• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Post Pictures of Yourself Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitewulf

-jinx- said:
+1 for the brick-colored shirt
-20 for pairing it with a shiny blue tie

Yeah, dressing conservatively is probably the way to go when you're looking for a job. However, white shirt with black tie -- especially with a black suit! -- will make you look like a funeral director or a mobster. I'd recommend a gray suit with a white shirt and a TASTEFUL tie. A light blue shirt is also a nice combination with a gray suit. Another color combo to consider is an olive green suit with a white or off-white (even a light shade of yellow) shirt. I tend to not like navy-colored suits, but your mileage may vary.

heh, thanx for the advice. i do have some other ties that are more subtle, i preffer a single color tie basically, dark silver, grey etc.

here's me:

Picture.jpg

edit:

i'm the one on the right... just in case.

jarrod

Banned
john tv said:
I'm the white boy.
You look pretty tan to me.

Suerte said:
Thanks. I look younger than I am. :)

Fifty said:
Now I know why Jarod's into portable gaming....The dude's always passed out! The only system for a guy like him is one you can fit into your pocket :D
Heh, guess what's in the Case Logic.

Socreges said:
jarrod's been a "member" for some time, having mentioned it a few times in the past. He just doesn't flaunt it like a select few around here. Much respect.
It's probably because I rarely stumble into OT... can't flaunt sexuality too much when you're making GBA lists or pimping Majora's Mask. :)

Mason said:
Suerte, are you actually keeping count or is that a made up number? I want to see this list pronto.
Seconded... I can think of like six or seven? :/

3phemeral

eggplant said:
Just ask the lab tech for it. I've met people who are a bit stingy on the DI but some labs aren't. I use DI like mad in my lab. I even leave it on to just rinse (flood) off some glassware and the techs don't say anything at all.

My venus flytrap and pitcher plant lasted a while and seemed to thrive. But I got busy and neglected it.. and it died. :(

Carolina supposedly can get as hot as Socal. However, I read that us Socal people need to put the plants into the refrigerator to simulate the winter conditions. The plastic that comes with the plant is supposed to help with the humidity too, but I live in the coastal region so it doesn't get too dry.

I suppose, I can try it. We'll see if I can grab a hold of someone without any problems arising from the tech staff. Summer time is usually when they offer the least amount of lab access hours, so it'd be difficult to fit it in my schedule when I can lug a few containers down and steal a few.

Oh, my venus flytrap died, too. I forgot to water it the other day, and it stayed next to the window sill for a good 3 days dehydrating in the sun. By the time I found it, it was too late to resurrect. My friends growing a bunch, so I'm not too worried, she's always willing to donate a few to my cause. :) My cobra lillies are doing fine.. I doubt I'd be able to get those suckers up to their 5 foot max height, but 1 foot should suffice until I get my own place. Maybe I can experiment with a makeshift bog garden somewhere around the house.

Concerning the dormant period, it really depends on what species you have. Some require a dormancy period of up to three months, while others can survive without the sleep. Most require the dormancy during november-april months... preferably a 3 month period sometime between there. I usually spray the plant with some fungicide, keep the pot moist -- not damp -- and wrap it in a plastic bag tightly, leaving it near the back of the fridge where it won't be disturbed. Should be fine when you pull it out, but keep track of it while it's bagged in there :)

CVXFREAK said:
Are you Pnoy?

I'm mixed. Filipino/Spanish/Aztec Indian/Samoan =) You're flip?

Alcibiades

Tritroid said:
Dude, you were totally my hero back in the day. I never paid attention to any EGM reviews unless they were written by you.

*salutes*

kinda hero for me too since he translated games in Japan I just thought that was so cool and since I love Japan's games and stuff after seeing he lived over there, well I kinda made it a goal for me as well... and that was before I knew about "johnTV" on GAF, mostly I known him a bit from EGM and his website when hosted by thegia.com

I don't even remember how I heard about him online, but it wasn't GAF cause I hadn't discovered it yet... I just remember he would post sales data from Japan on his site, and me being a sales nut, I thought that was cool...

This was all before even knowing about the sales mecca GAF...

Suerte

Nope, I'm keeping an actual list, the number of gayming agers has exploded since NeoGAF started! I'd post the list, but I don't know how those on it would feel about it :p

p.s. Meier is hot.

Mason

Suerte said:
Nope, I'm keeping an actual list, the number of gayming agers has exploded since NeoGAF started! I'd post the list, but I don't know how those on it would feel about it :p

p.s. Meier is hot.

Well, if they posted it on the board I don't think they'll mind too much.

OR, you could just PM me. Curiousity is killing me.

Travado

sefskillz said:
incoming...

mirror.jpg

and a close up of my weird right eye

eye-closeup.jpg

I know how you feel, dude! I have the same weird eye too!
crying.gif
My eyes are green, but the right one has a brown band in one of the sides of the eye, but different of you, is in the middle, not bottom! Weird!
crying.gif

I thought that I was the only one to have this! But what a coincidence between you and I: both right eyes, both greens, both brown bands! This is an anomaly or something?
blink.gif

Desperado

Defensor said:
Glad to see another mixed Filipino on GAF. That's three so far with me and Laguna X :)

whoo I'm 1/2 filipino! [other 1/2 is white] argh stupid parents named me Phillip, always get the same stupid ass remark..."Did they name you PHILLIP cuz of the PHILIPPINES?? hHAHAHAHA"...morons.

I'd post a pic, but the digi cam is at home. Oh, and the fact that I'm probably the youngest member on these boards kinda scares me. =/

Ristamar

Yeah, I tend to hear that sort of thing from time to time since I'm a big Nirvana fan, and I have the same first name...

Hawksley

I completely pictured you different, Suerte. Nice, though. I think this calls for a Suerte Appreciation thread.

Suerte

Hawksley said:
I completely pictured you different, Suerte. Nice, though. I think this calls for a Suerte Appreciation thread.

I appreciate the thought but I felt more comfortable with my pics in between everyone else's, not all on their own at the top of a thread :p Too fugly.

Ronabo

This is myself recently taken at the Newport Aquarium. It's in northen Kentucky right across from Cincinnati.

Myself.JPG

Arrr! I'm a pirate!

3pheMeraLmiX said:
I suppose, I can try it. We'll see if I can grab a hold of someone without any problems arising from the tech staff. Summer time is usually when they offer the least amount of lab access hours, so it'd be difficult to fit it in my schedule when I can lug a few containers down and steal a few.

Oh, my venus flytrap died, too. I forgot to water it the other day, and it stayed next to the window sill for a good 3 days dehydrating in the sun. By the time I found it, it was too late to resurrect. My friends growing a bunch, so I'm not too worried, she's always willing to donate a few to my cause. :) My cobra lillies are doing fine.. I doubt I'd be able to get those suckers up to their 5 foot max height, but 1 foot should suffice until I get my own place. Maybe I can experiment with a makeshift bog garden somewhere around the house.

Concerning the dormant period, it really depends on what species you have. Some require a dormancy period of up to three months, while others can survive without the sleep. Most require the dormancy during november-april months... preferably a 3 month period sometime between there. I usually spray the plant with some fungicide, keep the pot moist -- not damp -- and wrap it in a plastic bag tightly, leaving it near the back of the fridge where it won't be disturbed. Should be fine when you pull it out, but keep track of it while it's bagged in there :)

I'm mixed. Filipino/Spanish/Aztec Indian/Samoan =) You're flip?

Just curious, what school is that?

Suete: :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom