• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

quick question... any way to uncap the framerate? Or do I have to light the Durante Signal? :)'

Xion_Stellar: Currently doing the prereq quests to hand the item in, will update when I get there.

I made a list of Lobby Actions for keyboard shortcuts.

To use opposite sex animations, hold SHIFT (e.g. SHIFT+ALT+H as male = female's Greeting 1 animation).

Greeting motion:
ALT+H: Greeting 1
ALT+B: Greeting 2
ALT+D: Greeting 3
ALT+G: Greeting 4
ALT+F: Salutation

Interaction motion:
ALT+O: Affirmative
ALT+N: Negative
ALT+Q: Question
ALT+R: Applause
ALT+C: Come over here

Emotion motion
ALT+S: "Sorry!"
ALT+W: "Wow!"
ALT+E: "Dang it!"
ALT+L: "I'm bored."

Acrobatic motion
ALT+J: Jump
ALT+Y: Side roll
ALT+3: Cartwheel
ALT+4: Somersault
ALT+1: Back roll
ALT+2: Backflip

Entertainment motion
ALT+P: Dance1
ALT+A: Dance2
ALT+Z: Victory Pose 1
ALT+X: Victory Pose 2
ALT+B: Victory Pose 3
ALT+K: Kiss
ALT+T: Blow a kiss

Standard motion
ALT+F3: Switch
ALT+F4: Guard
ALT+F1: Big Damage
ALT+F2: Small Damage
ALT+M: Dead
ALT+5: Wait

Battle motion
ALT+F5: Attack1
ALT+F6: Attack2
ALT+F7: Attack3
ALT+F8: Attack4
ALT+F9: Attack5
ALT+F10: Attack6
ALT+F11: Technique1
ALT+F12: Technique2
ALT+6: Photon Blast1
ALT+7: Photon Blast2
ALT+8: Photon Blast3
ALT+9: Photon Blast4
ALT+0: Photon Blast5

Photon Chair (Only usable in a lobby)
ALT+U: Photon Chair1
ALT+I: Photon Chair2

I tried running the game but either nothing happens on launcher or I get Error Code 2 with Online. Is there any way to fix it to make it work? I've also included it on my exceptions on my firewall and it still doesn't work. Trying to run it on Win 10

Zalusithix

Someone is in the mid-50s already xD

Brings back memories of when I was playing. So much easier to accomplish such things before having a job - especially over summer vacation. Grind away all day long. Get to the point where you can practically do the stuff blindfolded.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

N.A

Banned
And you DIDN'T mess with TTF at all? Because on SCHTHACK it always felt like they were being a prick and modified the drop rate on TTF to make it harder to get a Red Ring.

No changes yet :p

I've only just started testing drop changes on my local server.

thedan001

Character spreadsheet is up and should be editable:

Please add your characters!

They are the default drop tables with the server software I use (Tethealla).

Can I use up 2 rows for 2 chars that I plan to use often? or I fit in 2 names in 1 box?

As for the drop tables, you said you will adjust but keep the spirit of rare hunting. Do you plan on increasing everything across the board or just bring the ones with terribad droprate up to similar levels as rest of rares?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So is it time yet? Can I bring up the topic of Currently unobtainable items? I could compile a list if you want...

squadr0n

Got my character made and installed without a problem. Man this brings back memories, thanks OP soo much for putting this together!

Kuzunoha in game

thedan001

Also, I've seen many google doc links lead to trolling on the lists (by lurkers that don't have GAF accounts)

I suggest quote hide it

clo1_2000

Banned
I can't believe how hyped I am to be playing a 15 year old game again...
So this has me thinking, is it worth the hassle to try PSO2? If so, where would I even begin trying to figure out how to do it? Such a shame SEGA didn't release it over here.

Kadin

Can I use up 2 rows for 2 chars that I plan to use often? or I fit in 2 names in 1 box?
I did 3 separate rows for my 3 established characters so far. Hope that was okay.

edit: Oh and N.A if you're reading this, apparently you don't have to do the Windowed Borderless more than once. After doing it the first time as you described, it does it automatically each time after. At least for me. :)

Xion_Stellar

I can't believe how hyped I am to be playing a 15 year old game again...
So this has me thinking, is it worth the hassle to try PSO2? If so, where would I even begin trying to figure out how to do it? Such a shame SEGA didn't release it over here.
Try the PSO2 OT
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=532518

Just know that if SEGA finds out in some way that your not a Japanese User than they will Ban your account.

N.A

Banned
So is it time yet? Can I bring up the topic of Currently unobtainable items? I could compile a list if you want...

PM me a list so I have it ready if you like :)

can i get a PM?

You have to PM me your desired user/pass.

Also, I've seen many google doc links lead to trolling on the lists (by lurkers that don't have GAF accounts)

I suggest quote hide it

We'll see how it goes. I'll make a backup each day.

I did 3 separate rows for my 3 established characters so far. Hope that was okay.

edit: Oh and N.A if you're reading this, apparently you don't have to do the Windowed Borderless more than once. After doing it the first time as you described, it does it automatically each time after. At least for me. :)

Yes it's fine :)

And I just found that out :) But the borderless program does have to be open.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
And you DIDN'T mess with TTF at all? Because on SCHTHACK it always felt like they were being a prick and modified the drop rate on TTF to make it harder to get a Red Ring.

Low RR drop on TTF seems fair to me. You're chaining bosses. Make it so you have to run Ruins! ;)

Xion_Stellar

Low RR drop on TTF seems fair to me. You're chaining bosses. Make it so you have to run Ruins! ;)
I guess....I mean even on GameCube it wasn't a challenge to get one as a Red Ring was simply a Quest Reward.

PM me a list so I have it ready if you like :)

I will send you the Ver 0.1 List for now and I will comb through the Drop List once I get home from work to make a more comprehensive list.

Mind if I ask how you got it to get past that? I use Avast and will be trying to download soon and wanna get into the game quick as I can instead of fiddling with it.

Had to disable avast before I installed it which seemed to work. Afterwards I have no problems. It might also have helped that I added the game to the exclusions list as well.

Got in, have no idea what I'm doing, but it works. God it's been so long, I'll definitely be on playing tonight if anyone's interested in playing with someone new. Gonna set up my controller and all that so it'll be a bit less confusing.

kdoll08

Borderless Windowed guide:

So i've got the game working fine on Widows 10 in borderless windowed mode (fake fullscreen) alt-tabbing works and no crashes so far.

To do this you'll need:

Windowed Borderless Gaming: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WindowedBorderlessGaming
Your resolution settings set to windowed at your monitors resolution.

To use:

Launch PSO in windowed mode at you monitor's resolution.
Launch Windowed Borderless Gaming
Click the icon in the taskbar and choose add window.
Switch to PSO and press F3.

All done!

You may have to repeat this each time you play.

If you haven't already you should add this to the OP. For anyone playing I'm in there playing under the name Lassic

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
Anyone else having flicker issues in the menu? It's strange because most of the time it's there but sometimes it isn't.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I guess....I mean even on GameCube it wasn't a challenge to get one as a Red Ring was simply a Quest Reward.

I will send you the Ver 0.1 List for now and I will comb through the Drop List once I get home from work to make a more comprehensive list.

Really? I didn't play much GC (skipped that release). RR is cool, but it's sort of novelty feeling.

Also, besides Rambling May, PGF, and mag cells...What else is unobtainable right now?

Speaking of mags - anyone else hate that 3.5 min wait? :p

Lucumo

Meh, all the people who run hard are doing it solo. I can do so as well but it's really boring (and some mobs are annoying as ranger).

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Gonna try caves today. I wonder how the camera will make it so that fight is harder than it has to be. A year of playing monster hunter on the 3ds has not prepared me for this.

Actively fighting the camera for control...

Xion_Stellar

Really? I didn't play much GC (skipped that release). RR is cool, but it's sort of novelty feeling.

Also, besides Rambling May, PGF, and mag cells...What else is unobtainable right now?

Speaking of mags - anyone else hate that 3.5 min wait? :p
I could PM the list if you want?

And when I say Unobtainable Items I'm not speaking of seasonal quest dependent items like Rambling May.

And yeah on GameCube Red Ring was a Quest Reward for doing TTF on Ultimate Mode.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I could PM the list if you want?

And when I say Unobtainable Items I'm not speaking of seasonal quest dependent items like Rambling May.

Sure go for it! I'd love to see it. I didn't realize Rambling May was seasonal - I always just assumed it was an item given out by GM's over at Schtserv.

Xion_Stellar

Sure go for it! I'd love to see it. I didn't realize Rambling May was seasonal - I always just assumed it was an item given out by GM's over at Schtserv.
Just keep in mind that the list I sent you is incomplete since its just has 20mins of work into it.

And yeah Rambling May is a Quest Reward as I tested it and made a guide for it on SCHTHACK

pso1266163332.jpg

Alboreo

I'm having so much fun with this. Just cleared the forest and am moving on. The nostalgia overload is strong.

Top Bottom