• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogafs Official NHL 09 GUILD (Xbox360 Sign Up Thread)

I'm pretty sure it just uses our BAP jersey number so we don't have to worry about stuff like that. I assume that it will try to position you at your preferred position but if there is no space you will be moved to another spot.

Also, there was one jersey with a helmet on it that looked kind of neat. It is in one of the European leagues I believe.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
alright, im in for the rest of the evening and ive got enough coffee to get me to the early morning. let's get some team games going!

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
I'll be playing. GT: QVT

I'm aware the GAF team is full, I expect a few people wont actually be playing.

Yusaku

I'll be on tonight. I played a pubbie game and we lost 12-2. Of course they were the 100th anniverssary habs team.

EDIT: waiting in the dressing room

sefskillz

QVT said:
Sitting here watching you guys enjoy yourselves :(
is the team full? i think we just need fightyf to hop on when he gets a chance so he can send you an invite

ill be back on in like 20 minutes guys... im gonna need another fix though, scoring my first goal was a rush and daddy needs some more action

woodchuck said:
i got kicked out too. we're in the Dressing room again (have 6 guys), but still cant find a game

I enter the dressing room and I'm all alone. :( I guess only 6 guys can be in the dressing room. That makes sense.

purg3 is in here with me now.

EDIT: Does our record still say 0-0-0 for everyone else?

Yusaku

Yeah I see 0-0-0, but you can still see the games in the team's history. If you have the game email stats to you after the game it's all zeros and shit too.

Crosbyface took a beating and kept on scoring.

X26

Banned
Oh man sorry guys :lol

While I full heartedly admit I suck in net...I think the controls don't help much. Movement is too sensitive, making manual saves screws yo uover half the time, and for some reason the goalie constantly rotates so their back is facing the side boards

...never again!

Sandman42

Sorry guys, I was the center and I couldn't win any draws due to my character's poor faceoff stat. It didn't matter when I hit the button I would always lose. :(

It was still fun playing with you guys. Let's do it again soon!

FightyF

Banned
SuperSonic1305 said:
I'm in NHL09 right now. Can I get an invite? It says there are only 16 members.

Just sent it and it worked this time.

Sent another one to Dollar Taco and it went through.

Union Carbine took the last spot, but we'll have to see in the next couple of days who can and can't make it. I'll have to send some PMs too because I don't think some people realized this got moved over to the "Online forum".

So QVT we'll have a waiting list right now and you're first on it.

I'll try to send out PMs right when I get back (heading out now, gonna leave my 360 on though so feel free to send me a message over that (GT: TerraRhythm)), it's a shame to have you sitting around and not playing QVT, when at this time it'd be nice to have as many players on as we can.

Waiting list:
QVT

woodchuck said:
:(

it's tough when the other team has a computer controlled goalie

Should have tried my money goal trick. :)

X26 said:

While I full heartedly admit I suck in net...I think the controls don't help much. Movement is too sensitive, making manual saves screws yo uover half the time, and for some reason the goalie constantly rotates so their back is facing the side boards

...never again!

I'm gonna try playing goalie offline a whole whackload of times before I try online! Though at this point I'm sure no one wants to be goalie. heheh.

Anyways, trying to send out invites again, and I'll be out in 15 minutes, should be back in a couple of hours and I hope to play a few games.

Sandman42 said:
Sorry guys, I was the center and I couldn't win any draws due to my character's poor faceoff stat. It didn't matter when I hit the button I would always lose. :(

It was still fun playing with you guys. Let's do it again soon!

no worries. I was playing right D and bit haaaaaaaard on a fake pass and left the guy wide open for a goal. just need to play more!

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Mind letting me in now and I'll drop out if by some miracle all 50 people who signed up buy and show up for it?

woodchuck

X26 said:

...never again!

don't worry about it. i think on one of their goals, i screened you

sefskillz

man i can't figure these dressing rooms out. i was in one with purg and like 3 other guys, i backed out and came back in and was in a room with someone else. that and it seems like when we have a team with over 3 or 4 players, you can no longer hear some people talk

woodchuck said:
it's tough when the other team has a computer controlled goalie
truth! i guess i assumed they would match you against other teams with an equal # of players... seems like a team of 3 or 4 with no goalie has an advantage over a team of 6 with a goalie.

FightyF

Banned
Some went through and some didn't...I'm gonna have to do some research on EA's forums when I get back. for example, KINGPEN66 is on my friends list and I so I know the spelling is correct. We know he has the game because it's there on his achievements thingy. Yet it said "Fail to send invite".

I have to go somewhere tonight, if I don't go tonight then I gotta go tomorrow night (and I wanted to play this during tomorrow night). Decisions...

If you see me on live in the next 15 mins that means I'm game for tonight.

purgeface I made you a GM as well, if last year was any indication you'll be playing this quite a bit heheh. Don't remember seeing you play anything other than a hockey game for the most part.

X26

Banned
It's fun when it works, but damn it takes way too long to find games. Last game I got to play was great though, me (C) and justgarde (D) go down 2 goals (the 2nd one because our goalie for some reason ran away, litteraly, as the puck went toward him) and end up winning 3-2 in epic fashion

Wonder when it'll update the team's record

purg3

slept with Malkin
FightyF said:
purgeface I made you a GM as well, if last year was any indication you'll be playing this quite a bit heheh. Don't remember seeing you play anything other than a hockey game for the most part.

Sounds good.

Fucking figures, I backed out of the dressing room to check something after wait 20+ minutes for a game, and then the game starts... Anyway I'll be waiting in there if anyone jumps on.

sefskillz

we heard someone on another team say if you play a team with less than 3 people, it doesn't count. i dunno how true that is.. and i guess the record not going beyond 0-0-0 isn't really helping determine how true that is

Phthisis

X26 said:
It's fun when it works, but damn it takes way too long to find games. Last game I got to play was great though, me (C) and justgarde (D) go down 2 goals (the 2nd one because our goalie for some reason ran away, litteraly, as the puck went toward him) and end up winning 3-2 in epic fashion

Wonder when it'll update the team's record

Man that was such an awesome game. I was all yelling in excitement when I scored the game winner on that power play :D

Also, QVT was saying that in order to get into the same dressing room with your teammates, you have to go to My Club >> Press X to enter dressing room. Don't know how true that is, but it worked when I did it.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Well, that was fun while it lasted. Hopefully we have better luck actually connecting to matches tomorrow. GG to everyone I played with tonight, that shit was fun. :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Hey I got a friend request today and I accidentally erased it. If that was someone from this thread I'm sorry. Send it again.

How do I sign up on the team? Is there still room for me?

Yusaku

I can't be the only one who's noticed a HUGE bug in Be a Pro offline where you can't get off the ice for a line change, right? The CPU will take over your character and will just run around until the whistle blows.

FightyF

Banned
Truelize said:
Hey I got a friend request today and I accidentally erased it. If that was someone from this thread I'm sorry. Send it again.

How do I sign up on the team? Is there still room for me?

Yeah I sent out an invite yesterday night. It still lists you there waiting for your response. As far as how to check the invites, I'm not sure because I'm the one dishing them out but haven't got one.

Yusaku said:
I can't be the only one who's noticed a HUGE bug in Be a Pro offline where you can't get off the ice for a line change, right? The CPU will take over your character and will just run around until the whistle blows.

Yeah I noticed that once.

Well

I won't be on XBL this weekend when I'm out of town so don't use my spot on the team yet, I'm so in for this and was one of the first to sign up :p

Just checked and no invite, unless its hidden in the game somewhere

Top Bottom