• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Not the MMO you've been waiting for

RSLAEV

started at about 7kbps now am at a blazing 200kbps

; (

edit: dropped down to 10, look forward to trying this out in a week when it is done

yeah I grabbed the torrent a few days ago figuring I'd have the client downloaded well before today...I was getting 45kbs speeds... seriously wtf?

Qvoth

guess it's a good thing i went to sleep early last night haha
will try to create my character when i return from work... in 8 hours or so
you guys kept mentioning cryptic account... do you guys mean perfect world account or what?
if so, my perfect world account and the username is different... which one do you guys need? the one i use to log into the game or the name i use after i logged in?

Anton668

BigAssQueue.png

sup bro!

ib1YJANCY1sUJX.jpg

Camp Lo

Banned
Perfect World's website is the fuckest baloney shit I've ever seen. I can't login on any account I apparently had created in the past (one was apparently banned and another just won't login no matter what) and I also can't create a new account.

What a piece of shit. Game's probably awful anyway, so I'm not even gonna bother to keep trying.

You need to chill ou--wait, you were banned? LOL

Nibiru

Banned
Terrible server issues today but I still managed to play for a couple of hours and the game is just... ok.

I expect it will keep my attention for about as long as GW2 did so maybe a week.

The queue numbers are lies. My GF had hers in the 60k region yet it eventually suddenly went to 300 and she got on in about 40 mins

K.Sabot

They seriously screwed up something on the Female Dwarf's facial structure.

3hFVDbz.png

It's only on that side, too.

That said, I like the character creator quite a bit.

I'm also having trouble making black people, but that's every mmo.

Ghost23

A little tip for you guys. It seems as though your queue position is determined by where you are trying to login. So if you are higher level and are loading to an area where many people aren't playing in yet, your queue will be significantly lower than someone trying to get into the starting area.

Ghost23

Amazing, after taking 5 hours to get to 20%, my installer went on a rampage and starting downloading at 2 MB/s until it finished. I was about to click cancel, too. :)

Khronico

Every time I launch Neverwinter, the launcher autoupdate comes up, stays there for 30 seconds, then crashes and gives me an error 'Unable to establish connection to patch server'. All I want to do is try this game but nope -_-

Camp Lo

Banned
Every time I launch Neverwinter, the launcher autoupdate comes up, stays there for 30 seconds, then crashes and gives me an error 'Unable to establish connection to patch server'. All I want to do is try this game but nope -_-

I was like that this morning. Almost deleted it but then it started working. Now I'm in a queue :)

You need to chill ou--wait, you were banned? LOL

Apparently I had a banned account from years ago. Don't know what game I was even playing on Perfect World, or why the account would have been banned, but it was. They allowed me to login and change the password on the site, but they didn't allow me to login to the game.

Anyway, it finally worked after about a half hour of dicking with it. The game itself... isn't half bad. It seems to have a lot of the fat cut out of the MMO experience and reminds me of City of Heroes in the focus on more story-driven, instanced content.

Nekofrog

Banned
I still think it's bullshit that people who paid $60 didn't get ANY kind of queue priorities. My $200 roommate logs in and is #3 in queue.

K.Sabot

Why do all the females have a terrible case of scoliosis?

Game is actually quite pretty in motion regardless.

An action MMO where the animations have some snap to them, definitely a first Western developed MMOs.

CzarTim

It's been working fine for me over the last hour or so. I'm at level 6 now but I'm really not enjoying the game, the combat and world seem lacking in comparison to GW2 and the instanced missions mean it doesn't feel at all like an MMORPG. Does things get going once you hit a certain level/area or is it all pretty much the same?

Picks up somewhere between 15 and 20 when you have more abilities.

LowParry

This game is not worth $200! lol

On a side note, pretty standard fare of dungeon crawling and killing x amount of things or gathering. Was looking at the graphics setting and just saw the two settings. Had me laugh until I scrolled down and saw there was advanced option. Goodbye boom.

Emitan

Eilime@emitans is me I think. Is the guild running yet?

Apparently we need character names to invite people. You should add those to the spreadsheet.

EDIT: I can't figure out how to PvP. I'm only level 5. Is that too low?

CzarTim

Eilime@emitans is me I think. Is the guild running yet?

Apparently we need character names to invite people. You should add those to the spreadsheet.

EDIT: I can't figure out how to PvP. I'm only level 5. Is that too low?

no character names are needed, just make sure you have the @ in front of the user name.

You'll get a quest for PVP in the teens.

ReconPeon

The PvP is the only thing that makes me really want to keep playing. And I like it a lot. Not to say the rest of the game is bad, it's just very average.

Honestly, I like Dragon's Nest better than this game and I don't even consider that a good game.

There is an illusion of choice with your characters. They really need to up the abilities and paths your character can take.

K.Sabot

Honestly, I like Dragon's Nest better than this game and I don't even consider that a good game.

There is an illusion of choice with your characters. They really need to up the abilities and paths your character can take.

I agree, the combat is the closest the west has gotten to something like Dragon Nest, which is brilliant.

The game has a massive amount of secondary systems that interest me more than what Dragon Nest currently has, though. I just wish DN's pvp wasn't so laggy.

Darkone

Why the hell did they put 2 fighter classes and not merge it in to one, it sucks that i will have to give up a shield if i am not taking the Guardian Fighter?
the class choices are poor while there could add allot more (Monk, Ranger, Paladin, Warlock).

So, i'm having fun with trickster but want to give another class a try.. my main goal is fun an varied combat.

I think trickster will be my main though, love the range/sneak abilities and cqc

Dunlop

5am est

- Client is downloaded, takes about 10 attempts to log in...until I realize you have to use your - e-mail and not the username you chose (even though it says either on the client)
- another patch
- watch video pretty cool), make a cleric and and 7k in queue
- go back to getting the kids ready for school and my stuff for work
- sneak down to see if I can login and am now 93k in queue

Operation play before work...failure

Nymerio

Played my cleric up to level 8. The animations in this game are really bad, but I had a lot of fun.

Did a foundry quest without even noticing what it was, could have sworn this was a story quest. Wether that is because MMO quests are that bad by default or the foundry quest was so good I don't want to say.

I want to mention though that I think the Foundry is something other MMOs should embrace as well. I dream of a MMO that is filled with user created items, quests, storylines, dungeons, etc.

Ezio

Hit almost 17 last night, ended up playing a control wizard. Played with a group of 4 of my friends, I gotta say it was a blast. However, they stayed up and played later then me, so hopefully if i get to play tonight I'm not too outlevel'd.

Ghost23

I seriously have no clue which class I want to play. I ALWAYS pick the magic class, but I kinda want to switch it up since I always get the same experience. I then looked at GWF, but I've been hearing that their first 30 levels are pretty slow, and it's not until lvl 30 until you begin to get better skills. Anyone have experience with GWF? What are your opinions on it?

So I was playing last night and I wake up to try some things but the launcher is just a grey window, anyone with that problem?

Top Bottom