• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Remix |OT| Not the Same Games, Not the Same Content

Glass Joe

They would not be cutting their consoles off at the knees putting NES remix or NES games on mobile. They would get millions of new customers. Some of which would probably become interested in buying a WiiU or 3DS to play the new Mario games that they just discovered.

Sony and Microsoft are not under the same pressure BECAUSE SALES.

I like my WiiU and I'm sure you do too but it is selling like total ass you can't spin that.

Could you maybe take this to a different thread? We're aware of your position and personally, I'd rather a thread about a game be about a game than someone's opinion on corporate strategy. Sorry if that offends you.

This mobile shit sounds a lot like port begging to me.

Anyway, damn, this game is addictive. I'm already up three hours past when I would normally be in bed.

They would not be cutting their consoles off at the knees putting NES remix or NES games on mobile. They would get millions of new customers. Some of which would probably become interested in buying a WiiU or 3DS to play the new Mario games that they just discovered.

Sony and Microsoft are not under the same pressure BECAUSE SALES.

I like my WiiU and I'm sure you do too but it is selling like total ass you can't spin that.

Yes, the Wii U is doing poorly, but I'm not arguing that.

I'm arguing your position that Nintendo is missing a golden opportunity by not putting games on mobile.

If BECAUSE SALES is the reason why Sony and Microsoft are not under the same pressure, using your own argument, they are leaving money on the table by not going mobile too. So why they shouldn't they be under the same pressure?

EDIT: Sorry guys, you're right. I'm going to leave it here because I'm not helping with keeping the thread on topic. I'm just jealous I won't be home until midnight to see if I have enough in the eShop to get this....

emb

The initial 'rom hacks' thread kinda got my hopes up too high. Disappointed now that I know it's not full, altered games.

Still, I think this sounds like a neat game for what it is. Like the best parts of Wario Ware expanded upon and fleshed out a bit. Interesting.

rpmurphy

I'll have to pick up this and golf when I get home... and I can't play until later, arghh.

With these digital-only games starting to appear more and more on the Wii U eShop, I guess it'll soon reach a point where I will have to get an external HDD. :(

So how about that GAME, eh folks?

I can't get the 10 1-ups to work on the turtle. :(

That's kind of a luck game, isn't it? I don't think there's any real science to getting the turtle to keep bouncing at just the right time. I'm talking about the SMB 1-Up trick on 3-1 for those of you who don't know.

That's kind of a luck game, isn't it? I don't think there's any real science to getting the turtle to keep bouncing at just the right time.

You don't have to initiate the move yourself though. The stage starts with Mario in the right place, but it drops out after 8 1-ups all the time...

Tiu Neo

The game has an eshop icon on the bottom of the screen. There'll be DLC.

I'm having a lot more fun with the game challenges than with the remixes. Some remixes are cool, but most are... well, not that fun, to me.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
This game is so fun. I like the remix thing.
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01d7e4b.jpg

Glass Joe

The remix stages assume you're pretty Godly at Super Mario 1. A lot of the others I can breeze through but the SMB ones are rough.

Love this game so far. No way would it work on tablets or phones. It's actually kind of hard!
My *only* complaint is that this should be on Nintendo 3DS. I'd love to play this on the go...

Kouriozan

The remix stages assume you're pretty Godly at Super Mario 1. A lot of the others I can breeze through but the SMB ones are rough.
So true x)
I have done thing in Remix I never have in SMB!
Really loving this, hope there is DLC or even SNES Remix sometime next year.

Kanhir

Terribly addicted to this. So far it's the Balloon Fight and Mario Bros stages giving me the most trouble, since the controls are less precise than the rest.

eXistor

Amazing game. Extremely nostalgic for people already at home with these games like myself, but presented in a new and fresh way. It also feels very much like a way to try and get younger people interested in older games they might not have tried otherwise. A lot of early mini-games are basically tutorials on how to play the games.

Very fun though and well worth the money, I hope this becomes a series; NES Remix 2 or even SNES Remix?

Ashodin

Amazing game. Extremely nostalgic for people already at home with these games like myself, but presented in a new and fresh way. It also feels very much like a way to try and get younger people interested in older games they might not have tried otherwise. A lot of early mini-games are basically tutorials on how to play the games.

Very fun though and well worth the money, I hope this becomes a series; NES Remix 2 or even SNES Remix?

I'm sure they amount of enormous sell-through is very telling for Nintendo, they're probably going to task Indies Zero with SNES Remix. I'd buy the holy fuck out of that.

Copenap

Man, I can barely do some of these challenges with a d pad and buttons. Imagine trying to do this on a touchscreen only....shudder.

I STILL can't finish this one. Those damn three little bridges...
I played it for like five minutes at a run, then said, ok, this time I'm going to take it slow. Then he was running on his own.
Just skip the first and last, only take the one in the middle. That's acrually one of the easier parts of that level.

Getting the 5 Ruppees to buy something sucks, they drop so random.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Just completed all Excite Bike challenges.

This game made me like Excite Bike: there's no bigger praise I can give to it.

Seriously as was Wario Ware in its time, what we have here is a lesson of game design. Nintendo, you masters of reuse.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Oh, I just noticed, you get
a golden frame around the game logo
if you get three stars on all stages of one game.

What role is Miyamoto listed as?

I admit I was browsing a bit on the side, but as far as I saw, it's mainly a long roll of your records and then just mentions the involved companies at the end, no single persons. But maybe I missed that bit.

JoeM86

Loving this game. Very addictive, even though it puts my skills as a gamer in question. I'm too spoiled by modern mechanics like wall-jumps.

The game has an eshop icon on the bottom of the screen. There'll be DLC.

Those eShop links go to the Virtual Console pages for the games

Mr-Joker

Banned
I can't believe that it took Nintendo this long to do something like this but the game is awesome and so much fun.

I wouldn't mind if they do SNES remix.

Seems like a nobariner purchase if you uave a wiiu.. Is this the first eshop title on wiiu for nintendo? Great thing.
I can't believe that it took Nintendo this long to do something like this but the game is awesome and so much fun.

I wouldn't mind if they do SNES remix.

Wario ware says hello... Nevertheless good to have this game. Completely unexpected too.

Fess

10/10 This is fantastic! Nintendo at it's best when thinking out of the box. Almost too addictive.
How do you three star level 9 on Wrecking Crew? Never played the original. What's the best strategy for 9-3? Can't go below 40 sec in total.

Andrew.

Banned
Well, to be fair, we did know about the title, but not what it is. But I can't remember when they last did this or if they did it at all.

Oh ok. I had never heard it mentioned on here nor read about it anywhere so it was a complete surprise to me.

Top Bottom