• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoPSO |OT| Unofficial GAF Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst Server

How to obtain: Ranger Wall/Force Wall/Hunter Wall and other
* This quest can be done in any difficulty
* This Quest can be found under the Shops Section in Episode II
* For detail information on Ranger Wall Click Here
* For detail information on Force Wall Click Here
* For detail information on Haunter Wall Click Here

lIzI2MN.jpg

Took about 20 minutes, thanks for the info. Holy crap my entire forearm still burns.

Is there any trick or easier way to do that button mashing game in Gallon's?

I have a controller. You're supposed to spam the "down arrow", so I spammed it on both my controller and keyboard, also tapping the A button on my controller worked. It'd be hitting 3 buttons at a time. I guess you could also map the buttons to something else that would be easier to press and just spam those.

Jackano

I've been better at the timing game.

It starts quicker and last two seconds less.
Once I got the timing right I consistently got 3 points, at the end more and more often 5 points, and I even got the perfect score and 10 points once.
Also you don't tire your arm.

On the mashing button game I sometimes miss the 70 points and only get 1 point.
So try the timing game, it's not that hard. I just "take my time" to push down when 7.00" appears. If you are good at it it's better to do this. Depends on people I guess.

Anyway good guide thx, totally didn't knew that item (Ranger Wall). I equip it now, it's more or less the same as my Secret Gear. It has less elemental def, but I will see how that works.

Par Score

After never actually managing to beat Falz on Hard, got him first time on V.Hard

Thanks for all the guides Xion, I'm sure they'll come in handy!

Anyway good guide thx, totally didn't knew that item (Ranger Wall). I equip it now, it's more or less the same as my Secret Gear. It has less elemental def, but I will see how that works.
The real nice selling point about ranger wall is the 20 points of ATA it grants. This also extends beyond the ATA stat cap so some players would use this for life.

thedan001

The real nice selling point about ranger wall is the 20 points of ATA it grants. This also extends beyond the ATA stat cap so some players would use this for life.

Welp, convinced me to pick one up now. Still using divinity barrier for the ELT resistance. This seems good and easy replacement for the time being

Daaaang, I didn't even think about that. Is there anything, by chance, similar to this that a HU can equip? I need to boost my max ATA, I keep missing, and my ATA stat is yellow :*(.

I'm already looking for hit% weapons everywhere I can.

(Thinking of rerolling a HUcaseal, as she has the highest max ATA)

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Blergh I don't like the formatting the Mobile Site does to my guides so I'm just going to remove the spoilor tags later and quote the pictures so their not freakingly huge on the desktop site.

I'm glad some people are getting some use out of the Gallon's Shop Guide and while the next two guides I will be posting haven't been tested by me yet on this server (Because I refuse to do Side Quests until Very Hard Mode) I have never heard of any bugs regarding them in both the official server or any unofficial server so I'm 90% positive they work.

Jackano

I'm glad some people are getting some use out of the Gallon's Shop Guide and while the next two guides I will be posting haven't been tested by me yet on this server (Because I refuse to do Side Quests until Very Hard Mode) I have never heard of any bugs regarding them in both the official server or any unofficial server so I'm 90% positive they work.

It doesn't seems to have any bug, although the gift wrap I bought was nothing but the pink option I choose.

Zalusithix

Blergh I don't like the formatting the Mobile Site does to my guides so I'm just going to remove the spoilor tags later and quote the pictures so their not freakingly huge on the desktop site.

Might want to consolidate them in a Google Docs or something so there's a central location to go to instead of having to search for them throughout the thread?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Might want to consolidate them in a Google Docs or something so there's a central location to go to instead of having to search for them throughout the thread?
I will give it some thought but no guarantees yet.

It doesn't seems to have any bug, although the gift wrap I bought was nothing but the pink option I choose.

An unfortunate bug that resides in the "Base" server software so every unofficial server had to go in and fix manually.Thankfully that's actually a fix that will be present in the next server update when Teth rolls it out:

Various quest opcode improvements such as wrapping items in gallons now will wrap with the requested color.MA completion now will update the global flag (something to bear in mind if you have used these flags elsewhere).

Still curious - is Dangerous Deal with Black Paper a thing on this server? Because that would definitely be worthy of a guide. If no one wants to do it, I will. I ran that quest hundreds of times back in the day.

I was over at the Tethealla Server Project site, trying to find out when the new software is supposed to drop, but couldn't find a date. The post about the new software is almost a month old. Is this a day to day waiting game? I'm not in a major rush, but as a MAG farmer, I'm really having a lot of issues.

SoldatJ

Neo Member
Still curious - is Dangerous Deal with Black Paper a thing on this server? Because that would definitely be worthy of a guide. If no one wants to do it, I will. I ran that quest hundreds of times back in the day.

It is. Go to EP IV on Solo, and it should be listed in the Side Quest tab. The Japanese quest below it is also a Dangerous Deal with Black Paper, but I'm assuming it's the second one. I can't test it since I don't have any photon crystals though.

N.A

Banned
I was over at the Tethealla Server Project site, trying to find out when the new software is supposed to drop, but couldn't find a date. The post about the new software is almost a month old. Is this a day to day waiting game? I'm not in a major rush, but as a MAG farmer, I'm really having a lot of issues.

http://www.pioneer2.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=103&p=1874#p1874

I expect the new release will come out this week with the source 2 weeks afterward.

Xion_Stellar

It might be untranslated on this server but either way I believe I have a guide for that sitting in my archives it just hasn't been posted here yet.

Daaaang, I didn't even think about that. Is there anything, by chance, similar to this that a HU can equip? I need to boost my max ATA, I keep missing, and my ATA stat is yellow :*(.

I'm already looking for hit% weapons everywhere I can.

(Thinking of rerolling a HUcaseal, as she has the highest max ATA)

You are in luck since you have two options:
1-Get a Red Ring (lol)
2-Farm for S-Parts ver2.01 although good luck with because unless you are Oran the drop rate for that is .0094% off a Gilchic on Normal Mines.

thedan001

Sweet. Once I hit 40, I'll be grinding for Photon Crystals like crazy. I love the Black Paper quests.

I already looked into this quest, the rewards are very nice

It seems spamming normal/hard mode is a good way to find photon crystals, just need to find a rare enemy and they drop it around 1/4 drop rate if I remember correctly

Jackano

Are oversized rappies normal in ultimate?
I'm pretty sure to have found some looking oversized in normal/hard/VH, but here they are spawning in every big room.

Also this one showed up on first run.

Also saw an Hildeblue, finally. This has been a great day so far.

thedan001

Here's a fat version!

uyP6GIJl.png

I did 2-3 vhard ep4 runs earlier today to kill time since not many ppl were online
then the fabled kondrieu decided to pay a visit on my last run, sadly no drop

Saint Million is red while Kondrieu, the rarer version, is green with bigger horns

xxD09kSl.png

I already looked into this quest, the rewards are very nice

It seems spamming normal/hard mode is a good way to find photon crystals, just need to find a rare enemy and they drop it around 1/4 drop rate if I remember correctly

With the new drop rates coming, it'll be even better. What I used to do was run Max Attack runs in Ep4 and go through the first Rappy waves. Something like 30 spawn almost immediately. Do that, hope for a Del Rappy, get freaked out cuz they're scary looking, get PC, restart.

Can anyone confirm that "Single Player" drop-rates in Episode 4 quests are the same as multiplayer?

I'm pretty sure they are supposed to be, but I must be having one of the most unlucky days ever. 5+ hours straight and no red boxes whatsoever.

Edit: Complaining always works. Red boxes confirmed! :D

thedan001

With the new drop rates coming, it'll be even better. What I used to do was run Max Attack runs in Ep4 and go through the first Rappy waves. Something like 30 spawn almost immediately. Do that, hope for a Del Rappy, get freaked out cuz they're scary looking, get PC, restart.

This is kinda why I am still playing PSO after N.A adjusted rare enemies to 0.7%, if they remained unchanged, it would've been like pulling teeth running max attack 4 50 times and not seeing any del rappy. With the new spawn rates, it feels like Christmas morning when I see a rare enemy pop, and makes me want to keep trying to see another

The photon crystal just supports this even more

N.A asked for feedback, here it is!

EDIT (because this thread moves slowly, I can add to my posts instead of a new one, lol)

Also... I tried to put an untekked Dragon Slayer into bank and I got lagged out during the transfer and I was automaticaly disconnected with an error 100, I went back to the same game I was in and I couldn't do anything with my items, would get disconnected if I tried to tek, bank, or even equip my items. FInally I just made a new game, and everything was working normally again

I looked into this and it seems that sega put in a new locking mechanism to prevent duping with lag, and you are locked with your items (disconnects you) if you keep trying within the same game...

Maybe if you desync with mags or the bank, try making a new game and see if your mag stats revert back to normal or not. Maybe it doesn't work, but worth looking into it

Veldin

Anyone feel like looking for a v101 drop? I know a handful of you with the proper section ID already have it, but if you want to lend a hand be my guest.

Xion_Stellar

Thx Robo and HUcassie for the EpIV run. Shame we all had no clue what to do against the boss. First group wipe! Woo!

(Robo-Ky)
Yeah sorry for sucking so much but we clearly weren't ready for Saint Million on top of not remembering the fight and me not having a gun on hand.

(Robo-Ky)
Yeah sorry for sucking so much but we clearly weren't ready for Saint Million on top of not remembering the fight and me not having a gun on hand.

Oh hi. Yeah, I vaguely remember the fight (not those dang swirly things), and even if I knew what I was doing, I still don't think we were ready. He just dealt too much damage.

Anyone feel like looking for a v101 drop? I know a handful of you with the proper section ID already have it, but if you want to lend a hand be my guest.

Veldin, I'd be happy to help you tomorrow when I get my FO to level 70, or whatever I need for VH. I'm calling it a night, didn't get a chance to play much today, as I was showing a newbie friend of mine how to play PSO.

Thx Robo and HUcassie for the EpIV run. Shame we all had no clue what to do against the boss. First group wipe! Woo!

Ya, we got ruined. HAHAHA that was funny tho. Definitely not prepared. I had no idea what was going on for that fight, I've never fought that boss before.

thedan001

I just read this, I've been dealing with school stuff but I can help you out for 2-3 hours right now if you'd like. If not now, I'll be playing tomorrow night around 4pm est to 10pm est

(Robo-Ky)

Oh hi. Yeah, I vaguely remember the fight (not those dang swirly things), and even if I knew what I was doing, I still don't think we were ready. He just dealt too much damage.

Ya, we got ruined. HAHAHA that was funny tho. Definitely not prepared. I had no idea what was going on for that fight, I've never fought that boss before.

Saint Million? That fight is all kinds of crazy. I barely keep dying to that crap, if I wasn't a high level ranger with good rifle dps, I wouldn't even be able to do any damage without hiding behind the rocks and sniping it

I think SEGA had party teamwork in mind when designing that boss, it's easier when 4 players pinch attack the boss and then recover/chill while boss moves to another spot

Jackano

I tried that.
Lol hard in EP.4 is very much... between VH and ult? That's what I remember now.
Saw a Merica AA but no drop this time. I imagine in normal the crystal drops are low rate?
I still check pso-worl, will look at the website after that.

I would like a "translation" guide, maybe on the website.
Just to replicate all the quests menus in the game, and translation of the JP quests, with a quick description of what's going on. Right now it's confusing.

I'll be switching to GC version, so I'm giving all my items away. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be enough of people playing during my time (3~6) and most of them are either doing Ultimate, MagFeeding, Locked or Solo runs.

Once Sodaboy and co. adds support for GC (which also includes Wii and Dolphin) for Tethealla, then I'll be back, because that means I'm able to play on Ephinea (Sodaboy/Tethealla server) as well.

I'll be switching to GC version, so I'm giving all my items away. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be enough of people playing during my time (3~6) and most of them are either doing Ultimate, MagFeeding, Locked or Solo runs.

Once Sodaboy and co. adds support for GC (which also includes Wii and Dolphin) for Tethealla, then I'll be back, because that means I'm able to play on Ephinea (Sodaboy/Tethealla server) as well.
Does that include gameplay between versions or is it just lobby support? GC isn't a bad choice as you have working challenge mode, cross-server support and some better graphics (many effects like the heat haze on the telepiles were GC only, never on Xbox which BB is based on).

The thing about low player bases forcing mostly solo play it is makes me wonder if one-person mode should have quests like max attack and TTF (in other servers I've played this is usually the case). The lower stats of enemies in one-person mode (especially tech resistance as forces end up practically forced into melee+support in normal ultimate due to high resists and damage canceling) make these more pleasant to run solo (and I personally find these high enemy density quests a lot of fun) and allow for impolite "run to x; abort" style runs but at the same time it doesn't change the fact people are mostly playing solo.

I'd imagine things might pick up during the weekend.

Xion_Stellar

Just to replicate all the quests menus in the game, and translation of the JP quests, with a quick description of what's going on. Right now it's confusing.
The better option is to simply have the Quests translated and that's being looked into.

That's only Looby support because unless some sort of genius breakthrough has happened in the past 3 years I stopped following PSOBB development than Cross Play with PSOBB players from V2 or GC is not possible.

Even so now that the honeymoon is over we are down to a 3rd of the Playerbase we started with and that maybe has to do with people going back to school (summer break is over) but hopefully the population will get a boost once we open up the servers but that's something that remains to be seen and I do agree that maybe the best active time will be on Weekends.

Quite frankly since SCHTHACK's self destruct (that happened months before they announced their hard drive failure) the fandom has been greatly fragmented with some old players quitting altogether and the rest scattering to the other servers and I miss those 2008-2011 glory days.

Crystalkoen

I know I'm part of the problem, as I've been doing solo TTF runs the past few nights to farm De Rol Le and then repeat. I'm thinking I'm giving him 2-3 more runs before writing off ever seeing a Talis drop and moving on to VHard.

At least my pre-work run today saw 2 Nar Lillies. I now have a pair of Machine-affinity ~20% Custom Ray 00's that I doubt I'll ever use.

Jackano

I know I'm part of the problem, as I've been doing solo TTF runs the past few nights to farm De Rol Le and then repeat. I'm thinking I'm giving him 2-3 more runs before writing off ever seeing a Talis drop and moving on to VHard.

At least my pre-work run today saw 2 Nar Lillies. I now have a pair of Machine-affinity ~20% Custom Ray 00's that I doubt I'll ever use.

That's why I'll keep repeat to people to check the trade sheet in the OP.
I'll gladly give you a talis I found, but I'll also enjoy a custom ray ^^

Crystalkoen

Was gonna post them to the sheet when I got home this evening, as I kinda ran over my allotted game time this morning and was almost late to work.

I'll gladly do that trade. I'll shoot you a PM to set up a time.

SoldatJ

Neo Member

Most of the Japanese quests are listed on PSO-World, and they do a pretty good job of explaining the context as well as walking you through it.

Specifically which quests are in question here? I can give you a brief translation for the ones that PSO-World doesn't cover.

Jackano

Most of the Japanese quests are listed on PSO-World, and they do a pretty good job of explaining the context as well as walking you through it.

Specifically which quests are in question here? I can give you a brief translation for the ones that PSO-World doesn't cover.

Well they are listed on pso-world but how do I know which is the 6th one in the VR menu of ep.2 when its title is in japanese. That's just an example.
Thanks but I've many things on my todo list, will see when I really have to look for a specific quest :)

That said, I quickly read something about Max Attack 4. Something about rpizes when you get 2k enemies down in total etc. Does this work on NeoPSO? Once again I just read rapidly I may have misunderstood.

Xion_Stellar

That said, I quickly read something about Max Attack 4. Something about rpizes when you get 2k enemies down in total etc. Does this work on NeoPSO? Once again I just read rapidly I may have misunderstood.

It doesn't work on any Server as far as I know that's why those items are currently categorized as an Unobtainable and most servers make them obtainable in some other way.

Zalusithix

What even is a Talis? I don't think it was in the DC versions... At least I don't remember it if it was. The description is useless, and it's a non-standard weapon type. Meanwhile all videos and discussion that I find via search focus on PSO2 now.

Jackano

What even is a Talis? I don't think it was in the DC versions... At least I don't remember it if it was. The description is useless, and it's a non-standard weapon type. Meanwhile all videos and discussion that I find via search focus on PSO2 now.

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?artid=282&op=viewarticle

Card type.
It seems there also is card weapons for each ID, that drops with insane rates in Ult Ruins iirc.

@Xion_Stellar : That's a shame but I'm not surprised :/

Zalusithix

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?artid=282&op=viewarticle

Card type.
It seems there also is card weapons for each ID, that drops with insane rates in Ult Ruins iirc.

Yeah, I got that it was a card, but it was more directed in what the heck cards even were. I simply don't remember them. Finally found a post describing them in PSO terms though.

you throw them like slicers, but they don't ricochet through multiple enemies. First you throw one, second you throw one, and third you throw three that spread like a shot. Talis and Mahu regain TP...but are otherwise worthless...

Xion_Stellar

Well I wouldn't hold my breath but it "sounds" like the server wide kill counter will be fixed in the next update but the wording is a little vague so I'm not sure.

Various quest opcode improvements such as wrapping items in gallons now will wrap with the requested colour. MA completion now will update the global flag (something to bear in mind if you have used these flags elsewhere).

Crystalkoen

Yeah, I got that it was a card, but it was more directed in what the heck cards even were. I simply don't remember them. Finally found a post describing them in PSO terms though.

The "Recovers TP" was what I was looking for. If soloing, I find higher difficulties sometimes require more TP than a stock of Mono/Di-fluids can provide. Might change this playthrough, but I always like the idea of being able to fight endlessly, without needing items to keep me going. I'm also going to be a die-hard tech-only FO this playthrough until it gets to the point where that's no longer feasible.

Plus, I've never had one of the cards before, as 500 of the 510 hours I've put into the game were DC version 1, and the other 10 were on SCHTHACK as a Hunter. I wanna see what they look like on me.

Zalusithix

The "Recovers TP" was what I was looking for. If soloing, I find higher difficulties sometimes require more TP than a stock of Mono/Di-fluids can provide. Might change this playthrough, but I always like the idea of being able to fight endlessly, without needing items to keep me going. I'm also going to be a die-hard tech-only FO this playthrough until it gets to the point where that's no longer feasible.

Plus, I've never had one of the cards before, as 500 of the 510 hours I've put into the game were DC version 1, and the other 10 were on SCHTHACK as a Hunter. I wanna see what they look like on me.

I can understand the desire for regaining TP. My mid 20s FO uses a heart autogun with 30% hit for TP regen. I don't really use fluids outside of boss fights. Between the gun and piping up for cheap TP fill ups, fluids seem like a waste of money when solo.

The downside is that she doesn't look very much like a force when wielding a gun, but the functionality can't be beat. In that sense, I can see where you're coming from on the just wanting to see it sort of thing.

Edit: I'm also with you on the tech only bit. I have no desire to play a FO that uses a weapon for damage.

Xion_Stellar

Edit: I'm also with you on the tech only bit. I have no desire to play a FO that uses a weapon for damage.
I'm the opposite and I purposely went with the highest ATP characters for each Class HUcast,RAcast and FOmar.
Not to mention that FOmars have access to Lv.30 Shifta and Deband so by the end of it all I picture my FOmar running around with Excalibur and Tellusis Mag while buffing himself with Lv.30 S&D.

thedan001

I occassionally join low level games and help tank. Usually I get burnt out from exp grind and I just want to chill/feed new mags, at least I can help out at the same time

If players lock their games or play 1 person mode, that's fine, just letting everyone know I might join random games and say hi and maybe drop some freebie 9* common rares

Top Bottom