• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Super Bash Sisters Tournament! 3DS ver. | No Males, Femme Fatales Only

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
you're not supposed to know?

no really, I don't understand this question, there is no character lock throughout the whole tournament

Normally characters are part of the counter pick process (winner bans stage, loser picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character). But online you are kind of forced into double blind unless you communicate it with your opponent. Granted, stages are the same way.

Yoshi's Island: Nabster92 (Rosalina) vs Hyperactivity (Sheik
Yoshi's Island (CP) Nabster92 (Rosalina) vs Hyperactivity (Sheik)

GG, you played well

Normally characters are part of the counter pick process (winner bans stage, loser picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character). But online you are kind of forced into double blind unless you communicate it with your opponent. Granted, stages are the same way.

oh I thought it was about switching characters between rounds as in with different opponents entirely, not between matches :p

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
oh I thought it was about switching characters between rounds as in with different opponents entirely, not between matches :p

Maybe he did, that was the only thing I could think of that he might have meant though. Only those crazy Nintendo tourneys lock you into a character.

I'll be home early today so updates should happen with the quickness later on.
Yoshi's Island: Nabster92 (Rosalina) vs Hyperactivity (Sheik
Yoshi's Island (CP) Nabster92 (Rosalina) vs Hyperactivity (Sheik)

GG, you played well
I saw this and was confused as fuck, but realized you were commenting about yesterday. :x

justchris

Just had my match with StayDead, he won 2-0.

Battlefield: StayDead (Lucina) vs justchris (Zelda)
Arena Ferox: StayDead (Lucina) vs justchris (Zelda)

SuperSah

Banned
SuperSah vs Astrogamer:

Lucina (SuperSah) vs Peach (Astrogamer) - Yoshi's Island - SuperSah wins
Lucina (SuperSah) vs Peach (Astrogamer) - Battlefield - SuperSah wins

Two won out of the total of three.

Great games, Astro! Surprised I even won! :D

StayDead

Good games. As I said in PM we'll have to play again sometime, I don't come across too many Zelda players :>

SuperSah vs Astrogamer:

Lucina (SuperSah) vs Peach (Astrogamer) - Yoshi's Island - SuperSah wins
Lucina (SuperSah) vs Peach (Astrogamer) - Battlefield - SuperSah wins

Two won out of the total of three.

Great games, Astro! Surprised I even won! :D

updated

chip123

If i don't get my match done with Speedwagon today, just kick me from the tourney. I'm working basically all weekend starting tomorrow morning so i just won't have time :(

NoctisLuna (Zero Suit Samus) vs Moonlight (F. Robin) - Battle Field 1-0
NoctisLuna (Zero Suit Samus) vs Moonlight (F. Robin) - Final Destination 2-0

Moonlight

Banned
ROUND 1: Robin (Moonlight) vs Zero Suit Samus (NoctisLuna) - Battlefield - NoctisLuna wins
BATTLE REPORT: Total blow out in favour of Noctis. His ZSS is all over me and the whip is cancelling like half my projectiles. I lose my last stock when I try to airdodge cancel a mid-air Thunder tome charge too late and SD. RIP in peace me.

ROUND 2: Robin (Moonlight) vs Zero Suit Samus (NoctisLuna) - Final Destination - NoctisLuna wins
BATTLE REPORT: A little more even this time, but not much more. We're stock even for a bit, but eventually I'm on my last stock and Noctis is way ahead. I rally, and manage to take two stocks off Noctis before he goes Super Saiyan and JV 2-stocks me.

AND THE WINNER IS: NoctisLuna (2-0)
CONCLUSION: Moonlight is blown the fuck out.

Good games, Noctis!

I suppose it's off to Loser's Bracket for me, heh.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Speedwagon (Wii Fit Trainer) vs. chip123 (Samus) | Battlefield
Speedwagon (Wii Fit Trainer) vs. chip123 (Zero Suit Samus) | Battlefield

Unfortunate lag SD on the last stock of match 2. Otherwise, good games.

Masked Man

I said wow
Round 1: Masked Man (Palutena) vs Josephl64 (Rosalina & Luma) on Reset Bomb Forest Ω
Round 2: Masked Man (Palutena) vs Josephl64 (Lucina) on Final Destination

Good games, man!
3AQmK.gif

emb

Reporting match:

Game 1: EMB (Sheik) vs Jrs3000 (Mii Brawler) on Final Destination
Game 2: EMB (Sheik) vs Jrs3000 (Samus) on Final Destination

ROUND 1: Robin (Moonlight) vs Zero Suit Samus (NoctisLuna) - Battlefield - NoctisLuna wins
BATTLE REPORT: Total blow out in favour of Noctis. His ZSS is all over me and the whip is cancelling like half my projectiles. I lose my last stock when I try to airdodge cancel a mid-air Thunder tome charge too late and SD. RIP in peace me.

ROUND 2: Robin (Moonlight) vs Zero Suit Samus (NoctisLuna) - Final Destination - NoctisLuna wins
BATTLE REPORT: A little more even this time, but not much more. We're stock even for a bit, but eventually I'm on my last stock and Noctis is way ahead. I rally, and manage to take two stocks off Noctis before he goes Super Saiyan and JV 2-stocks me.

AND THE WINNER IS: NoctisLuna (2-0)
CONCLUSION: Moonlight is blown the fuck out.

Good games, Noctis!

I suppose it's off to Loser's Bracket for me, heh.

What a post game analysis lol. Anyway thank you and i would like to play again sometime.

3 more matches!

nobody has found Poltergust in either tournament lately, and where's the other guys?

it would have been funny if you used Rosalina, NoctisLuna :p

3 more matches!

nobody has found Poltergust in either tournament lately, and where's the other guys?

it would have been funny if you used Rosalina, NoctisLuna :p

?

I've been in contact with my opponents in both tournaments lol. We just haven't had a chance to arrange our matches until this weekend.

Metaroo and I will have our match today... we haven't been able to play until now because of our schedules / time zone differences. Please be patient with us. ;__;

Sorry, I've been busy all day with the move and I still will be for today as well.

But Dimitri LH/VGM will now be replaced by Falawful/georgetheplushie, due to VGM having not appeared, and internet issues with Dimitri LH.

I have work all day into the night, but I'll check for results every hour.

Also I'm pretty sure the deadline is up for round 1, sans replacements, so round 2 and Loser's round 1 is a go.

?

I've been in contact with my opponents in both tournaments lol. We just haven't had a chance to arrange our matches until this weekend.

You should let me know, or at least post in the thread of your troubles. I dropped myself for you! Lol.

Metaroo and I will have our match today... we haven't been able to play until now because of our schedules / time zone differences. Please be patient with us. ;__;

Completely understandable, just please get them in today.

So, you won't be able to get me a cookie now? :(

I'm not moving out of state! XD

Metaroo

I am really sorry about the inconvenience OTL
I had to take my little sister to a school event, so I won't be back for a bit. I'll message you as soon as I'm able to play again D:

If Jackal27 could PM me their friendcode or whatever so we're ready for our match when the time comes, that'd be super handy :3

KHlover pls, I'll do it myself then

KHlover (Lucina) - Poltergust (Zelda) (Battlefield)
KHlover (Lucina) - Poltergust (Zelda) (Final Destination)

Poltergust wins 2-0

Spinosaurus (Jigglypuff) - Escalario (Samus) (Battlefield)
Spinosaurus (Jigglypuff) - Escalario (Samus) (Omega Mushroomy Kingdom)

Spinosaurus wins 2-0

Nabster92

Nabster92 vs Anth0ny:

Round 1: Nabster92 (Rosalina) vs Anth0ny(Sheik) on Yoshi's Island
Round 2: Nabster92 (Rosalina) vs Anth0ny(Sheik) on Battlefield

Nabster92 wins 2-0

Anth0ny

Anth0ny (Sheik) - Nabster92 (Rosalina) (Yoshi's Island)
Anth0ny (Sheik) - Nabster92 (Rosalina) (Battlefield)

Nabster92 wins 2-0

Top Bottom