• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Slot Cloggers (NHL 12 EASHL)

Marvie_3

Banned
2dj3ojq.jpg

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
i cant believe thats so high on the page. ive got cat balls to stare at for the next week now

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
That solid blue and that blue green would be so fucking oppressively dark, but in a gross way.

In an effort to make sense of that, I think they'd blend in and just disappear against every center ice logo. I'm not against dark jerseys, I know jerseys that color, i liked your black jersey with the teal. I like some noticeable contrast, so a bigass swath of teal is my kinda thing, something that no matter how fucking ugly the other teams shit is, I can just focus on that.

Not really digging the bumblebee imagery with that one canes uni, also think the maroon on the accompanying jersey is too dark to show up from the better camera angles. Looks decent up close though.

zsswimmer

Marvie_3 said:
Fixed the blue on the maroon jerseys and threw a few more ideas together:

http://i.imgur.com/66QZk.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KbafT.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wWGKL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RLRRR.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I like the red ones in this pic

Marvie_3 said:
Fixed the blue on the maroon jerseys and threw a few more ideas together:

finally got the maroon ones to match the pics I sent you. not sure which I like better now the sky blue or teal as the 2nd color

not really feeling the rest of them:

-green black and yellow wasnt good enough to make the cut several times last year, still doesn't do anything for me

-red black & yellow, blue & white and red & black all look way too generic

-blue & greens look like ripoff canucks jerseys

-----------

oh yeah not sure if you heard, it leaked out last night from OperationSports that you can make a female Be A Pro player for offline & EASHL this year, someone posted pics that were taken down of a female with a moustache

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
finally got the maroon ones to match the pics I sent you. not sure which I like better now the sky blue or teal as the 2nd color

fuck you. :lol

TheVisualizer said:
-red black & yellow, blue & white and red & black all look way too generic
I'll take something "generic" over the expansion team abortions you make. ;)

TheVisualizer said:
oh yeah not sure if you heard, it leaked out last night from OperationSports that you can make a female Be A Pro player for offline & EASHL this year, someone posted pics that were taken down of a female with a moustache
Hooray! Racism and sexist player names now!

Wow Marv, great job on the thread. Seriously man, very well done.

Sorry I'm so late to get in here--I've been moving cities and changing jobs (hooray more money and a shitload more work).

I'm, sadly, in again this year. I fucking hate this game already though.

Edit: Also, fuck any jerseys with black. That's some angsty junior high shit. Let's get some good colors for once. I think a slot clogger needs to have a purple helmet, a pink and veiny uniform, and bushy brown pants.

Blinding

I'm planning on picking up my copy on release day, but it might be a little bit longer then that, just thought I'd let you guys know. I'll make sure to post when I get it when I know for sure.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Wow Marv, great job on the thread. Seriously man, very well done.

Sorry I'm so late to get in here--I've been moving cities and changing jobs (hooray more money and a shitload more work).

I'm, sadly, in again this year. I fucking hate this game already though.

Edit: Also, fuck any jerseys with black. That's some angsty junior high shit. Let's get some good colors for once. I think a slot clogger needs to have a purple helmet, a pink and veiny uniform, and bushy brown pants.
We may play like weiners(me, swim, and noz excluded) but we don't look like them. And Viz made all the fancy pictures so he gets credit for the thread too.

Glad to hear you're safe from the hippie hordes. I'm assuming you're using the same info as the last few years?

Agreed on the black jerseys, but I'm gonna make some with the Noz seal of approval later. :D

Blinding said:
I'm planning on picking up my copy on release day, but it might be a little bit longer then that, just thought I'd let you guys know. I'll make sure to post when I get it when I know for sure.
No worries. We don't drop people if we know they're joining eventually so your roster spot is safe.

Marvie_3

Banned
You fuckers can make fun of these while I go out drinking.

PNsRg.jpg

JOsCp.jpg

Rbsdc.jpg

TpYKq.jpg

Lastly, some for Noz and laserbot's wang jerseys with included herpes chest logo:

2VLFv.jpg

Marvie_3 said:
We may play like weiners(me, swim, and noz excluded) but we don't look like them. And Viz made all the fancy pictures so he gets credit for the thread too.

Glad to hear you're safe from the hippie hordes. I'm assuming you're using the same info as the last few years?

Agreed on the black jerseys, but I'm gonna make some with the Noz seal of approval later. :D

No worries. We don't drop people if we know they're joining eventually so your roster spot is safe.
Well then, great job to Viz too.

And ya, Bea Arthur. Usually 28, RW.

You know though. No online season mode. Fuck. For the last three years I've said "no online season, no sale" and here we are again without coop. And this damn game is always on sale for $30 at amazon on black Friday. God damn decisions. Marv and Noz, what say you?

Edit: But damn, those throbbing pink jerseys look rad.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
You know though. No online season mode. Fuck. For the last three years I've said "no online season, no sale" and here we are again without coop. And this damn game is always on sale for $30 at amazon on black Friday. God damn decisions. Marv and Noz, what say you?

Aren't you getting the $20 credit from Amazon? If so, you may as well just get it Day 1.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:

I would rather never play against the computer, so I'm abstaining

Nozdeuce said:
I would rather never play against the computer, so I'm abstaining
But at least every game you know what you are getting into. I dunno, I'm just old I guess--my fond sports gaming memories of yesteryear are chilling at Brandons and playing some seasons of Madden on the genesis. We never played vs, just coop. Shit was tight. In fact, my favorite baseball game ever was the triple play game in the 90s which let you play coop.

Coop sports games for life! Human opponents are cheesy pricks.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
But at least every game you know what you are getting into. I dunno, I'm just old I guess--my fond sports gaming memories of yesteryear are chilling at Brandons and playing some seasons of Madden on the genesis. We never played vs, just coop. Shit was tight. In fact, my favorite baseball game ever was the triple play game in the 90s which let you play coop.

Someone is scared to lose.....

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:

I feel that, i went through all that too. I just happen to like ruining other peoples nights.

Marvie_3 said:
You fuckers can make fun of these while I go out drinking.

Lastly, some for Noz and laserbot's wang jerseys with included herpes chest logo:

now that you are sober... all of those are fucking awful, I threw up in my mouth multiple times while scrolling down the page

It's clear that you have ascended into the god tier of awful jersey designers and there is gonna be no middle ground for you and I to compromise on. So as the quitter that I am, I am throwing the white flag up, I give up preemptively before the season, you can pick whatever shit jerseys you want this season and I won't stand in your way anymore...

start the celebration

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
now that you are sober... all of those are fucking awful, I threw up in my mouth multiple times while scrolling down the page

It's clear that you have ascended into the god tier of awful jersey designers and there is gonna be no middle ground for you and I to compromise on. So as the quitter that I am, I am throwing the white flag up, I give up preemptively before the season, you can pick whatever shit jerseys you want this season and I won't stand in your way anymore...

start the celebration
I stopped seeking your approval awhile ago. The last few batches have mostly been following Noz's advice of something that'll stand out and be easier to keep track of.

Just downloaded and played the demo (admittedly on PS3 since my 360 is still packed) and I'm...very unimpressed.

I'm glad I still have a couple weeks to decide.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Just downloaded and played the demo (admittedly on PS3 since my 360 is still packed) and I'm...very unimpressed.

I'm glad I still have a couple weeks to decide.
With what specifically?

Marvie_3 said:
With what specifically?
"The game."

Shit feels the same. I mean, I know it isn't, but it doesn't feel like anything more than an incremental step, again. Oh, in a game one of my teammates got a penalty for hitting the goalie. Great! That's worth $60!

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
"The game."

Shit feels the same. I mean, I know it isn't, but it doesn't feel like anything more than an incremental step, again. Oh, in a game one of my teammates got a penalty for hitting the goalie. Great! That's worth $60!
Did you download the NHL 11 demo by mistake?

Marvie_3 said:
Did you download the NHL 11 demo by mistake?

can't believe you of all people are championing NHL12, it is basically the same game, Snakes is absolutely right, it's nothing but NHL11 with a few minor improvements...

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
can't believe you of all people are championing NHL12, it is basically the same game, Snakes is absolutely right, it's nothing but NHL11 with a few minor improvements...
Where did I champion NHL 12? They're using a modified PS2-gen engine so there's only so much they can do with it. The game is going to be a broken mess like always but it does feel different in several areas and I happen to like some of the changes they've made(better rebounds, game speed is slowed down, minor bumps knock the puck loose, etc).

Top Bottom