• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The series. Finished watching the two shows I was marathoning and I'm in the mood for a police procedural.

From what little I have seen (I think half of S1), it is a really good show. The characters come off genuine and realistic. Good mix of action too.

I think I will start that back up once I'm done with Broadchurch. Another good cop procedural.

I notice Doctor Who, Black Adder, and Torchwood are expiring on February 1st.

From my list:

Jekyll
The Planets
Luther (Watch this!)
Fawlty Towers
Blood+
House of Cards (BBC one)

v1lla21

From what little I have seen (I think half of S1), it is a really good show. The characters come off genuine and realistic. Good mix of action too.

I think I will start that back up once I'm done with Broadchurch. Another good cop procedural.
Hmm, Broadchurch is only 8 episodes so I'll start with that instead and then go to Flashpoint.

I wonder when Netflix will get the 3rd Season of Longmire. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Footloose is one of the best movies ever created. This coming from a black man. Watching it now for the 100th time.

Surprisingly good movie. Remake was alright.

Hmm, Broadchurch is only 8 episodes so I'll start with that instead and then go to Flashpoint.

I wonder when Netflix will get the 3rd Season of Longmire. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit.

It should come at some point. Netflix is producing the fourth season.

Starting Scrubs s1 seen a couple eps on TV, but gonna go the full series.

BoJack horseman s1 was pretty entertaining

You guys are right about khan so far in Polo, he's pretty cool
I never do that and will never understand the mentality. Id rather see it through to the end of a show no matter how low it gets and vomit worthy.

edit: even with rewatches i bet i watch like 400 movies a year i never seen before
I try to finish what instant too if I'm deep into it. Even though I want to fight you For Dexter, I'm glad I finished it.

v1lla21

Surprisingly good movie. Remake was alright.

It should come at some point. Netflix is producing the fourth season.
Yeah, read on it a week ago which made me super happy.
Only on episode 2 of Broadchurch and it's got me hooked.

Flashpoint is an excellent show. Thrilling and fun to watch. Interesting scenarios too.
Definitely watch it.
Dope, dope. Will watch after. Thanks for the input.

jakncoke

Banned

I try to finish what instant too if I'm deep into it. Even though I want to fight you For Dexter, I'm glad I finished it.

hehe

Bleepey

Bookmark this post, the season 8(or the season before the spin off) finale will make you cry. Not figuratively but literally. You will shed tears. Amazing ending.

Karu

Just discovered this thread after being so frustrated with Netflix's ridiclious search option and general curation of their offerings. So THANK YOU, those links in the OP are a really big help. Really happy Germany finally got it, albeit those problems, it's a good service, enjoying my time on it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

A Five Star Life (Romantic, Drama)
Copenhagen (Drama)
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (Action, Thriller)
White Collar Season 5 (TV, Crime, Drama)
What Is Cinema? (Documentary, Social)

France:

Elementary Season 1 (TV, Drama, Crime)

Germany:

Ray (Drama)

Netherlands:

Muppets Most Wanted (Family)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just discovered this thread after being so frustrated with Netflix's ridiclious search option and general curation of their offerings. So THANK YOU, those links in the OP are a really big help. Really happy Germany finally got it, albeit those problems, it's a good service, enjoying my time on it.

You are most welcome. I don't have a central place/post where I update on what has been added to countries outside of the US, but if you backtrack through the last page, you will see the update.

sdijoseph

I got a "You cannot stream this from your region (US)" errors while watching Netflix Canada, but it went away after refreshing my unblock settings a few times. I really hope this blocking doesn't work, being able to access all the different regions of Netflix has made it far more valuable to me.

sdijoseph

Hmm, I was just using Unblock not to long ago.

So am I, it definitely still works, its just that occasionally when I go to the next episode in a TV series, it gives me that "wrong region" error. It goes away after refreshing unblock/waiting a couple of minutes.

sdijoseph

Does anyone here still use the DVD portion of Netflix? I am thinking of getting a subscription, I am starting to get frustrated with the limited streaming library.

The only trouble that I seem to have is that I am having trouble with a show remembering my progress, but never a warning or anything. Think it is only on my Xbox 360 too.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Does anyone here still use the DVD portion of Netflix? I am thinking of getting a subscription, I am starting to get frustrated with the limited streaming library.

I think most of us went the DNS block/VPN route. $5 or less a month (in the case of Hola, it is free) and you get a much better selection, while never having to deal with discs. You won't always find the movies you want, even throughout all those Netflix regions, but the other regions do a better job of getting blockbusters and movies faster.

Go here and enter random movies to see if they come up. And decide from there. The disc service is still good.

Added today:

A Five Star Life (Romantic, Drama)
Copenhagen (Drama)
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (Action, Thriller)
White Collar Season 5 (TV, Crime, Drama)
What Is Cinema? (Documentary, Social)

France:

Elementary Season 1 (TV, Drama, Crime)

Germany:

Ray (Drama)

Netherlands:

Muppets Most Wanted (Family)

YES!

Vyer

I got an email with a movie recommendation from Netflix. Don't recall getting one of those before. And I actually wouldn't mind checking out the movie (Shadow Recruit).

tchocky

I got an email with a movie recommendation from Netflix. Don't recall getting one of those before. And I actually wouldn't mind checking out the movie (Shadow Recruit).

I have had a couple from UK Netflix it's usually some bigger release they have just added. The last couple were about season 5 of Misfits and Flight.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
1 hour ago...

Update: Netflix tells us that there's been "no change" in the way it handles VPNs, so you shouldn't have to worry about the company getting tough any time soon. With that said, these blocking errors started showing up in the past few weeks, so it's not clear what would have prompted them.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/03/netflix-clamps-down-on-vpns/

the only active blocking i know is forcing google dns on android but there is a way around that.. use a older apk

Messi

Do we have any idea when Orange is the new Black will be back? I have been re watching the first two seasons and I am dying for more.

Gobias

Banned
Enter the Void is definitely worth a watch. Crazy film that you will or will not get, but it is quite a visual experience.
Thanks, I'll check it out. I really loved Upstream Color so I was looking for something kind of similar on Netflix.
In Your Eyes is an old Joss Whedon script that was recently filmed. If you're not into the majority of Joss' work, then it probably won't be your cup of tea.

I'll probably skip it for now then.

Top Bottom