• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf's first NeoCosplay Thread. Muahahaha

tumblr_l5h19dLN2t1qatjgao1_500.jpg

tumblr_l5h1c4W9op1qatjgao1_500.jpg

tumblr_l5h6gfcXtH1qas9xwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_l5h6h1pyfd1qas9xwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_l5gznuD90H1qzew07o1_500.jpg

tumblr_l5h3orU64T1qczh01o1_500.jpg

tumblr_l5g86vT1LL1qatjgao1_500.jpg

tumblr_l5gaams6MP1qb57hgo1_500.jpg

lol

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
radiantdreamer said:
If Kojima had made Raiden a hot gun/sword-wielidng chick in the first place, there would be no MGS2 backlash. :lol

2San said:
Isn't really problem, but surprising. I always assumed people liked becoming a certain existing character and showing a character they liked, rather then copying a look they liked.

True. That does seem to be the purpose of cosplay. But maybe they do consider Shunya creations to be characters, especially since other merchandise has spun-off from it.

For this thread, it's definitely not a problem. :D

Edit: Actually, while we're on that, Black Rock Shooter isn't actually an "existing" character either. And neither is Miku Hatsune. They're all products of creations, yet their origins are not based on any anime/manga/story.

2San

radiantdreamer said:
True. That does seem to be the purpose of cosplay. But maybe they do consider Shunya creations to be characters, especially since other merchandise has spun-off from it.

For this thread, it's definitely not a problem. :D

Edit: Actually, while we're on that, Black Rock Shooter isn't actually an "existing" character either. And neither is Miku Hatsune. They're all products of creations, yet their origins are not based on any anime/manga/story.
Dunno about Black Rock Shooter. Miku is marketed as a certain type of character with a certain type of personality and she does appear in games(and a manga I think not sure)

Platy

This threads needs much more funny gaming related cosplay like that chun li than generic almost nsfw anime cosplay !

*hides*

2San said:
Dunno about Black Rock Shooter. Miku is marketed as a certain type of character with a certain type of personality and she does appear in games(and a manga I think not sure)

Actually, Black Rock Shooter is a version of Miku, I've learned.

Though Miku is marketed as a certain character, she's really no different than Hello Kitty or the Burger King, or the winter olympics mascot. The reason being is that there is no real story behind her, other than her origins as basically the Yamaha Vocaloid mascot.

Cosplaying as Miku is the same as cosplaying as a Shunya creation. The only difference is Miku is a more widely known/popular character.

I mean, I could go cosplay as the NeoGaf emblem all the same. You'd be like OMG NeoGaf emblem is so much win! Where as some dudes will be like WTF is that thing?

G-Fex

MqGEd.jpg

1aXH0.jpg

I thought this girl was very cute.

I think this is the same girl raiden, who played that really good Cammy recently.

ToCdU.jpg

Dedication Through Light said:
lol, Vanille's never get old

Actually, this particular vanille does. It's skinny-arms again!!

2npun4.jpg

I do admit that it's VERY good cosplay. Yeah, I like Velvet too. A lot. Let the fantasizing start! (seeya tomorrow).

Zing

Banned
I can't decide which kind of pictures I prefer:

"Wow, that chick is hot! Oh, and her outfit is well done too."

or

"Wow, that outfit is perfect! Oh, and the girl is cute too."

Most pics here seem to fall in one of these two categories.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Bernbaum said:
Couldn't give two shits about retarded cosplay bullshit, but fuck me, that's well done.

She's awesome. I've known her for about 15 years now LOL. She loved Goro Daimon back in the day.

It's weird that I'm seeeing someone on here I knew when she was in middle school trolling the boards back in the day.

Dead Man

Don't know who Adrianne Curry is, but she is important enough to be on Egotastic, and she does a mean Slave Leia:

*NSFW pics at the link* *No nudes of her at the link*

Top Bottom