• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

Indignate

Looks like N.A. was up last time around an hour from now, but might not be the norm.

We were just getting into it, too!

I had just picked up Shifta.

I was ready to boost my attack for the rest of my life.

It's weird that someone named N.A. doesn't operate on standard North American times. What else could that abbreviation mean
templar-shifty.gif

Ainaurdur

Sending a registration PM.

Not sure how much time I will have to play, but I cannot pass up a GAF PSO server! Probably going to start out with a RAcast or RAcaseal.

Justinh

Dang. I got a thing I think it was called a Photon Drop earlier and I was gonna try and figure out what to do with it. It's been the first red thing I've gotten since I started playing yesterday.

Kadin

Dang. I got a thing I think it was called a Photon Drop earlier and I was gonna try and figure out what to do with it. It's been the first red thing I've gotten since I started playing yesterday.
They're used to buy stuff in Gallon's Shop. I want to say people also used them as currency (for trades) on Schthack but I'm not 100% on that.

SoulUnison

Banned

If you eat them, they fill you up from the inside-out until you can no longer be outside-in'ed.

Justinh

They're used to buy stuff in Gallon's Shop. I want to say people also used them as currency (for trades) on Schthack but I'm not 100% on that.

Yeah, I was reading that, then I was reading about SectionIDs and wondering if I should store that in my "bank" thingy and reroll, or something...

If you eat them, they fill you up from the inside-out until you can no longer be outside-in'ed.

you just got an Eve 6 song stuck in my head.

I will never forgive you...

kejigoto

Banned
Now I regret stopping earlier to make dinner with the intent to come back after for some more leveling...

Here's to hoping NA wakes up soon so we may all indulge ourselves more tonight.

Guess I'll play some Rocket League in the meantime.

Kadin

Now I regret stopping earlier to make dinner with the intent to come back after for some more leveling...

This is my current dilemma. Had dinner, got the kitchen spotless, sat down to play more PSO and this is what I saw.

And NOTHING else sounds good...

kejigoto

Banned
This is my current dilemma. Had dinner, got the kitchen spotless, sat down to play more PSO and this is what I saw.

And NOTHING else sounds good...

Glad I'm not alone in this lol, nothing really sounds that appealing to me at the moment as I was just getting back into the swing of Phantasy Star. Plus I just finished unlocking everything in Rocket League so mainly just messing around at this point without having a dedicated team to play with.

Maybe if we all believe hard enough together NA will rise from his slumber and bless us all with more PSO!

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

N.A wont be around for at least another 3-4 hours from now

Shikoba

Too bad about the server. Was just about to get back on :p

Had a couple of fun forest runs tonight (Thanks those that joined!). I guess it's a good time to ask some newbie questions:

1. What should I be feeding my MAG? If it matters I started as a HUmar since it seemed like the jack of all trades and a good place to start.

2. Episodes.. is there a certain order to them? I've just been playing episode 1. Is there a certain level range for each episode or does it not matter which you jump into?

Kadin

Glad I'm not alone in this lol, nothing really sounds that appealing to me at the moment as I was just getting back into the swing of Phantasy Star. Plus I just finished unlocking everything in Rocket League so mainly just messing around at this point without having a dedicated team to play with.

Maybe if we all believe hard enough together NA will rise from his slumber and bless us all with more PSO!
I should probably just take one for the team. I can guarantee that if I went and laid down to go to sleep, as soon as I nodded off, the server would come back up. That's how my luck normally is.

Sadly I'm crazy awake right now so it's pretty much not gonna happen. :(

RexNovis

Banned
Downloaded, clicking Start Game does nothing (Launcher.exe)

Tried online.exe, click Start Game and I get
Code:
Failed to start PSOBB. Error Code: 2

I had the same issue. Your antivirus is quarantining the PSOBB.exe file. Go into your antivirus add it to your exclusions and restore it. Should work flawlessly after that.

Had a couple of fun forest runs tonight (Thanks those that joined!). I guess it's a good time to ask some newbie questions:

1. What should I be feeding my MAG? If it matters I started as a HUmar since it seemed like the jack of all trades and a good place to start.

2. Episodes.. is there a certain order to them? I've just been playing episode 1. Is there a certain level range for each episode or does it not matter which you jump into?

1: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewtopsection&section=Mags Buncha Mag Feeding Guides. But up until about level 35, Throw Mono/DiMates(And Trimates if you don't mind losing some MIND stat) at it, and every Star Atomizer you can get your hands on.

2: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=765 Recommended Levels list :)

Seriously, PSOWorld is SUPER Informative. :)

kejigoto

Banned
N.A wont be around for at least another 3-4 hours from now

Oh well, at least I've got Wednesday off so I can indulge all day hopefully lol.

I should probably just take one for the team. I can guarantee that if I went and laid down to go to sleep, as soon as I nodded off, the server would come back up. That's how my luck normally is.

Sadly I'm crazy awake right now so it's pretty much not gonna happen. :(

Yea I think I'm gonna call it a night as well since it seems like it won't be coming back up anytime soon.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

Ah yes....I was wondering when someone would bring this up as I barely saw anyone with a Mag above Lv.9 today.

To answer your question I have to ask do you care about maxing out your character stats at Lv.200 with a very specific build?

If not simply feed it whatever you want.

If yes let me know.

Do you care if you turn your mag in a rare 4th transformation? (yes mags change appearance depending on a few factors)

If not simply feed it whatever you want.

If yes let me know.

213372bu

Banned
Can I get a pm?

I'm debating if I should try this out with the amount of games i'm playing atm, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Ah.

Also question, how long is Episode 4? I never did much of it in the past. If I recall isn't it just like 1 mission and that's it?

It isn't too long, though some of the missions around the center of the crater can take a while due to the map's size. There's only two areas - Crater and Subterranean Desert, and only SD has a boss fight.

That one boss is kind of a dick, though.

Kalentan

OK, it was Window update restarting the server again. Gonna make sure it's fully up to date before restarting the server.

UK GMT+1

Cool, though I must ask, is there going to be general times where the servers go down?

xBladeM6x, want to do VR Spaceship with me when the servers go up?

Xion_Stellar

OK, it was Window update restarting the server again. Gonna make sure it's fully up to date before restarting the server.

UK GMT+1

That would explain your 2AM/3AM (in my Timezone) posts yesterday and why you were going to sleep when it was barely going to be 3PM in my Timezone.

Cool, though I must ask, is there going to be general times where the servers go down?

xBladeM6x, want to do VR Spaceship with me when the servers go up?

Outside of taking the servers down to activate some sort of seasonal event or add some feature into the game PSOBB doesn't generally require standard maintenance.

BasicMath

They're used in gallon's shop to buy a bunch of stuff. Most important of all by end game is the ability to use a stack of Photon Drops (x99 PDs) to buy Photon Spheres (PS). Photon Spheres, in turn, are used to increase the % attribute of weapons (N/AB/M/D) by 30%. This basically makes PDs gold coins and PSs gold bars.

Ideally, you should only raise the % attribute of weapons with high attack that you regularly do N attacks or H attacks.

There's a bunch of limits to this, though.

-You can only have 3 stats with a non-zero value per weapon including Hit%. x/x/0/0/x or x/x/x/0/0 etc.
-You can not increase hit%
-Maximum on any attribute is 100%

Shikoba

1: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewtopsection&section=Mags Buncha Mag Feeding Guides. But up until about level 35, Throw Mono/DiMates(And Trimates if you don't mind losing some MIND stat) at it, and every Star Atomizer you can get your hands on.

2: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=765 Recommended Levels list :)

Seriously, PSOWorld is SUPER Informative. :)

Perfect! I will go through this site in more depth. Thank you.

do you care about maxing out your character stats at Lv.200 with a very specific build?
Do you care if you turn your mag in a rare 4th transformation? (yes mags change appearance depending on a few factors)

I think... I would like to at least be feeding it items that helps my class (if there is a general stat a class should focus on?). I played with someone who's MAG was doing some really awesome stuff and that's what sparked me asking the question how to go about raising it. I'm never really one for maxing everything in games, but it depends on how into the game I become. is 4th transformation a pain to achieve? Am I going to be hindered at all by only having a 3rd tranformation? Appreciate the help!

Burning Rangers Quest (Central Dome Fire Swirl) is bugged..

Saved everyone and put out all the fireson the left and central side of the map:

centraldome1.gif

Saved Number 6, but the gate that saving him is supposed to unlock doesn't. Done the quest twice now, same result.

Jackano

Burning Rangers Quest (Central Dome Fire Swirl) is bugged..

Saved everyone and put out all the fireson the left and central side of the map:

centraldome1.gif

Saved Number 6, but the gate that saving him is supposed to unlock doesn't. Done the quest twice now, same result.

This is a solo quest right? Like in I need to create a solo party to have access to it?

Top Bottom