• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Official NHL 09 GUILD (PS3 Sign Up Thread)

eznark

Banned
so, how is this thing working? I'm planning on picking the game up on my way home from work tonight, is this online deal as cool as we all initially thought?

It's cool as hell!

Sorry about leaving the guild, some close friends didn't want to be a part of the NeoGAF guild, so I left for that team....

Just a real quick word of advice, we got matched up with white jersey v white jersey quite often yesterday. We had NO IDEA you could change your jersey color by pressing square when "readying" up.

Truly made some games nearly impossible last night.

crussher

Mackaveli here, i won't be able to make a player until Sunday or Monday but i'm definately in. I cannot wait to play this game

i will post in the thread as soon as i create a player so i can get an invite.

Thanks.

GQman2121

Banned
I'm picking this up tomorrow evening after Chelsea pound Manchester City and Norte Dame embarrass Michigan.

I don't think I'll really be able to dive into it until Monday night, but I'm still on board with the guild.

eznark said:
so, how is this thing working? I'm planning on picking the game up on my way home from work tonight, is this online deal as cool as we all initially thought?
It's so awesome. At first I really wasn't sold on the idea at all, but I tried it yesterday and man did I love it. I have to admit, I did have a bit of a nerdgasm when I saw myself come out onto the ice :lol

I played it a ton yesterday, the only thing I didn't like was having to play with random strangers. Can't wait to play with everyone here.

eznark

Banned
played a few games, love it, feels just like 08 (played that on 360).

Anyone else unable to connect to EA servers?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
eznark said:
played a few games, love it, feels just like 08 (played that on 360).

Anyone else unable to connect to EA servers?

Yeah, connecting to EA online was really wonky for me today and when I did manage to connect, it was going extremely slow.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Went 3-0 tonight including a comeback from 0-2 to win 3-2. This game is simply the best of 09 as far as sports games go.

eznark

Banned
Joined the team (thanks for that) but how do I know when we're playing or when people are online to play and what not? I assume I just got to the locker room and wait for people to show up?

eznark said:
Joined the team (thanks for that) but how do I know when we're playing or when people are online to play and what not? I assume I just got to the locker room and wait for people to show up?

Yeah basically, or you can add people to your friend's list and send them messages to go to the dressing room.

Alright my psn id is Assassin47 I guess ill play any position, if you need a goalie let me know and I will practice cause I need it lol

eznark

Banned
if you guys are still playing in a couple hours, I'll be on (earlier if the Badgers can pull away from Fresno St.)

I'm garbage. I can't seem to ever make any quick shots/passes with the puck, everything feels just a bit too laggy for me. Any tips?

mackaveli

hey im going to make a player now, how does it work? do i just make a player and then you can send me an invite?

PSN: Mackaveli

so what kind of D do we need? I can be any type doesn't matter.

I'll be down to play all night.

I just went on but no one else was on.

Whats the best way to check whos online? Theres gotta be a better way than going into the virtual locker room everytime and just sitting there. I know theres a lot of members but maybe we should add each other to our friends list?

kassatsu

Banned
mackaveli said:
hey im going to make a player now, how does it work? do i just make a player and then you can send me an invite?

PSN: Mackaveli

so what kind of D do we need? I can be any type doesn't matter.

I'll be down to play all night.
I will add you in a little bit. I just got back to my apartment.

DenogginizerOS said:
I think we need to designate a specific time to meet rather than depending on random meetups in the locker room.
ya I think so too. You know, if you create a league you can see who is online from the user list so that wouldn't be too bad of an idea.

kassatsu

Banned
Lion Heart said:
ya I think so too. You know, if you create a league you can see who is online from the user list so that wouldn't be too bad of an idea.
Ok I will set that up later today then :)

Also what times are everyone free. I would like to have atleast 2 nights a week were we can play.

You can see who is online buy going to your Hub and selecting address book and changing it to My Club members. The only problem is that there isn't an easy way to invite people. EA needs to allow you to send invite messages from the dressing room.

kassatsu

Banned
Shalashaska said:
You can see who is online buy going to your Hub and selecting address book and changing it to My Club members. The only problem is that there isn't an easy way to invite people. EA needs to allow you to send invite messages from the dressing room.
I see, no need for that league then I am closing it.

Top Bottom