• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Not the MMO you've been waiting for

nikos

Got booted, so I logged back in and now my ping is very low. Hopefully it holds up.

EDIT: Happened as soon as I left the tutorial area, so that might be it.

EDIT 2: Main city is fine, combat areas aren't.

CzarTim

Hey guys, we didn't get enough people on and now I have to go. If someone else wants to start the guild, feel free. Otherwise I'll try again tomorrow.

Nekofrog

Banned
I'm already in a guild so I won't be able to join the NeoGAF guild (they never tend to last anyhow). I'll be glad to friend people and level/do dungeons, though.

I'm a nearly 33 cleric.

It's been working fine for me over the last hour or so. I'm at level 6 now but I'm really not enjoying the game, the combat and world seem lacking in comparison to GW2 and the instanced missions mean it doesn't feel at all like an MMORPG. Does things get going once you hit a certain level/area or is it all pretty much the same?

Mrg8523-

More like NeverDownload.

12.5 kb/s

My speed is pretty terrible too. Only going around 100kb/s. The sad part is that I had already downloaded around 80% of it on Sunday night and decided to cancel and delete it thinking that I wouldn't be getting into the closed beta.

My speed is pretty terrible too. Only going around 100kb/s. The sad part is that I had already downloaded around 80% of it on Sunday night and decided to cancel and delete it thinking that I wouldn't be getting into the closed beta.

Not to worry, there's a queue as well on Mindflayer.

Played 5 levels of the cleric class that I got up to level 16 or so in closed beta before taking a 15 minute break and getting logged off. Still the same game. Maybe I should try a different class, but the grouping I did in the closed beta seemed to indicate that the healer was the most important class for good dungeons. Aggro as a tank seemed weird; there wasn't enough tools to handle everything.

schwupp

130430 22:17:28 1 [1] ESC : Error: The patchclientlib is internally recording error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function - No response for some command in autoupdate state
130430 22:17:28 3 [1] ESC : Error: The patchclientlib is returning error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function

whats going on here? :( i was able to start the game at launch...now its broken?

nikos

Got logged out while making dinner, due to 15 minutes of inactivity, and now I'm in a 9000+ person queue. :eek:

Servers have been running very smoothly since the maintenance, though.

Xyber

Got logged out while making dinner, due to 15 minutes of inactivity, and now I'm in a 9000+ person queue. :eek:

Servers have been running very smoothly since the maintenance, though.

That might be because of the 20k+ queue to get in to the game now.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Whelp, just made my Tiefling Wizard and got hit with the queue. Oh boy.

As a Baldur's Gate fan, I couldn't resist making my char from Amn.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
my queue position just went up from under 9k to over 20k. oh, good.

If they expand on classes/paragon paths, make some more interesting pvp modes/maps, with larger player counts, they could have a pretty decent arena pvp game on their hands.

nikos

Neverwinter, more like Neverleavingqueue amirite?

Down to 829, IB 20k again though.

EDIT: Got into the 300s, back up to 20k.

Perfect World's website is the fuckest baloney shit I've ever seen. I can't login on any account I apparently had created in the past (one was apparently banned and another just won't login no matter what) and I also can't create a new account.

What a piece of shit. Game's probably awful anyway, so I'm not even gonna bother to keep trying.

Ricker

Mmm,over 7k in queue for now on Mindflayer...I will try and make another character on the other 2 servers to see..you can only make 2 if you havent bought one of the packs...I played this afternoon and kinda liked it,there's a few things I dont get yet with the interface though and wasn't this suppose to support a controller? I dont see any options for it.

I will probaly pay 15 bucks for the lowest pack,the one that gives you some extra inventory slots ...they have an overflow type way of doing things also,kinda like GW2,you have to party up and then join your friend and transfer to their number of the same area...

Gnub

31k queue!
BigAssQueue.png

It has been a rubberbanding mess for me. Basically every 15 seconds or so the game just freezes and you get sent back about 10 feet. Makes any kind of combat hard. I just came in first place in pvp doing the first pvp quest. I thought I was doing the worst because of the crazzy rubberbanding. Everyone else must just suck.

Right now it isn't worth playing imo.

Top Bottom