• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Post Pictures of Yourself Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Atrex said:
here i am from a couple angles taken about 2 seconds ago, dont make too much fun of me :)

me2.jpg

Red Eyes, Red Eyes, either the bottom left picture has something to do with it, or you'e been smoking.

Adelgary owes us some pictures now.

For the record, I haven't posted a picture of myself on the boards in many many months. It's funny because I used to be one of "attention whores" in every Post Pictures of Yourself threads in the past, but I haven't participated in one in ages.

3phemeral

aku:jiki said:
That's cool, man. I just thought it looked kind of funny, the way it looks like there's a really strong light completely bathing that plant in light. (Like said jamaican crops.)

I'm actually getting into the latter lately, and it's pretty fun. I could see myself getting into like, I don't know, growing my own tomatoes or something for fun too. I'm completely fascinated by how my babies are growing and evolving.

No worries, I wasn't offended :) I've always been interested with plants and animals, it just makes it easier for me to get into it because my friend is a bio major who loves to compete with me on the best growing, best-looking, largest crop, of anything. Right now I'm trying to finish up my carnivorous plant terrarium, but I need a larger tank than the 10 gallon one. Di water is pretty hard to steel from the faucets on campus, too, so it's a little tedius.

3pheMeraLmiX said:
No worries, I wasn't offended :) I've always been interested with plants and animals, it just makes it easier for me to get into it because my friend is a bio major who loves to compete with me on the best growing, best-looking, largest crop, of anything. Right now I'm trying to finish up my carnivorous plant terrarium, but I need a larger tank than the 10 gallon one. Di water is pretty hard to steel from the faucets on campus, too, so it's a little tedius.

Carnivorous plants aren't that hard are they? I heard that they need like only one or two bugs a year, if at all.

DI isn't hard to get if you are a bio major :p

Tritroid

adelgary said:
For the record, I haven't posted a picture of myself on the boards in many many months. It's funny because I used to be one of "attention whores" in every Post Pictures of Yourself threads in the past, but I haven't participated in one in ages.
Well I never got to see those back then. So post a pic in this one.

mattx5

The funniest pic I've seen of you John was that one in EGM where they photoshopped a Star Trek insignia onto your shirt :p

Hmmm, I guess I'll have to find some pics of myself to post, or take some today. Now that I've replied in the thread there's no escape!

3phemeral

eggplant said:
Carnivorous plants aren't that hard are they? I heard that they need like only one or two bugs a year, if at all.

DI isn't hard to get if you are a bio major :p

I'm not a Bio major, so walking in and grabbing gallons of Di water seems a little suspicious when the lab techs don't recognize me. :p I can try, though. As for the carn. Plants, they're not too difficult, but for optimal conditions they need plenty of Di water, cool root base, high humidity, bright filtered light, and non-fertilized soil. Cobra Lillies are native to northern California marsh lands, so southern California’s dry heat and summer temperatures work against it for the most part. Venus flytraps are native to Carolina and require similar environmental setups. You can feed the plants once or twice a week a few small insects, but too much will burn the plan and too little will stunt development, though they can survive without it. My friend is propagating Sundews and has a few of them flowering, so I'll steal a few when I get the chance to.

I remember reading a site where someone fed their Venus flytrap a piece of their toe flesh to test the strength of its digestive juices... it dissolved most of it -- asides from the fat -- and thoroughly grossed me out. It temporarily put the plant out of commission for a while, though. Too much protein ^_^

Dujour

Banned
Dyne said:
Grad-2004-008.jpg

Grad-2004-005.jpg

Expensive grad suit: $1500
Ride in a Viper to the dance: $200
Ticket to grad: $80
Playing Gameboy Advance SP on the dancefloor and still be able to mack chicks: Priceless.
How's it feel to control the universe?

Atrex

No that was a picture taken through the mirror and it was obviously dirty with water or toothpaste stains, and my eyes are red because i have been working with concrete a lot lately and they are really dry from getting all of that shit in them.

Boogie

Seeing if 20megsfree is in a good mood.....

me-resized.jpg

Shamelessly ripping off the "Taking a picture of myself in the bathroom mirror" routine.

jarrod

Banned
Hmm, my GAF debut...

2_03_2004%20018.jpg

...boyfriend snapped it while we were asleep on a friend's floor in Miami Beach. Only pic I've got on this computer unfortunately.

3pheMeraLmiX said:
I'm not a Bio major, so walking in and grabbing gallons of Di water seems a little suspicious when the lab techs don't recognize me. :p I can try, though. As for the carn. Plants, they're not too difficult, but for optimal conditions they need plenty of Di water, cool root base, high humidity, bright filtered light, and non-fertilized soil. Cobra Lillies are native to northern California marsh lands, so southern California’s dry heat and summer temperatures work against it for the most part. Venus flytraps are native to Carolina and require similar environmental setups. You can feed the plants once or twice a week a few small insects, but too much will burn the plan and too little will stunt development, though they can survive without it. My friend is propagating Sundews and has a few of them flowering, so I'll steal a few when I get the chance to.

I remember reading a site where someone fed their Venus flytrap a piece of their toe flesh to test the strength of its digestive juices... it dissolved most of it -- asides from the fat -- and thoroughly grossed me out. It temporarily put the plant out of commission for a while, though. Too much protein ^_^

Just ask the lab tech for it. I've met people who are a bit stingy on the DI but some labs aren't. I use DI like mad in my lab. I even leave it on to just rinse (flood) off some glassware and the techs don't say anything at all.

My venus flytrap and pitcher plant lasted a while and seemed to thrive. But I got busy and neglected it.. and it died. :(

Carolina supposedly can get as hot as Socal. However, I read that us Socal people need to put the plants into the refrigerator to simulate the winter conditions. The plastic that comes with the plant is supposed to help with the humidity too, but I live in the coastal region so it doesn't get too dry.

Suerte

jarrod said:
Hmm, my GAF debut...

2_03_2004%20018.jpg

...boyfriend snapped it while we were asleep on a friend's floor in Miami Beach. Only pic I've got on this computer unfortunately.

Cute! :D

Also, gayming age just became 26 members!!111!

Boogie

BuddyChrist83 said:
skinny 16 year old with oversized t-shirt and short hair

DAMMIT, HOW DO I GIVE OFF THAT "SKINNY TEENAGER" VIBE?????!!!!

I mean, I'm not Alphasnake, guys. When I do the whole, "I could kick your guys asses" routine it's not just a lame fantasy shtick from a skinny wimp ;P

Maybe I'll need a Kinesis-esque avatar so people don't keep getting that image in their heads :p

Meier said:
jonscruffy.jpg

Thinking I might try and grow a beard just to see how I like it.. just took this a few minutes ago.
What kind of glasses are those? I could've sworn I tried on a pair exactly like that in an optical shop.

Fifty

Now I know why Jarod's into portable gaming....The dude's always passed out! The only system for a guy like him is one you can fit into your pocket :D

Socreges

Banned
jarrod's been a "member" for some time, having mentioned it a few times in the past. He just doesn't flaunt it like a select few around here. Much respect.

nitewulf

heres another one of me, im dressed up because i just came back from a job fair. thought might as well take a few pictures since i was dressed up. i dont have a white shirt and a black tie, so im always wearing other colors while job hunting, may be thats why i havent been able to find myself a job yet, ;)

IMG_0344.jpg

Socreges said:
jarrod's been a "member" for some time, having mentioned it a few times in the past. He just doesn't flaunt it like a select few around here. Much respect.
Sad that I initially assumed you were talking about junior member status.

cvxfreak

3pheMeraLmiX said:
AnF --> Abercrombie, mainly because you could probably pass for the AnF model-type. It's not a diss, unless you consider being commercially attractive a negative attribute. o_O hehe

My lips are naturally like that, though. If I pursed my lips they'd be much fatter and a lil' strange. Perhaps If I had the courage to post a pic like that, I would, just to prove a point... but I don't feel like making myself look like an idiot today ^_~

Are you Pnoy?

Dilbert

nitewulf said:
heres another one of me, im dressed up because i just came back from a job fair. thought might as well take a few pictures since i was dressed up. i dont have a white shirt and a black tie, so im always wearing other colors while job hunting, may be thats why i havent been able to find myself a job yet, ;)
+1 for the brick-colored shirt
-20 for pairing it with a shiny blue tie

Yeah, dressing conservatively is probably the way to go when you're looking for a job. However, white shirt with black tie -- especially with a black suit! -- will make you look like a funeral director or a mobster. I'd recommend a gray suit with a white shirt and a TASTEFUL tie. A light blue shirt is also a nice combination with a gray suit. Another color combo to consider is an olive green suit with a white or off-white (even a light shade of yellow) shirt. I tend to not like navy-colored suits, but your mileage may vary.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
ballhog said:
Allright, here I come! Assuming this free crap works.

smoky.jpg

Yay!

Gaming Age has a new Serial Killer! :)

No longer is the curse mine alone... :p

ooooh.jpg

Freeburn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom