• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogafs Official NHL 09 GUILD (Xbox360 Sign Up Thread)

There are already teams out there with 15+ games played! we're lagging behind. is someone going to create the club?

have we decided on the name?

Nightz

pheeniks said:
:(

i'll have the game tonight
Yeah we could have played a game and had a real 5-3 score. :lol

Unfortunately I'm a lazy bum and hate swapping discs, so Madden will be in my 360 for a while. My PS3 will get some NHL lovin. :D

FightyF

Banned
I can set up the team once I get the game (tonight or tomorrow hopefully).

I want to figure out how it works, and then post a detailed comprehensive post with all the details so I can get everyone's info in one shot, rather than asking for different things at differnt times.

Here's an example, do we have to pick a position and stick with it? Are we going to use our real names on our players, or forum names? Do we have to choose our numbers? Etc. Getting those answers seperately is a pain.

So to those who are interested in joining, keep posting your GTs here. If anyone grabs the PS3 version I'll make a note of it, just make sure you post in the PS3 team thread to get a spot on that roster.

Anyways, once I get the game, first thing I'll do is figure out the guild mode, and then I'll make a new thread in this Online Matchup forum (I'll post a link from this thread as well).

Shit, If I had the 360 keypad I would setup the guild right now but I don't have the time to type up those names using the onscreen pad... :( Oh well, I'm definitely looking forward to this once it's set up.

For the hell of it, I just created a NeoGaf Believers club to see how the whole thing works. I can't figure out, for the life of me, how to add people... :(

Boo, I just tried to send out invitations and it won't let me! :( I'm going to shut down this league for now just in case I don't have time to send out invites. FightF it looks pretty straightforward. You don't have to select people's positions/numbers and such. Just setup the team and invite everyone on the list in the OP.

woodchuck

there should be a way to search for a team. im looking at the menus right now, and there's a search option.

can you make two players?

- one to use offline and one to use online?

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
pretty sure you can make as many be a pro dudes as you want. though i thought it was weird they asked for my goalie style on my winger

i haven't messed with the online stuff at all though, but i would hope you could choose which guy to go with before each game. that way you wouldn't have to fill out your rosters with specific people who can only play a specific position. it'd suck to have 5 people available but noone with a goalie character to start a game =/

woodchuck

yeah, i played around with it. you can make as many be-a-pro as you want. haven't tried online though.

and holy shit, goalie is tough!

edit- actually. im not entirely sure on the be-a-pro stuff. all this stuff is really confusing :lol

woodchuck

ok. The BeAPro tutorial is pretty good.

According to the tutorial, in the locker room before the online game, you can choose the position.

sefskillz

just did a quick online team game. what a fuckin awesome time. ended up going 7 rounds in a shootout. a lot of fun. the weak goalie play by the users is pretty hilarious. our team ended up taking a ton of penalties and had to play OT down 5 on 3, tons of chaos, skaters flailing out to block shots and a few awesome saves. so much fn fun

woodchuck

sefskillz, send me an invite if you're going to play again

GT: Dr Tim Whatley

god damn it EA. so i joined a quick online team play thing...and the game wouldn't start. we were all in the lobby, chatting, waiting for the game to load, and i guess it froze or something.

Sandman42

woodchuck said:
sefskillz, send me an invite if you're going to play again

GT: Dr Tim Whatley

god damn it EA. so i joined a quick online team play thing...and the game wouldn't start. we were all in the lobby, chatting, waiting for the game to load, and i guess it froze or something.
I experienced the exact same glitch. It froze at a loading screen and then everyone was booted.

woodchuck

i just finished a 6 v6 game.

that was seriously one of the most fun things i've ever played. we won (rangers) 4-3 in OT. I had a goal and the game winning assist (LW).

holy shit. so much fun...when it actually works

Phthisis

sefskillz, invite me if you need another for a team game. I see you playing online right now.

Also, for the GAF team, I made a defensive defenseman in my likeness. No worries, I will protect the back end.

sefskillz

im bailin for the evening but ill be back on tomorrow night. hopefully we'll have our team up then

FightyF

Banned
DoctorWho said:
Shit, If I had the 360 keypad I would setup the guild right now but I don't have the time to type up those names using the onscreen pad... :( Oh well, I'm definitely looking forward to this once it's set up.

USB keyboard works well actually. Got the game a few hours ago but I just got home right now.

Gonna take a peek, set everything up as much as I can tonight, make a new thread in this Online forum, and maybe tomorrow we can set up 6 GAF vs. 6 GAF practice games to build chemistry and plan some plays.

I just hope "The Mighty Dyacks of NeoGAF" actually fits as its 27 characters long. :p

I started be-a-pro offline

Its pronouncing my name with the Swedish accent haha

Got into 3 fights in game 1
Scored 2 goals in game 2

so awesome

FightyF

Banned
Posting from PS3, I don't know how long of a message I can type in here.. :p

I've sent out invites from epik's list, then I went through the thread to make sure I had everyone. epik accidently skipped over two guys probably because they forgot to include their GT as well, but I've attempted to add them.

The end result are 21 failed invitations (it is assumed because you don't have the game yet). And 9 gamertags were not found, meaning that the spelling is wrong or they aren't on Live or something, not sure, but I'll type out the lists here.

9 GamerTags that didn't work
Jazzy Jeff V2K
Kifimbo
blackmamba187 (I also tried blackMamba187, didnt work)
JakOfTheShadows
dollartaco (tried "dollar taco" "Dollartaco" "Dollar Taco" didnt work)
SuperSonic1305 (tried "SuperSonic 1305" also didnt work)
yodathesoda (now, you forgot to post your GT, and I didnt see it in your profile, so I tried this)
X26 (I noticed that you had another GT inyour profile Nidus77...didnt try coz i thot invites cud b limited)

FightyF

Banned
dammit there's a character limit on the PS3, my hunch was right.
not only that, but pressing Alt+delete deletes your whole message
but you gotta press Alt+Enter to make a new line in a message

so I lost the last message, I won't type out all 21 names that were failed invites, Ill assume it has to do with you guys not having the game, I'll try again tomorrow afternoon if i got time but definately in the evening

NOTE THERE IS ONLY ONE SPOT LEFT IN THE ROSTER

anyways if you didnt get an invite yet and DO have the game let me know! I get a failed invite sent for KINGPEN66, but we know you have the game, maybe it has to do with those who have played online or something...but let me know if you have the game and you didnt get the invite

FightyF

Banned
Sorry for making 3 posts here, I had to submit that before I lost that message again. And guess what, I lost this one too. It has to do with typing shift and backspace at teh same time, so i'm not typing shift from this point on. ;p damn cant do a smiley

anyways i wanted to say that the official thread will be made in 2 days as i assume the roster will be finalized by then. in the op there i can keep a calender for stuff, like meetups and practices. i though gaf vs gaf games would be good, but i dont know if its possible to play against yourself. but we could use doctorwho's placeholder team, all join that, and then set up gaf vs gaf matches just so we can take risks, try different things out, stuff like that. we got 50 players...even if have of us show up one night thats 4 teams right there. anyways i gotta check out the features of this online setup, and i should probably check out the game in general heheh.

again sorry mods 4 the 3 msgs i didnt want to lose the msg and there is acharacter restric

Thanks for the invite! Hey, how does everyone get that little face beside their flag? I've taken a picture for my hockey card but nothing has show up.

sefskillz

DoctorWho said:
Thanks for the invite! Hey, how does everyone get that little face beside their flag? I've taken a picture for my hockey card but nothing has show up.
that's your easportsworld avatar or whatever.

just joined the dyacks, thanks for setting that up fighty

FightyF

Banned
Well I saw Jazzy Jeff v2K and SuperSonic1305 on the NeoGAF NHL 09 friends of friends list, and so the spelling is correct. For some reason it doesn't find you guys though.

Thanks X26 I'll add you. I thought maybe you got another GT (some people re-sign for free months of Gold :p).

woodchuck

wow. thanks for the hard work in inviting all of us!

For future reference, I believe if you create a club, we can just search for it and you wont have to go through the trouble of inviting all of us.

MickD

M1ckD's xbox has red ring, Microsoft just got it. Already purchased the game though:( How much longer I got till I'm booted?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Accepted! Let's gets some games going tonight, can't wait to try this out. Also, is the guy I created when I first started the game going to be the one used in the EASHL team?

Doytch

Accepted too. =)

Can you ask for a trade/be moved in Be a Pro mode? My dude's on the Leafs, but they fucking suck.

FightyF

Banned
dollartaco said:
hey Fighty, don't know what to tell you regarding my name. I've been playing the game and dollar taco is my GT...

http://gamercard.xbox.com/Dollar Taco.card

blackMamba1187 said:
I still want in...GT blackMamba187

Yeah it looks like your GTs are correct, but it just wasn't working. I'll try again later tonight.

Marvie_3 said:
Is there any way I can request jersey #5 ?

I have to figure that stuff out, I was assuming that it would take our online BAP #s, and then let me know if there is a collision. Just go with the number you have on your BAP for now.

MickD said:
M1ckD's xbox has red ring, Microsoft just got it. Already purchased the game though:( How much longer I got till I'm booted?

Console failure + the fact that you let us know = never be booted

I think we'll look at booting only when the team has a lot of demand over and above the roster of 50 (say the waiting list has 10 hardcore players who want to get in) and in a month or two's time if we find that some players can't make it as regularly as needed. Hopefully it doesn't get to that situation!

Union Carbine said:
I'd like in. I'll have the game either tonight or tomorrow. GT = "Union Carbine"

Ok, you've taken the final position, the team is currently full.

BigJonsson said:
I didn't get an invite yet

BigJonsson25

Spell it right :p

yeah I did and it found your name, but failed to send the invite though, I'll try them all again tonight.

woodchuck said:
wow. thanks for the hard work in inviting all of us!

For future reference, I believe if you create a club, we can just search for it and you wont have to go through the trouble of inviting all of us.

It wasn't hard at all with a USB keyboard, but what made it hard was the fact that I had my PS3 on this thread, and my 360 ready for inputting stuff. My remote for my projector was low on batteries, so switching inputs meant me standing up and pointing it at the projector and mashing down on the button each time. :lol

Thanks for the advice, if anyone didn't get an invite yet and wants to search for the team, the name is "The Mighty Dyacks".

Also...

What jersey should we use for our team?

Right now it's default to the Ducks Jersey, and the game allows you to use any current jersey in the game (I would have loved the original Mighty Ducks jersey, but it's not there).

I'm not familiar with the European league jerseys (I know some are awesome though). I flipped through the logos and there were some decent ones with no writing, just big fat logos. But I was thinking that someone here familiar with the jerseys can pick one that has the proper color scheme? Anything with a lot of orange in it?

Oh and what's getting me a lot of cheap goals in BAP offline:
As a left handed skater I skate down the right wing along the boards, skate up along the goal line, and then shoot it short side top corner. The goalie usually falls and it's an easy goal. If it's a standup goalie, try just going five hole. You're so close that the goalie can't react. It works in All Star (never tried anything higher).

Whether it works online depends on whether their D men won't press you on the boards, get in your way as you skate up the goal line towards the net, and whether the goalie reacts prematurely.

Top Bottom