• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEOGEO Station |OT| Bringing the 100 Mega Suck to PSN and PSP (Now with shit netcode)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
In Falcoon defense... he had to design tooooooonz of outfits in limited time.
You cant make every costume awesome as SNK original designs.

Araxen said:
Because it looks like poo on my HD TV. SF2 HD was perfect. To each their own though.
STHDR is offensively ugly to me. The resolution was there, but the art direction wasn't. My friends and I actually play with the classic sprites (sadly they're blurred to hell), but we still had to deal with the new BGs :(

tzare

_dementia said:
STHDR is offensively ugly to me. The resolution was there, but the art direction wasn't. My friends and I actually play with the classic sprites (sadly they're blurred to hell), but we still had to deal with the new BGs :(

agree, SF2 HD is as ugly as me biting a lemon. I used to play with classic sprites too. it looked like a web browser game XD

I find that playing with scanlines and 4:3 is the best option for NGS games.

Any news of new releases ?

Shinriji

The original neogeo station video has burning fight and top hunter, beside that vanguard (an snk game but before the neogeo) and puzzled were rated. For me, just kof 96 and RBFF.

tzare

Shinriji said:
The original neogeo station video has burning fight and top hunter, beside that vanguard (an snk game but before the neogeo) and puzzled were rated. For me, just kof 96 and RBFF.
still hope, RBSpecial&RB2 best fighting games ever :)

Shinriji

Some games of the next batch of Neostation games were leaked via the ESRB site (search snk and ps3)

- KOF 95
- World Heroes
- Baseball Stars 2

Fersis, don't stop believing!

Yes Boss!

Chacranajxy said:
It's dead. They're never going to move beyond a tiny stable of games nobody really wants. It's fucking SNKP.
There are quite a few gems on the Wii VC Neo Geo catalog...don't see why this wil be any different. Especially considering the PS3 has quite a few solid years ahead of itself. Remain optimistic!

I'd honestly be happy if they released Nam '75.

Yes Boss! said:
There are quite a few gems on the Wii VC Neo Geo catalog...don't see why this wil be any different. Especially considering the PS3 has quite a few solid years ahead of itself. Remain optimistic!

I'd honestly be happy if they released Nam '75.
D4 is handling Virtual Console rather than SNKP directly though, so it's a little different.

DasRaven

I've audited the entire Neo-Geo collection (thanks MAME) and can say for sure that there's no more than a dozen titles I'd ever buy, but I want half of those very badly.

Waiting, with hope, for the next slate, but KOf95/WH1/BS2 aren't giving me much hope.

Got Top Hunter for Wii already and regretted it. Would possibly get RBFF since it has a few interesting aspects like two-tier fighting and Power Dunking Bob Wilson into a subway car. Oh, and possibly Blue Mary topless. But sadly it has the worst Mai design ever and overall pretty crappy sprites.

What's Vanguard?

Tizoc

What must be done to hammer into their minds that they should release the big selling titles first?
At this rate, Garou will be released by the time PS4 is out @3@
I'm trying to be optimistic but these late releases aren't going to attract a lot of consumers. If they had done releases every 2 months they'd be at the more popular titles sooner.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
General Shank-a-snatch said:
I figured as much from reading the old posts, yeah.

From the OP:
Note : The original thread title was 'NEOGEO Station |OT| Bringing the 100 Mega Shock to PSN and PSP' -Fersis

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
wtf is this shit. who wants world heroes anymore?n especially the first world heroes. mark of the wolves and last blade plz!

notworksafe

Slamtastic said:
Wow, Take Out Bandit is banned...

...somehow I am more emotionally conflicted about this than I always thought I'd be.
Whoa whoa whoa! How did this happen? PSN thread? Sad stuff... ;_;

Shinriji said:
Some games of the next batch of Neostation games were leaked via the ESRB site (search snk and ps3)

- KOF 95
- World Heroes
- Baseball Stars 2

Fersis, don't stop believing!

Good Enough for me. KOF 95 was the pinnacle of the old school SNK fighting style. World Heroes and it's Death Match was pretty fun too.

Still waiting for 98 and Last Blade.

Why isn't Samurai Shodown 2 a part of that though? Nearly half a year on Neo Geo Station and we aren't even getting Fatal Fury 2 or Samurai Shodown 2.

Baron

Will there ever be any more NeoGeo releases for the PS3? I desperately want Pulstar and Burning Star, among others, but I'm losing hope. Have any games even been released beyond the initial batch?

Baron

Yes Boss! said:
Sad state/initiative. At least Last Resort went to VC.

:(

I even bought a pair of the Neo Geo PS3 USB pads in anticipation of more games. Not that they can't be used for other games, but still.

Fersis

Baron said:
Will there ever be any more NeoGeo releases for the PS3? I desperately want Pulstar and Burning Star, among others, but I'm losing hope. Have any games even been released beyond the initial batch?
I was told that there would be more releases... but that was a while ago.
=/

I've been looking at getting a few of these. Too bad it's sputtered out. Seems to be the same story with almost every retro download initiative: this, Turbografx on PSN, Game Room -- release the oldest, most basic games to lackluster sales and then shut 'er down citing lack of interest. You can almost write the story before it ever begins.

Shinriji

The wait is over: July 19 is the day that the second batch of SNK classics will be on the PSN store.

The games are:

- KOF 95
- World Heroes
- Baseball Stars 2
- Ikari Warriors
- Guerrila War
- Athena
- Sasuke vs Commander
- Vanguard
- Hal 21
- Ozma wars
- Marvin's Maze

The thing is that all those pre Neogeo games will be offered on the Minis section for 3 bucks each. And Guerrilla war will be given to all plus members.

Tizoc

Shinriji said:
The wait is over: July 19 is the day that the second batch of SNK classics will be on the PSN store.

The games are:

- KOF 95
- World Heroes
- Baseball Stars 2
- Ikari Warriors
- Guerrila War
- Athena
- Sasuke vs Commander
- Vanguard
- Hal 21
- Ozma wars
- Marvin's Maze

The thing is that all those pre Neogeo games will be offered on the Minis section for 3 bucks each. And Guerrilla war will be given to all plus members.
Meh, meh, meh, meh, FUCKING MEH
So what they'll be doing releases every 6 months now?
It'd be 2020 by the time they release Garou, ugh.
Sorry for being such an ass, and while I don't mind SNK releasing these old games, how about releasing the POPULAR and more acclaimed games first?
i.e. Garou, Last Blade, KoF 98, 02, UM games, etc.
On the one hand I understand why they're releasing the older games first, but even then I find that most SNK fans would rather get the BETTER games since they'd be more worth their money.

Crisis

Banned
Oh, boy. I can't wait to wait another 6 fucking months to hand them over a bunch of money for more ports with awful netcode. BEST BUSINESS STRATEGY EVER.

Baseball Stars 2 and KoF'95 are on the JP shop since yesterday, both formats.

Not very interested in their old stuff, but... does Ikari Warriors has some kind of unlimited credit? I remember the NES game being slightly fun because of that.

Fersis

THE KING OF FIGHTERS '95 and BASEBALL STARS 2 to be released today. (Both PSP and PS3)

They have a facebook too... Fersis coming to Facebook?

KOF95 will be bought tonight. So bought.

Galdelico

Fersis said:
KOF95 will be bought tonight. So bought.
I would follow you right now Fersis, but I have a question before buying anything from the NGS.

I noticed that all the american reviews of KoF94 show a terribly censored version of the game... No blood and no Mai's bounce (I guess no ripping clothes either), like back in the days.
So I assume that the other games I'de be interested in (Samurai Spirits and Metal Slug) are censored too... I'm european, and there's no way I can try some demo of those titles, so I don't know if they are edited or not.

Do you - or any of you guys from EU - know if they are, and (if so) if there's a way to actually play the uncensored japanese originals?

I remember that - on XBOX Live - it was possible to change the console language to japanese, in order to switch from edited to uncut... Did anyone try the trick on PS3 as well?

I already own the import Neo Geo Online Collection volumes, and use them on my japanese PS2, but I can't run them on my PS3, that's why I ask you. I would gladly double (triple) dip, if I was sure there's a way to play this stuff without censorship.

Thanks in advance. :)

Top Bottom