• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Not the MMO you've been waiting for

Dec

Strange. I'll look into this later.

I can hop on for a moment if you need someone level 15 to help start the guild.

I did it a while ago, I don't remember it being all that complicated. Pretty much you have your Perfect World wallet which has to be transfered into whatever game to use it there.

ibfWzkhAa3Y52e.jpg

smr00

Banned
Having troubles getting 5 people that are over level 15 online at the same time in Protectors Enclave.

I completely forgot, what server is the GAF guild going to be on?
I want to say Dragon but i am not 100% sure.

I thought i saw the server Dragon mentioned a few times. If it is Dragon i will help get the ball rolling.

Qvoth

the gaf player list google doc shows most of us are in mindflayer though
am level 14 now, should hit more then 15 later on today, just send me a tell if you guys wanna create the guild
i'm @qvoth0
i think i added most of the guys who listed their names on the google doc list, check your friends' list

edit: forgot to ask, so the auction house only accepts diamonds as currency?
because if it's true then that's so fucked up

Dec

the gaf player list google doc shows most of us are in mindflayer though
am level 14 now, should hit more then 15 later on today, just send me a tell if you guys wanna create the guild
i'm @qvoth0
i think i added most of the guys who listed their names on the google doc list, check your friends' list

edit: forgot to ask, so the auction house only accepts diamonds as currency?
because if it's true then that's so fucked up

Diamonds aren't actually the buyable currency.

Just added myself to the Neverwinter list, I'll change servers to whatever one the guild is on.

I think you have to transfer them into the game, not sure how though.

If you linked your cryptic account with the pw one, it should be there. I got Zen from back years ago in champions that showed up in this game without doing a transfer. The Zen also appears in star trek online.

Dec

If you linked your cryptic account with the pw one, it should be there. I got Zen from back years ago in champions that showed up in this game without doing a transfer. The Zen also appears in star trek online.

I think the transfer thing is there because not all their games use Zen as a currency, so some have to be converted to a respective games currency. Though I assumed your Zen wallet was different for each game.

Anton668

got my toon to lvl 15+
so whenever ppl want to try and get the GAF guild rolling I can help
and seeing as how on that list most of the ppl are on flayer seems like the place to do it

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on Mindflayer, too :) So for whatever it's worth, you can add Bufkhorin@lebuf if you wanna, although I'm trying to spare that character to play with a friend, didn't yet figure out what my solo guy will be.

Dec

Given this is set in the Forgotten Realms, are there any note able cameos?

From what I can tell it takes place between 1462-1500 DR. The main antagonist seems to be Valindra, who is from the books but doesn't seem to be exactly the same in this game.

I haven't seen anyone like Drizzt but he is relevant around this time so it's possible, I believe some characters show up as statues in Neverwinter the actual city.

There was a bug in beta that caused Guardian Fighters to become engulfed in green flames permanently, going to miss it.

Ashodin

Jesus god the PVP is an afterthought for this game.

The CC is absolutely terrible, you get stunlocked for ungodly amounts of time while you just run around doing nothing, and the Trickster Rogues can pretty much CC you in a one on one fight.

Holding points in the PVP match becomes trivial when it's clear that you can't kill anyone because of the disparity between the classes. The Guardian Fighter when played right can tank and keep a spot, and the Devoted Cleric can wade into battles and literally never die. I had a match where they just stood there on one spot and just never died, even with three or four people attacking them at once.

Beth Cyra

From what I can tell it takes place between 1462-1500 DR. The main antagonist seems to be Valindra, who is from the books but doesn't seem to be exactly the same in this game.

I haven't seen anyone like Drizzt but he is relevant around this time so it's possible, I believe some characters show up as statues in Neverwinter the actual city.

There was a bug in beta that caused Guardian Fighters to become engulfed in green flames permanently, going to miss it.
Dang, was hoping Drizzt would make an appearance given he was so popular for a long time.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Tried Guardian, it sucked :/ Next!

Also yes, seem down.

Nymerio

Should have figured this would happen when I was about to finish that damn quest the second time :D

How do guys like the foundry stuff? I'm a big fan of user created content, since the first time I've played wow I thought that you should be able to create your own quests. MMOs seem to be the perfect genre for that stuff. This is a must have feature for future MMOs if you ask me.

Dec

Should have figured this would happen when I was about to finish that damn quest the second time :D

How do guys like the foundry stuff? I'm a big fan of user created content, since the first time I've played wow I thought that you should be able to create your own quests. MMOs seem to be the perfect genre for that stuff. This is a must have feature for future MMOs if you ask me.

Every Foundry quest I've done has been great. All the way from a text adventure almost, to an arena of never ending monster spawns. I'm not sure if I'm expecting too much from it, but I'm thinking it will pad the inevitable lack of end game content every MMO has at launch, new Foundry quests regularly popping up to fill in the time between official patches.

I'll even look into making a quest once I've reach the cap.

Ashodin

Foundry missions are the best really. The content players have created has been a lot of fun, look up that one mission that is over 100 minutes long. You will love the hell out of it.

schwupp

noooo server cant be down .. i have to do my hourly invocation button press.
the world will end if i dont do it :(

Dec

Patching now works.

For anyone that wants to surround the game story in the novels leading up to it/based around that time this is a general idea of what books to read in what order.

Gauntlgrym
Dawnbringer
Realms of the Dead
Neverwinter prologue
Charon's Claw
Avenger
Swordmage
Brimstone Angels

Gauntlgrym leads up pretty much to the start of the game and should help make what is happening in the world make more sense.

Dec

Bahhh why did the server have to be down

Sounds like they should be up in a few minutes.

"Update: we are going through the necessary steps to bring the shards online and ensure stability. Thanks for sticking with us!"

Edit: I was wrong.. this is taking forever :(

KPJZKC

I was really very surprised by how good this game actually is. I tried STO being a big nerd and ST fan, but it just didn't feel right at all. Neverwinter on the the other hand...really well pieced together, even if the prices on certain items are a little fucking crazy.

Qvoth

god it feels like everyday has some maintenance ever since open beta starts
definitely my worst open beta experience so far

Dec

Servers are up.

I'm going to add people from the list.

Added everyone, but some came up invalid.

Anton668

Servers are up.

I'm going to add people from the list.

Added everyone, but some came up invalid.

on mindflayer? had that as well

ppl, double check your @names on the list please

also, am I missing something in Cloak Tower? I get the flower and gem, but the chest wouldnt open. Something my group forgot?
nvm seems we did miss something. at least it seems I must have

Dec

Is there a way to transfer items and currencies to other characters?

Should be able to just mail them.

on mindflayer? had that as well

ppl, double check your @names on the list please

also, am I missing something in Cloak Tower? I get the flower and gem, but the chest wouldnt open. Something my group forgot?
nvm seems we did miss something. at least it seems I must have

Some people it isn't really a problem, it lists Nekofrog as Nekofrogs which doesn't work but I assume it's a typo.

Qvoth0 is different since you can't just do Qvoth... a lot of people like Name of the Wind.

Anton668

How many ppl we need to start guild?

ran tower again and i swear some idiot must not be hitting the chests at the end. twice now have not been able to get all chests and ran back through looking for the items. somebody must be leaving with them as I can never find them.

Ghost23

Anyone have a tutorial on how to use a gamepad with this game and what I should designate each button on the controller?

froliq

Submitted my info. Got a cleric to level 9 and it wasn't that bad. Not sure if I'll stick around, but will definitely be playing in the upcoming week(s).

Ghost23

Well my game is not loading past the NeverWinter loading screen. Anyone else with this problem? It has worked perfectly beforehand.

CzarTim

A couple of notes on the Playerlist:

I think a few people mistook their login name for their handle. To see what your handle is, right click your portrait. Whatever is after "@" is your handle. Please PM me if you are already on the list and got it wrong.

Also, a few people haven't accepted friend requests. Hit "O" to bring up the social menu and look for any pink entries. The game doesn't notify you if you get requests offline.

Dec

Well my game is not loading past the NeverWinter loading screen. Anyone else with this problem? It has worked perfectly beforehand.

Nope, google doesn't bring up anything of use either.

For the controller thing, xpadder should work fine. You just assign button presses to keystrokes.

Anton668

Chat Channel

While we wait for the guild to get up, I have set up a chat channel for us. To join, click on the gear on the left side of the chat window, go to the "Custom Channel" tab, and type in "GAF" where it says join channel. I will use this to help find people to help create the guild.

good idea! thanks
should really help getting this thing going

Ghost23

My wizard is lvl 7, but man I don't know if I want to continue him or make a rogue. Wizard seems somewhat...boring. Are there really only 4 at-will spells total for the wizard?

Dec

My wizard is lvl 7, but man I don't know if I want to continue him or make a rogue. Wizard seems somewhat...boring. Are there really only 4 at-will spells total for the wizard?

Probably, but at-wills are only your skills you spam when everything else is on cooldown.

CzarTim

GAF Guild

Now live. Ask anyone in the guild for an invite. (Open the social menu, click find person, type in "GAF", look at the guild column.)

Top Bottom