• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

Scirrocco

So how do you start the episode 2 main story quests? The only version I ever played was Ver1 on the dreamcast, so being able to check out episodes 2 and 4 was something I was really looking forward too. But when i go it just has side stories. Do you need to beat Falz, or get to a certain level?

Veldin

That's pretty nice! Do you get an ATP buff with the Red Sword?

Also, I'm still rockin' level ~60ish Armour/Barrier, I should really change that. I don't know what I should try to go hunting for though, any suggestions for a HUmar?

No atp buff until I can find a Red Saber or Slicer. As for rare shields there's not many that are good on their own and something like a Kasami Bracer or Tripolic Shield is really rare. Flowen's Shield was a pretty unlikely drop so I'm wearing it for fun, but for hunters a shield from the shop like Spiritual Shield is all there is for a while.

Eoyote

Neo Member
Server restarted successfully :)

New rare enemy spawn rates 0.5-0.6% (1/200 - 3/500)

Aw man, I knew it! Went 0/4 last night on Hiildetorr. Should be interesting to see how long it takes to find one now.

EDIT: First run in! Meh % but it's better than nothing!

thedan001

So yeah, they exists! :)

Aw man, I knew it! Went 0/4 last night on Hiildetorr. Should be interesting to see how long it takes to find one now.

0.7%~0.8% rates were a tad bit too high, I ran into 2 rare rappies in 1 fake in yellow run like several times

The new rates decreases the spawn rates a little, but enough so you will see rare enemies occasionally while playing, I already saw 1 post update after playing for 2-3 hours and that's generous in PSO standards

The positive effect from this will help bring in interesting rares from various ID and start up a trading market with a small playerbase, in my opinion

@Jackano, amazing screenshot of falling rappies

Eoyote

Neo Member
Is there something wrong with the server? I'm getting random disconnects followed by "server is full" and something about a patch server.

Crystalkoen

Just started doing Episode 2 here... holy shit, are these things for real? Cloaked Sinow? Cloaked traps? Enemies with 1k+ HP on Normal? Da fuq?

I can see why people stick with TTF runs and Ep1 content.

EDIT: And Caves-quality drops. This really does not feel like it's worth the time. Hopefully it has solid storyline fleshing-out.

I had something -else- weird happen with my MAG just now.

I was playing in a room with veldin, was getting whooped, needed to resupply so TP'd up to shops. While I was there, I restocked my MAG food and proceeded to feed my MAG.

Well, after 3 feedings, the "Give Items" option was NOT greyed out, I was a little confused, so I tried to feed it again, and it went. Then again, it STILL was not greyed out, and I fed it again for a 5th time. At this point it leveled up, and "Give Items" was no longer available.

So ya, I fed my MAG 5 times in one feeding. I checked my inventory, and sure enough 5 Antidotes were missing from the stack I had just resupplied.

Weird.

thedan001

Finally after about 30-40 max attack B router runs in EP4, this dropped

I'm gonna keep running for more V101 for friends or to trade out

4Iq1HD4.png

My current set up (yes, i need to replace that shield, I will play a redria hunewearl to find better one later)

My next target rare is the infamous spread needle for crowd control, its in utl ruins so I'll need groups to help clear out x.x

04xA9GH.png

NICE. I remember doing that on Schthack a few years ago - grinding for V101. It took so dang long. Took me 3 weeks or so and about 50 runs. My buddy tries it and gets it his 3rd run.

4Iq1HD4.png

My current set up (yes, i need to replace that shield, I will play a redria hunewearl to find better one later)

My next target rare is the infamous spread needle for crowd control, its in utl ruins so I'll need groups to help clear out x.x

04xA9GH.png

Nice you got V101! Did a couple more runs myself today :D

SoldatJ

Neo Member
I just got a Heavenly/Power (55ATP). If someone wants to trade, tell me.

Also, I am jealous of everyone's rare equipment!!

so, my friend jumped on and we did a forest run, then went and just started endless nightmare forest. When we both hit enemies neither of us get XP, if one of us kills it, that person gets XP but way less per kill than they should.

Anyone know whats up

thedan001

I just got a Heavenly/Power (55ATP). If someone wants to trade, tell me.

Also, I am jealous of everyone's rare equipment!!

Would you be interested in a star cuirass? rare armor from ep4 that only androids can use, its 0 slot but i can throw in 4 addslots

Also have stag cutlery and a cure/freeze for trade. I noticed you wanted one on trading sheet

btw another v101 drop! grats HUmarley!

Which max attack is that? Confused by the names.

thedan001

Which max attack is that? Confused by the names.

episode 4 > event > max attack 4th stage (B) (there's 3 of them in events, its the 2nd one for most zu spawns outside the interior, then we restart. ignore the inside caves)

I give credit to twentytwo22, showed me about it last night. Motivated me to start farming for v101

SoldatJ

Neo Member
Would you be interested in a star cuirass? rare armor from ep4 that only androids can use, its 0 slot but i can throw in 4 addslots

Also have stag cutlery and a cure/freeze for trade. I noticed you wanted one on trading sheet

I only play a Force, so android equipment won't help me. I'll trade for cure/freeze if you're okay with that.

Woot woot! Raining V101s!

N.A

Banned
so, my friend jumped on and we did a forest run, then went and just started endless nightmare forest. When we both hit enemies neither of us get XP, if one of us kills it, that person gets XP but way less per kill than they should.

Anyone know whats up

Restarting the room should fix it.

Seik

Banned
Could I be able to connect via my copy of PSO I&II+ via Dolphin?

I'm just curious, if it does, that would be awesome!

Oh yeah, we had good times last night hunting for V101's.

I played 'till my eyes were literally shut. Hopefully we can get that V101 for Veldin later. We had amazing clear times and it was good EXP too.

Just found a Frozen Shooter while playing with Jackano, haha. Too bad I'm looking for a Red Sword.

Jackano

Oh yeah, we had good times last night hunting for V101's.

I played 'till my eyes were literally shut. Hopefully we can get that V101 for Veldin later. We had amazing clear times and it was good EXP too.

Just found a Frozen Shooter while playing with Jackano, haha. Too bad I'm looking for a Red Sword.

And that Hildetorr was instant-killing me with one punch.
Seems I'll need to get into that Galleon and photon drop stuff I never looked at.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Previous Guide: How to obtain:Kan'ei Tsuho,Lollipop, and Stealth Suit

Government Quests
These are Government Quests are Available under the Episode I and Episode II Section in a Normal Party
* The Prize you get is based of what class you are
* When the Quest is finish only the first person to talk to government official will get the prize not the rest of the party
* Click on each Prize Name for detail information

Episode I Government Quests and Prizes
*All of the the Quests mention below must be done in Ultimate Mode

Quest A: 1-3 Subterranean Den
Haunter Prize: Dragon Slayer 25% AB 25% Hit
Ranger Prize: Justy-23ST 25% AB 25% Hit
Force Prize: Resta LV23

Quest B: 2-4 Waterway Shadow
Haunter Prize: Cross Scar 25% Machine 25% Hit
Ranger Prize: L&K14 Combat 25% Mchines 25 Hit
Force Prize: Shifta and Jellen LV14

Quest C:3-3 Central Control
Haunter Prize: Diska of Bravemen 25% Dark 25% Hit
Ranger Prize: Final Impact 25% Dark 25% Hit
Force Prize: Deband and Zalure LV 25

Episode II Government Quests and Prizes
*All of the the Quests mention below must be done in Very Hard Mode

Quest A: 5-5 Test/VR Temple 5
Haunter Prize: Durandal+10
Ranger Prize: Durandal+10
Force Prize: Rafoi LV16

Quest B: 6-5 Test/Spaceship 5
Haunter Prize: Bravance+15
Ranger Prize: Bravance+15
Force Prize: Rabarta LV18

Quest C: 7-5 Isle of Mutants
Haunter Prize: Musashi+20
Ranger Prize: Photon Launcher+9
Force Prize: Razonde LV20

Episode II Government Quests and Prizes
*All of the the Quests mention below must be done in Ultimate Mode

Quest A: 5-5 Test/VR Temple 5
Haunter Prize: Photon Claw+10 50% Hit
Ranger Prize: Wals-MK2 50% Hit
Force Prize: Double Saber 50% Hit

Quest B: 6-5 Test/Spaceship 5
Haunter Prize: Vjava 40% Hit
Ranger Prize: Meteor Smash 40% Hit
Force Prize: Brave Hammer 40% Hit

Quest C:7-5 Isle of Mutants
Haunter Prize: Yamato 30% Hit
Ranger Prize: Guilty Light 30% Hit
Force Prize: Mahu 30% Hit

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Dammit this is why I want to test stuff before I post any guides because AOL Cup -Sunset Base- seems to be broken on Hard Mode.

If anyone wants to test this on Very Hard Mode let me know and I will PM you the quest specifics because I'm not high enough for Very Hard Mode yet (you don't need to fight monsters!)

Zalusithix

Couple of nice things kind GAF members have helped me with:

Javascript Drop Tables: http://www.neopso.com/drop-tables/ (thanks to Zalusithix)
Javascript SectionID Calculator: http://www.neopso.com/section-id-calculator/ (Thanks to Tumo)

With that public now, the sheets version is more or less redundant. It's potentially useful for the more advanced uniqueness queries, but no longer needed for general drop rates. After all, the site version is unique to each visitor so it doesn't have the shared view issue. As such, I've linked the primary row of the drop sheets to the one on the website.

Xion_Stellar

serious question...

has anyone seen a luck material drop yet?

Nope but Im not worry about it since you can farm those as a Quest Reward as long as you got a partner (assuming it works on this server)to do the quests with.

Xion_Stellar

Like I said I haven't tested this myself on this server so don't be disappointed in me if it doesn't work however if it does work let me know.

Start the Quest Towards The Future

Grab your your Partner and don't let go! It's time to test your true love in a mini-quest, this only works with two players, one male and one female.

The couple must talk to the FOmarl by the bank, she will then give the 2nd player on the team the activation code for the Love Test. Go down to Forest 2 and clear the enemies in both rooms in Forest 2. Make your way to the console in the first room of Forest 2 and both of you should enter the code.

Hearts will swirl around your two characters for the rest of the testing. Now here's the hard part, you must stay as close as possible to your lover at any cost! Your score is dependent on how close you stay together. A nice trick to raise your score is staying idle together but as long as you stay together at all time it shouldn't be necessary.Boss fights are not affected by this test, so you may roam freely without nipping at your lovers heels. Always go towards the hearts to increase your love rating. Once the test is over, you may teleport back up to P2 and check your results with the FOmarl. If the results are high enough, you will receive a Luck Material.

***Don't ask me what difficulty to play this on I don't remember that and I cant seem to find that information in my archives but I suggest at least Hard or Very Hard Mode.

SoldatJ

Neo Member
serious question...

has anyone seen a luck material drop yet?

I've gotten a few from Rappy's Holiday, but they only come from winning "Rappy's Lottery", not as regular drops. You can win any kind of material from the game, but TP and luck are the ones most worthwhile.

Looking at the drop tables, the rates seem to be abysmal, so I would definitely suggest Rappy's Lottery rather than praying for them to drop from enemies. Be warned though, it's mind-numbing and monotonous.

thedan001

I've gotten a few from Rappy's Holiday, but they only come from winning "Rappy's Lottery", not as regular drops. You can win any kind of material from the game, but TP and luck are the ones most worthwhile.

Looking at the drop tables, the rates seem to be abysmal, so I would definitely suggest Rappy's Lottery rather than praying for them to drop from enemies. Be warned though, it's mind-numbing and monotonous.

Looks like this is the best way to grind, I only need 35 luck mats to max out the stat

EDIT: people keep asking me how I max out with 35 luck mats, starting luck stat is 10, god/ability is 20 luck and 35 luck mats = 70 which equals 100

This was my old build, now with v101 and other new EP4 heavenly units, I need to redo my build, this is why I havent used up any mats yet

Maybe v101, heavenly or god ability and 2 free units will do the trick, we'll see

So lucky. Demolition comet was always my favorite hunter weapon.

I'll be able to get more in the coming week or so. If you're interested tell me what ID you are and maybe we can make an exchange.

Edit:

Also, the disconnects have been real today. I've been cut off several times today, and I'm watching my party members drop out often too. Is this isolated/random?

thedan001

My turn! Now to work on the rest of my trash gear :x

Nice nice, v101 once you equip it... that first time seeing the attack boost is so satisfying!

Awesome that it dropped (after I d/ced even) now get another one for me! You can keep the better %'s, I'll try to get something to trade with

Also, the disconnects have been real today. I've been cut off several times today, and I'm watching my party members drop out often too. Is this isolated/random?

Some nights, I'll d/c like crazy, and some nights I play perfectly without any connection issues, I wonder what the factors are to spike up the disconnects

Top Bottom