• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

thedan001

Started my quest for frozen shooter today, it drops from rare hildetorr (ultimate hildeblue)

droprate is 1/2 according to PSO-world, so just a matter of getting that thing to pop

did 22 forest of sorrow runs at 16 spawns per, no luck yet

time to zzz, good luck fellow hunters

Marley party, best party, juss sayin'.

I scored a 50% hit Charge Repeater. I was pretty stoked, until I realized it wasn't a Vulcan. Still cool though. Is there anything a higher tier than Vulcan?|

xBladeM6x

I scored a 50% hit Charge Repeater. I was pretty stoked, until I realized it wasn't a Vulcan. Still cool though. Is there anything a higher tier than Vulcan?|

large.gif

thedan001

With charge special? Only option than a vulcan is a S-Rank mechguns with charge special and custom %'s.

Since challenge mode is broken atm, vulcan's are top tier atm for charge specials

GAME-CHANGER: I remembered that I was able to add %'s to weapons somehow while I was hosting my own PSO server a couple years back and I was able to find out about it

Only catch is we cannot add % to HIT, but we can add % for other areas in any weapon except S-Ranks

Adding % to a weapon QUEST

This should be added to the OT, just so people can be aware about it when they get their favorite rare drop with all 0%'s

HAHHA I spent like 60k in the course of about 20 minutes, using it, what I thought was "sparingly".

Ya. No.

Edit: Dan, where did you find the Vulcan affix? What zone were you in?

thedan001

HAHHA I spent like 60k in the course of about 20 minutes, using it, what I thought was "sparingly".

Ya. No.

Edit: Dan, where did you find the Vulcan affix? What zone were you in?

I only recommend charge vulcans for bosses to conserve meseta

Section ID's drop specific weapons more than others, so purplenum drop mechguns like candy. I find them often in Vhard Ruins, or Ult Forest

Anyone found the infamous box room yet? I'm assuming the quest in question is on this server. It was an episode 2 one.

With charge special? Only option than a vulcan is a S-Rank mechguns with charge special and custom %'s.

Since challenge mode is broken atm, vulcan's are top tier atm for charge specials

GAME-CHANGER: I remembered that I was able to add %'s to weapons somehow while I was hosting my own PSO server a couple years back and I was able to find out about it

Only catch is we cannot add % to HIT, but we can add % for other areas in any weapon except S-Ranks

Adding % to a weapon QUEST

This should be added to the OT, just so people can be aware about it when they get their favorite rare drop with all 0%'s
Just remember S-ranks can't naturally be charge you can go with the HP or TP consuming sacrifice special though. Sure Admin can make charge S-ranks but I think the revert if ever banked.

I also remember on schtserv it was recomended to not have more than one photon sphere as the server would tend to eat stacks of them.

Anyone up for running some ULT later? Seems like the bridge from VH to ULT is quite long. I'm level ~110ish now, and although I've been able to play in ULT for a while now, I can't actually clear rooms efficiently on my own.

Looking to maybe get a solid party up later. We can do F1-R3 runs, quests, (even ep2/4 VH), whatever, I just want to party up and smash some baddies.

Zalusithix

I revised the claim system so it doesn't suffer the rehash problem while still having a method to reset a given trade entry.

It required using a custom function that fires on any sheet edit. The ID is built using the user name, trade action, item name, and exact time that the trade type was selected. This should ensure that it will be unique for every trade with the exception of when you want to use the same slot to relist something (updated quantity for instance). In those cases, you can use the "Reset" trade action and it'll reset the trade type and the time stamp will regenerate when you reselect the trade type. It's not perfect as it glitches a bit with range edits, but realistically, those shouldn't happen in the first place, and expending additional computation time dealing with them on a function that fires for any given cell edit doesn't seem worth it.

The system can theoretically be expanded off from to query all claimants for a given trade, what's being offered in return, etc. This is just the bare minimum level of functionality.

Any comments on the functionality and whether it's worth implementing the system into the real trade sheet are welcome. If people would rather stick to the current PM only method, I won't bother dumping more time into the feature.

Eoyote

Neo Member
Is there a way to alt-tab out of the game when using Windowed Borderless Gaming? If I have something running in the background I can alt-tab to it, but if PSOBB is the only thing running, it won't allow me to switch out.

N.A

Banned
Is there a way to alt-tab out of the game when using Windowed Borderless Gaming? If I have something running in the background I can alt-tab to it, but if PSOBB is the only thing running, it won't allow me to switch out.

I don't think so unfortunately so you'll have to make sure something else is running :(

Anyone up for running some ULT later? Seems like the bridge from VH to ULT is quite long. I'm level ~110ish now, and although I've been able to play in ULT for a while now, I can't actually clear rooms efficiently on my own.

Looking to maybe get a solid party up later. We can do F1-R3 runs, quests, (even ep2/4 VH), whatever, I just want to party up and smash some baddies.

I'm up for some runs later. Wanna do Ult more with people, and I've barely played Ep 2/4.

Veldin

I'm doing ultimate all the time and anyone is free to join. I'll try to keep my rooms open for a bit if I'm doing a quest.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
A Rival in the Making Contest!

┌──────────────────────────────────────
|It's been ages...Uhh...Have you gotten stronger since then?
└───y──────────────────────────────────
c3ce51a6-d70c-4d6d-9861-4089011ef50c.jpg

┌────────────────────────────────────────────
|You don't remember me? I'm Kireek, also know as the Black Hound.
└───y────────────────────────────────────────

┌────────────────────────────────────
|I bet you've gotten at least a little better. Heh heh heh...
└───y────────────────────────────────

┌──────────────
|A new worthy rival...
└───y──────────

┌───────────────────────
|My only reason for living is to fight
└───y───────────────────

┌────────────────────────────────
|So we'll just see how much better you've gotten!
└───y────────────────────────────

Greetings my fellow Hunters! Xion_Stellar here announcing our very first PSO Contest here on NeoPSO and of course that means that this contest is for NeoGaf Juniors and Members only.

The Goal:Be the first player to reach Lv.200 on NeoPSO!

The Prize:I will gift you one PSO OST of your choice on *iTunes so your choices are the following: Phantasy Star Online OST,or Phantasy Star Online Songs of RAGOL Odyssey Soundtrack 〜EPISODE 1&2〜, or Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst Episode Ⅳ (Soundtrack).

So here are the contest Rules and Guidelines:

0-No exceptions you must have a registered account on NeoGaf to participate
1-You must provide proof that you reached Lv.200 and here’s how:
-You can meet me in-game and I will personally verify that your Lv.200
-You can record footage of you logging into NeoPSO with your Lv.200 character
-You can take a Screenshot of your Lv.200 character with a NeoPSO GM and PM me the Screenshot
-Take a Screenshot of your Lv.200 character with other NeoGaf members that can vouch for you and PM me the Screenshot​
2-There’s only going to be one winner

*The winner must have a registered iTunes Account so regional restrictions may apply.

N.A

Banned
Awesome Xion_Stellar! Thanks a lot for doing this!

Unfortunately i'm already like 70 levels behind the front runners :p

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I think the highest I seen yesterday was someone named xLevix or something like that

edit: lol I just noticed that weird Tag I got

Xion_Stellar

where the PSO episode 3 ost mang
Well it's technically there and I can add it to the list of potential prizes but I didn't think anyone would care for it since hardly anybody played Episode III not to mention that the Prizes are in within the context of the Episodes of PSO this server has access to.

If you're in Windows 10 you can. Just open a new desktop and run what you need there.

It's on, I guess,

Also, chupacabra still eludes me. I'm starting to wonder if the TTF quest is even capable of spawning one.

What are the rates of seeing a rare enemy, in general? Is it like 1/512 for everything that has a rare variant? And if that's the case, wouldn't we have seen some kind of rare enemy by now?

I don't know, all this Hildeblue hunting is making me question everything.

Jackano

It's on, I guess,

Also, chupacabra still eludes me. I'm starting to wonder if the TTF quest is even capable of spawning one.

What are the rates of seeing a rare enemy, in general? Is it like 1/512 for everything that has a rare variant? And if that's the case, wouldn't we have seen some kind of rare enemy by now?

I don't know, all this Hildeblue hunting is making me question everything.

With TTF you've got 4 is that it?
Are you sure to have done 125 runs?

But the question is still open I guess. Have someone seen a a rare monster?
Can NA/SU asks the developers, or organize a 24h hunt with an ameliored rare monsters rate?

Well it's technically there and I can add it to the list of potential prizes but I didn't think anyone would care for it since hardly anybody played Episode III not to mention that the Prizes are in within the context of the Episodes of PSO this server has access to.
those people should probably go play episode 3, shits good

Zalusithix

There doesn't appear to be much interest in it, but by I did a basic test of claim aggregation on a multi-item listing. It's not perfect, but it's mostly possible. The main sheet can count up all requests/offers and generate a link to an external query of the results to show who claimed how much. Could set the claim link to disappear once the claim quantity meets or exceeds the offer quantity. You can't really prevent manual submissions or claiming more than is available, however. It would be up to the person to sort out issues like that.

I really think I'm pushing these sheets to do more than they were ever designed to do. This sort of thing really needs a true database, accounts, and custom logic to work in an ideal fashion. Though it is interesting to see how much you can bend generic forms and spreadsheets into a trade platform.

With TTF you've got 4 is that it?
Are you sure to have done 125 runs?

But the question is still open I guess. Have someone seen a a rare monster?
Can NA/SU asks the developers, or organize a 24h hunt with an ameliored rare monsters rate?

Not quite, so I really shouldn't be complaining. I've seen just about 300 Hildebears now, but the point I was trying to make is; I haven't seen any rare enemy, anywhere, at anytime, in the ~70 hours I've played.

There doesn't appear to be much interest in it, but by I did a basic test of claim aggregation on a multi-item listing. It's not perfect, but it's mostly possible. The main sheet can count up all requests/offers and generate a link to an external query of the results to show who claimed how much. Could set the claim link to disappear once the claim quantity meets or exceeds the offer quantity. You can't really prevent manual submissions or claiming more than is available, however. It would be up to the person to sort out issues like that.

I really think I'm pushing these sheets to do more than they were ever designed to do. This sort of thing really needs a true database, accounts, and custom logic to work in an ideal fashion. Though it is interesting to see how much you can bend generic forms and spreadsheets into a trade platform.

Not only that, but Google Sheets wasn't meant to be quite as feature packed as Excel either. Unless you can get into Javascript (which is what it uses instead of VBA), you've basically pushed Google Sheets to its limits.

Zalusithix

Not only that, but Google Sheets wasn't meant to be quite as feature packed as Excel either. Unless you can get into Javascript (which is what it uses instead of VBA), you've basically pushed Google Sheets to its limits.

This is actually functionality with javascript. Very basic stuff, but still a custom script just the same. Without the scripting, the hashing wouldn't be unique, consistent, and still have the ability to be reset. Given enough additional code, I could make up for some of the other shortfalls elsewhere, but the question becomes: why bother? There's a point where it becomes less work to do something the proper way than it is to force things to work in ways that they were never intended to. Basically, if I'm going that far into the bowels of the spreadsheet and google's APIs, I might as well create a real trade platform that would hook up to the server's login database. That way you have real authentication and can provide more purposeful tools to the user.

Eoyote

Neo Member
I've yet to see a rare monster either. Is their appearance rate the same as the original game? They've always been rare, but I'm starting to wonder if something is off as well.

thedan001

Rare enemies have been that rare

I think... playing PSO on Dreamcast and Gamecube for years combined: I have only legit seen 3 rare enemies without using a pipe trick

With pipe trick, I always got about 2-3 rare enemies in 1 day

Hence why I call for increased spawnrate/droprate for rare enemies/items or recurring boosted events

Back to hunting hildetorrs, I should be 0/480 by now with 30 Forest of Sorrow runs since I started a couple days ago

I know we have a trade area, but I have several variants of both the Dragon Slayer, and the Yamato, some with %, even some with hit%, and I'm giving them out to new players.

Just find me in-game, (HUmarley) or ask me here.

Have at least 5 of each.

Couple of quick questions I have:

1. What makes TTF better to grind than something like th AOL cup? Is it because you go through all of the areas and fight all of the bosses?

2. How do unlock further quests in single player mode? I finished up to the one with the downed "cruise ship" and nothing unlocked after that. Its been so long since I last played, i forgot how to progress any further.

Thanks again to N.A. for setting this up, I've been having tons of fun!

thedan001

Another day, no Hildetorr... but a Rappy took pity on me and dropped a red handgun, I put all my grinders I saved up to make it +50, which brings me nearly +1100 atp
farming ultimate mode just got way easier

Bonus: I have Resta, Rabarta and Deband all at Lv15, the first Humar to respond to me gets these tech disks for free! Those are the max level tech you can get as a HUmar

I know we have a trade area, but I have several variants of both the Dragon Slayer, and the Yamato, some with %, even some with hit%, and I'm giving them out to new players.

Just find me in-game, (HUmarley) or ask me here.

Have at least 5 of each.

I would like a Dragon Slayer with hit% for a new Hunewearl Im gonna start out, if you rather save them for brand new players, that's fine too

I found a hell calibur with 30% hit, you said you were looking for these, want it?

Couple of quick questions I have:

1. What makes TTF better to grind than something like th AOL cup? Is it because you go through all of the areas and fight all of the bosses?

2. How do unlock further quests in single player mode? I finished up to the one with the downed "cruise ship" and nothing unlocked after that. Its been so long since I last played, i forgot how to progress any further.

1) I forget what is in AOL, but episode 1 boss rush is just easier since can bring full native% weapons and farm dragon for good exp/hr

2) There's government quests from the principal, and then there's single player mode quests that you access by setting up a 1 player mode game and solo those

Top Bottom