• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEOGEO Station |OT| Bringing the 100 Mega Suck to PSN and PSP (Now with shit netcode)

Theonik

Good, now give me Metal Slug X, 2 and 3.
And the more samsho and KoF. These updates are really agonising

Tizoc

Fersis said:
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '95 and BASEBALL STARS 2 to be released today. (Both PSP and PS3)

They have a facebook too... Fersis coming to Facebook?

KOF95 will be bought tonight. So bought.
Meh, will get it off my friend's account if he buys it.

What's the difference between MS X and 2?

Galdelico said:
I would follow you right now Fersis, but I have a question before buying anything from the NGS.

I noticed that all the american reviews of KoF94 show a terribly censored version of the game... No blood and no Mai's bounce (I guess no ripping clothes either), like back in the days.
So I assume that the other games I'de be interested in (Samurai Spirits and Metal Slug) are censored too... I'm european, and there's no way I can try some demo of those titles, so I don't know if they are edited or not.

Do you - or any of you guys from EU - know if they are, and (if so) if there's a way to actually play the uncensored japanese originals?

I remember that - on XBOX Live - it was possible to change the console language to japanese, in order to switch from edited to uncut... Did anyone try the trick on PS3 as well?

I already own the import Neo Geo Online Collection volumes, and use them on my japanese PS2, but I can't run them on my PS3, that's why I ask you. I would gladly double (triple) dip, if I was sure there's a way to play this stuff without censorship.

Thanks in advance. :)

Haven't tried it on 94, but on Metal Slug you could select the Japanese version of the game and it had red blood. Neo Geo carts had both versions of the game on them and depending on what region system you were playing it on it would have differences. It should work on PS3

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Galdelico said:
I would follow you right now Fersis, but I have a question before buying anything from the NGS.

I noticed that all the american reviews of KoF94 show a terribly censored version of the game... No blood and no Mai's bounce (I guess no ripping clothes either), like back in the days.
So I assume that the other games I'de be interested in (Samurai Spirits and Metal Slug) are censored too... I'm european, and there's no way I can try some demo of those titles, so I don't know if they are edited or not.

Do you - or any of you guys from EU - know if they are, and (if so) if there's a way to actually play the uncensored japanese originals?

I remember that - on XBOX Live - it was possible to change the console language to japanese, in order to switch from edited to uncut... Did anyone try the trick on PS3 as well?

I already own the import Neo Geo Online Collection volumes, and use them on my japanese PS2, but I can't run them on my PS3, that's why I ask you. I would gladly double (triple) dip, if I was sure there's a way to play this stuff without censorship.

Thanks in advance. :)
Good question. Dunno the answer, maybe someone from EU GAF?

Tizoc

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Different weapons, different bosses, bunch of other stuff.
Mostly the same game otherwise.
Hmm I think some of the elements in stages were changed in MSX.

Oh and I have the EU ver. of KoF 94, and you just press Select I think and change the region from there to Japan and it'll be uncensored.

Tizoc said:
Hmm I think some of the elements in stages were changed in MSX.
Yeah some of the enemies were changed around with a few new additions tossed in. Stage 2 had the mummified dogs, aliens showing up earlier than stage 6, etc.

Honestly I hated MSX.

Galdelico

patrickthehedgehog said:
Haven't tried it on 94, but on Metal Slug you could select the Japanese version of the game and it had red blood. Neo Geo carts had both versions of the game on them and depending on what region system you were playing it on it would have differences. It should work on PS3
Exactly, that's what I meant.

Thank you so much for the tip, Patrick... At this point I may bet 9 euros on KoF94 and give it a try.

GrayFoxPL

Fersis said:
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '95 and BASEBALL STARS 2 to be released today. (Both PSP and PS3)

They have a facebook too... Fersis coming to Facebook?

KOF95 will be bought tonight. So bought.

KOF 95 is the best KOF ever made! Best stages. Best characters. Best moves. Best music. Best Rugal. Best damage.

Tizoc

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Yeah some of the enemies were changed around with a few new additions tossed in. Stage 2 had the mummified dogs, aliens showing up earlier than stage 6, etc.

Honestly I hated MSX.
Awww why's that?
I love MSX, I had it on PSX and me, my brothers and cousins would have a blast playing it.

galvatron

Tizoc said:
Meh, will get it off my friend's account if he buys it.

What's the difference between MS X and 2?
Metal Slug 2 also has tons of slowdown. The whole game is practically in bullet-time...Metal slug X fixes the slowdown and changes the levels/bosses a bit in ways that you mostly appreciate only if you've played through Metal Slug 2. Really, if MS2 didn't have slowdown it might be just as good as MS X.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Gonna grab KOF '95 as soon as i get home. ^__^

Fersis

I tried KOF95 online.
A one bar connection was almost playable. Inputs had about half second delays but it run at 60fps instead of 5fps like KOF94 did.

Galdelico

Fersis said:
I tried KOF95 online.
A one bar connection was almost playable. Inputs had about half second delays but it run at 60fps instead of 5fps like KOF94 did.
Appartently, in Europe we didn't get the Neo Geo Station update, so... No KoF'95 at the moment. U_U

Other than that, I bought KoF'94 and Metal Slug and I was so happy to find a language switch in Misc. options! It's in all games I guess, and it allows you to switch from EU/US rom to uncut japanese one, yay! :D

Also, there's alot of value in terms of settings and contents (manuals with original illustrations and nice graphics), so I'm pretty pleased by the purchase, it makes me want to get them all.
Next time I'm gonna grab Art of Fighting and Samurai Spirits, til KoF'95 is still MIA.

Shinriji

The netcode is vastly improved indeed. I was playing some serious Lag-free matches with skilled players yesterday, and all went smooth, a bit too much smooth. It was somewhat scary, lol.

Other nice thing about this new NG Station, is the possibility to enable and disable boss characters on online matches and see if there is people playing any NG Station game at that moment.

Now I hope that this all-new netcode comes to KOF13.

Shinriji said:
The netcode is vastly improved indeed. I was playing some serious Lag-free matches with skilled players yesterday, and all went smooth, a bit too much smooth. It was somewhat scary, lol.

Other nice thing about this new NG Station, is the possibility to enable and disable boss characters on online matches and see if there is people playing any NG Station game at that moment.

I wouldn't say lag free. But yes it is vastly improved. Improved to what is now considered playable.

I think I played you though.

bigas

Shinriji said:

If you are who I think you are :D then we know how better it is.

There's some room for improvement, but it's definately "playable" - hate this title, but I got get some attention to prospect new buyers.

Fersis

So i was not the only one seeing improvements huh?
* Hype rising for the more competitive KOFs like 97 and 98 *

Douche McBaggins The 3rd said:
I've only had one person beat me so far and it was some old Mexican guy. People hate my Chin LOL. I use the Jug as the Mexican Reach around.
How playable? It is comparable to the netcode of other games?

Fersis

Just tried a match with shinriji(Brazil)
One bar connection and it was soooo much better than KOF 94.
It was almost almooost playable...

Shinriji

Terareflection said:
How playable? It is comparable to the netcode of other games?

I think that is better than SSF4 and MvC3. Call me crazy but I think that is better than BB as well.

Let me explain: As I said before, I am from Brazil, so I'm quite familiar with lag online. I have a 15/1MB connection (that is considered very good here in Brazil, but average to poor in the US/Euro/JP). My experience with KOF online with randoms was pretty good. Input lag is almost nonexistant and the game runs at the same speed that the offline game, things that KOF12 and MvC3 don't do either. For friends that lives about 500km from my home (Bigas) it was excellent. I could do several tricky combos online like Kyo punch grab, Shiki Kai, 101 Shiki connect online. Hell, it's tricky to do that against the CPU

The netcode don't do miracles. If you are matched with someone that has a bad connection the game will lag, period. Fortunately, there is several brazilians playing KOF95 right now and there some good players as well.

One thing I notice is that the netcode drains your internet connection. If you are playing and someone is using the net at the same time, the game will lag.

I am plenty satisfied with the KOF 95 netcode. Hopefully Duckroll sees that and changes the topic title, lol.

And for the person that asked, yes you can do 16:9 on every game, but it won't be pretty, heh.

Theonik

Would patching older releases with the new netcode be possible? They seem to be all using the same emulator. Couldn't they improve them somehow?
Also is GGPO too much to ask for when KOF 97-98 come?

Fersis

Shinriji said:
I think that is better than SSF4 and MvC3. Call me crazy but I think that is better than BB as well.

Let me explain: As I said before, I am from Brazil, so I'm quite familiar with lag online. I have a 15/1MB connection (that is considered very good here in Brazil, but average to poor in the US/Euro/JP). My experience with KOF online with randoms was pretty good. Input lag is almost nonexistant and the game runs at the same speed that the offline game, things that KOF12 and MvC3 don't do either. For friends that lives about 500km from my home (Bigas) it was excellent. I could do several tricky combos online like Kyo punch grab, Shiki Kai, 101 Shiki connect online. Hell, it's tricky to do that against the CPU

The netcode don't do miracles. If you are matched with someone that has a bad connection the game will lag, period. Fortunately, there is several brazilians playing KOF95 right now and there some good players as well.

One thing I notice is that the netcode drains your internet connection. If you are playing and someone is using the net at the same time, the game will lag.

I am plenty satisfied with the KOF 95 netcode. Hopefully Duckroll sees that and changes the topic title, lol.

And for the person that asked, yes you can do 16:9 on every game, but it won't be pretty, heh.
Whaaaaaa? I have 1 MB... ;___;
I think that netcode is kinda good if you have a better connection than mine.

Once that KOFXIII drops im gonna get a better connection. (Probably gonna move to the city too)

Shinriji

Theonik said:
Would patching older releases with the new netcode be possible? They seem to be all using the same emulator. Couldn't they improve them somehow?
Also is GGPO too much to ask for when KOF 97-98 come?

Yep. Definetly possible, but unlikely.

alstein

I played a match of KOF95- Netcode seemed on par with SS2 XBLA. Tolerable if you somehow manage to get a good connect. Netcode seems unstable though- it switched between 2 and 4 bars often. At 4 bars it played fine, at 2 at didn't.

KOF94 was on par with KOF98UM XBLA.

Not sure having Rugal selectable is a good idea though.

Waiting for these games to pop
SS2
RB1

Don't give a crap about Last Blade- it's eyecandy but horrible gameplay.

Theonik

Shinriji said:
Yep. Definetly possible, but unlikely.
Sorry, i missed this. It seems quite simple to do if it's possible. Seems kinda stupid not to. But then again if later releases have good netcode I won't complain.

klee123

Lol, didn't Fersis say that SNK is expecting to release Garou in 2011? It took them 7 months to release 2 new games.

At this rate we wouldn't even get the good stuff till 2014+. lol

Galdelico

Douche McBaggins The 3rd said:
Anyone else get KOF 95? We need more opinions to make it solid.
I'll get it as soon as it will pop out on EU PSstore... No idea about when it's gonna happen tho. -__-

Fersis

klee123 said:
Lol, didn't Fersis say that SNK is expecting to release Garou in 2011? It took them 7 months to release 2 new games.

At this rate we wouldn't even get the good stuff till 2014+. lol
Yeah thats what SNKP USA told me... dont hold your breath.

GAROU release date: 2013 BELIEVE

Tizoc

Fersis said:
Yeah thats what SNKP USA told me... dont hold your breath.

GAROU release date: 2013 BELIEVE
Damnit Fersis, I want it this year or next, why I gotta wait 2 freaking years? >=(
Dear Atlus: Please perform the same treatment SF3: 3S got to Garou. I will gladly pay 20 dollars for Garou on PSN.

Fersis

Tizoc said:
Damnit Fersis, I want it this year or next, why I gotta wait 2 freaking years? >=(
Dear Atlus: Please perform the same treatment SF3: 3S got to Garou. I will gladly pay 20 dollars for Garou on PSN.
7 months between 94 and 95 dont give much hope isnt?

lupinko

Does anyone know how to enable arranged music for these games on PS3? It gives me the option in the music player, and can I play said music in the game? And can we swap the music between games that we have?

It'd be kinda lame if the music player was just there as just a music player and nothing else. =/

Also is there an MVS option or is it only AES? Based on what I noticed, it's only AES versions for these games.

Fersis

lupinko said:
Does anyone know how to enable arranged music for these games on PS3? It gives me the option in the music player, and can I play said music in the game? And can we swap the music between games that we have?

It'd be kinda lame if the music player was just there as just a music player and nothing else. =/

Also is there an MVS option or is it only AES? Based on what I noticed, it's only AES versions for these games.
Yeah i dont get whats the deal with the Arrange Music. I guess that some future titles will have both scores.

Lupinko Leak: Rugal and Saisyu playable on KOF95! ;)

lupinko

Fersis said:
Yeah i dont get whats the deal with the Arrange Music. I guess that some future titles will have both scores.

Lupinko Leak: Rugal and Saisyu playable on KOF95! ;)

Only if you have the option switched on, which on the rom is by default.

So none of the games right now have no arranged music? Because 94 and 95 (ESPECIALLY 95) have great (in 95's case AMAZING) ASTs.

Tizoc

Fersis said:
7 months between 94 and 95 dont give much hope isnt?
Dude seriously 94 and 95 should've had 2 months seperation between them.
In fact the NEO GEO Station should be updated with games every 2 months or heck 3 or 4, but around 6 months? That's too fucking long.
Besides as I wrote previously: They should release the more popular games first, or heck better yet: release oldies along with at least 1 popular game.
Seriously the most popular and/or tourney worthy NEO GEO fighters as far as I can recall are-
KoF 98, KoF 2002, Garou, Last Blade, Real Bout 2 and Special, Breaker's Revenge, World Heroes Perfect, and Fatal Fury 2 Special.
That's it off the top of my head.
Why couldn't we get these first? Or along with the older games? 6 months between releases is too fucking long. Why do I gotta wait 2 years for Garou when Capcom put up SF3: 3S within a year of it's announcement?
Sorry if I'm sounding rude and bitchy, but really, if Garou got announced for an upcoming release this year at the earliest, watch it be one of the main highlighted news in FG forums, thus gaining lots of people knowing about it and selling like hotcakes.
Of course the netcode would have to be good >_>;

lupinko said:
Only if you have the option switched on, which on the rom is by default.

So none of the games right now have no arranged music? Because 94 and 95 (ESPECIALLY 95) have great (in 95's case AMAZING) ASTs.
Yes.

I NEED CONCEPT OF LOVE

Fersis said:

What makes you think that?

- Poor netcode (you said it yourself, barely playable)
- Blood only when the language is in Japanese
- No arranged soundtracks

9 bucks, have fun. :/

Top Bottom