• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

Indignate

Yes, but the method of downloading mine just makes it easy for people who want to drag and drop. :p

Yeah, but can use the other lobbies as a preview of sorts, that is when I thought the background material also changed (the trees and stuff). I'm only getting color changes. Should the background change too?

xBladeM6x

Yeah, but can use the other lobbies as a preview of sorts, that is when I thought the background material also changed (the trees and stuff). I'm only getting color changes. Should the background change too?

You can use their corresponding lobbies as a preview, yes. You just won't be getting the specific lobby elements with it, like fish tanks, egg baskets, and stuff like that.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Can we get a full list of the server commands?

Yesterday I attempted to lock a room after I had already made the room an open one but the commands I used while on SCHTHACK (it was /setpassword *space* [write password] on that server) didn't work.

And while I haven't found the need to use it I imagine it might get used someday once the server goes public but a /kickplayer *space* [write player name] command would be nice too.

Unless there's no such thing here yet...

Jackano

Also SU/N.A., where can I learn about those PSO servers software? A few page back iirc you talked about 2 or 3 projects.
And quickly said, how those projects were made originally? Does some server code got source free from Sega in a way or another, or does everything has been reverse engineered by fans?

NeoPSO: I need some help. I was on the Wiki, and I was looking at God/Arm drop rates. Apparently, the drop rate for Skyly is great on Hildeblue''s. Apparently, there's a quest where I can fight one, but I can't seem to find it. It's called "Forest of Sorrow".
Long ago there was a fan mod of this quest called strange sighting. It was identical aside from having one Hildeblue at the end. Having guaranteed rare enemies makes it hard to balance the generally higher drop rates they give (though seriously when it comes to ultra rare stuff like the heaven punisher the odds are still terrible)

When it came to God/Arms when schtserv was around I liked doing TTF V.Hard with Redria as you have four Pan arms there and a good drop rate of 2/81 (just make sure to kill them while they pan arms and not while they are split). schtserv also had pretty good drops on the De Rol Le Shell from De Rol Le too (this has the original Mahu drop instead). The other highlights of that run are Magic Rock "Moola"* (1/512 form regular poison lilly) and Devil/ Technique (rare slime, I forget the trick for splitting slimes which gives you 4 slimes for every slime appearance, I think with forces using any AoE tech does it so Rabarta or Gifoie spam works well but physical was attacks missing so spam specials...been a long time since I played the game).

*-Consumable used to make Summit Moon. I had a 60 hit summit moon. Pointless but typical RNG evilness (giving me great hit on something where it doesn't matter).

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Also SU/N.A., where can I learn about those PSO servers software? A few page back iirc you talked about 2 or 3 projects.
And quickly said, how those projects were made originally? Does some server code got source free from Sega in a way or another, or does everything has been reverse engineered by fans?
lol we wished we got the code from SEGA but knowing how Japanese Culture worked back than (this was made more evident with the Silent Hills HD Collection) it wouldn't surprise if SEGA themselves lost the server source code.

But no the server software we have now is a combination of 70% back hacking/reverse engineered (we already had some fan servers up before the official servers went down),15% patch job by adding data from previous entries in the series,15% of self coding and 100% commitment of the community builted over the course of 10 years.

Here the current server software N.A us using:

http://www.pioneer2.net/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=1

Yeah I read yesterday rare enemies were 1/512 exactly.
Even so Forest of Sorrow have 16 hildebears. That's 32 runs to spawn one if you are averagely lucky!

I remember back through my last BB venture, my sole goal for the whole thing was a Frozen Shooter, which had a 1/2 chance of dropping from Hildeblue on Greenill.

I did Forest of Sorrow about 20 times before one showed up, and lo & behold, he didn't drop it. UUUggggghhh. Found one in a random TTF run about 2 months later that did drop it, and I didn't want it anymore. Somethingsomethingdesiresensor.

lol we wished we got the code from SEGA but knowing how Japanese Culture worked back than (this was made more evident with the Silent Hills HD Collection) it wouldn't surprise if SEGA themselves lost the server source code.

But no the server software we have now is a combination of 70% back hacking/reverse engineered (we already had some fan servers up before the official servers went down),15% patch job by adding data from previous entries in the series,15% of self coding and 100% commitment of the community builted over the course of 10 years.
Other servers are Khyller, which supports for PC, GC and BB. But it seems the compatibility for BB wasn't really good. So the developer re-worked it into a new server called newserv... which now seems to be abandoned (?). Sylverant started as a port of Tethealla for Unix based systems, but eventually became its own thing. SCHTHack seems to be using their own server software, dunno if that has ever been released/leaked (considering how popular it is). I guess Tethealla and Sylverant are the only servers in active development, maybe someday they merge into one called Aselia. *cough*

GAF:

OK, I figured out how to access the quest I was looking for; "Forest of Sorrow". I needed to complete some preliminary quests first, before it became available.

Now, I've completed it once, but if I try to activate it again, it's 'greyed out' from the selection list, and I cannot select it again.

How do I repeat 1p quests?

Xion_Stellar

Other servers are Khyller, which supports for PC, GC and BB. But it seems the compatibility for BB wasn't really good. So the developer re-worked it into a new server called newserv... which now seems to be abandoned (?). Sylverant started as a port of Tethealla for Unix based systems, but eventually became its own thing. SCHTHack seems to be using their own server software, dunno if that has ever been released/leaked (considering how popular it is). I guess Tethealla and Sylverant are the only servers in active development, maybe someday they merge into one called Aselia. *cough*
Unfortunately they all had or still have the same fundamental issue at it's core and that is that they all tried to be "The One" which lead to nobody wanting to share progress or findings. For example Principal's Gift Quest on Tethealla Server still remains untranslated in Japanese (Unless N.A hasnt applied some sort of translation patch in the server we are in) while on SCHTHACK this has been translated since 2008 and that wouldn't be a thing now if people would have actually shared information.

Ainaurdur

GAF:

OK, I figured out how to access the quest I was looking for; "Forest of Sorrow". I needed to complete some preliminary quests first, before it became available.

Now, I've completed it once, but if I try to activate it again, it's 'greyed out' from the selection list, and I cannot select it again.

How do I repeat 1p quests?

I believe you simply need to complete all of the following quests and then they will unlock to be repeatable after that.
Of course this only happens for that difficulty level. You'd have to repeat the process for Hard, Very Hard, Ultimate.

I believe you simply need to complete all of the following quests and then they will unlock to be repeatable after that.
Of course this only happens for that difficulty level. You'd have to repeat the process for Hard, Very Hard, Ultimate.

Thanks for the reply. I suspected it would be something like that.

It's okay though, I've found that doing TTF's in F1 spawn me 4 Hildebear's and they take about 3-4 minutes a run. Also, I get to fight the dragon every run, so I'm getting pretty good EXP/hr while still having a decent chance of spotting them.

So I'll be banging these out for a bit today, if anyone wants to tag along for the ride. Dibs on the God/Arm though :p

Zalusithix

Unfortunately they all had or still have the same fundamental issue at it's core and that is that they all tried to be "The One" which lead to nobody wanting to share progress or findings. For example Principal's Gift Quest on Tethealla Server still remains untranslated in Japanese (Unless N.A hasnt applied some sort of translation patch in the server we are in) while on SCHTHACK this has been translated since 2008 and that wouldn't be a thing now if people would have actually shared information.

I'll never understand having a closed source for unofficial servers. You effectively end up replicating the exact situation that they were created to get around. There's just no logical reason. All ego.

clo1_2000

Banned
Hi Guys,
So by luck I got my RA to get a Kama at level 50; where should I go from here?
Also, is Kama a good mag for my HU?
Would also take any advice on a specific mag for my FO who will be using techs, not melee.

I've seen the feeding guides on pso-world, but would like people's feedback on which ones they are enjoying.

Xion_Stellar

Hi Guys,
So by luck I got my RA to get a Kama at level 50; where should I go from here?
Also, is Kama a good mag for my HU?
Would also take any advice on a specific mag for my FO who will be using techs, not melee.

I've seen the feeding guides on pso-world, but would like people's feedback on which ones they are enjoying.
You see the thing is the best general advice your going to get is to go for 5 DEF/145 POW/50 DEX/0 MIND on Mag for a HUnter or RAnger and for FOrce your going to get a different answer depending on which one of the four FOrces you are using. But one thing remains the same and that is that I would never advice ever adding Defense to ANY Mag for any Class.

Of course the advanced version of advice all depends if you care about getting a 4th Evolution Mag,if you want the Mylla-Youlla Photon Blast, and if your trying to Min-Max your character stats.

Jackano

Thanks for the reply. I suspected it would be something like that.

It's okay though, I've found that doing TTF's in F1 spawn me 4 Hildebear's and they take about 3-4 minutes a run. Also, I get to fight the dragon every run, so I'm getting pretty good EXP/hr while still having a decent chance of spotting them.

So I'll be banging these out for a bit today, if anyone wants to tag along for the ride. Dibs on the God/Arm though :p

Sorry should have posted before it was too late for the quest re-doing. I'm definitely grinding Forets of Sorrow too, and cancel the job before finishing it.

clo1_2000

Banned
You see the thing is the best general advice your going to get is to go for 5 DEF/150 POW/50 DEX/0 MIND on Mag for a HUnter or RAnger and for FOrce your going to get a different answer depending on which one of the four FOrces you are using. But one thing remains the same and that is that I would never advice ever adding Defense to ANY Mag for any Class.

Of course the advanced version of advice all depends if you care about getting a 4th Evolution Mag,if you want the Mylla-Youlla Photon Blast, and if your trying to Min-Max your character stats.

Thanks, and here I thought Dex was the answer. Guess I'd better switch up my shit :) I'm not concerned with min/max and 4th evolution, just not totally gimping myself.

Blue-kun

Here again to see if anyone's got a decently high leveled Rafoie disk around? Like say ~10. Trying to get some grind on here, but the speed at which I cast Rafoie currently is just not good enough, haha. Stuff gets close to me before they drop in multi-mode and that's a no-go~

Can pay some meseta for it or, as I put up on the trade thing, could give 2 POW mats (and an extra def one if you fancy that!).

IceIpor

Think of the progress that would have been made if only they worked together... Sigh.

thedan001

Here again to see if anyone's got a decently high leveled Rafoie disk around? Like say ~10. Trying to get some grind on here, but the speed at which I cast Rafoie currently is just not good enough, haha. Stuff gets close to me before they drop in multi-mode and that's a no-go~

Can pay some meseta for it or, as I put up on the trade thing, could give 2 POW mats (and an extra def one if you fancy that!).

I have a rafoie lv11

having a mag with +100 mind helps big time with FO dps too

Re: the awesome trading sheet made by Zal.

Any chance we can get a column for slots in armor? Might be important once people start getting good armor, where slots add tons of value.

thedan001

Any chance we can get a column for slots in armor? Might be important once people start getting good armor, where slots add tons of value.

addslot, only costs 1 photon drop in gallon's shop

of course, info of slots should be on the trade doc, I think the creator said it was a mock up and would work on it later

Zalusithix

addslot, only costs 1 photon drop in gallon's shop

of course, info of slots should be on the trade doc, I think the creator said it was a mock up and would work on it later

Slots field added, and yes, it's still a work in progress. Yesterday evening I compiled a more complete item list that's not just drops. Pretty much everything should be in there now, aside from the 30 levels of each technique disk. I just left a generic one for each technique. I figure it makes more sense to use the grinder level for tech level than add in another 29*tech-count items. I also have a listing of weapon effects that I can integrate into the weapon field.

Edit: Implemented the weapon effect and added a column freeze so the primary trade data is always visible. Won't matter at all for people with wider screens, but it should keep the trade info from scrolling off screen on less wide ones. On the flip side, if the monitor is really narrow, that'll be pretty much all you see. I don't think anybody is on that narrow of a monitor though. The other problem would be mobile, but the sheet relies on lots of validation and mobile doesn't have that.

thedan001

Slots field added, and yes, it's still a work in progress. Yesterday evening I compiled a more complete item list that's not just drops. Pretty much everything should be in there now, aside from the 30 levels of each technique disk. I just left a generic one for each technique. I figure it makes more sense to use the grinder level for tech level than add in another 29*tech-count items. I also have a listing of weapon effects that I can integrate into the weapon field.

Edit: Implemented the weapon effect and added a column freeze so the primary trade data is always visible. Won't matter at all for people with wider screens, but it should keep the trade info from scrolling off screen on less wide ones. On the flip side, if the monitor is really narrow, that'll be pretty much all you see. I don't think anybody is on that narrow of a monitor though. The other problem would be mobile, but the sheet relies on lots of validation and mobile doesn't have that.

appreciate all of this

with the trade doc as is, people might get flooded with responses or requests and end up having to pick 1 out of a group, I know some players don't like being in that scenario

what if someone posts asking for something, and player A has the item, but so does player B. There any way we can have a column to put in and say "I got this, PM me when available" so everyone can see it's been claimed, even though the trade transaction is still in queue.

Thoughts?

Xion_Stellar

Think of the progress that would have been made if only they worked together... Sigh.

Ideally what could have been was a fully functional server software with all the bugs fixed,all Quests in working condition and fullly translated,a fully working C-Mode,a fully working Team System and the full ability to edit/add/remove Quests/items.

All of that would have been possible in these past 10 years but as you can see that never happened.

Still even with these people working on the "Classic" PSO others look Towards The Future and 2 new projects sprung up around the time SCHTHACK imploded on itself.

There's a Person/Team that's trying to do an HD Remake of PSO using Unity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ZiIWGASYc

and there's another project where a user named zaykho is working on getting PSO to run and function in HTML 5:

http://www.gravitrek.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18

So competition is not too bad in this case but it would have been nice if we would have gotten the original server software completely up and running first.

What's your IGN? I have a level 13, needs 469 MST, i don't know if that is fine or not. Let me know, and I"ll keep a lookout for something closer to 10, for the time being.

Zalusithix

appreciate all of this

with the trade doc as is, people might get flooded with responses or requests and end up having to pick 1 out of a group, I know some players don't like being in that scenario

what if someone posts asking for something, and player A has the item, but so does player B. There any way we can have a column to put in and say "I got this, PM me when available" so everyone can see it's been claimed, even though the trade transaction is still in queue.

Thoughts?

If in the first scenario, if you mean a bunch of people want a given item, I figure it'll work the same as it would in any other method. First to PM gets the deal. I can't leave it up to the sheet to claim first dibs on the item because it's open to everybody, and thus ripe for abuse by conveniently overwriting somebody else's claim.

In the second scenario where somebody wants something and multiple people want to give them it, then yes, I could put in a field for claiming it. It's not exactly something that you'd have to be concerned about abuse with as I don't think people will fight for the privilege of giving something.

Speaking of names, originally I was going to have the character name listed on the sheet and have it look up the GAF name via the member sheet, and display both. Bonus points would have went to auto-hyperlinking it to the PM page for them, but that's not really possible given GAF runs on numeric UIDs for those functions and not the actual handles.

Anyhow, getting back to the whole claiming aspect, I think I could actually finagle the sheet to allow claims that couldn't be abused. Technically it would involve another (locked) page with a google form reporting to it. The primary trade page would generate a unique identifier for any given trade. A person would enter the trade ID into the form along with their name (and potentially what they're offering) and submit which would lock the offer into the claim page. The primary trade page could then look up the claim page and determine the first offer for something. Nobody (aside from myself) would be able to alter the claim page. I'll have to play with the concept on my prototyping sheet.

Edit: I could actually pre-populate the form with the trade ID via the link to the form. That way you'd just click on the trade link, fill in your name (and whatever else it might end up supporting), submit and done. It'd still lack certain capabilities like being able to retract or modify a claim though. You'd also be capable of filing false claims for other people. Those two limitations combined allow a different sort of manipulation that's not much better than the first unfortunately. Really no fool proof way of doing things that I can think of that doesn't require pass codes / pins, and that's outside of the project scope. At that point you're better off coding a whole trade platform from scratch using a real database. I'll have to mull over the possibilities some more.

Blue-kun

I'm on NeoPSO if you want it, couple power mats is ok

There now too. Chara name is Reika~! (with the !, Section IDs lol).

I'm waiting in a room called 'Rafoie', so when you're free just pop up there or so! Thanks.

@Busta - It's Reika~! Though now I'll run out of POW mats trading with thedan, sorry! :(

Jackano

What a couple runs guys. Solo unfortunately but still.

Back in the day on BB I was playing the morning and doing some other stuff on the afternoon. One of my clearest memory was farming Gi-Gues for their body parts.
Eventually after a week and a good dozen runs I got it. Hard but good work.

Well I kinda did that again, but with Greenhill ID and Hard, meaning Wals-MK2.
So Phantasmal World #1, my first Ep.2 run... took quiet a long time (that is not optimized at all), probably 30-45 mins for each of the two zones. And no red boxes in sight in Jungle.
Then, beginning of the second zone (seaside), the first Gi-gue to be seen in almost 10 years spawn, almost kill me, then dies, and drop a Wals-MK2 with 30% on native. Mission accomplished!

I'm spamming the crap out the dragon TTF. it's like 18k exp in 4 minutes, if anyone wants to join the train.

Also, anyone want to do some full VH Mines runs tonight?

SoldatJ

Neo Member
Then, beginning of the second zone (seaside), the first Gi-gue to be seen in almost 10 years spawn, almost kill me, then dies, and drop a Wals-MK2 with 30% on native. Mission accomplished!

Congrats! I hate those big bees with a passion.

On a different subject, I'm running into a bit of a dilemma. I'm trying to farm TP materials, but from what I've researched the only two consistent ways of getting them come down to gambling at Gallon's Shop or in the Rappy's Holiday quest. Neither of which is very efficient. I'm starting to think it's impractical to farm TP mats now. Does anyone have any insight on the matter?

CLaddyOnFire

Neo Member
I'm spamming the crap out the dragon TTF. it's like 18k exp in 4 minutes, if anyone wants to join the train.

Also, anyone want to do some full VH Mines runs tonight?

What level do you need to be to do it? I'm in my upper 20's but I'd love fast exp and to not play solo for a while haha

thedan001

What level do you need to be to do it? I'm in my upper 20's but I'd love fast exp and to not play solo for a while haha

It's TTF in very hard mode which is lv50+ requirement

I would suggest looking or starting TTF runs with a group in hard mode and do forest>caves>mines then restart, or just farm forest only

Ruins is more trouble than its worth for exp'ing groups

Awww, yeah bud, 50+. Tell you what, once you get to 50 give me a shout, and I can power level you for a bit.

Again, to anyone else. I don't mind helping out, I like helping newer players out.

Edit: But for now, I'm with Tom, we are doing EP2 stuff, the room is open to all.

Eoyote

Neo Member

Are you still looking for one? I just looted a Lv 15 disk. You're welcome to take it for free. Let me know.

Blue-kun

Are you still looking for one? I just looted a Lv 15 disk. You're welcome to take it for free. Let me know.

Got it from thedan already, but thanks for the offer!

Now just too tired to actually play the game so sitting there and feeding the MAG every other ~4m (sometimes more cause AFK lol). PSO2 spoiled me, as I'm under the impression mags grow a lot faster there, and it's easier to find 'good' food too, haha.

Zalusithix

OK, here's a proof of concept of a "claim" model on a trade sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WhHSFWZXd-QXAuK9pH4Qon2yTpmD1sa51wx_mY4OgQU/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Column A would normally be hidden, but I'm showing it now for illustrative purposes. Basically by clicking on the claim link of a given entry, you're brought to a form where you can "reserve" it. The sheet auto updates to show it has been claimed and by who. Any subsequent claims are logged in the responses page, but ignored.

A trade can be "reset" by changing the status of the trade to something else and back again. It generates a new trade ID which renders the previous trade ID and any claims for it moot as far as the primary page goes. Once again, everything is logged in the responses, so there's technically a record of everything. In a real situation the hash would include trade details to further proof it, but right now it's just hashing the gaf name with a timestamp of the entry.

Edit: Feel free to screw around with it to get a feeling for how it works. It's not like there's anything important there to lose.

Edit 2: Scratch that. It appears the hash cells are sometimes recalculating even without a change to the cells they reference. Recalculating the hash generates a new timestamp, which in turn changes the hash for a given listing. This results in the listing and response pages being out of sync, and every single item being unclaimed. It's possible to get around that quirk with a more static hash that doesn't rely on a timestamp, but then purposely resetting a listing is... harder. Not impossible, but it would require more scripting and thought on how to ideally do it. For now, however, sleep.

KAP151

3 de-sync errors that booted me today.

All while in bank.

I thought the latest patch was supposed to fix this?

Almost to the point where im not even gonna risk going to bank, unless im mag feeding.

=(

thedan001

This will work for now until I find another one with 50% HIT that I accidentally picked 30% from tekker (I still have got over it yet)

Gonna keep looking for more to finish the set (native/beast/dark)

QJfcEUGl.png

Xion_Stellar

3 de-sync errors that booted me today.

All while in bank.

I thought the latest patch was supposed to fix this?

Almost to the point where im not even gonna risk going to bank, unless im mag feeding.

=(

That patch has not been released and applied yet.

thedan001

I spent like 100k and 3 hours trying to get the right charge vulcan before I gave up.

I don't know how much you played before, ??? weapons are already generated before going to the tekker

The specials can either be as is or +1 and the %'s randomly change by 0, +10% or -10%

So whenever I find a ??? vulcan with 40% hit and tekker turns out to be charge, KEEP IT and redo tekker until 50% hit, then proceed to pwnzors bosses

I accidently tekked a charge vulcan that had 40% hit into 30% instead of 50%

If you already knew all this, good for others to catch on at least

EDIT: I brought several 4 slotted absorb armors from npc, it is lv47 req and I'm giving this out for free to anyone that needs it, posting on the trade doc

K.Sabot

I don't know how much you played before, ??? weapons are already generated before going to the tekker

The specials can either be as is or +1 and the %'s randomly change by 0, +10% or -10%

So whenever I find a ??? vulcan with 40% hit and tekker turns out to be charge, KEEP IT and redo tekker until 50% hit, then proceed to pwnzors bosses

I accidently tekked a charge vulcan that had 40% hit into 30% instead of 50%

If you already knew all this, good for others to catch on at least

Yeah I mean I got a few charge vulcans while doing ttf but I had poor luck getting a decent hit % while keeping it the charge vulcan instead of berserk / spirit and etc.

Top Bottom