• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf's first NeoCosplay Thread. Muahahaha

Mengetsu

DTJAAAAM said:
Had a pretty good time at PAX Prime, though I didn't get as many photos as I would have liked of costumes:

300+ Photos from PAX Prime 2011

Some favorites...

6094613569_62ec9cc821_z.jpg

6094608539_4e0088d1a3_z.jpg

6089549370_1ed6c379bc_z.jpg

Any convention day where I get less than 100 cosplay shots = disappointment. Last night, I actually decided to book a flight to Georgie for part of Dragon*Con this weekend just to do more picture taking. XD

That wrex!! Left4dead as well just awesome!

Aru

I don't know how old this picture is, but here is a cosplay of Naminé (Kingdom Hearts).
Simple character to cosplay, but great result :D

kh_ii__namine_cosplay_by_rosenbraut-d34ciiw.jpg

Gvaz

Banned
_dementia said:
A couple hundred more sit-ups per day and this would be perfect. Great Juri.

edit: bah, sorry for the DP. I was checking some older posts in the thread.
WHat the hell are you talking about, she's fit enough.

Olorin

I had a great time cosplaying at Abunai a week ago.
abunai2011-1.jpg

Me as Facebook man. My Like sign got 'clicked' a lot.
abunai2011-2.jpg

Me as Perry the Platypus with my other Phineas and Ferb buddies.
abunai2011-3.jpg

Me as Luigi with the same friends doing Smash Bros.

But the best part was when we got to smash a friend's Creeper cosplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSsKtiLCh5Q

y2dvd

Green Range at A-Fest. About 90% of the ppl that attended dressed up and amoung them, maybe 5% were actually good.

gYazW.jpg

Gvaz

Banned
You know you grew up on the good power rangers when you take one look at the green ranger and the tune that summons the dragonzord plays in your head immediately

Nekofrog

Banned
Anyone else kind of "over" the semi-professionally done Japanese chicks that are dressed as characters they can't possibly even begin to resemble?

I always assumed cosplay meant you at least bore a resemblance to the character, but I guess not.

bengraven

Nekofrog said:
Anyone else kind of "over" the semi-professionally done Japanese chicks that are dressed as characters they can't possibly even begin to resemble?

I always assumed cosplay meant you at least bore a resemblance to the character, but I guess not.

Yeah, they're basically "booth babes" at this point.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Olorin said:
I had a great time cosplaying at Abunai a week ago.
abunai2011-1.jpg

Me as Facebook man. My Like sign got 'clicked' a lot.
I bet you're wishing you put that sign somewhere else.

Fess

Augemitbutter said:
would be perfect if not for plastic surgery.
Plastic or not her figure is feminine perfection. An it's really nice to see someone that is proud to not look like she's 12 years old like som many others in this thread. Sadly I've only seen one pic of her. :(

Olorin

Green Scar said:
OK, the girl on the left's costume is throwing me for a loop. Mewtwo?
ASSauLTxMasTER said:
Yes please me and my friend were trying to figure that out. o_O What is she??
She's Lugia, one of the Pokemon you can get in Smash Bros Brawl. Pretty random, but she looked good in it.

Olorin said:
She's Lugia, one of the Pokemon you can get in Smash Bros Brawl. Pretty random, but she looked good in it.

Fair enough, I was thinking she'd be an actual Smash Bros fighter but she pulls off Lugia well, I guess :p

jk-mox

Neo Member
Matts Legacy said:

Jill brought to you by Nike?
There's a "Just do it" joke in there somewhere.

Edited so I don't bring this entire thread to a grinding halt by misidentifying some cosplay.

DNF

She has a nice ass, but she makes a terrible Yuna. She should've gone with one of the Soul Calibur girls.
Fat girls, y u cosplay as hot athletic characters? y u no cosplay as fat characters?
Is that Samus a dude with a wig?
^I wish ugly girls would stop cosplaying.
I see. You believe that positive response to a cosplay photo from the average male is due to its accuracy of the subject matter. Also, if we were to have accurate Final Fantasy cosplay, the girl would have to be white not asian like your example.
See this Yuna is 100000x better than the huge ass ginormous butt Yuna from previous page. Could probably be the best X-2 Yuna I've seen yet. I'm an advocate of female butts. I like them, but when cosplaying, you have to do it right. Yuna doesn't have a butt the size of a small continent.
would be perfect if not for plastic surgery.
Anyone else kind of "over" the semi-professionally done Japanese chicks that are dressed as characters they can't possibly even begin to resemble? I always assumed cosplay meant you at least bore a resemblance to the character, but I guess not.

I seriously don't understand all these negative comments about cosplayers not "looking" like the original.

i always assumed cosplay is about the costumes (the handcraft, the time these people spent, the passion these people use for their hobby)

But according to most of the comments in the last pages all these cosplays are fail because the cosplayers nose is wrong, their figure is wrong, their race is wrong (!!), their cup-size is wrong...

Is this an expansion to the "look at how sharp her knees are"-meme ?
I would expect that even if a picture with a perfect look-a-like of a character was posted some of you would still complain that he/she isn't 400 years old like the original character and therefore shouldn't even think about cosplaying this specific character.

i really envy those cosplayers to have a hobby where they spent so many hours to make these costumes and have the courage to walk around in these costumes.
and yet, even if the costume itself looks really close to the original there are so many negative comments about the person who cosplays. [/rant]

Top Bottom