• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf's first NeoCosplay Thread. Muahahaha

USD

Haha, right after I saw that pic, I thought, "Now let me go find the original image." At least I didn't have to actually look for it myself. You guys are still falling for stuff like that?

BY2K

Membero Americo
There's a DeviantArt account dedicated to photoshopping bigger boobs on a girl.

I know, I checked. Somehow, they pass that as ART.

Q0fEZ.jpg

This was too awesome not to necrobump.

This is just incredible!

I have never been to one con in my life. Where/What are some good con's to go to (anywhere in the US)? I don't know con's enough to follow them so are there any sites that I could visit?. Thanks gaf

I have never been to one con in my life. Where/What are some good con's to go to (anywhere in the US)? I don't know con's enough to follow them so are there any sites that I could visit?. Thanks gaf

a convention of any type can be overwhelming for a first timer, there's so much going on and there's too much to do, it's impossible to fit it all or even a majority of it in. Where are you located? It might be best to attend a small one first before tackling the big (and best) ones. Also, what are your interests? anime, video games, comic books, board games, movies, etc?

a convention of any type can be overwhelming for a first timer, there's so much going on and there's too much to do, it's impossible to fit it all or even a majority of it in. Where are you located? It might be best to attend a small one first before tackling the big (and best) ones. Also, what are your interests? anime, video games, comic books, board games, movies, etc?

I'm in northern va (DC area). Some things that'd interests me would be anime, video games, manga, and I suppose comic books although I haven't read/watched many comics/mangas/animes lately

How did I miss this dude?

HOW?

I'm in northern va (DC area). Some things that'd interests me would be anime, video games, manga, and I suppose comic books although I haven't read/watched many comics/mangas/animes lately

http://magfest.org

Is a good intro con, and one of the smallest but fastest growing cons in the country. It has a real county fair feel, and everyone knows everyone else. For weeks after M8, people were tagging themselves in my Mag Album on the Facebooks. That doesn't happen with Comic-Con, strangely.

Oh god that Jim is nightmare fuel. Some things... probably shouldn't be cosplayed.

I saw that fucker walkin' around and always went the other way.

joelseph

My favorite con - GenCon

Craziest con - DragonCon

Honorable mention - PAX, ComicCon

Egnirys

Anime USA and Katsucon are both in the DC area and are good cons for a beginner imo. There's Otakon which is the really large convention on the East, but that was just this past weekend.

Anime USA and Katsucon are both in the DC area and are good cons for a beginner imo. There's Otakon which is the really large convention on the East, but that was just this past weekend.

+1 to Katsucon recommendation. I think I'm done with them but it was my first con and with the way it's been the past 2 years, should be good for a first timer. Might want to consider a Saturday only visit, that way you don't have to spend the cash on hotel

Mesoian

+1 to Katsucon recommendation. I think I'm done with them but it was my first con and with the way it's been the past 2 years, should be good for a first timer. Might want to consider a Saturday only visit, that way you don't have to spend the cash on hotel

Katsu's a pretty fantastic con for cosplaying, but not much else. It's a con that offers very little to the person going to simply be entertained.

If you want to do both (cosplay and be entertained) i'd investigate MagFest. It's in the same place Katsu is a month earlier and has a ton of awesome music and video game related programming.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Why does it seem like Chicago gets the shits for Con?

Started to work on a new costume. Decided for it over the PenDrum(Still going to do), for my big costume. <3

Het_Nkik

I will come at you, bros.

As somebody who has lived in San Diego his whole life, I will say that SDCC became bloated the moment you couldn't purchase tickets at the convention center on the days of the con.

As somebody who hasn't attended Comic-Con since 2006, I can't really say the above with any real authority :p

As somebody who has lived in San Diego his whole life, I will say that SDCC became bloated the moment you couldn't purchase tickets at the convention center on the days of the con.

As somebody who hasn't attended Comic-Con since 2006, I can't really say the above with any real authority :p

I'm not saying it ain't bloated as hell. An era has ended for SDCC, even more-so now that video games have found out it exists.

To think that I could have kidnapped her and bred by now, but alas.

Next year?

How did I miss this dude?

HOW?

http://magfest.org

Is a good intro con, and one of the smallest but fastest growing cons in the country. It has a real county fair feel, and everyone knows everyone else. For weeks after M8, people were tagging themselves in my Mag Album on the Facebooks. That doesn't happen with Comic-Con, strangely.

I saw that fucker walkin' around and always went the other way.

MAGFest is pretty fucking awesome.

Top Bottom