• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Daigoro

Coming soon to Netflix over the next few weeks:

http://www.streamingsoon.com

Tons of Cartoon Network/Adult Swim shows being added on March 30th.

James Bond movies will be added on April 1st.

Holy Motors is coming. cool.

Metalocalypse is coming! but it only says season 1. uhhhh....... wtf. maybe that's just the way its linked on the site. hopefully the whole series is coming. i'll remain optimistic.

Chairhome

Justice League and Justice League Unlimited are coming on the 30th? Oh man. Time to rewatch with my son. Can't wait.

Hope they get to the later Venture Bros seasons soon, I left off on Season 3 and I'd love to catch up.

Yay for netflix!

Gregorn

So I started this tonight, watched the first four minutes and turned it off. I just got.....that vibe, that it was going to be crap. Maybe if it didn't have 2/5 stars on netflix I would have given it more of a chance. Sucks, was really looking forward to it.

I can enjoy slow movies like Tree of Life, but Cosmopolis was just nothing happening at all. You really aren't missing out on anything by giving up at the start.

Vlad

When is Breaking Bad S5 part 1 coming?

The rule of thumb for TV shows on Netflix is that the old season doesn't come out until about a week or so before the new season starts.

S5.2 doesn't start until sometime in July, most likely, so I'd expect part 1 to show up around then.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just a reminder, these expire on the 1st of April:

Basic Instinct
Before I Self Destruct
Blue Water High
Broken Arrow
A Bronx Tale

Cinderella
Death Wish 1/2
Devil's Playground
El Dorado
The Fall

Father of Lies
The Ghost
Gary Lady Down
Horsemen
How to Steal a Million

America's Funniest Comics
Juice
Mixtape, Inc
My Bloody Valentine
Oldboy

Playa's Ball
Preaching to the Choir
Premium
Queens of Comedy
Rain

Raising Star
Rumble Fish
Searching for Bobby Fischer
The Secret to My Success
Shadowboxer

Shutter
Steve Harvey: Still Trippin'
Tactical Force
A Tale Of Two Sisters
Trailer Park Boys S1-7
The Warriors

Everyone should give The Fall a go. Such a beautiful film.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Awkward. (TV, Teen, Dramedy)
Cosmopolis (Drama)
Stolen (Action, Thriller)

I just finished watching Spork. A good little (weird) movie. Think in terms of Napoleon Dynamite, mixed with Little Miss Sunshine, but with a 14 year old transgender girl. Probably not for everyone, but I like it.

Man Netflix is really gonna step up there game as of 4/1. Tons of Adult Swim shows, Bond movies, and a lot of big name movies (granted most of them are about 10+ years old but still)

Sweet, Hatfields & McCoys is added 4/1. Great 6 hour miniseries with Costner, Berenger, and Paxton. Highly recommended.

jakncoke

Banned
Man Netflix is really gonna step up there game as of 4/1. Tons of Adult Swim shows, Bond movies, and a lot of big name movies (granted most of them are about 10+ years old but still)

Sweet, Hatfields & McCoys is added 4/1. Great 6 hour miniseries with Costner, Berenger, and Paxton. Highly recommended.

Bonds movies have come before only disappear before you could even cum at the thought of being able to watch them on instant watch

C4Lukins

Just a reminder, these expire on the 1st of April:

Basic Instinct
Before I Self Destruct
Blue Water High
Broken Arrow
A Bronx Tale

Cinderella
Death Wish 1/2
Devil's Playground
El Dorado
The Fall

Father of Lies
The Ghost
Gary Lady Down
Horsemen
How to Steal a Million

America's Funniest Comics
Juice
Mixtape, Inc
My Bloody Valentine
Oldboy

Playa's Ball
Preaching to the Choir
Premium
Queens of Comedy
Rain

Raising Star
Rumble Fish
The Secret to My Success
Shadowboxer

Shutter
Steve Harvey: Still Trippin'
Tactical Force
A Tale Of Two Sisters
Trailer Park Boys S1-7
The Warriors

Everyone should give The Fall a go. Such a beautiful film.

I need to watch the Fall out of that list.

Everyone needs to watch.....

A Bronx Tale
Oldboy
Rumble Fish

And just for fun
The Secret to My Success
Broken Arrow
Basic Instinct
The Warriors

Mr.Fresh

Nooooo Juice and A Bronx Tale are leaving??!! God dammit I always just throw those movies on every once in a while. I need to buy them.

RedAssedApe

Banned
On a side note...tried the Redbox app for Xbox 360. Good god their streaming selection is still shit right now. Financial guys making ado about nothing. Do any of them even try the services they write about?

vazel

Banned
Jackie Chan is The Prisoner was a horrible movie. I'm usually forgiving of movies but this one is complete garbage. It's like three different movies horribly edited together(one of those movies is a knockoff of Cool Hand Luke).

I wondered why Jackie Chan would do this movie in 1990 when he was already a star by then, but I see on wiki that he did it as a favor for the producer. So that explains that.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Follow Me: The Yoni Netanyahu Story (Documentary)
House Hunting (Thriller)
The L Word Season 1-6 (TV, Drama)
Miss Dial (Indie, Romance)
Pair of Kings Season 3 (TV, Family)

Gobias

Banned
Just got caught up on the current run of Doctor Who......what do I watch next?

I don't know what you've seen, but these are the best shows on Netflix:

Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Arrested Development.

House of Cards is pretty good too.

For British shows, Luther and Sherlock are good, but not great.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Just got caught up on the current run of Doctor Who......what do I watch next?

I have only seen one television show ever! What should I watch next??!?

I am personally getting through all of The West Wing right now.

If you add it to your quee don't you keep ot even after it expires?

No, it will automatically add it back to your queue though if it ever comes back.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Currently going through 24. Amazing show. Can't believe it took me so long to watch this series. I'm going to be so sad when it ends.

Are there any shows similar to 24 in terms of action, suspense, and plot twists?

Gobias

Banned
Currently going through 24. Amazing show. Can't believe it took me so long to watch this series. I'm going to be so sad when it ends.

Are there any shows similar to 24 in terms of action, suspense, and plot twists?

For suspense and twists, Lost I guess. I think it's even more engaging than 24 too. Also, there's a British show called MI-5. I haven't seen it, but I heard it's a lot like 24.

Kaladin

I am watching X files for the first time. Is there particular way i should watch or just start from pilot?

Just start from the pilot.....don't forget to watch the first movie between the appropriate seasons, that's about it.

And still watch it after Mulder leaves, it's still quality tv.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I am watching X files for the first time. Is there particular way i should watch or just start from pilot?

Start from the first episode. Watch the first five seasons, then the first movie, then stop.

Top Bottom