep talk about that loser team that can't even qualify for the playoffs outta here
So not only are you a quitter, you're also a squealer? You must have gotten the shit beat out of you on a daily basis in school.

Marvie_3 said:
So not only are you a quitter, you're also a squealer? You must have gotten the shit beat out of you on a daily basis in school.

only got beat up at school one time back in 5th grade, other than that I was smart enough to pick my opponents wisely

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
only got beat up at school one time back in 5th grade, other than that I was smart enough to pick my opponents wisely
Probably deserved it.

And since it's now Sept. 1st, sometime during the day, I'm gonna update the OP in the last thread with final stats/standings/etc for the last time.

Marvie_3

Banned
Also, I've been tinkering with some different stat tracking things and I'm going to see how they'll work for NHL. Mostly its pointless busy work so I have something to do from time to time.

Top Bottom