• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

Stalk

What timezones are most people from by the way? Also where is the server located. Not had a chance to play yet since I have been away at gamescom but looking forward to joining in, England based here.

TreIII

Subbed. Since I'm going on vacation in a few days, I'll be sure to really get things under way when I get back!

Zalusithix

What timezones are most people from by the way? Also where is the server located. Not had a chance to play yet since I have been away at gamescom but looking forward to joining in, England based here.

Server location isn't going to matter much at all. The game was designed for back in the day where everybody was using dial-up connections with latencies greater than even trans-continental ethernet connections.

Stalk

Server location isn't going to matter much at all. The game was designed for back in the day where everybody was using dial-up connections with latencies greater than even trans-continental ethernet connections.

I'm aware of that, was just a curiosity question. Used to play on dial up all the way through dc, gc and some bb hah.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I'm aware of that, was just a curiosity question. Used to play on dial up all the way through dc, gc and some bb hah.
Well I don't know about server location but N.A is in the UK.

Zalusithix

Sorry, I'm used to that question being asked because the person is worried that the latency would be too high and they'd be unable to play the game acceptably. Plenty of gamers these days that haven't seen a telephone modem, let alone use one for gaming. =)

Speaking of which, everybody should just think of the sever crashes as times when somebody else in the house picked up the phone. Truly authentic experience I tell ya! ;)

Stalk

Sorry, I'm used to that question being asked because the person is worried that the latency would be too high and they'd be unable to play the game acceptably. Plenty of gamers these days that haven't seen a telephone modem, let alone use one for gaming. =)

Speaking of which, everybody should just think of the sever crashes as times when somebody else in the house picked up the phone. Truly authentic experience I tell ya! ;)

Hah that is fine. UK based, ok. Also yeah, phone lines being picked up just as I finished that second Kireek quest was agonising since it took me ages. Can't remember the name, was an episode 2 quest?

Sojiro

Hit level 15 while I was at lunch, whoo! One question though, I vaguely remember getting quests from the principal (back on PSO for DC), but there doesn't seem to be anyone is his office whenever I go in there. Is he just not on the server, or is there something wrong on my end? If I remember right thats where the main storyline quests are isn't it?

Orion Pax

Neo Member
Got it all set up without any problems, looking forward to seeing how big this can get. Had to refresh my memory on all the mag evolution's to ensure I get the mag I want.

Zalusithix

Hah that is fine. UK based, ok. Also yeah, phone lines being picked up just as I finished that second Kireek quest was agonising since it took me ages. Can't remember the name, was an episode 2 quest?

I suppose the one major difference being on a crashed server, there's no getting back. With a disconnect you could at least attempt to get back into the game. Still quite annoying though.

As for the quest, I couldn't tell you. My memories are far too foggy, and mostly consist of ep1 content. Not too long after ep2 was released, my usual group was starting to disband. The game just isn't the same playing with a bunch of randoms you'll never see again.

Crytis

Neo Member
I was messing around with windows 10 game dvr last night while playing and recorded about 10 minutes of me getting lost in mines 1. Hope you guys enjoy it. (also messed up and couldn't turn off mouse control at the beginning ha)

YOUTUBE

N.A

Banned
Note: Seen quite a few desync crashes when using the bank. This is supposedly fixed in the next version of the server software.

Also please take screenshots of anything valuable (Print Screen) so I can easily restore them if anything happens.

Server is in New York.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Note: Seen quite a few desync crashes when using the bank. This is supposedly fixed in the next version of the server software.

Also please take screenshots of anything valuable (Print Screen) so I can easily restore them if anything happens.

Server is in New York.

Will you be updating the OP or the in game message when a new server is ready to be downloaded?

Teknoman

I was messing around with windows 10 game dvr last night while playing and recorded about 10 minutes of me getting lost in mines 1. Hope you guys enjoy it. (also messed up and couldn't turn off mouse control at the beginning ha)

YOUTUBE

lol that happened to me so many times. Also forgot about the Burning Rangers quests.

N.A

Banned
Will you be updating the OP or the in game message when a new server is ready to be downloaded?

Not sure yet if the client will need a patch. Everything seems to be server side.

I can push patches automatically to clients anyway so it's not a huge deal either way.

Zalusithix

Added some data filters to the sheet so people can easily sort by class, GAF name, timezone, etc. Also did some quick class validation on the character sheet for easier entry. I could do the same for the time zones, but I don't have the time to do so right now.

N.A

Banned
Added some data filters to the sheet so people can easily sort by class, GAF name, timezone, etc. Also did some quick class validation on the character sheet for easier entry. I could do the same for the time zones, but I don't have the time to do so right now.

Thanks so much for that! Was wondering who did it.

I keep getting disconnected every 30 minutes or so. My character has been in Forest 1 or 2 each time. Definitely not my internet dropping. Any ideas?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So did I screw up by not making a ranger? Ranged seems SO much better than melee. And everyone seems to be using ranged. =/

Like I remember melee being more common on SCHTHACK. At least I think I do.

Crytis

Neo Member
So did I screw up by not making a ranger? Ranged seems SO much better than melee. And everyone seems to be using ranged. =/

I feel like ranger is an easier starting class if you can get used to targeting.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

RA is fairly easy since you can keep your distance, but the damage isn't quite as good as a good HU.

Veldin

"We can also take care of your rings and chaos emeralds"

y254iII.jpg

Par Score

Thanks for helping us through the Caves N.A!

Managed to squeak through the Mines straight after, even though we ran out of magic and mates in the boss.

Also spied this shady customer in med bay:

Sooooo... if anyone works out what unlocks dimates being available in the shop, let me know. Everywhere I've read says level 11 is all that's required but no luck so far :/

Foxix Von

RA is fairly easy since you can keep your distance, but the damage isn't quite as good as a good HU.
I was really tempted to run FO but I just miss having access to traps. I love the challenge and reward of later techs completely stomping booma butt, but the sheer practicality and life saving graces of traps steers me to playing casts time and time again.

Aww man , I got booted as I was depositing some money. It's nice being able to play this again but it feels way to odd. I'm so used to PSO2s mechanics that I get tripped up while play sometimes. Like I'll try to keep changing the camera view with the left stick or I think I can move when I'm shooting.

N.A

Banned
"We can also take care of your rings and chaos emeralds"
y254iII.jpg

Thanks for helping us through the Caves N.A!

Managed to squeak through the Mines straight after, even though we ran out of magic and mates in the boss.

Also spied this shady customer in med bay:
jlvprQo.jpg

I guess this is a side effect of everytime I annoy the lobby with "Open Your Heart" xD

And grats on clearing Mines :)

N.A

Banned
Aww man , I got booted as I was depositing some money. It's nice being able to play this again but it feels way to odd. I'm so used to PSO2s mechanics that I get tripped up while play sometimes. Like I'll try to keep changing the camera view with the left stick or I think I can move when I'm shooting.

The bank dc is a known bug, will be fixed soon!

kejigoto

Banned
Should be home and playing in about 5 to 6 hours. Gonna run Cave and then Mines. Almost level 17 now so I gotta play catch up tonight if anyone is looking to party.

IceIpor

Oh boy, playing this brings me back to my GC days. Although I never played online due to no BB adapter.

Thanks again, N.A.
Now I can experience the online play I've never got to try.

Also, I couldn't get any regular AA to stick, but it seems like Reshade/Sweetfx is working for me.

kejigoto

Banned

Ranged is great at first as you can keep your distance but later on the damage and reduced use of magic hurts which makes soloing very difficult. If you're going to constantly have a group ranged is awesome but if you plan on solo be prepared for some serious pain.

At least that's how I remember it from back in the day. Much rather go hunter with stronger spell support and keep a side arm for when I need it.

Just wanted to say sorry to the poor HUmar who joined my principal run a day or two ago (I was playing the temporary ranger I made to make a mag with, "Sato") At the end of the mission while we were talking I handed in my mission forgetting that it'd instantly boot me out so I hope he doesn't think I abandoned him XD Waited for him the lobby to make sure he was ok but he didn't appear :s

Also, to contribute to the ranger discussion, one issue with them is that you won't learn how the monsters work properly if you gun your way through the early difficulties which means you'll be ill-equipped to dodge them in the higher levels where it really matters. As Kejigoto mentions, the monsters get a heck of a lot faster further into the game so you'll need to learn to deal with them in close quarters even if you're using range :p

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So my laptop dced itself when the low battery error came. I'm now gonna run this windowed. Good thing I didn't lose anything. Guess icant complete the caves right now.

And people really cantseeme now.

Jackano

Sorry for fighting De Rol Lee alone at the end. Didn't got any moon atomizer as I thought I got reverser this morning but it was resta :(

Top Bottom