• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Not the MMO you've been waiting for

ZenVolta

I saw some people talking about this in game and was hoping someone knew the answer.

How many Astral Diamonds would it take to buy a Enchanted Key? I think its 125 Zen for one.

All I know is there is a conversion rate but I dont know if its set or changes day by day.

So I've played a Cleric to level ten and am having fun with him but after seeing some people kick ass as Trickster Rogue's I think I'm going to spend some time with that class. They look really fun to play.

CzarTim

I saw some people talking about this in game and was hoping someone knew the answer.

How many Astral Diamonds would it take to buy a Enchanted Key? I think its 125 Zen for one.

All I know is there is a conversion rate but I dont know if its set or changes day by day.
Since it's an open market, it's hard to say. The game just released, so everything is in motion.

Right now people are selling the keys on the auction house for 87,000 AD.

If you traded AD for Zen, you could get it for 62,500 AD.

It'll take a few weeks for prices to normalize.

Dec

So I've played a Cleric to level ten and am having fun with him but after seeing some people kick ass as Trickster Rogue's I think I'm going to spend some time with that class. They look really fun to play.

I hadn't played a Trickster since beta until today but immediately noticed they do like twice every other class' damage. Beginning to level one and so far it's been fun.

Unfortunately have to stop for a bit as some family gave me the flu and I feel terrible.

CzarTim

I hadn't played a Trickster since beta until today but immediately noticed they do like twice every other class' damage. Beginning to level one and so far it's been fun.

Unfortunately have to stop for a bit as some family gave me the flu and I feel terrible.

Rogue is super fun. Was planning on going Cleric, but when I tried the rogue during beta, it sold me.

The only downside is it's pretty weak in PVP, or at least I've speced in a way that it sucks. Other players have enough survivability / stuns / escapes that I get shut down pretty quick. Hard to stay in range as well.

Emitan

Why don't I get a cool pose?

eilime8yuob.png

EDIT: Server went down right when I was claiming my reward from an instance :(

Emitan

Thanks for stopping by the <b><i>Neverwinter</b></i> website!
<p>Unfortunately you've caught us at a bad time. Due to performance issues caused by heavy load, the site will be offline for a brief moment. Please pardon our dust as we smooth things out.
<p>We hope to have things resolved shortly. Meanwhile, feel free to download the <b><i>Neverwinter</b></i> client <a href=http://download.perfectworld.com/nw/NW.1.20130225d.1.exe>here</a>, or check out our latest news updates on our <a href=http://www.facebook.com/neverwintergame>Facebook Page</a>.

lol this is so bad

Ploid 3.0

Oh apparently there's another submenu of graphic settings beyond the advanced tab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlapGenbUMo

Ah nice, come on servers I want to try this out and play the game!!

I did my first dungeon today, it was interesting. Had to fight the boss twice because we wiped on the first time. I was the tank. I ended up just getting putting threat on stuff and continued to move away from the party so the red circles would be around them less. I don't really have enough time to try to damage stuff outside of the special ability for getting enough AP. Good thing blocking helps fill it up. I need to look up some vids on how tanks play in fights like that. This game is fun.

Khronico

Added my name to the player list. I'm not really having any fun with this game so far, but I'll play more until I make up my mind one way or another.

ZenVolta

Servers are up!

Edit: And as I posted that the servers went back down. Well dang guess im not playing tonight =(

And I added my name to the list =D

Z3M0G

Crap... i was hoping to just log in and create my character... at least get any initial patch(es) overnight...

Oh well...

zulfate

first time trying it out, i am a huge fan of DnD so this is up my alley. first time logging in....cant connect to server :(

Dec

Surprised people didn't notice the advanced graphics stuff. I can imagine if a lot of people are unaware it would make the crappy graphics argument make more sense.

They still aren't great but there are alternative lighting and rendering modes and some sliders go way above %100.

Really neat that it updates in the game dynamically, doesn't need you reset the engine so you can see the difference things like the ssao makes.

Depressed with how everything seems to be coming up now that the game is up. Waited months and have played like a tenth of what I would really like to.

Brokun

Playing this with my buddy. I really like how the combat animations look, specifically for the rogue and wizard (it's like mage-fu!). The other animations could use some work though, like running, jumping, or being idle. The combat is refreshing for an MMO, giving you a blend of the Diablo 3/Secret World "skill loadout" concept with Tera's action combat.

Your cursor is in permanent mouse-look mode, which takes some getting used to, but really accentuates how the combat was designed. Pressing ALT to enable the mouse cursor for interacting with the UI can be cumbersome however.

Dec

Was going to try this until I saw how generic the artstyle was.

Systems and gameplay are a much more important part of the game to me personally but with that said I don't really agree, did you just look at screenshots?

Playing this with my buddy. I really like how the combat animations look, specifically for the rogue and wizard (it's like mage-fu!). The other animations could use some work though, like running, jumping, or being idle. The combat is refreshing for an MMO, giving you a blend of the Diablo 3/Secret World "skill loadout" concept with Tera's action combat.

Your cursor is in permanent mouse-look mode, which takes some getting used to, but really accentuates how the combat was designed. Pressing ALT to enable the mouse cursor for interacting with the UI can be cumbersome however.

You can also just open your backpack or hit escape.

Ashodin

Surprised people didn't notice the advanced graphics stuff. I can imagine if a lot of people are unaware it would make the crappy graphics argument make more sense.

They still aren't great but there are alternative lighting and rendering modes and some sliders go way above %100.

Really neat that it updates in the game dynamically, doesn't need you reset the engine so you can see the difference things like the ssao makes.

Depressed with how everything seems to be coming up now that the game is up. Waited months and have played like a tenth of what I would really like to.

SSAO is awesome in this bro

everyone should be turning on those options.

CzarTim

I got to level 30 yesterday. A few things:

- The more options I have, the more I like the combat. Which is why having to put points into specific skills takes away some of the fun / variety I would have if I could switch between powers without a massive damage penalty.

- Crafting is fine once you get to level three of your chosen skill(s). I just wish the "your task is finished" was more noticeable. I usually forget.

- I've probably made about 90k Astral Diamonds since Saturday and spent 10k. Getting them is not a big deal, and there's no real reason to spend them if you don't want.

- My companion gets stuck A LOT. Very annoying to turn around and it's nowhere near the fight. Especially for bosses.

Z3M0G

OMG... what is with this account system? I registered, then can't log into anything... I try to reset my password and the reset password page seems to do nothing at all... What is this mess??

Dec

My brother's girlfriend accidentally bought $20 worth of perfect world cards instead of LoL so I got em for free. Lots of character slots for my wife and I. :)

Ezio

Just hit 20 before the servers blew up last night. However, I'm really not feeling the tunic look on my wizard, I want a real robe damnit!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So it seems that Great weapon fighters only get 2-handed swords? Like, there are no 2hand axes or maces or anything else?

Man I really dig the rogue's combat animations. The warping about, satisfying strikes, it's quite fun. Still partial to the cleric, but it's becoming a tough choice to stick to.

Reclaimer

So it seems that Great weapon fighters only get 2-handed swords? Like, there are no 2hand axes or maces or anything else?

For the great weapon fighter, there are two handed axes and hammers that drop later. Also smaller one handed versions drop for the guardian.

I'm definitively warming up to the game now I've got past level 10. Playing as a cleric becomes much more fun once you have access to your powered up mode are are able to hurl enemies around with your crowd control.

Xyber

So, is it just me or is Great Weapon Fighter incredibly weak damage wise? I'm lvl 20 and I just don't any damage at all compared to my friends who are playing Trickster and Control Wizard. If I go 1 on 1 against pretty much any class, I always lose. And I lose big. My At-will skills is like poking them with a stick. Only attack worth using is the knockdown, the rest is just super weak.

Isn't my class supposed to be a damn damage dealer?

Top Bottom