• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

Teknoman

I think I frozen on the connect screen? I can see a faded image of the lobby, but just hear the "now connecting" drone.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
pso1439275020.png

The game crashed not long after but thanks for the my first complete Cave run on Neo PSO.

I've been doing some solo quests while feeding my mag and noticed that there's a solo side quest with it's text all in japanese :p

KAP151

Can someone answer a few q's

Used to play on GC, You could transfer shit between chars, but that was offline. Can you do this in BB?

And any ideas for a starter force? TP gets used so quickly and regen sucks. How the hell can you level if you are constantly out of TP?

starmud

The game crashed not long after but thanks for the my first complete Cave run on Neo PSO.

was fun :) thanks for the help!

Can someone answer a few q's

Used to play on GC, You could transfer shit between chars, but that was offline. Can you do this in BB?

And any ideas for a starter force? TP gets used so quickly and regen sucks. How the hell can you level if you are constantly out of TP?

pick up everything, use two foie hits per enemy and cane each enemy to death if it requires more, using a tech a third time is a waste of TP. until level 10 your going to be traveling back to base to sell junk and rebuy pots often. eventually you'll start earning more than you spend on TP and it balances out. i still waste money on telepipes to move faster since it gets tedious with how many trips you'll make. once you grind it out though it gets faster.

get zonde ASAP as it helps with forest leveling and is cheaper on TP at low levels. either way a new force is a grind up to lvl 10. pay attention to what element is the strongest on which enemy, you'll notice a pattern in each dungeon very fast. even after lvl 20 you still need to be in the habit of grabbing everything to keep funds for TP (difluids are stupid expensive at first).

i prefer solo'ing a force up to 10 before i bother partying, keeping up in a party is expensive up until a certain level. your constantly buying pots to keep up and having to share the loot. it is fast leveling though, stay out of harms way and zonde single enemies/barta mobs/ try to hit everything once so you get exp while the rangers/humans kill, though dont be a leech :p help cane kill (look for wands/canes with additional native %'s, it does help!) or heal/support. eventually you'll be stronger when you get your mobbing skills.

Alright, I'm at the character creation screen and have no idea what class to pick. I'm surprised that all the subclasses are gender-specific but whatevs.

I'm thinking one of the ranger classes but it says it's for intermediate players. All the androids can't use techniques, is that a big deal?

This track playing on the background is banging though.

N.A

Banned
Processed roughly half of the PMs I got overnight. Will do the rest shortly.

I think I frozen on the connect screen? I can see a faded image of the lobby, but just hear the "now connecting" drone.

Use windowed mode if you weren't already.

It's currently slightly buggy but type /bank once in a game to switch between character/account bank. (The bugs should be fixed in the next server software release that it supposed to be released any day now)

Beartruck

Sorry to anyone playing with BearWiz, my computer crashed. :/

I'm thinking one of the ranger classes but it says it's for intermediate players. All the androids can't use techniques, is that a big deal?

Techniques are basically the game's magic spells. Without them you're more reliant on items, but androids are typically pretty durable anyway.

Alright, I'm at the character creation screen and have no idea what class to pick. I'm surprised that all the subclasses are gender-specific but whatevs.

This track playing on the background is banging though.

Correct, androids can't use techniques so you'll miss out on stuff like using them to heal a party and what not. But if I remember right, androids can see traps and and set traps. However, I don't think that's as useful as magic. I think Androids may also have certain stat differences. I know HuCasts can get the highest HP in game. I don't think it takes away from the fun though. I have over 400 hours, I think, logged with a HuCast on the GCN version.

Ranger class should be fine for a beginner. Just remember your focus is on using guns. You won't be able to use melee weapons like swords or Force weapons like wands.

Just make whatever you think looks cool and roll with it lol.

So I made a RAmar character and tried out a exterminate quest on the forest area. Got my shit kicked in by some bear monsters. I guess you can't do quests solo? I looked up the new players guide and I see that I should be free-roaming first? Should I buy gear beforehand?

N.A

Banned
So I made a RAmar character and tried out a exterminate quest on the forest area and got my shit kicked in by some bear monsters. I guess you can't do quests solo?

The quests from the principles office should be fine for low level solo play.

Jackano

So I made a RAmar character and tried out a exterminate quest on the forest area. Got my shit kicked in by some bear monsters. I guess you can't do quests solo? I looked up the new players guide and I see that I should be free-roaming first? Should I buy gear beforehand?

What I did yesterday to satrt:
- join existing party to pick up boxes left behind and get some gear, base items and money
- level up a bit with forest and/or with the Principal ("story") first couple quests

Edit: Actually I highly recommend the Principal (not sure about his name) quests. It gets you throught the story in short bursts. I remember this was not in the GC version, but I had many fun doing it in BB.

Got my Ramarl near level 10 but I'm not sure what to look forward to. I've never leveled a ranger far enough to see if there is anything beyond the initial "stand far away and pew pew" stage.

Definitely appreciate the 2x experience though.

If you're playing Solo, make sure you set your Play Mode to "One Person" when creating the party. You get reduced XP, but the mobs are much easier to handle. there's also a bunch of quests you can only do in solo mode.

N.A

Banned
Processed all PMs for accounts. If I missed you please resend.

Another Bug report: Game softlocks when promoting another player in the Team (The Guild thing).

Teams are currently pretty broken in the server software. It should be improved in the next server update (supposed to come any day now)

Ending my playthrough for now. Seems I have an idea in what to do tomorrow when I wake up. Is there any character leveling stuff I need to keep an eye on? Like allocating points into stats or whatnot?

N.A

Banned
Ending my playthrough for now. Seems I have an idea in what to do tomorrow when I wake up. Is there any character leveling stuff I need to keep an eye on? Like allocating points into stats or whatnot?

You'll pick up stat boosting items. There is a cap on the total amount of them you can use so you must use them wisely for your class.

HP boosting items have a separate cap.

Lucumo

Do we know what kind of time N.A. might be awake? :p
I really need to get my mag done and do the soul eater quests before i really settle into this character (once I have a partisan and Sato I'll be happy :3)

Didn't you want to start to get something else done? Or did you already finish? :p

I've been doing some solo quests while feeding my mag and noticed that there's a solo side quest with it's text all in japanese :p
Some of the events are as well.

Kalentan

Well that was a lot of fun folks.

Unison, sorry for how it ended. but if it's any consolation... I killed it... I killed it after like 20 or so minutes. Monster Hunter trained me in patience. xD

K.Sabot

Lol I was just thinking about how I could use another mag since I screwed up the feeding of my first one and lo' mines 1 first room got me.

Justinh

4 and a half hours of sleep, HERE I COME!

i was going to try and sleep so I stopped playing a while ago. Unfortunately before I shut down I watched the videos in that amazing GTA5 crash thread. Now it's 5AM and I'm still wide awake.
Maybe just a little bit more won't hurt...

Lucumo

You can add me to the second post as well, N.A.

Lucumo - Merem

/edit:

How to advance in quests? Can't join a lot of games because I haven't done anything. And the quests that are not in that Hunter Hall (or what it's called)...whenever I finish, they just kick me out of the game and when I relog, it says I haven't done it yet (and cancelling it kicks me out again as well).

xBladeM6x

Thanks for letting me hang around for a couple rooms, guys! Sorry for having to bail :(

Random screenshot and shoutout!!
BGfpWFv.png

Wait, how is it running in 16:9, and not stretching the hell out of the image? :eek:

Nvm, I'm tired. I should sleep instead of grinding on this. Lol

So I've done all the tier 1 quests in single player and killed de rol le but the first soul eater quest hasn't unlocked. Do I need to kill the dragon too or is there something I'm missing? :eek:

Didn't you want to start to get something else done? Or did you already finish? :p

Some of the events are as well.
:p

N.A

Banned
You can add me to the second post as well, N.A.

Lucumo - Merem

/edit:

How to advance in quests? Can't join a lot of games because I haven't done anything. And the quests that are not in that Hunter Hall (or what it's called)...whenever I finish, they just kick me out of the game and when I relog, it says I haven't done it yet (and cancelling it kicks me out again as well).

Will be adding a google spreadsheet soon where everyone can add there names.

I just tested tested the quest from the Principal's office and it unlocked the second quest fine for me. Maybe the second quest requires a certain level?

So I've done all the tier 1 quests in single player and killed de rol le but the first soul eater quest hasn't unlocked. Do I need to kill the dragon too or is there something I'm missing? :eek:

:p

To answer my own question, it seems the solo quest tiers are now unlocked by doing the principal's missions... gah -.-

MysticX

well, finally set up and good to go. gives me some gc vibes.

although once connected and the oblivion is done, I get a black faded image and nothing happens :(

edit: nvmd switched to window mode and everything´s fine now

N.A

Banned
Borderless Windowed guide:

So i've got the game working fine on Widows 10 in borderless windowed mode (fake fullscreen) alt-tabbing works and no crashes so far.

To do this you'll need:

Windowed Borderless Gaming: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WindowedBorderlessGaming
Your resolution settings set to windowed at your monitors resolution.

To use:

Launch PSO in windowed mode at you monitor's resolution.
Launch Windowed Borderless Gaming
Click the icon in the taskbar and choose add window.
Switch to PSO and press F3.

All done!

You may have to repeat this each time you play.

Lucumo

I just tested tested the quest from the Principal's office and it unlocked the second quest fine for me. Maybe the second quest requires a certain level?
Well, I can't finish it because it always kicks me out when I go to the girl and want to complete it. And I'm level 37, that should normally be enough.

/edit: Weird, now I can select the next mission.

N.A

Banned
Well, I can't finish it because it always kicks me out when I go to the girl and want to complete it. And I'm level 35, that should normally be enough.

Did you speak to the principal before the girl? Should get a quest complete noise after then you can talk to the counter girl.

And being kicked out after a quest is normal.

Jackano

For my midday break at work I helped on a principle quest 1-1 and jumped to finish the 1-3 one with one of you. Sorry gaffer, didn't meant to jump just when you were in the last room just before Dragon and show up taking the quest without doing the hard work :)

Par Score

I'm not sure what's more troubling, how much of this game I've forgotten, or how much I remember :D

Are a lot of the available quests things that were added after the fact, or exclusive to Blue Burst? Some of the quests I know practically off by heart, but there are entire sections of the list that are total mysteries to me.

Are there any quests that people recommend or are particularly worth checking out?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm not sure what's more troubling, how much of this game I've forgotten, or how much I remember :D

Are a lot of the available quests things that were added after the fact, or exclusive to Blue Burst? Some of the quests I know practically off by heart, but there are entire sections of the list that are total mysteries to me.

Are there any quests that people recommend or are particularly worth checking out?

I find quests to be slow going, but some people like them. Central Dome Fire Swirl is amazing for the music alone (bring a gun). Otherwise, you can run quests for fun story bits. There are times when you hit Ult where you'll want to farm certain quests for higher monster appearance rates, but you've got a while for that.

Lucumo

Did you speak to the principal before the girl? Should get a quest complete noise after then you can talk to the counter girl.

And being kicked out after a quest is normal.

Yep, did always. In a full party, in didn't work at all. Spoke to the principal, then to the girl. It said I completed it and kicked me but in the end, I didn't get the option for the second mission. I guess the one from before was because someone joined right as I spoke to the girl? Not sure. Now I tried alone and everything just worked out fine.

Ah, ok. It just seemed weird because of the double-load (or at least what seemed to be like one).

Heeey, NA....

Any chance that maybe, juuuuuuuust maybe, we could get a boost to our backpack sizes? say, from 30 to 50? If that's at all possible.. :)

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
N.A do you plan on disabling Quest Rewards in the future? Because I'm interested in testing AND making Quest Rewards guides for NeoPSO but if your going to disable them like SCHTHACK did eventually than I don't want to waste my efforts.

Top Bottom