• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Not the MMO you've been waiting for

SUPARSTARX

Launcher solutions on their forums:

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions
We're looking into it right now and will resolve it shortly.

Update 1: We know the cause and have a team working on it. Thank you for being patient.
Update 2: Solution is being worked on. You'll be able to log in soon.
Update 3: The issues are related to the web server that hosts the Launcher page. We're working on a redirect and it should be fixed soon.
Update 4: We're going to QA (internally test) another update to the launcher. Hold tight - it's close! And remember, if you're a Founder stuck at login and already have a level 10+ character, check out Gateway! https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/
Update 5: Launcher fix in place. Thank you for being so patient while we work to resolve the issue. Log into Neverwinter NOW!
Update 6: For players who still cannot get in, we have a fix for you in a few minutes. Stay tuned.
[Solution] Update 7:
Originally Posted by cmpinpointerror
For players with a "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function" error, please download this file and replace your Neverwinter.exe file with this where you installed the game.

Download link: http://download.perfectworld.com/nw/launcher/Neverwinter.exe
Update 8: 403 errors - Looking into it!
[Solution] Update 9: For players with 403 error, click on this link: https://my.perfectworld.com/nw/redeemkey. You don't need a key. Just go to the page to fix the 403 error.
[Solution] Update 10: For "CrypticError: Oops! Oops! Your Cryptic application has crashed. To help us out, please indicate what was going on at the time of the crash, while we gather information." messages, close Teamviewer and Mumble if you have them opened.
[Solution] Update 11: Error 36 message while trying to patch:
Originally Posted by heyrogers
You might want to:
1) Make sure that you have enough available disk space for patching.
2) Make sure that none of the files are already in use (i.e. you don't already have the game launching in the background)
3) Run the launcher as administrator
[Solution] Update 12: "Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate" "Trying to update the launcher. Be patient. Tried connecting 1 time." Replace Neverwinter.exe listed in Solution Update 7.
Update 13: We're going to take the servers down to address a few issues in around 15 minutes. Maintenance thread here.
Update 14: Maintenance completed. We'll continue to monitor this thread.
Update 15: We apologize that some players have had to wait in a queue to access Neverwinter. Our goal is to minimize the wait time as soon as possible. To accomplish this, we will be performing updates to the servers and network overnight. Please keep an eye on this page for updates - we plan to have updated information regarding our progress around 9 a.m. on Wednesday, May 1, Pacific Time.

Dec

Nice to see the OP for this. Got mid 30s during closed betas and still love this game as much as I remember. There are a lot of claims of mediocrity all around but the only area where I would agree is production value.

I really like the gameplay, quests, foundry, PVP, and dungeons.

Things that are lacking are voice acting, animations, and graphics (but I think this is overstated as the game looks fine most of the time, and great sometimes.)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I played for a bit last night, just to level 5. I enjoy it and think the game has potential. The combat system (at least as a control wizard) does a very nice job of hiding it's MMO-ness and really feeling more action-y, almost like a mix of Diablo 2 and god of war-style console action game. That probably wears off once you have dozens/hundreds of hours poured into the game and everything boils down to numbers and formulas, but at least for now it feels like a nice change of pace from most of the genre.

Remmy2112

8 A.M. and there is a 6k queue haha,obviously the queue is fucked up...hey its still a beta.

Or it's just like Aion or a few other MMO launches. People would macro stuff to stay logged in so they would not have to deal with the queue the next day, or use other ingame features to accomplish the same.

xenist

Or it's just like Aion or a few other MMO launches. People would macro stuff to stay logged in so they would not have to deal with the queue the next day, or use other ingame features to accomplish the same.

Reminds me of the good old days in WOW, when you'd have a character autorunning at a wall instead of logging out.

BrettWeir

How in the hell do I spend 45 minutes waiting in queue, starting at over 9000, getting to around 6000, then all of a sudden I'm at over 11,000?

Darkone

5am est

- Client is downloaded, takes about 10 attempts to log in...until I realize you have to use your - e-mail and not the username you chose (even though it says either on the client)
- another patch
- watch video pretty cool), make a cleric and and 7k in queue
- go back to getting the kids ready for school and my stuff for work
- sneak down to see if I can login and am now 93k in queue

Operation play before work...failure

LOL, btw, from what game is your Avatar?

Talents

Banned
Not a very big range of classes? I remember playing the first one years and years ago and there was a much bigger selection. The wizard sounds bleh even though that's usually my favorite class.

Remmy2112

How in the hell do I spend 45 minutes waiting in queue, starting at over 9000, getting to around 6000, then all of a sudden I'm at over 11,000?

Sometimes if you alt-tab the counter will bug out and display a inaccurate number. It will correct itself if you have the window in focus, or change the game to windowed mode after a time.

Qvoth

added you @czartim11 or was it @czartim? added both just in case anyway
server's going down in a few minutes

Surprised at how much fun I was having with this game last night. There's just something about it...

I enjoy that it's really lore heavy. Picking where your character is from (and you have a lot to choose from) is pretty neat. I wonder if any of that comes into play later or if its just mainly for role play. The story seems simple and not convoluted and hard to follow like every other mmo out there.

The graphics are by no means amazing but they do like a lot better than I thought they would on ultra settings. I think I just enjoy the art, it kinda reminds me of Torchlight sort of? And that can also be said about the gameplay aspect. It feels like an mmo mixed with a Torchlight/Diablo. Pretty fun! Seems like there also tons of customization with skills and so forth.

Overall, enjoying it so far. Feels like a solid game and even better, it's free. Playing a cleric while my brother plays the rogue class.

schwupp

pvp is kind of broken for healers :(
score is used to calculate the glory reward. but healing does not award score points.

needs to get fixed asap ..

Ghost23

Late bloomer. I've got one up to 14 and it seems rather lackluster at early levels compared to every other class. Apparently it does come into its own later, and becomes a beast 35+.

Disappointing to hear. Looks like I might go control wizard instead.

Qvoth

Well there was an online RPG called Neverwinter that came out forever ago...

My client can't connect to the login server. Is it down?

yeah it's down for maintenance

Any opinions on GWF?

not sure but the forums have quite a few threads complaining about them

Clerics seem super broken. Does more damage than any other class so far except the Trickster and just can't die.

most people generally say you can get 3rd 4th place in the damage rankings with cleric, but seems like clerics will get aggroed a LOT

anyway the account i use to log into the game is qvoth0, i guess that makes my cryptic account thing @qvoth0 ? any way to check it in game?

Xiaoki

Late bloomer. I've got one up to 14 and it seems rather lackluster at early levels compared to every other class. Apparently it does come into its own later, and becomes a beast 35+.

But the early bloomers come into their own even more 35+ and beyond.

Even at high levels GWF are out DPSed greatly by Rogues, cant compete with damage or utility of a Wizard and takes more damage and is sometimes out DPSed by a Guardian.

Really, the only thing GWF has going for it is AoE which is awesome for trash.

Clerics seem super broken. Does more damage than any other class so far except the Trickster and just can't die.

Sounds like DnD.

Queue last night put me at 7000+ and took about 2 hours to get in. Friend of mine with the $200 founder pack said they got a queue position of 2 and got in 30 seconds later. Thats pretty cool, but not $200 cool.

Ezio

As a control wizard I find myself almost always in the top spot for damage when doing skirmishes etc. Of course I'm only level 16 so that may change as I get higher in levels.

SUPARSTARX

These queue times are bad. I'm using an anti-afk script to stay on later when the shard goes back up when I need to step away.

ZenVolta

Is there a global stash? I wanna remake my character but dont wanna loose some of the cool stuff iv gotten.

Edit: wait never mind. Most of the items are bound to my character. Pffft oh well

Somnia

Glad to see so many people trying it out. Game has been a blast so far, only up to level 24, but don't plan on playing much this week due to Queues, probably just log in to do my daily's if I can log in.

Khronico

Played about fifteen minutes early this morning, seems alright. I might delete this GWF char and make something else though, not really liking that class. Anyone get massive stutter? The framerate is smooth, but it jerks around alot.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
I liked STO other than it's poor PVP balance, so willing to give this a few weeks.

Got my Dwarven Guardian up to level 7 since the maintenance finished, enjoying it so far.

Osiris@Vespya

smr00

Banned
About 30 lockboxes open and still no nightmare mount /cry

Also, they really need to either do a subscription based thing where it just unlocks full bank + bags or make it where when you buy a bag/bank space it's account wide and not character wide because $5+ for 12 slots in a bank is fucking ridiculous and $10 for a 24 slot bag is even more ridiculous.

Make that shit account wide, like if i buy 4 bags every new character gets 4 bags or something and on that note the entire zen market place is extremely overpriced. I understand it's F2P but when the only way you can get these bags and bank space is to spend real money or farm a billion diamonds to convert to that money.. It shouldn't be so expensive.

Played about fifteen minutes early this morning, seems alright. I might delete this GWF char and make something else though, not really liking that class. Anyone get massive stutter? The framerate is smooth, but it jerks around alot.
Did you start getting the stutter after switching the screen? like fullscreen to windowed or windowed to fullscreen? Because when i first booted up the game it booted in windowed full and ran smooth as a babies ass but when i switched to fullscreen i had some pretty bad stutter at 60fps. I exited the game and restarted with vertical sync forced and its been perfectly fine since.

I still get some stuffer in-town but that's to be expected on lower-mid cards if you are maxing it out, i have a GTX 660 and i get some stutter in town and sometimes in dungeons when i stand in a corner which is extremely fucking odd. Like the first dungeon i went into, i ran to this corner to grab this alchemy thing and my FPS literally dropped to 30.

Cryptic does go over the top with essentials, rather than trying to price them slightly cheaper so that people won't feel like they're being blackmailed.

What's preferable, 1 person buying a 10$ bag?
Or 100 people buying a $2 bag?

It's kinda ridiculous that for the price of some of these MTC-items, you can buy whole games on a steam sale.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Cryptic does go over the top with essentials, rather than trying to price them slightly cheaper so that people won't feel like they're being blackmailed.

What's preferable, 1 person buying a 10$ bag?
Or 100 people buying a $2 bag?

It's kinda ridiculous that for the price of some of these MTC-items, you can buy whole games on a steam sale.

Oh, they're pulling *that* kind of free to play?

add/remove programs, uninstall neverwinter.

I can't be bothered with that. Just straight up ripoff WOW bag/bank system and instead of paying 10 gold, make me pay 2 dollar for each slot, and then make me craft a bag or something.

Top Bottom