• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

Okay, I'm not mathsmart, what is the new, and old decimal rates, as fractions?

Also, If I die with a Scape Doll, do I lose EXP?
The mistaken rate were about 1/14000. Given official is 1/512 that is quite a departure. Rates starting tomorrow is 1/200.

I don't know about this server but schtserv did not have the lose EXP upon death implemented (it wa sa feature in blue burst...I think level 199 players could lose a million EXP) as it just leads to people playing forest when they are anywhere near leveling up.

Can anyone test? I'll try it once I level up if not. Because if there is no EXP loss, like I've thought there was, then it's time for yolo strats.

Edit: and thanks for the numbers, Starwolf_UK.

thedan001

1/200 spawn rates for rare enemies should be good for trading between ID's

No need to fix ID exclusive loot if N.A starts open registration, I'd figure

CHUUUUUUUUUUPACABRAAAAAAAAAA

le3nPSx.jpg

AND (on the same run!!!):

WmdfV6U.jpg

Okay, so I used this opportunist to test the piping method, and in about 100 pipes, in a room with several potential rare enemies, I had 0 rare enemy sightings. I should have at least seen 5 in that time, with the current rate. Not conclusive, but I thought I'd share my testing with y'all. Plz let me know if you've also tried piping, and what your results were.

Eoyote

Neo Member
Is anyone getting more desyncs than usual? I've gotten 7 in the last hour. I can't even clear an area because of it.

Okay, so I used this opportunist to test the piping method, and in about 100 pipes, in a room with several potential rare enemies, I had 0 rare enemy sightings. I should have at least seen 5 in that time, with the current rate. Not conclusive, but I thought I'd share my testing with y'all. Plz let me know if you've also tried piping, and what your results were.

Piping does NOT work online. It never has on any version.

Is anyone getting more desyncs than usual? I've gotten 7 in the last hour. I can't even clear an area because of it.

Piping does NOT work online. It never has on any version.

Thanks. Seems like there was a bit of confusion about this earlier in the thread. It feels like cheating anyways :p, but I was doing it for science.

Par Score

Bluefull is DEF+DEX = POW+MIND isn't it? You've got your POW and DEX backwards I think.

Yeah, here we go:
NIDRA:
To get Nidra you need to balance out one of the following equations (DEF + DEX = POW + MIND), with Viridia, Bluefull, Redria or Whitill ID; (DEF + POW = DEX + MIND), with Skyly, Pinkal or Yellowboze ID; OR (DEF + MIND= POW + DEX) with Greenil, Purplenum or Oran ID. All must be given to a Male FO (FOmar/FOnewm) at this level.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Oh geez, lol. Well, time to raise it again.

Was going according to this guide.
You see some of those guides are misleading so what I do I look up multiple sources, than I test out or verify a guide by using the Mag Farm THAN I go and feed my mags according to my feeding plans.

As a level 43 (my highest character) what is the best way to make meseta for my mag feedings?
Pick up a bunch of ???? Weapons (Not Red Boxes), get them identified and sell them.

^^WTF, I think I just had the same thing happen to me. I'm trying to get the robit MAG: Savitri, but when I banked my mag lvl. 99 Varaha (with only 1 dimate feeding left) in the common bank, and picked it up with my HUcaseal w/Blueful ID it was a regular Varaha already at 100....?

Viridia, Blueful, Redria or Whitill
DEF+DEX is equal to POW+MIND. Male Hunters will get a Diva, female Hunters will get a Savitri, male Rangers will get a Pushan, female Rangers will get a Rukimin, male Forces will get the Nidora and female Forces will get a Shato.

Stats were 5/49/45/0, did I herp? Is the the MAG desync thing going on?

EDIT: ALL IS WELL. I fed it a monomate and it turned into the robit. YAY!

EDIT2 Annnnnnd it's messed up again.

Yes, when? I'll be on in about 20 minutes from now. PM sent.

Busta and I are gonna do some Ultimate in 15 mins if anyone else wants in!

EDIT: Not many people around now, but would love to find two more to do Ult runs with this evening. Hit me up if you are interested in doing some runs tonight.

SoldatJ

Neo Member
I found some information yesterday that might help newbies like me.
Each character has a maximum limit each stat can go up to, which can be seen here. I thought the values listed in the link were the values for each character at Lv. 200, but they are actually the numbers for their max potential.

There is also a stat calculator for each class in PSOBB here. It's in Japanese, but I made a translated image of the values.

If there is demand for a translation of the units in the drop down list, I can put a spreadsheet together later tonight.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I found some information yesterday that might help newbies like me.
Each character has a maximum limit each stat can go up to, which can be seen here. I thought the values listed in the link were the values for each character at Lv. 200, but they are actually the numbers for their max potential.

There is also a stat calculator for each class in PSOBB here. It's in Japanese, but I made a translated image of the values.

If there is demand for a translation of the units in the drop down list, I can put a spreadsheet together later tonight.

Yeah....I didn't post this because I didn't want to overwhelm new players with this information about Max Stats and SoldatJ thanks for the offer but there's no need to do that as this stuff was figured out years ago.

http://schtserv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=272

If anyone wants to Max Stats they just make the appropriate Mag,Eat the appropriate amount of Mats and Equip the appropriate Units.

thedan001

I'm in a huge need of photon drops

I'm willing to trade 3 mats = 1 pd

I have a good number of each mats, especially mind mats

shoot me a PM if interested, I need about 35 pd's

Oh, you damn troll game! Dropped me a nice pile of Meseta...

Be careful, if hildetorr shoots megid at alicia and she dies... game over and you get kicked into lobby

SoldatJ

Neo Member
Yeah....I didn't post this because I didn't want to overwhelm new players with this information about Max Stats and SoldatJ thanks for the offer but there's no need to do that as this stuff was figured out years ago.

http://schtserv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=272

If anyone wants to Max Stats they just make the appropriate Mag,Eat the appropriate amount of Mats and Equip the appropriate Units.

All right. Thanks for the resource. My only argument against guides like those is that they heavily rely upon rare units that aren't the easiest to farm. It's more practical for someone to max the stats they think are important to their character instead of maxing out everything with the help of rare drops. Also knowing how to use the stats calculator gives the user more freedom to make their own builds, but if no one cares about it, oh well.

thedan001

All right. Thanks for the resource. My only argument against guides like those is that they heavily rely upon rare units that aren't the easiest to farm. It's more practical for someone to max the stats they think are important to their character instead of maxing out everything with the help of rare drops. Also knowing how to use the stats calculator gives the user more freedom to make their own builds, but if no one cares about it, oh well.

Also... those guides don't take new EP.4 units into account either, I'm talking specifically the heavenly/xxxxx units

Yes, theyre rare too but gives more options

Also... those guides don't take new EP.4 units into account either, I'm talking specifically the heavenly/xxxxx units

Yes, theyre rare too but gives more options

WTB: Heavenly/Battle. :p

The calculator is good if you don't plan on actually hitting 200, but want to max a stat, like say ATP. You can find out what you need, at what level, in what combination, to hit your desired stat. I had to calculate this manually the other day, trying to max my ATA as soon as I could, cause DAMN, HUmar's ATA is baaaaaaaaaad. MISS MISS MISS. (I've always only played Ranger classes in the past)

Fancykong

Hi, just joining in on this after putting in almost 400+ hours in the GameCube versions. Hope to have some good experiences since I got the GC versions after the servers were shut down.

Name: XIgbar

All the max stat talks reminds me of how much I preferred PSOv1 approach of just letting you fully max all stats and having no material limit. I always prefer just playing over having something like that looming over my head with the worry/stress that my character might go irreversibly wrong in the back of my mind. I might find mag feeding a grind but the nice thing is that you can always find new mags if you mess up your current one and the time to max one of those is tiny compared to how long a character takes :/

Jackano

Some of you guys are progressing so fast!

Currently on my to do list:
- Finish all quests to gain access to everything again and particularly Montague (who is the best NPC);
Edit: Booma's Claw for everyone! Ask and get one!

- Still have to get a photon thing from Hard Vol Opt :(
- Still have to run TTF Dragon to get the 10* stuff in VH

I am now exclusively green

!

It's my bestest buddy ever!

Why haven't you invited me to LEGO yet? I feel so left out.

Rare enemy rates were changed, then hours later:

That's pretty nice! Do you get an ATP buff with the Red Sword?

Also, I'm still rockin' level ~60ish Armour/Barrier, I should really change that. I don't know what I should try to go hunting for though, any suggestions for a HUmar?

Top Bottom