• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Not the MMO you've been waiting for

ZenVolta

Just saw this on the NW forums.
Will we be merging all shards into one during this maintenance?

We will not - all three servers will remain separate. There is currently no timeline on merging the shards together.

They...they are going to merge the servers?! What madness!

A couple of questions:

Is it the Guardian Fighter or the Great Weapon Fighter that is weak right now?

I got a message saying I have mail but when I went to check nothing was there. Is this a known bug? I'm worried because I'm in the Blacklake area with the Guardian Fighter and the two other classes I've played through this area as had their own quests but so far for the GF I haven't gotten one. I hope I didn't miss it.

Dec

A couple of questions:

Is it the Guardian Fighter or the Great Weapon Fighter that is weak right now?

I got a message saying I have mail but when I went to check nothing was there. Is this a known bug? I'm worried because I'm in the Blacklake area with the Guardian Fighter and the two other classes I've played through this area as had their own quests but so far for the GF I haven't gotten one. I hope I didn't miss it.

Great Weapon Fighter is considered weak until mid 30s.

There was a bug in beta where mail wasn't showing up even though the icon was flashing, I haven't had that happen in open beta but it's possible. Every class gets their own quest between 10-20, the mail you get just helps to tell you where to find it. It is still possible to find the quest by accident and complete it.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't setup a payment account thingie so far, how much roughly is a 3rd character slot in real world money?

Also, how does the whole ingame economy work, it's so confusing :)

Great Weapon Fighter is considered weak until mid 30s.

There was a bug in beta where mail wasn't showing up even though the icon was flashing, I haven't had that happen in open beta but it's possible. Every class gets their own quest between 10-20, the mail you get just helps to tell you where to find it. It is still possible to find the quest by accident and complete it.

Okay, thanks. I couldn't remember when the other two classes I played got their quests but I'm only level 8 so I guess what I saw was a bug. Not sure.

Dec

Didn't setup a payment account thingie so far, how much roughly is a 3rd character slot in real world money?

Also, how does the whole ingame economy work, it's so confusing :)

Character slots are 2 for $5. Gold is for most vendors (mounts, supplies), Astral Diamonds is for higher level supplies/auction house. Zen is the paid currency.

You can trade Astral Diamonds for Zen, and Zen for Astral Diamonds with other players. For this, think GW2's system with fluctuating exchange rates that haven't normalized just yet.

Okay, thanks. I couldn't remember when the other two classes I played got their quests but I'm only level 8 so I guess what I saw was a bug. Not sure.

There doesn't seem to be any indication of when each class gets it besides the mail, I just have generally found it to be 10-15 for most.

Declarius, I was able to transfer items via mail but I guess I can't do it with money and astral diamonds. Do you know of a way to transfer that stuff?

Napophis

I made a Guardian Fighter and got to mid 20's because i love tanking but from the dungeons if ran so far, there doesn't seem to be much tanking, has anyone gotten one to max or close to it yet and seen if this is still the case?

Dec

Declarius, I was able to transfer items via mail but I guess I can't do it with money and astral diamonds. Do you know of a way to transfer that stuff?

I don't think so, but you could just trade it to a friend to trade to your other character.

I made a Guardian Fighter and got to mid 20's because i love tanking but from the dungeons if ran so far, there doesn't seem to be much tanking, has anyone gotten one to max or close to it yet and seen if this is still the case?

Threat is a little broken, Clerics take aggro easily. You still had trouble after getting the aoe taunt?

Napophis

Yes, usually some come to me and the rest go all over. I almost always start with a charge and then do the aoe taunt.

Dec

Yes, usually some come to me and the rest go all over. I almost always start with a charge and then do the aoe taunt.

Tried using the swipe at-will? The one that cleaves.

I haven't done any tanking since the early betas but I found that used to help. Charge in, taunt, get everyone in front of you, cleave.

Nymerio

Yeah that shit needs to go. Either get rid of it completely or make it so you can't roll on other class's loot. Also, having to roll on unidentified stuff is stupid.

T.O.P

Banned
Stopped playing after i reached lvl20 with my great swordmaster out of boredome, tried a control wizard and i'm having a blast now, should clock 30 by tonight, really liking the game so far :D

Dec

Stopped playing after i reached lvl20 with my great swordmaster out of boredome, tried a control wizard and i'm having a blast now, should clock 30 by tonight, really liking the game so far :D

General consensus is Great Weapon gets better. Right there with you, though. I'll return to the class when it isn't boring the first half of the game.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Control Wizards are really fun. I'm level 24 almost 25 and its been a blast since get go. Seems to be a very capable dps/cc class.

Ricker

Meh, you can roll need on other classes items. Rogue stealing my cleric loot ;(

People dont notice at first I guess but it even says in bright red beneath the item that its not for your class...some people just need on everything because they are in a rush to close the window hehe...

Ghost23

Just got to level 10 on my rogue, and I don't really know where to go in terms of my abilities and feats. Any suggestions? Any path that is considered superior to others?

Dec

Just got to level 10 on my rogue, and I don't really know where to go in terms of my abilities and feats. Any suggestions? Any path that is considered superior to others?

You're pretty much going to level up everything at the lower levels so just try out the skills and see what's decent. My rogue is only 16 atm but I'm liking Dazing Strike for the stun (it also hits in an aoe if they are bunched close enough), followed by Lashing Blade which does huge damage.

Once you get stealth Lashing Blade is a 100% crit chance if used from stealth.

Using those plus the daily that boosts your damage by a flat percent, and makes stealth last longer is making damage insanely high. I'm nearly doubling every other classes damage in dungeons.

The negative is it's all single target for the most part.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
iBmsANUvavisl.jpg

The armor designs in this game..

Somnia

Trying to keep everything new for myself but I checked it out for a few seconds. That dragon... is fucking you up.

Really love how cool the dragons look in this though.

Oh btw that's not me, just someone I've followed on twitch for awhile. It is fucking them up though lol

Ploid 3.0

Bad idea to spend points in int for GWF when I want to lower it's cooldowns? I'll be getting some gear with recovery in it as well.

ZenVolta

I love exploring!

iqBhzEjNjfiEQ.gif

Now if only there were something out here to find lol

Edit: Ask and you shall receive!

Saw this trolling chest during the level 29 "History Lessons" quest. Pretty sure there isnt a normal way of getting it. So I jumped out of the map and loot dat mutha.
Nothing good =(

JesseZao

I think this game has potential. User created content for an MMO? Sounds too good to be true, but if it succeeds will stay alive for a long time. Game is just fun to play.

Anton668

I swear I have the worst luck with the kits. 75% my ass! and it seems its gotten worse...

must be more like a 40% chance.... fml

ETA: and now another 90% fuse chance..... failed.... smh :(

Nishastra

Banned
I think this game has potential. User created content for an MMO? Sounds too good to be true, but if it succeeds will stay alive for a long time. Game is just fun to play.
This isn't the first... or second... or third MMO to do it.

In particular, every one of Cryptic's games has (or had) it in some form or another.

I think it works better here than elsewhere just because of the format, though.

JesseZao

This isn't the first... or second... or third MMO to do it.

In particular, every one of Cryptic's games has (or had) it in some form or another.

I think it works better here than elsewhere just because of the format, though.

First doesn't matter. You have to have the right product at the right time. The mass market didn't/doesn't care about ST:O. (City of * did well but that game isn't a dungeon crawler).

If Blizzard had mod tools for D3 like they've had for SC/WC in the past, a lot more people would be playing D3 still.

Top Bottom