• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

Caim

Today was good, found a Varista, Flowen's Sword, and Blade Dance today.

Might be back on later to start leveling my RAmarl, AIKA.

K.Sabot

accidentally fed my Kiatabha mag I was gonna make into a Nidra, turned into a Bhirava.

I crashed the ever loving shit out of my game as quick as possible and saved it \o/

Primus

Are you able to change your password after-the-fact, or is the PW that N.A. sets you up with gonna be your forever password? Want to know before signing up.

Is there a way to play solo without getting kicked when my net drops? I'm guessing not, but I'd like to get ep 1 out of the way while I'm waiting on stable internet.

Made an Xpadder config.

The Technical Stuff
- Create a file called PSO.xpadderprofile and put this text in it.
- In PSO turn cursor memory OFF and make sure keyboard control (F11) is ON. (You know it's on if you have to press SPACE to start chatting.)
- It assumes this pretty typical gamepad config (menu open/close bound to START and menu open/menu decide bound to R3).
- I use it with a DualShock 3 via XInput. I'm not 100% sure if the profile will map perfectly to a real 360 pad. Lemme know?

The Binds
The primary bind set has hotkeys for mag feeding, hotbar 1-5, and toggling ENB. (If you use ReShade/SweetFX change that bind as appropriate.)
FbIK57M.png

To access the secondary binds hold down left trigger (PlayStation L2) and keep it held until your chosen hotkey finishes execution. Set 2 has binds for the item pack, equip menu, area map, swapping banks, hotkeys 6-10, and four emotes (change to your faves).
CvrxoQQ.png

The only thing I absolutely couldn't get working was screenshots, because Xpadder can't press printscreen and PSO doesn't take input from stuff like autohotkey. Ah well, I'm just thrilled to have quick mag feed and item pack keys.

kejigoto

Banned
Is there a way to play solo without getting kicked when my net drops? I'm guessing not, but I'd like to get ep 1 out of the way while I'm waiting on stable internet.

This version is online only unfortunately. Would be awesome to play offline, especially during times while the server is down but beggars can't be choosers lol.

kejigoto

Banned
Oh well, suppose I'll have to be patient~

That's what I'm doing as well lol, spent all day thinking about getting home from work to play and just before I can the server goes down.

Thankfully I'm off tomorrow so I'll be staying up late to power level and spending a good chunk of tomorrow playing as well.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
If you right click the file and change compatibility to Windows 95, it should work. At least it does for me.

Praise Saint Million that actually worked! Thanks alot!

silentbum

Neo Member
Anyone else having an issue with the game not remembering your gamepad configs? It keeps resetting the confirm/deny buttons on my controller.

Well I went up a couple of levels today with a group and doing a solo run in the Forest, so that's not bad. I'll give it another try tomorrow night after work.

Indignate

Chucks just crashed our game again.

Luckily this time, at least I stayed in to keep our progress alive!

The Curse of Chucker

thedan001

lol, couple of my friends saw me playing PSO and wanted to join in the fun

I'm glad the server is still up running tonight, it was down the past couple nights

ss_lemonade

Finally got to play for a few minutes, first time online too. Had fun, even though I was barely damaging anything with my weak hand guns lol

Ainaurdur

I was online earlier and d/c so sorry to "crow". i am having usb problems and my wireless router keeps going in and out. think i fixed the problem.

That was my new HUnewearl, Crow.
No worries, I figured it might have been a sudden d/c.

Also, just noticed somebody is already level 75. That is some sweet dedication.

Am I playing this game wrong? I made a RaMar character and did like 9 solo quests but all of them require you going through the same forest killing the same monsters over and over while story flags activate. I got to level 10 in like 2 hours but it was a slog the whole way. Didn't find any cool new gear or stuff to do. Does this get better?

Also, what's the point in equipping techniques if you only have the bare magic stat to use them? They all seem useless as a ranger.

Caim

Am I playing this game wrong? I made a RaMar character and did like 9 solo quests but all of them require you going through the same forest killing the same monsters over and over while story flags activate. I got to level 10 in like 2 hours but it was a slog the whole way. Didn't find any cool new gear or stuff to do. Will this get better? Also, what's the point in equipping techniques if you only have the bare magic stat to use them as a ranger?

I think the first two sets quests are in the Forest and then eventually move on to Cave.

Created a HUnewearl, RAcast and FOnewm. Started on the RAcast and soloed to level 6, it's exactly as I remember it. Looks like everyone is super far ahead though so I'll probably have to do some catching up before hopping into any parties lol.

Foxix Von

Have you tried SMAA or FXAA via ReShade (SweetFX) or RadeonPro? Both work. I moved from ENB to ReShade and my game's lookin' pretty fine.
Not yet. I've never tinkered with Radeon pro before. I like ENB in theory, but the HDR effect is overkill to the point of being nigh unplayable in some instances.

xBladeM6x

We also were able to beat Phantasy Star, Lol. Which actually was a first time for me. On side note, can someone explain what that magnifying glass looking symbol is on the top of the screenshot?

Indignate

We also were able to beat Phantasy Star, Lol. Which actually was a first time for me. On side note, can someone explain what that magnifying glass looking symbol is on the top of the screenshot?

It means you did a search for someone using their guild card and that they were online.

You have to look at the results (F5) for it to go away.

N.A

Banned
Morning all!!

About to get to processing PMs from overnight.

I'm gonna set up a crash report form later so I can look for patterns.

Glad to see the server survived the night :)

xBladeM6x

Someone needs to please explain this to me. What does EFR, EIC, ETH, EDK, ELT mean? I want to switch armors but have no idea what is considered "good" when looking at these stats. Lol

Stider

Someone needs to please explain this to me. What does EFR, EIC, ETH, EDK, ELT mean? I want to switch armors but have no idea what is considered "good" when looking at these stats. Lol

I believe those are elemental resistances, the higher the better if I remember right.

Jackano

Element FiRe
Element ICe
... Thunder
... Dark
... Light

You get the thing.

Par Score

Am I playing this game wrong? I made a RaMar character and did like 9 solo quests but all of them require you going through the same forest killing the same monsters over and over while story flags activate. I got to level 10 in like 2 hours but it was a slog the whole way. Didn't find any cool new gear or stuff to do. Does this get better?

I would never say someone was playing a game "wrong", but this game is really best when you're partied up with other people. Even then, this game is basically about running through the same or similar areas over and over again looking for loot. It's Diablo meets Monster Hunter.

The SP story is about as cool as a game story from 2000 is going to get (especially so if you were a giant Phantasy Star nut back in the day), but I'd rather be blasting through places as a foursome.

Also, what's the point in equipping techniques if you only have the bare magic stat to use them? They all seem useless as a ranger.

Techs are flavour if you're not a Force. Handy for a little extra damage or as "Oh Shit" buttons.

KAP151

As said above, if your not a force, you arent going to be doing much if any significant damage via techs. They are really there for buffs/healing/ports etc. You should really be concentrating on getting you mag leveled and getting some firepower. Maxing ATP, ATA, and LCK is priority first.

The game is a lot better when you party. Some quests give out item rewards (some which are rather convoluted to get). You won't find good gear until you hit (Very) Hard. The buff/heal techs are useful if you don't have a Force in your party.

The attack techs are useful against enemies that can't be hurt for a certain time period, like the twin crabs in Caves. They can't be hurt with regular attacks, until they break apart. Also, Gizonde is useful for breaking boxes due to its chaining effect.

Top Bottom