• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Xbox One Edition

So, because I am an idiot and not thinking tonight, I am currently in the middle of a Cloak Tower run. Solo. As a level 17.

Yeah,not too bright.

So what are my options for when I realize it's impossible and I need to exit? I don't see any way to leave the dungeon and I am currently logged out at the second campfire.

Orca

So, because I am an idiot and not thinking tonight, I am currently in the middle of a Cloak Tower run. Solo. As a level 17.

Yeah,not too bright.

So what are my options for when I realize it's impossible and I need to exit? I don't see any way to leave the dungeon and I am currently logged out at the second campfire.

I believe in you. That wasn't a magical hubcap, the magic was within you all along.

You should be able to walk back to an exit :p

Killer

Banned
Guild update, I've had a chance to look at the guild options. I've updated the guild description and found out how to send invites out. And that is the problem. We can send guild invites to people on our friends list who are also playing the game at the same time or we can send invites to your mail box, in game, I assume. But to send to the mail box I need to know your characters name. The format the game is looking for is "character@handle". Bit of a pain. I'm going to add everyone who is on the players list and if we are on at the same time I'll send over a guild invite. In the meantime if you can let me know your character's name I can update the list and send you a guild invite in the mail.

my character's name: Diablo @ab x Killer
class: Warlock

my character's name: Diablo
class: Warlock

Interesting because my char is called DIablo also, I guess the game doesn't care for name dupes, I like that.

I did notice on leaderboards a user name is listed as "char name"@"gamertag" which is really clever of them to do so, you get both names together making things a lot easier.

Guild update, I've had a chance to look at the guild options. I've updated the guild description and found out how to send invites out. And that is the problem. We can send guild invites to people on our friends list who are also playing the game at the same time or we can send invites to your mail box, in game, I assume. But to send to the mail box I need to know your characters name. The format the game is looking for is "character@handle". Bit of a pain. I'm going to add everyone who is on the players list and if we are on at the same time I'll send over a guild invite. In the meantime if you can let me know your character's name I can update the list and send you a guild invite in the mail.

I can't seem to edit that doc.

Diablo@Diablohead UK

zorbsie

Sent out guild invites to Bru, Shortt Sirket, Fortinbras, Archpath1, Diablo and rpcdrag0n. Thanks for posting your charactername@gamertag here. It made it a lot easier. :)

Also updated the players list.

Killer, I need your gamertag to be able to send you a guild invite.

If I missed anyone let me know. I'll still be adding folks like I said yesterday and if I see you online in game I'll send an invite over to you.

Lastly, I realize the guild name is silly. We can edit it without paying money, if you can believe it. So I'm totally open to suggestions.

zorbsie

I would like to be added also please. Snippy@suchlikepompo. Thanks!

Done.

Is there a quest that explains professions at all? I feel like I've missed something. I'm level 23 and haven't noticed anything. So I just started training a weaponsmith. Not sure where this will lead to.

Done.

Is there a quest that explains professions at all? I feel like I've missed something. I'm level 23 and haven't noticed anything. So I just started training a weaponsmith. Not sure where this will lead to.
Yeah I never saw a quest for that. Just stumbled upon the menu and starting sending people on tasks.

CeeSaw

If you still are taking more CeedaLongSaw@Cee5aw. Still coming to terms with the controls and systems but am liking what I have played so far.

I spent 3-4 hours playing this with a buddy last night and I really enjoyed it... I used to play Wow back in the day and loved it but I never had time for the endgame stuff. This game is a lot like Wow without the personality.

This seems fun though... I wish there were more console MMO like this... It's a lot more enjoyable playing these things on a couch, on a controller with party chat at your disposal.

Karak

I am going to be honest this has redoubled my appetite for Secret World to move to consoles.

FYI for player list.

Malanthrax in game
Malanthrax character name
available anytime
Control Wizard

Archpath1

About professions
Looked it up , there is a short quest at level 10
Given by sgt nox
If I remember he just makes you take a box to some some guy , that guy just mentions professions that they can get you stuff you won't find other places
Tells you to start by hiring some helpers for tasks
I don't really think it explains it well, not sure if your restricted to 2 like wow
But working on weaponSmith, and leadership (I got an epic helper cuts times like 40%)
So far only have 1 slot for tasks available though

Killer

Banned
Interesting because my char is called DIablo also, I guess the game doesn't care for name dupes, I like that.

I did notice on leaderboards a user name is listed as "char name"@"gamertag" which is really clever of them to do so, you get both names together making things a lot easier.

huh, didn't know the game allow duplicate names. Maybe because it's attached to the gamertag as you said.

Finally got a chance to get back to this today.

Currently creating my character and deciding race/class and such. Last played trickster rogue in the beta but can't remember what I played in the PC version.

kamicowzi

Banned
Hit me up for the guild too...I can't add my stuff to the doc (my GAF name and gamertag are already on there...which is kamicowzi for both)

Character name is Arwunax...a Dragonborn Scourge Warlock

Is the ever-decreasing framerate normal? I feel like I'm hitting single digits even in low player count areas, it's almost becoming unplayable.

My char found some cool gear, looks like he just walked out of a western lol

I'm also at nearly 600 life steal points, a stealth crit can give me 300+ hp back it's great.

5a04o3i.jpg

I'm playing this game at 720p and while the game looks fine some text can be a little too small to read.

Kadin

Would love to get added as well, thx!

Kadin@xKadiNx

MAX PAYMENT

Can anyone who has ayed this game for a while (on x1 or pc) explain at what point the real money stuff starts to become intrusive?

Thanks!

I'd love to get a guild invite, though I just started. MAX PAYMENT is my Gt.

Edit.
Dwarfly@MAX PAYMENT

Can anyone who has ayed this game for a while (on x1 or pc) explain at what point the real money stuff starts to become intrusive?

Thanks!

I'd love to get a guild invite, though I just started. MAX PAYMENT is my Gt.

Edit.
Dwarfly@MAX PAYMENT

For what I understand you need to use shards for some early or easy access to things and the auction house, you can buy those or find rough versions from level 60 mobs and then refine them to currency, which is going to be the slow grind method of earning shards or what ever they call them.

I would think a lot of the game will be like that high level.

singhr1

I remember when I played in the beta on PC a few years ago that the Foundry (user created quests) was a pretty cool idea. I played a few and seemed fun back then. Did it do well? Is it even available in the Xbox One version?

I've not had any message in game about the guild, do I need to go check my post or speak to the guild counter?

*edit* first time I have seen a log in que in this game, guess everyone is playing now that they had easter dinner :p

zorbsie

I've not had any message in game about the guild, do I need to go check my post or speak to the guild counter?

*edit* first time I have seen a log in que in this game, guess everyone is playing now that they had easter dinner :p

Not sure how they show up. I think it might be mail you get. Let me know if you didn't get anything and I'll send another your way.

zorbsie

Can I be added please?

Gamertag is Tarahiro and character is Raine@Tarahiro

Playing a Hunter Ranger

:D

Invite sent.

king grimlock, I think it's character based. Otherwise guild invites would be to the gametag. But I'm not totally sure. :)

Just got a coupon for 15% off mounts. Dat tiger mount tho....

Top Bottom