• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Not the MMO you've been waiting for

Dec

Their Twitter( @NeverwinterGame)is actually faster sometimes as well...got my companion and chose the Dog since when I play in french with my friend he is the offensive Guardian and I am Control Wizard.

''UPDATE: We need to perform emergency network maintenance. ETA downtime: 1 hour. Stay here and we'll update you with new details.''

I'm sure it's the same person running both sites pages just depends on your preferred site.

Server up.

OTIX

This was probably asked a thousand times but:

Can anyone tell me where or how are we supposed to trade Astrad Diamonds for Zens? I looked everywhere but i cant find it.

I kinda feel dumb.
The menu at the top of the screen, I think one of the buttons goes there.

Anyway, tanking for PUGs still sucks big hairy balls. I think I'll give the guardian a rest and roll a rogue so my only job can be saying how bad everyone is and then logging off right before the boss. Seriously though, the matching algorithms for parties need a lot of work. A guardian, a cleric and three rogues walk into a bar...
That sounds like a perfectly doable group. I once got put in a group with three rogues and two wizards...

Dec

This was probably asked a thousand times but:

Can anyone tell me where or how are we supposed to trade Astrad Diamonds for Zens? I looked everywhere but i cant find it.

I kinda feel dumb.

Woops missed this. Yea it's the 3rd icon from the left in your little tray menu at the top. Button has a Z and diamond on it.

Dec

Account was hacked. Seems to be happening to other people too. Going to try to get a hold of support to fix it. Czartim, demote me to member in the guild so my account can't kick people.

Edit: Got account, logging in to see what's up.

I didn't lose anything. Everything is normal except my keybinds were defaulted. I think because I was already signed into the website I could then change my email back and reset my password, catching them before anything could be done. I think everything is back to normal but I'll wait and see. Nothing missing at all.

Learned some very useful things. There is an account guard that requires all unknown computers signing in to require a code sent to your email to do anything. This feature is not available for Neverwinter, but it can be enabled though Star Trek and protects your Neverwinter account since they are part of a master Cryptic account. It shows an unknown IP signing in 3 minutes before me, so I think I caught it at the perfect time to stop the hacker. You can enable it my making an account on the Star Trek site, you'll then see an account guard option in your account settings that isn't there for Neverwinter.

JesseZao

Account was hacked. Seems to be happening to other people too. Going to try to get a hold of support to fix it. Czartim, demote me to member in the guild so my account can't kick people.

I didn't lose anything. Everything is normal except my keybinds were defaulted. I think because I was already signed into the website I could then change my email back and reset my password, catching them before anything could be done. I think everything is back to normal but I'll wait and see. Nothing missing at all.

Learned some very useful things. There is an account guard that requires all unknown computers signing in to require a code sent to your email to do anything. This feature is not available for Neverwinter, but it can be enabled though Star Trek and protects your Neverwinter account since they are part of a master Cryptic account. It shows an unknown IP signing in 3 minutes before me, so I think I caught it at the perfect time to stop the hacker. You can enable it my making an account on the Star Trek site, you'll then see an account guard option in your account settings that isn't there for Neverwinter.

I think that's just a standard feature. I have that and I've never played or signed up for ST:O.

Dec

I think that's just a standard feature. I have that and I've never played or signed up for ST:O.

It definitely wasn't enabled for me. The link to enable it isn't in Neverwinter account sections while it is in Star Treks. Are you sure you're not thinking of the gateway site? I got a code email on that but I have never gotten one to sign into the actual game.

Did you play Champions Online? That has it too.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
It definitely wasn't enabled for me. The link to enable it isn't in Neverwinter account sections while it is in Star Treks. Are you sure you're not thinking of the gateway site? I got a code email on that but I have never gotten one to sign into the actual game.

The account guard with a one-time code to login is for Neverwinter as well, I use it and this is the only Cryptic game I've played.

Dec

The account guard with a one-time code to login is for Neverwinter as well, I use it and this is the only Cryptic game I've played.

Wasn't on for me. Only Perfect World game I've played with this account is Blacklight Retribution.

How do you enable account guard for Neverwinter?

Nevermind...It seems I have it enabled already. A dialog box popped up during Neverwinter's character select screen a few days after playing the game to enable the feature.

Dec

How do you enable account guard for Neverwinter?

Go to http://sto.perfectworld.com/ and sign into your Perfect World account on the top right. In that account management page you should see this, Star Trek on the left, Neverwinter on the right. Just click account guard on the Star Trek page to set it up.

i1vuJqwjSpH1j.png

Nevermind you got it. I must have missed that pop up or something.

CzarTim

That sucks. I'm wondering what the point of account hackers is? Gold is worthless in this game and gear is usually bound.

Dec

That sucks. I'm wondering what the point of account hackers is? Gold is worthless in this game and gear is usually bound.

Yea I'm really not sure. I think maybe they are trying to find founder accounts with 600k+ diamonds on them. Kind of wish there was an authenticator but account guard should go a long way towards helping.

CzarTim

Got to level 60. Overall I had fun. The combat is the main reason I stuck with it. Rogue is fun, it gets totally overwhelmed by a group of mobs but can down bosses without much trouble. My main problem is I basically used the same starting Encounter powers the entire time. Every new power I tried didn't really click with my play style. The point system doesn't really lend itself well to experimentation.

Glad I played it, but it's a mediocre. Not sure if I want to dive into the end game, I'd rather level up another character.

Dec

This account guard thing is terrible.

I'm testing it with my wife on a different computer and it asks for the code when signing into the actual game but requires no code at all to sign into the website. Meaning it's completely useless. If they had your password, signed into the website, not receiving a code authorization, then change the email, then signed into the game, it would send the code to the hacker's email and effectively render the account guard useless.

Not to mention attempting to go into the account guard management page prompts me for a code literally every single time I try. Even reloading the tab asks for a new code.

Broken. Not sure how anyone is expected to rely on this thing for security.

I just logged into my wifes account, changed the email to mine, it sent the confirmation to MY email that I was changing it to, and I changed her email. It did nothing but tell her I was doing it, didn't ask for any confirmation. She couldn't stop it if she tried and account guard did nothing.

Got to level 60. Overall I had fun. The combat is the main reason I stuck with it. Rogue is fun, it gets totally overwhelmed by a group of mobs but can down bosses without much trouble. My main problem is I basically used the same starting Encounter powers the entire time. Every new power I tried didn't really click with my play style. The point system doesn't really lend itself well to experimentation.

Glad I played it, but it's a mediocre. Not sure if I want to dive into the end game, I'd rather level up another character.

How much did you solo and did you ever have any difficulty doing it? I'm leaning towards making a rogue as my next character.

JWong

Banned
Man, PVP will need some help with those afkers and leavers.

Also, rogue deal so much damage, that 5 rogues will just rip apart the other team.

JesseZao

Not sure then. I haven't played any of their other games

I rolled on Dragon originally but I'm thinking about trying out a new class on Mindflayer. Probably Trickster Rogue or Devoted Cleric since I'm not feeling Great Weapon Fighter (to my surprise). How big is the GAF guild btw?

Dunlop

Quit the guild last night,no drama whatsoever I just found out like half a dozen of my co-workers play the game and had their own guild.

Worse my old wow/kotor guild plays on beholder but I don't feel like rerolling lol.

Thanks for the invite

JWong

Banned
Played some more PVE and PVP, but something about this game is turning me off.

Just looking at all the epic item spam in chat already makes me feel like I'm grinding for gear. I can at least tolerate it in STO because the combat is different.

Techies

This seriously isn't the game for me. First off bad lip sync, statue NPCs giving generic quests.
I also miss the old days where the first thing you were taught to do is to team up and do dungeons together which wouldn't be possible or very hard to do alone.

When I run into town all I see is text spam and a bunch of players soloing. Worst of all it got the dragon age2 treatment...

Amneisac

This seriously isn't the game for me. First off bad lip sync, statue NPCs giving generic quests.
I also miss the old days where the first thing you were taught to do is to team up and do dungeons together which wouldn't be possible or very hard to do alone.

When I run into town all I see is text spam and a bunch of players soloing. Worst of all it got the dragon age2 treatment...

It's really funny because I really thought I would have felt the same way from what I've heard, but I've leveled 2 players to 20 and so I really love it. Of course, this has been playing with friends in a party the whole time and I definitely see how the instancing would be very single player if you weren't in a party. I actually think the PVP is pretty cool so far and there's something comforting about just embracing the MMO standards. I liked GW2 for a while, but a lot of the features I thought I would love actually made for a pretty unrewarding end-game experience.

Anyways, I totally get the complaints, but in spite of all that I'm really enjoying the game. My main concern being the obvious pay to win problem, but we'll see how it goes later on.

Xiaoki

Diamonds

You have 20k Diamonds, they put up a heal potion on the AH for 20k Diamonds. They now have all your Diamonds.

(excluding posting fee and stuff like that to easier explain)

xenist

I'm slowly having the nightmarish revelation that my Guardian build may be broken. Shit. I was hoping the first money I spent on this would be for something cool, not a respec.

JWong

Banned
I'm slowly having the nightmarish revelation that my Guardian build may be broken. Shit. I was hoping the first money I spent on this would be for something cool, not a respec.

Gotta remember that everything ingame is obtainable by ingame currency.

Just takes time. Exchange Astral Diamonds for Zen coins.

xenist

Gotta remember that everything ingame is obtainable by ingame currency.

Just takes time. Exchange Astral Diamonds for Zen coins.

It's 600 zen. About 120K astral diamonds at the current rates. At a couple of thousand a pop I'm gonna have to grind dailies for a while or go heavily into playing the AH. Both really boring prospects for me.

Dec

It's 600 zen. About 120K astral diamonds at the current rates. At a couple of thousand a pop I'm gonna have to grind dailies for a while or go heavily into playing the AH. Both really boring prospects for me.

If you're planning on doing a lot of PVP or Dungeons at 60 you can get a lot of diamonds by selling the gear you get in both. Last time I checked a piece of PVP gear sold for 75k diamonds and took like 1-2 hours to get.

xenist

If you're planning on doing a lot of PVP or Dungeons at 60 you can get a lot of diamonds by selling the gear you get in both. Last time I checked a piece of PVP gear sold for 75k diamonds and took like 1-2 hours to get.

Considering my build is probably broken I'm gonna have to grind so I can overlevel content if I'm to reach 60. C'est la vie.

Ezio

Hit 30 last night on my DC. Still really enjoying the game. PVP is a bit broken, while I can't really be killed for the most part rogues are insane dps. They are about the only class that can take me down 1v1.

I think their plan with the Foundry quests supplying fresh, and new content for free will fall flat on its face unless they drastically improve the Foundry tools.
As it is right now, it just allows you to create new grind fests. You can't create engaging combat encounters, as there is no way to script new behaviour into enemies, so you end up with rehashes of what is already out there in the game. Add to the fact that the quests lack voice-overs unlike the official ones, and it seems kinda unlikely that they will offer a compelling alternative to them.

Ezio

For me with the Foundry Quests, it all depends on how well the story is written. I don't mind reading text and doing the same combat as long as the story at least intrigues me.

Cidd

Are PVP gears good in PVE? I managed to get my PVP set minus the accessory working on that now. But I want to take a break from getting 1 shotted by Tricksters, PVP is beyond broken.

Xiaoki

Kinda in the same boat.

Turns out I was an idiot and specced my Guardian as a ....*gasp*tank just to find out that tank Guardians are not needed or wanted endgame.

This game keeps getting better and betterer.

I think their plan with the Foundry quests supplying fresh, and new content for free will fall flat on its face unless they drastically improve the Foundry tools.
As it is right now, it just allows you to create new grind fests. You can't create engaging combat encounters, as there is no way to script new behaviour into enemies, so you end up with rehashes of what is already out there in the game. Add to the fact that the quests lack voice-overs unlike the official ones, and it seems kinda unlikely that they will offer a compelling alternative to them.

The foundry was in their other games, it didn't replace them adding in new content themselves to the game. It's just something different about their games that give you unique experienes. Foundry will no doubt also be improved over time as it has in their other games which add new features and optional functionality to the software.

As with any custom content creator options in games, people make tons of crap. But it takes time for the cream to rise to the top via the ratings and you also often get content makers who really become famous for what they come up with and folks follow their creations.

Dunlop

That last boss in Lair of the Mad Dragon is retarded lol.

We wiped twice (with a pug) and then had a good strat going, got the dragon to like 10% when the new mos triggered and I had like a dozen imps instantly on me preventing my movement had being killed in under 3 seconds, dude came to revive me and we both droped within a second. Game over

Wouldn't be so rage inducing if it did not take like 20 minutes of pure combat on that boss.

I've taking down raid bosses in half the time lol

Ezio

That last boss in Lair of the Mad Dragon is retarded lol.

We wiped twice (with a pug) and then had a good strat going, got the dragon to like 10% when the new mos triggered and I had like a dozen imps instantly on me preventing my movement had being killed in under 3 seconds, dude came to revive me and we both droped within a second. Game over

Wouldn't be so rage inducing if it did not take like 20 minutes of pure combat on that boss.

I've taking down raid bosses in half the time lol

I'm just about the level to do this instance and from the things I'm hearing, it's better to be grouping with people you know or are in your guild rather then PUGs.

Dec

I hate game support. Emailed them asking them to disable my account until I had it back. Then I got it back and corrected my ticket to let them know that. Wake up today... account banned. Can't sign into support or anything and I have no idea what to do. Didn't even get an email.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I hate game support. Emailed them asking them to disable my account until I had it back. Then I got it back and corrected my ticket to let them know that. Wake up today... account banned. Can't sign into support or anything and I have no idea what to do. Didn't even get an email.

http://nw.perfectworld.com -> Support, I guess.

Top Bottom