• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogafs Official NHL 09 GUILD (Xbox360 Sign Up Thread)

I just hope I don't suck too much at the game, I've never actually played hockey and only became a fan of the game because of NHL Breakaway '98 on the N64. Despite playing 5 seasons deep in NHL 08 I'm sure I'm still missing a lot of the nuances of the game by not having experience

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
epik said:
list updated, more suggestions, let's try to decide on a name soon.
well it seems like the ps3 guys are gonna have to go with canuckleheads with mikeworks and bish both playing over there... so that one is taken

FightyF

Banned
Should "Mighty Dyacks" include "The"? Ie. The Mighty Dyacks

To me, it makes the allusion to The Mighty Ducks more pronounced. I'm ok either way, but with a slight preference to "The Mighty Dyacks". Or maybe I'm just being anal because I'm crazy tired and should be sleeping right now. :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Throw me on this list too. This mode sounds like a lot of fun. I wouldn't have a problem with playing defense either.

I like the Gaf Believers.

epik

Numbers will be on a first come first serve basis.. as in getting the game first to create your player

FightyF

Banned
epik said:
Numbers will be on a first come first serve basis.. as in getting the game first to create your player

Which reminds me, I'm going to make someone akin to myself. But what's stopping people from making their own Chara monsters with 10 feet of poke checking stick? And then give them 8 feet hockey sticks?

FightyF said:
Which reminds me, I'm going to make someone akin to myself. But what's stopping people from making their own Chara monsters with 10 feet of poke checking stick? And then give them 8 feet hockey sticks?

I can't wait to make my beastly defensiveman modeled after my boy Zdeno and smush puny little snipers

epik

Ok so I gotta withdraw from this team, since I'm only going to commit to one, with the EA guys! .. so, without further adieu, KINGPEN will take the reigns, if he'd like to pass it on to someone else.. he can!

good luck in the first season guys!...

FightyF

Banned
epik said:
Ok so I gotta withdraw from this team, since I'm only going to commit to one, with the EA guys! .. so, without further adieu, KINGPEN will take the reigns, if he'd like to pass it on to someone else.. he can!

good luck in the first season guys!...

YOU!!

YOU BACKSTABBER!!

EA IS GOING DOWN YOU HEAR ME?! THE MIGHTY DYACKS WILL TAKE YOU GUYS DOWN!!

Anyways yeah that sounds cool, have fun!

sjaygray

I'm in! As in real life, I prefer defense, but will play anything but goalie.

GT: sjaygray

If I was naming the team, it would be....

jesseandtherippers.jpg

Whatever the general consensus is works for me... can't f'n wait! :D

FightyF

Banned
Jesse and the Rippers! :lol That would be sweet too.

BigJonsson said:
The Mighty Dyacks of NeoGAF

Yeah...that's it. That's what I'm talking about! I'm down! Hopefully there's no size restriction on the name (that's 27 characters long).

I don't know if this belongs in this thread (but whereelse..) but where are you guys all getting the game? Is it out midnight anywhere?

bran said:
Shouldn't we try to have a proportional number of O and D, and maybe 3-4 goalies?

I wouldn't be worried about offense and defense due to the team size we should always have enough players available for those, buy definitely load up on goalies in case people are busy.

how are we going to decide who plays? Six players per game, right?

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
woodchuck said:
i can be a goalie...as long as i get to bitch at my defensemen for fucking up and no goals are my fault
you sound like the goalie on my beer league team... just what i need :p

fin

woodchuck said:
i can be a goalie...as long as i get to bitch at my defensemen for fucking up and no goals are my fault

Yup, I'm planning to be left defence. bitch away!:D

Top Bottom